It seems monstrously wrong to surrender the world to the looters, and monstrously wrong to live under their rule. Francisco dAnconia(Atlas Shrugged, byAyn Rand)
Everything will end badly. Bill Henry(Maxims of Wall Street, p. 111)
The Four Horsemen of Free Enterprise Meet Up!
Yesterday, I co-moderated a unique two-hour MoneyShow webinar, an Economic Summit.Steve Moore, Art Laffer, Steve Forbesand I labeled the Four Horsemen of Free Enterprise discussed and debated the economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, which began in Wuhan, China, on the markets and our liberties.The webinar was hosted byKim Githler.
We debated at least five vital subjects on the minds of every investor: economic recovery vs. stagnation; inflation vs. deflation; gold vs. stocks; liberty vs. safety; and the November elections.You canwatch the video here.
I highly recommend it. The two hours whizzed by for me as a panelist.
Art Lafferwas the most optimistic, predicting a V-shaped recovery.Hes even more upbeat about the coronavirus.It is not as dangerous as we thought, even for him, an 80-year-old.In late February, he told Fox News he was not getting on an airplane to California to speak.
Now he says hes willing to fly again.
Art, along with the two Steves, are thought leaders in the newly appointedWhite House Committee to Restart America.He said that both Moore and Forbes addressed the audience of 200 members of the Committee, including many business leaders, encouraging them to open their businesses as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, they are hamstrung by government officials who are severely limiting the recovery.
Yesterday, it was announced that gross domestic product (GDP) fell an incredible 4.8%.Two months ago, economists expected a 3.1% increase!
When the economic top-line, gross output (GO), is released for the first quarter, it should be even worse. Now economists are predicting a $4.6 trillion deficit for 2020-21.
The Fed is pumping trillions of dollars into the economy.Money has never been easier.
And where is that money going?Not the economy, which is still reeling from the lockdown.We could see more than 30 million Americans go without work and 30% of all small businesses collapse.Pension funds will go bankrupt.
Why Is the Stock Market Moving Higher?
Rather, the new money is going into the stock market.Stocks are always forward looking, and that means investors are upbeat about the possibility of a turnaround.
Even oil stocks are moving back up!
Thus, we remain fully invested in the market, especially tech stocks, health care, financials and gold.
In yesterdays MoneyShow webinar, Steve Moore and I discussed the possibility of an L- or U-shaped recovery rather than a V-shaped recovery.Unless the government loosens its stranglehold on the economy, I see an inflationary recession/depression coming on.
The Greatest Danger Ahead:Loss of Our Liberties
My greatest fear is excessive government power.AsTuto Quirago, former president of Bolivia, once said, More and more, everything is either prohibited or mandated.
Without any legislative approval, governors and presidents are signing executive orders requiring us to wear masks, prohibiting us from walking down the beach or telling us we cant play golf or street basketball. Its crazy.
I askedSteve Forbesif he envisions a time when the next virus vaccines will be mandated, or, asBill Gateswants, forcing us to provide a health certificate to get on an airplane.He says no, but Im not so sure.
There is growing censorship in social media, where Facebook and YouTube, among others, are shutting down people who dont follow the established line of thinking.It is a serious problem.
Forbes is more bullish on stocks than gold.Gold is a good hedge in a crisis, but once the crisis is over, stocks are better, he said.
Im recommending both.The crisis is far from over.
Robert Wolf, Economic Advisor to Obama, Eyes the November Elections
Robert Wolf,former chairman of USB Americas, and an economic advisor to President Obama, was on the program.I asked him why the Democrats have chosen such a weak candidate as Joe Biden rather than a young, vibrant leader likeMark Cuban(who is considering running as a third-party candidate).
Wolf acknowledged that the Democrats have had their best results with younger presidents, such as John F. Kennedy, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, but he said that Biden was a good choice because Trump is too divisive and the country needs a healer like Biden.
May Day!May Day!Early Bird Discount Ends Today!
We will continue this debate at FreedomFest.We are calling an Emergency Meeting at FreedomFest 2020, July 13-16, Paris Resort, Las Vegas,and TODAY is the final day to take advantage of the early-bird discount.See below for details.
It is absolutely vital for you to attend this meeting in July.We are seeingpermanentchanges in the United States, and not all for the good you will need to make important changes in your life, your business and your investment portfolio.That is what our emergency meeting is all about, and will be led by top authorities includingSteve Moore, Dr. Jordan Peterson, Steve Forbes, John Fund, Matt Ridley, Tom Woods, Grover Norquistand financial advisorsAlex Green, Louis Navellier, Rob Arnott, Jim WoodsandHilary Kramer.
We even have confirmedHillsdale Collegeas a sponsor, as well as theClub for Growthfor the first time.
Ten Bagger Penny Stock Opportunity!
Good news for myForecasts & Strategiessubscribers:I have come across a potential ten bagger in the mining business, and its selling for under a buck!
It is literally a penny stock that trades on the over-the-counter market, but with gold in a major upward trend, it could be selling for dollars very quickly.It is selling for pennies because the mining company will be producing gold starting in 2021.Fortunately, they already know how much gold there is (6.6 million ounces, which could make it the sixth-largest gold mine in the United States). This is not an exploratory mine, but a mine in the development stage.
It owns a world-class, multi-million ounce, low cost, open-pit mine in a historic district that has been held back from development because of environmental issues.That is all about to change.The feasibility studies have been made, the permitting is moving forward and production is expected to start late next year.The project is located in the western United States and has quietly attracted some major players, including Franco-Nevada and Barrick Gold, the second largest mining company in the United States.Moreover, recently abillionaire hedge fund investorwas invited to check out the property and bought an entire new funding valued at over $30 million.The whole amount!
But because its a micro-cap penny stock, I cant recommend it in my newsletter, trading services orSkousen CAFE.It can only be made available to a small number of investors.
So, Im offering to give you the name, symbol and background story of the mining company to the FIRST 200 SUBSCRIBERS ofForecasts & Strategiesto sign up for my 40thanniversary celebration at this years FreedomFest, July 13-16, 2020, at the Paris Resort in Las Vegas.(Yes, the hotel plans to be open, and we are also offering for the first time live streaming, so if you cant make it, you can still see the show.)
Now is the hour of decision!The longer you wait, the higher the penny stock is likely to move, given the positive outlook for gold.And over 70 subscribers have already signed up.
Note: If you have already signed up for this years FreedomFest, you automatically qualify to receive the name and symbol of this penny stock.Just email me email@example.com, and Ill email you back.
I enjoyed stacking silver coins on myMaxims book.
Three Special Offers to All Subscribers Who Attend FreedomFest
In addition, when you come to FreedomFest, you will receive (1) a 2020 uncirculated American Eagle silver dollar, and (2) an autographed and numbered copy of the 7thedition of The Maxims of Wall Street.All three gifts a silver dollar, a copy of the Maxims, and the name of the penny stock are yours as a big thank you for joining me and celebrating the 40thanniversary ofForecasts & Strategies.We will have a special reception for all my subscribers, a chance to meet and have a picture taken with me,Steve Forbes,Alex Greenand other celebrities in attendance.Again, the attendance is limited to 200 subscribers.Plus, of course, youll also enjoy three glorious days of great investment advice and how to survive and prosper in 2020 and beyond. For details about all the speakers, panels and debates, go towww.freedomfest.com.TO REGISTER:To sign up for this years FreedomFest,click here now, or call toll-free 1-855-850-3733 ext. 202.Be sure to use code FF2020EAGLE to receive all your exclusive benefits.
And if you are not a subscriber to my newsletter, go towww.markskousen.com, and sign up for only $99.95, an introductory offer for one-year only.
May Day!May Day!May Day!
Note:The early-bird discount ends TODAY!! The full price at the door is $599 per person, butyou pay only $399 per person/$299 for spouse/partner.Rates go up on May Day.
P.S.I was pleasantly surprised and honored by thefollowing announcementby the Center for Individualism.
You Blew it!Dr. Anthony Fauci Says No Sports until 2021
The alarmists are still among us, even as the evidence is growing every day that they are wrong and the novel coronavirus is far less fatal than previously thought.
For example, this report fromDr. Scott W. Atlas, a highly respected Stanford University medical doctor and professor (named one of the Best Doctors in America) has been writing and speaking out under the title: The Data Are In.Stop the Panic and End the Total Isolation.Click hereto read about his findings.
Dr. Atlas admits that Stanford and other universities made a mistake shutting down schools and sending their kids home.According to him, the fatality rate among students is almost nonexistent.
Or read my son Toddssummary of the evidence, which has gone viral recently.
Yet, people likeDr. Anthony Fauci,who theNew York Timescalls the countrys top infectious disease expert, are acting as if nothing has changed in the science.
Safety, for the players and for the fans, trumps everything, Fauci said. If you cant guarantee safety, then unfortunately youre going to have to bite the bullet and say, We may have to go without this sport for this season.
Earlier, he said that professional sports leagues could return to play, but with no fans in the stands.
I would love to be able to have all sports back, Fauci said. But as a health official and a physician and a scientist, I have to say, right now, when you look at the country, were not ready for that yet.
We need to get back to where individuals, businesses and organizations make their own decisions about the safety and well-being of their employees, customers and suppliers not overweening government officials who think they know it all.Thats the American way of freedom that we are sadly losing very quickly in this once great country.
Lets play ball!
Update: Today, we witnessed another example of abuse of power.California Gov.Gavin Newsom,a power-hungry bully, has just closed all beaches in the state after witnessing thousands last Saturday leaving their homes and enjoying a fun day at the beaches while ignoring social distancing guidelines.But we only have our representatives to blame for giving elected leaders excessive emergency power through executive orders.You can say goodbye to the land of the free in 2020.
See the original post:
May Day! May Day! Is Government Out of Control? What It Means to Investors - Stock Investor
- Confessions of a jaded NZ bookseller - The Spinoff - August 2nd, 2020
- Dont bank on Britains foppish, lazy elites to save us from deep fakery - The Guardian - August 2nd, 2020
- Will the real fascist please stand up? - Fallbrook / Bonsall Villlage News - July 31st, 2020
- Hess Jr. claims third win in a row at Eriez | News, Sports, Jobs - timesobserver.com - July 31st, 2020
- 5-year-old boy severely injured after being run over during camping trip - East Idaho News - July 27th, 2020
- Peterson: Last call for the Top 120 of 2020 - The Topeka Capital-Journal - July 27th, 2020
- MALCOLM: Fair coverage of the Conservative leadership is missing - Toronto Sun - July 27th, 2020
- 'Your inner voice will need to be your compass': Turners Falls High School says goodbye to Class of 2020 - The Recorder - July 27th, 2020
- Taibbi, Harper's and the Intellectual Dark Web - CounterPunch.org - CounterPunch - July 27th, 2020
- This Week in Podcasts: feat. Big Shiny Takes, Oats for Breakfast and more | Ricochet - Ricochet Media - July 5th, 2020
- TCW's top ten blogs of the week - The Conservative Woman - July 5th, 2020
- Nietzsche meets Netflix: the killer philosophy behind The Sinner - The Telegraph - July 2nd, 2020
- Bishop Robert Barron on Internet ministry, Black Lives Matter and the art of dialogue - America Magazine - June 30th, 2020
- The fall of Cambridge University - TheArticle - June 30th, 2020
- Sorry, not sorry: How Muay Thai taught me to stop apologising for everything - The Spinoff - June 30th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson: The activists are now stalking the hard scientists - National Post - June 24th, 2020
- Joe Rogan Is Asking For Heat With Latest Comments - TheThings - June 24th, 2020
- Alpha brains but beta minds: Tory culture is the main worry for true conservatives - The Conservative Woman - June 24th, 2020
- Amia Srinivasan He, She, One, They, Ho, Hus, Hum, Ita: How Should I Refer to You? LRB 2 July 2020 - London Review of Books - June 24th, 2020
- Clergy kneel to those who'd trample over them - The Conservative Woman - June 22nd, 2020
- Dave Rubin On Where Liberals And Conservatives Can Agree, And Can't - The Federalist - June 16th, 2020
- Five defensive players the Arizona Cardinals need to live up to expectations in 2020 - Revenge of the Birds - June 16th, 2020
- NFL stars deliver a message to the league: Admit you silenced us wrongly - Sporting News - June 6th, 2020
- On the Limits of Dave Rubins Cultural Politics - National Review - June 6th, 2020
- Jordan B. Peterson Health Update: Author Is Recovering ... - May 27th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson is back at work on his next book - May 27th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson on the Resurrection | Adrian Warnock - Patheos - May 27th, 2020
- Why Hungarys Viktor Orbn is the American rights favorite strongman - Vox.com - May 24th, 2020
- Patrick Peterson says 2020 Cardinals are, on paper, best team he has been on - Cards Wire - May 24th, 2020
- Graduation 2020: Westby Area High School - The Westby Times - May 24th, 2020
- Jonathan Kay: It takes a true artist to find new ways to shock the conscience. Kent Monkman has done that - National Post - May 24th, 2020
- The Irrelevance of the Intelligence Debate - Merion West - May 18th, 2020
- There are great stories about U.S. Open qualifiers; too bad we won't have any in 2020 - GolfDigest.com - May 18th, 2020
- Bob Holliday talks about the fun day when MJ and Buzz Peterson went golfing - WRALSportsFan.com - May 15th, 2020
- Mohamed and the Mountain | Annette Poizner | The Blogs - The Times of Israel - May 15th, 2020
- What Hating Jordan Peterson Tells You (about yourself) - The Times of Israel - May 6th, 2020
- Former Vol head coach appears in ESPNs The Last Dance - Vols Wire - May 6th, 2020
- What if Michael Jordan had signed with Adidas? He very nearly did, and it haunts Gary Stokan to this day - WRALSportsFan.com - May 6th, 2020
- Why is it always the white NFL players who get a second chance? - The Guardian - May 6th, 2020
- Another Piece on How Feminism Has Ruined Men - RushLimbaugh.com - May 6th, 2020
- Dave Rubin is out of ideas - Business Insider - Business Insider - May 6th, 2020
- Justin Amash could lead conservative reformation - Spring Hope Enterprise - May 2nd, 2020
- Jordan Peterson and Carl Jung's Worldviews Have Been Greatly Oversimplified - Merion West - May 1st, 2020
- Dave Rubin Talks To Shapiro About Learning From Jordan Peterson On Tour - The Daily Wire - May 1st, 2020
- The one player Michael Jordan was scared of in college? Buzz Peterson details it - The Athletic - May 1st, 2020
- Russell Brand And Ricky Gervais Are Just What Your Brain Needs - The Federalist - May 1st, 2020
- The Problem with Edmund Burke and Defenders of Tradition - Merion West - May 1st, 2020
- FreedomFest Urges People to 'Catch the Vision' in Las Vegas - Right Wing Watch - May 1st, 2020
- Seminal Words and the Pregnant Pause | Annette Poizner - The Times of Israel - April 22nd, 2020
- Too Hot to Handle on Netflix is undeniably Sexy in Quarantine - The TeCake - April 22nd, 2020
- What Skeptical Scholars Admit about the Resurrect... - ChristianityToday.com - April 13th, 2020
- Michael Brooks' New Book Hits the Mark - Merion West - April 13th, 2020
- How Joe Rogan and Eric Weinstein Sinned - Thrive Global - April 7th, 2020
- Understanding the Viciousness of Jordan Peterson's Critics - Merion West - March 27th, 2020
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Has Mastered The Art Of Waist-Up Dressing - British Vogue - March 27th, 2020
- Five hours to change your life with Jordan Peterson - Patheos - March 27th, 2020
- If people stand up in the face of the things they are afraid of, they get stronger - The Indian Express - March 27th, 2020
- Prof still fighting school's demand to call he a 'she' - OneNewsNow - March 18th, 2020
- Patrick Peterson: Cardinals 'all in' this year and 'not done' - Cards Wire - March 18th, 2020
- Tips, links and suggestions: what are you reading this week? - The Guardian - March 18th, 2020
- What Happened to Jordan Peterson? - The New Republic - March 15th, 2020
- Inside the Treatment of Jordan Peterson - InsideHook - March 15th, 2020
- Christopher Booker: Groupthink review an uncritical history of political correctness - The Arts Desk - March 15th, 2020
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos: Jordan B ... - March 9th, 2020
- The best recent poetry review roundup - The Guardian - March 9th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson Checks into Rehab Following Wife's Cancer ... - March 9th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson Wife: The Truth About Tammy Peterson - Who - February 28th, 2020
- Podcast giant Joe Rogan coming to Tampas Amalie Arena - Tampa Bay Times - February 28th, 2020
- Is Wall Street on the Brink of Disaster? - Stock Investor - February 28th, 2020
- The Travesty of Comparing Jordan Peterson to Hitler - Merion West - February 25th, 2020
- What Douglas Murray's Book Does Well (And Where It Falters) - Merion West - February 24th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson: the One Who Helped Me When I Most Needed It - Merion West - February 20th, 2020
- 'He could've killed somebody': Victim in Boise 11-car hit-and-run crash reacts to wild video - KTVB.com - February 20th, 2020
- A Controversial Study Claimed To Explain Why Women Dont Go Into Science And Tech. It Just Got A 1,113-Word Correction. - BuzzFeed News - February 20th, 2020
- Feb. 18: The story of Bombardier could have been easily avoided. Readers react to Bombardiers fortunes, facial recognition, Jordan Peterson, plus... - February 20th, 2020
- Meet the Petersons: the controversial family plagued by ill health - Telegraph.co.uk - February 20th, 2020
- Ex-benzodiazepine user relating to Peterson says withdrawal 'hell' needs awareness - The Chronicle Journal - February 20th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson enters rehab after wife's cancer diagnosis - February 9th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson recovering from tranquilizer addiction in Russia - New York Post - February 8th, 2020
- He nearly died several times: Controversial academic Jordan Peterson seeks to recover from addiction, daughter says - Toronto Star - February 8th, 2020