If the thought of Joe Rogan protesting face masks wasn't bad enough, he's also shared trans-phobic comments in the past.
Former Man Show co-host Joe Rogan isn't the type to keep his mouth shut, and it might just get him in trouble one of these days.
Speaking of, the comedian, commentator, and podcast host recently got blasted on Twitter for saying that people who wear masks "are [expletive]," which seemed to ignore the fact that scientific studies have proven wearing them benefits everyone. That said, Rogan likely won't back down from his stance.
Seeing as how Rogan is known for standing his groundeven when promoting controversial opinionsthe UFC commentator probably won't make any concessions on the issue. The funny thing is Twitter users are citing scientific evidence to reiterate why people shouldn't listen to Joe Rogan go on these tirades.
While everyone is entitled to their opinion, celebrities like Rogan need to be careful with the messages they're sending to their audiences, especially on top-tier ones. He's still recording his usual podcast, but the comedian has also signed a substantial contract with Spotify. That goes to show the type of platform on which Rogan is speaking.
Related: Is The Joe Rogan Experience Podcast Really Worth $100 Million?
Keep in mind that Rogan could've been joking about his "masks are for [expletive]" comments. Just like his controversial stances of the past, he's also known for acting/sounding very intense while speaking sarcastically about a topic. Rogan usually clarifies when he's acting sarcastic, of course, one never knows when it comes to comedians.
Come to think of it, Rogan might have been trolling the internet to see who would call him out. With cancel-culture all the rage nowadays, any small offense is usually met by people rallying to have celebrities put out of work. That said, he may have been trying to get the bandwagon rolling, whether it needed to or not.
Related: Patton Oswalt Defends The WWE After Joe Rogan Uses The F-Word
On the other hand, considering he's yelled "you're a man" while speaking about transgender women during an on-air rant, we wouldn't be surprised to learn that Rogan actually thinks "wearing masks is for [expletive]."
The bad news is Rogan's platform continues to expand with each new podcast, and there are still people who believe Rogan's influence on society is a positive one.
Related: Joe Rogan Slams Tekashi 6ix9ine: "He's Nonsense."
Let's not forget that the podcast host has interviewed Toronto Professor, Jordan Peterson, several times. Peterson, too, has touted radical views on Nazism and transgender issues, which is why his association with Rogan make both their POV's less valuable than someone more informed about the particular field.
In any case, calling Rogan out is better than silencing him. He'll continue to spew similar commentary on his podcasts, and eventually, Rogan will slip up. Everyone does. Of course, once Rogan insinuates something dastardly, fan approval will likely shift in an unfavorable direction for him.
Next: Joe Rogan Probably Regrets These Instagram Photos
Everything We Know About Daniel Radcliffe And Erin Darke
Paul Zuniga is a journalist who's been covering entertainment-related topics for the past three years, mostly for FanSided's network of websites. His expertise, however, doesn't stop there. Paul has also interviewed both newcomers and veterans of the entertainment industry, delving deep into the complexities of movies and television. And he's intent on keeping the momentum going.
Read more here:
Joe Rogan Is Asking For Heat With Latest Comments - TheThings
- Confessions of a jaded NZ bookseller - The Spinoff - August 2nd, 2020
- Dont bank on Britains foppish, lazy elites to save us from deep fakery - The Guardian - August 2nd, 2020
- Will the real fascist please stand up? - Fallbrook / Bonsall Villlage News - July 31st, 2020
- Hess Jr. claims third win in a row at Eriez | News, Sports, Jobs - timesobserver.com - July 31st, 2020
- 5-year-old boy severely injured after being run over during camping trip - East Idaho News - July 27th, 2020
- Peterson: Last call for the Top 120 of 2020 - The Topeka Capital-Journal - July 27th, 2020
- MALCOLM: Fair coverage of the Conservative leadership is missing - Toronto Sun - July 27th, 2020
- 'Your inner voice will need to be your compass': Turners Falls High School says goodbye to Class of 2020 - The Recorder - July 27th, 2020
- Taibbi, Harper's and the Intellectual Dark Web - CounterPunch.org - CounterPunch - July 27th, 2020
- This Week in Podcasts: feat. Big Shiny Takes, Oats for Breakfast and more | Ricochet - Ricochet Media - July 5th, 2020
- TCW's top ten blogs of the week - The Conservative Woman - July 5th, 2020
- Nietzsche meets Netflix: the killer philosophy behind The Sinner - The Telegraph - July 2nd, 2020
- Bishop Robert Barron on Internet ministry, Black Lives Matter and the art of dialogue - America Magazine - June 30th, 2020
- The fall of Cambridge University - TheArticle - June 30th, 2020
- Sorry, not sorry: How Muay Thai taught me to stop apologising for everything - The Spinoff - June 30th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson: The activists are now stalking the hard scientists - National Post - June 24th, 2020
- Alpha brains but beta minds: Tory culture is the main worry for true conservatives - The Conservative Woman - June 24th, 2020
- Amia Srinivasan He, She, One, They, Ho, Hus, Hum, Ita: How Should I Refer to You? LRB 2 July 2020 - London Review of Books - June 24th, 2020
- Clergy kneel to those who'd trample over them - The Conservative Woman - June 22nd, 2020
- Dave Rubin On Where Liberals And Conservatives Can Agree, And Can't - The Federalist - June 16th, 2020
- Five defensive players the Arizona Cardinals need to live up to expectations in 2020 - Revenge of the Birds - June 16th, 2020
- NFL stars deliver a message to the league: Admit you silenced us wrongly - Sporting News - June 6th, 2020
- On the Limits of Dave Rubins Cultural Politics - National Review - June 6th, 2020
- Jordan B. Peterson Health Update: Author Is Recovering ... - May 27th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson is back at work on his next book - May 27th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson on the Resurrection | Adrian Warnock - Patheos - May 27th, 2020
- Why Hungarys Viktor Orbn is the American rights favorite strongman - Vox.com - May 24th, 2020
- Patrick Peterson says 2020 Cardinals are, on paper, best team he has been on - Cards Wire - May 24th, 2020
- Graduation 2020: Westby Area High School - The Westby Times - May 24th, 2020
- Jonathan Kay: It takes a true artist to find new ways to shock the conscience. Kent Monkman has done that - National Post - May 24th, 2020
- The Irrelevance of the Intelligence Debate - Merion West - May 18th, 2020
- There are great stories about U.S. Open qualifiers; too bad we won't have any in 2020 - GolfDigest.com - May 18th, 2020
- Bob Holliday talks about the fun day when MJ and Buzz Peterson went golfing - WRALSportsFan.com - May 15th, 2020
- Mohamed and the Mountain | Annette Poizner | The Blogs - The Times of Israel - May 15th, 2020
- What Hating Jordan Peterson Tells You (about yourself) - The Times of Israel - May 6th, 2020
- Former Vol head coach appears in ESPNs The Last Dance - Vols Wire - May 6th, 2020
- What if Michael Jordan had signed with Adidas? He very nearly did, and it haunts Gary Stokan to this day - WRALSportsFan.com - May 6th, 2020
- Why is it always the white NFL players who get a second chance? - The Guardian - May 6th, 2020
- Another Piece on How Feminism Has Ruined Men - RushLimbaugh.com - May 6th, 2020
- Dave Rubin is out of ideas - Business Insider - Business Insider - May 6th, 2020
- Justin Amash could lead conservative reformation - Spring Hope Enterprise - May 2nd, 2020
- May Day! May Day! Is Government Out of Control? What It Means to Investors - Stock Investor - May 2nd, 2020
- Jordan Peterson and Carl Jung's Worldviews Have Been Greatly Oversimplified - Merion West - May 1st, 2020
- Dave Rubin Talks To Shapiro About Learning From Jordan Peterson On Tour - The Daily Wire - May 1st, 2020
- The one player Michael Jordan was scared of in college? Buzz Peterson details it - The Athletic - May 1st, 2020
- Russell Brand And Ricky Gervais Are Just What Your Brain Needs - The Federalist - May 1st, 2020
- The Problem with Edmund Burke and Defenders of Tradition - Merion West - May 1st, 2020
- FreedomFest Urges People to 'Catch the Vision' in Las Vegas - Right Wing Watch - May 1st, 2020
- Seminal Words and the Pregnant Pause | Annette Poizner - The Times of Israel - April 22nd, 2020
- Too Hot to Handle on Netflix is undeniably Sexy in Quarantine - The TeCake - April 22nd, 2020
- What Skeptical Scholars Admit about the Resurrect... - ChristianityToday.com - April 13th, 2020
- Michael Brooks' New Book Hits the Mark - Merion West - April 13th, 2020
- How Joe Rogan and Eric Weinstein Sinned - Thrive Global - April 7th, 2020
- Understanding the Viciousness of Jordan Peterson's Critics - Merion West - March 27th, 2020
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Has Mastered The Art Of Waist-Up Dressing - British Vogue - March 27th, 2020
- Five hours to change your life with Jordan Peterson - Patheos - March 27th, 2020
- If people stand up in the face of the things they are afraid of, they get stronger - The Indian Express - March 27th, 2020
- Prof still fighting school's demand to call he a 'she' - OneNewsNow - March 18th, 2020
- Patrick Peterson: Cardinals 'all in' this year and 'not done' - Cards Wire - March 18th, 2020
- Tips, links and suggestions: what are you reading this week? - The Guardian - March 18th, 2020
- What Happened to Jordan Peterson? - The New Republic - March 15th, 2020
- Inside the Treatment of Jordan Peterson - InsideHook - March 15th, 2020
- Christopher Booker: Groupthink review an uncritical history of political correctness - The Arts Desk - March 15th, 2020
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos: Jordan B ... - March 9th, 2020
- The best recent poetry review roundup - The Guardian - March 9th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson Checks into Rehab Following Wife's Cancer ... - March 9th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson Wife: The Truth About Tammy Peterson - Who - February 28th, 2020
- Podcast giant Joe Rogan coming to Tampas Amalie Arena - Tampa Bay Times - February 28th, 2020
- Is Wall Street on the Brink of Disaster? - Stock Investor - February 28th, 2020
- The Travesty of Comparing Jordan Peterson to Hitler - Merion West - February 25th, 2020
- What Douglas Murray's Book Does Well (And Where It Falters) - Merion West - February 24th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson: the One Who Helped Me When I Most Needed It - Merion West - February 20th, 2020
- 'He could've killed somebody': Victim in Boise 11-car hit-and-run crash reacts to wild video - KTVB.com - February 20th, 2020
- A Controversial Study Claimed To Explain Why Women Dont Go Into Science And Tech. It Just Got A 1,113-Word Correction. - BuzzFeed News - February 20th, 2020
- Feb. 18: The story of Bombardier could have been easily avoided. Readers react to Bombardiers fortunes, facial recognition, Jordan Peterson, plus... - February 20th, 2020
- Meet the Petersons: the controversial family plagued by ill health - Telegraph.co.uk - February 20th, 2020
- Ex-benzodiazepine user relating to Peterson says withdrawal 'hell' needs awareness - The Chronicle Journal - February 20th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson enters rehab after wife's cancer diagnosis - February 9th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson recovering from tranquilizer addiction in Russia - New York Post - February 8th, 2020
- He nearly died several times: Controversial academic Jordan Peterson seeks to recover from addiction, daughter says - Toronto Star - February 8th, 2020