Heres a thought: While self-quarantining with their families in multimillion-dollar Manhattan co-ops, Wall Street wives ought to have a chat with their Master of the Universe husbands about China, globalism and political correctness. Those are the vectors of their robber-baron wealth.
Thanks to globalism -- i.e., cheap goods from China -- weve gotten many wondrous things, for example:
Toothpaste on American shelves made with a poison found in antifreeze.
Toxic Chinese drywall installed in about 100,000 U.S. homes, emitting noxious fumes that destroyed electrical wiring and metal fixtures and sickened homeowners. Replacement of the drywall, pipes and wiring cost Americans billions of dollars.
Hundreds, possibly thousands, of American dogs killed by melamine-laced Chinese dog food in 2007.
The loss of about 200,000 beautiful maple trees lining the streets of small New England towns, eaten by Asian long-horned beetles that arrived on Chinese cargo ships in 1996. The U.S. taxpayer spends hundreds of millions of dollars to eradicate the repeated outbreaks that continue to this day, despite promises from the Chinese to do better.
Viral pandemics -- H1N1 (from China), bird flu (from China), SARS (from China) and now the Wuhan virus (from China).
Is it really worth paying $3 for a T-shirt at Walmart, rather than $9? The precise reason Chinese goods are so cheap is that they skip the crucial quality-control step.
The medias reaction to this latest pandemic out of China is to say ...
LETS GET ONE THING STRAIGHT: THE CHINESE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!
Well, like most animal-to-human viruses, this one did originate in China and then spread across the globe when Chinese tourists infected people in other countries.
As described by Melinda Liu in Smithsonian Magazine, the Chinese wet markets, often poorly ventilated, with multiple species jammed together -- create ideal conditions for spreading disease through shared water utensils or airborne droplets of blood and other secretions.
This 2017 article was titled: Is China Ground Zero for a Future Pandemic?
When the pandemic arrived, at least the World Health Organization leapt to action. First step: Find a cure? Develop a vaccine? Demand protections for the elderly?
WHO officials got together and worked on coming up with a new name for the Wuhan virus that sounded less Asian.
Next, the WHO put out a Fact Sheet to ensure that those with Kung Flu would not be stigmatized. It instructed:
DO -- talk about people acquiring or contracting #COVID-19.
DONT -- talk about people transmitting COVID-19, infecting others or spreading the virus as it implies intentional transmission & assigns blame.
As fear of the Chinese virus spread, Gloria Allred brought a lawsuit against a Los Angeles school for sending an Asian student to the school nurse after he coughed in class.
Americans are cowering in their homes. Airlines, restaurants, beaches, ski resorts, professional sports, colleges and stores have been shut down. But we must never violate the fundamental civil right of an Asian to cough in class and refuse to see the nurse!
The New York Times has also been on the racism beat, with these pressing stories:
As Chinese Grapple With a New Illness, an Old Stigma Is Revived
An Outbreak of Racist Sentiment as Coronavirus Reaches Australia
As Coronavirus Spreads, So Does Anti-Chinese Sentiment
And theres more!
Virus Fuels Anti-Chinese Sentiment Overseas
Coronavirus Outbreak Risks Reviving Stigma for China
Wait, heres another:
For a Chinese Traveler, Even Paradise Comes With Prejudice
A few weeks ago -- before a trillion dollars in wealth was destroyed by the coronavirus panic and we learned the real disease was racism -- everyone, including the Times, admitted that the virus was brought to Italy by two Chinese tourists.
[T]here had not yet been any confirmed cases in Italy, the Times reported, until Jan. 30, when the government announced the first two cases. The scientific director of an infectious diseases hospital in Rome identified them: two Chinese tourists visiting Rome.
The Times buried this fact in an article perversely titled: Cruise Passengers Are Held at Italian Port in False Alarm Over Coronavirus. On one hand, a bunch of cruise passengers were inconvenienced for 12 hours; on the other hand, a viral pandemic that could kill millions was introduced to Italy. You write the headline.
Lombardy is the Italian region most devastated by the Wuhan virus. As far back as 2003, a Library of Congress report cited Lombardy as having the highest concentration of Chinese immigrants in Italy. Our media refuses to tell us this fact today -- or any day.
No hard feelings, but why not relieve peoples minds? West Virginians who have no contact with anyone visiting from China can rest easy! No need to stockpile toilet paper.
While were at it, when will the media and the medical community get around to informing Americans that this latest Chinese pandemic poses little danger to anyone under 70 without certain chronic medical conditions?
Italy has been ravaged by the Wuhan virus, but the average age of the dead is 81.
According to the dire estimates of the Imperial College of London -- whose assessment we are following -- excepting those with underlying medical conditions, the new coronavirus is far less deadly than the seasonal flu to anyone under 60 years old. Its no worse than the 2017-18 flu season for those in their 60s.
But its five to 10 times more deadly than the regular flu for those in their 70s and 80s, respectively.
We ought to surround old folks homes with the National Guard and call it a day. It would probably save more lives and wouldnt destroy the economy.
But theres no time to think about saving lives. The important thing is to stamp out the idea that a virus that originated in CHINA has anything to do with CHINA!
Ann Coulter is a regular contributor to conservative news sites Human Events and Breitbart. She is a native of New Canaan, Conn.
- Cornell Republicans Endorse Trump, Breaking With 2016 Position - Cornell University The Cornell Daily Sun - October 17th, 2020
- Amy Coney Barrett Hearing & Cory Booker: Democrat Misleads on Abortion and Roe v. Wade - National Review - October 17th, 2020
- Fact vs. opinion in the case of Kyle Rittenhouse: Part 2 - The Courier-Express - October 2nd, 2020
- Conservative Pundit Slams Donald Trump, Corrupt System Over Tax Returns - International Business Times - October 2nd, 2020
- Who Won The Debate? Liberal, Conservative Pundits Give Their Breakdown Of Trump vs. Biden - International Business Times - October 2nd, 2020
- Trump Planning Massive ICE Raids Before Election To Rile His Base - The Ring of Fire Network - The Ring of Fire Network - October 2nd, 2020
- Cuomo Threat Against Trump Applies to All Who Support President's Agenda - AmmoLand Shooting Sports News - September 14th, 2020
- With a hand from Trump, the right makes Rittenhouse a cause clbre - POLITICO - September 8th, 2020
- Trump's Contempt for the Sick and Disabled Is Written All Over His Covid-19 Response - City Watch - September 8th, 2020
- The Readers' Forum: Tuesday letters | Letters To The Editor | journalnow.com - Winston-Salem Journal - September 8th, 2020
- One of Trump's biggest detractors is as conservative as they come - Public Opinion - September 8th, 2020
- There are warning signs that America is in the early stages of insurgency. - Slate - September 8th, 2020
- "A Movement of Women" takes a critical look at conservative women in the century since the 19th amendment was ratified - Art Critique - August 20th, 2020
- Why do Liberals Shut down Free Speech and Conservatives Don't? - The Times of Israel - August 20th, 2020
- Biden is like a house you buy 'as is.' I did, and it's the best investment I ever made. - USA TODAY - August 20th, 2020
- A New Gallery Show Scrutinizes the Legacies of Anti-Feminist Women, From Ayn Rand to Kellyanne Conway - artnet News - August 14th, 2020
- Kamala Harris is Asian and Black. That shouldn't be confusing in 2020 but it is to some. - NBC News - August 14th, 2020
- Editorial: CMU should be able to handle a Richard Grenell - TribLIVE - June 25th, 2020
- 'Mrs. America' Showrunner Dahvi Waller On Viewing American History as a Canadian, Showing the Birth of Intersectional Feminism - Awards Daily - June 25th, 2020
- Ann Coulter: Yale University has to go! | Opinion | havasunews.com - Today's News-Herald - June 23rd, 2020
- 'This is insanity!': Conservatives slam removal of Theodore Roosevelt's statue from Museum of Natural History - MEAWW - June 23rd, 2020
- Five Political Films at the 2020 AFI Docs Festival - Splice Today - June 23rd, 2020
- What is antifa and what does the movement want? - Savannah Morning News - June 6th, 2020
- #WheresTrump: Trump, the loudest man in America cant find his voice - Vox.com - June 3rd, 2020
- Ann Coulter Perfectly Mocks Trump's Absence of Leadership in This Time of Crisis With Savage Tweet for the Ages - Second Nexus - June 3rd, 2020
- "Law and Order" President in Hiding as D.C. Burns - TheStreet - June 3rd, 2020
- Conflicting Narratives & the Distortion of Donald Trump - Consortium News - June 3rd, 2020
- What is antifa and what does the movement want? - Dallas County News - June 3rd, 2020
- Ann Coulter Turns on Disloyal Actual Retard Trump in ... - May 30th, 2020
- Ann Coulter Mocks Trump After Criticism Of Lincoln Project ... - May 30th, 2020
- AROUND TOWN: On being tested for COVID-19 at Kennesaw State University - MDJOnline.com - May 30th, 2020
- Honestly without Anonymity - Outside The Beltway - Mobile Edition - May 24th, 2020
- Ann Coulter Jokes That People Who Died From COVID Will Vote Blue - HillReporter.com - May 22nd, 2020
- CIVIQ: Creative Resiliency During COVID-19 - The Chattanoogan - May 18th, 2020
- How chatter and conservative anger upended a White House staffing search - POLITICO - May 18th, 2020
- Kellyanne and George Conway's Weird, Fascinating, and Maybe Perfectly Healthy Marriage: Charted - Washingtonian - May 15th, 2020
- Ann Coulter: Lab theory of Wuhan virus cooked up in a neocon lab - Today's News-Herald - May 15th, 2020
- Kayleigh McEnany the 'acceptable' face of Trumpism who infuriates liberals - The Guardian - May 15th, 2020
- ANN COULTER: Lab theory of Wuhan virus cooked up in a NEOCON lab - MDJOnline.com - May 9th, 2020
- GoFundMe Starts After Stores Security Guard Is Shot And Killed Over A Face Mask - News One - May 9th, 2020
- Humor: Davis College Republicans upset they can't host controversial speaker this year - The Aggie - May 9th, 2020
- Katie Couric on How She Spared Ann Curry From an Interview with 'Provocateur' Ann Coulter - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - May 2nd, 2020
- The battle in the White House on immigration | Opinion - Hindustan Times - April 24th, 2020
- Jeff Sessions' Immigration Moratorium Should Have Trump's Backing - The Schpiel - April 21st, 2020
- ANN COULTER: Liberalism, like the Wuhan virus, will never die - MDJOnline.com - April 18th, 2020
- Letters to the Editor: April 16, 2020 - TCPalm - April 16th, 2020
- ANN COULTER: Why do we have to deal with this virus at all? - MDJOnline.com - April 14th, 2020
- Review: 'Final Draft: The Collected Work of David Carr,' edited by Jill Rooney Carr - Minneapolis Star Tribune - April 14th, 2020
- Jared Kushner and Ivanka mocked as 'Javanka' for oversized roles in Trump regime's response to coronavirus - MEAWW - April 14th, 2020
- Wendy Bell, America's Worst White Woman, Is Back (and Wants to Kill Your Grandparents) - The Root - April 14th, 2020
- ANN COULTER: The bill for globalism has arrived - MDJOnline.com - April 3rd, 2020
- The Quarantinis Are Flowing and the Store Is Out of Milk Bones - The New York Times - April 1st, 2020
- Ann Coulter: How do we flatten the curve on panic? - Today's News-Herald - April 1st, 2020
- Trump Is Willing to Risk Hundreds of Thousands of Lives - Washington Monthly - March 27th, 2020
- Bill Gates on CNN: returning to normal life in April is not realistic - Boing Boing - March 27th, 2020
- Rick Wilson is further damaging what's left of CNN's and MSNBC's credibility - Washington Examiner - March 23rd, 2020
- OAN correspondent goes full Q in the briefing room tells Trump the media has teamed up with foreign state propaganda - AlterNet - March 23rd, 2020
- We Must Isolate The Vulnerable, Gain Herd Immunity, And Put America Back To Work - Townhall - March 23rd, 2020
- Will the handshake outlast coronavirus? - Spectator.co.uk - March 18th, 2020
- Yes, Coronavirus Is Worse Than the Flu - National Review - March 12th, 2020
- Tomi Lahren 'Far More Concerned With Stepping On A Used Heroin Needle' In CA Than Getting Coronavirus - NewsHounds - March 12th, 2020
- Ann Coulter: Biden's selection will be good news for Trump - Salisbury Post - Salisbury Post - March 12th, 2020
- Ann Coulter may have just given the American people the best reason to vote for Elizabeth Warren yet - MarketWatch - February 28th, 2020
- 10 Films That Predicted The Trump Presidency - WhatCulture - February 28th, 2020
- ANN COULTER: Harpooning the toxic whale | Opinion - MDJOnline.com - February 28th, 2020
- Ann Coulter Tells True Story of Being Banned from Fox News - February 22nd, 2020
- ANN COULTER:The Boy Scouts have long been on the left's hate list - MDJOnline.com - February 22nd, 2020
- Letter: Anyone as tired of this as me? | Letters to the Editor - Arizona Daily Star - February 22nd, 2020
- Ann Coulter: Honey, We Molested the Kids! - Breitbart - February 22nd, 2020
- The Five Best Things to Do in South Florida This Weekend - New Times Broward-Palm Beach - February 22nd, 2020
- Mick Mulvaney Says America Is Desperate For More Immigrants - The Ring of Fire Network - The Ring of Fire Network - February 22nd, 2020
- Opinion: How our politicians talk to each other matters - UI The Daily Iowan - February 17th, 2020
- Hope Hicks Is Back as a 'Senior Counselor' to President Trump - The National Interest Online - February 15th, 2020
- One of Joe Rogan's Latest Guests Really Rubbed Some Fans the Wrong Way - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - February 15th, 2020
- Ann Coulter Torches Epsteins Lawyer Ken Starr During Trump Trial Presentation: His Strategy is to Torture the Senate - Mediaite - January 29th, 2020
- Trump Targets a New Group of Immigrants - The Atlantic - January 29th, 2020
- Trump the transgressor: the psychological appeal of leaders who break the rules - The Conversation UK - January 29th, 2020
- Keeping America More or Less The Same - The Arch Conservative - January 29th, 2020
- Gilpin To Play Ann Coulter In "Impeachment" - Dark Horizons - January 25th, 2020
- 'Punk'd' to be revived with Chance the Rapper as new host - Home - WSFX - January 25th, 2020