With the opening of two heavily hyped Star Wars: Galaxys Edge lands, the Force continues to be strong at Mickeys theme parks on both coasts. The Dec. 5 debut of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disneys Hollywood Studios, part of Walt Disney World in Florida, rounded out the initial phase of the revolutionary land in grand style. It just may be the most sophisticated and arguably, the best attraction that Disneys merry band of Imagineers has yet developed. Rise is scheduled to open on Jan. 17 at the Disneyland version of Galaxys Edge in California.
But its not going to beall lightsabers and droids all the time. There are a ton of other new attractions, shows, updates, dining experiences, and more coming to Disneyland and, especially, Walt Disney World in 2020.
We are creating an idealistic Disney bubble so that guests can feel like they are in a magical place, says Bob Chapek, chairman of Disney parks, experiences, and products, about everything that is on the way.
Disney World:Rise of the Resistance puts riders in the middle of an epic 'Star Wars' battle
With Goofy serving as the engineer of a train ride that (in typical theme park fashion) will go horribly wrong, passengers will be transported into Mickeys cartoon realm when they ride Mickey & Minnies Runaway Railway.(Photo: Disney)
Who wouldnt want to be in a Mickey short cartoon? asks Kevin Rafferty, show writer and creative directorfor Walt Disney Imagineering. Thats his pitch for Mickey & Minnies Runaway Railway, which is scheduled to open March 4 at Disneys Hollywood Studios. Based on the wacky and highly stylized look and feel of the new Mickey Mouse series, the attraction the first ride-through experience to feature the beloved icon will incorporate the shorts offbeat humor and cadence while adhering to cartoon logic and physics, according to Rafferty.
With Goofy serving as the engineer of a train ride that (in typical theme park fashion) will go horribly wrong, passengers will be transported into Mickeys cartoon realm.
We have a winner, Chapek enthuses and predicts that Runaway Railway will be the sleeper hit of the year. A veteran Imagineer who has worked on many of the parks most popular attractions, Rafferty says that the Mickey ride is his favorite.
Youll also be able to catch an original cartoon in the style of the Disney Channel series at the new Mickey Shorts Theater. It will open in March at the Studios park as well.
Remys Ratatouille Adventure is based on Pixars Ratatouille and will take passengers through Gusteaus restaurant where they will experience culinary calamities from the perspective of Remy, a rat who aspires to be a gourmet chef.(Photo: Disney)
Epcot is undergoing a major transformation that will introduce new lands, welcome new additions, and update components of Disney Worlds second theme park. Trackless vehicles will be featured in Remys Ratatouille Adventure, which is scheduled to open at the France pavilion in the summer. Like a similar attraction at the Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris, it will be based on Pixars Ratatouille and will take passengers through Gusteaus restaurant where they will experience culinary calamities from the perspective of Remy, a rat who aspires to be a gourmet chef.
Epcot's new HarmonioUS is the largest nighttime spectacular ever created for a Disney park.(Photo: Disney)
The longstanding nighttime presentation, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, closed in 2019 and ceded the World Showcase Lagoon spotlight to Epcot Forever, a temporary show now playing that pays homage to the parks history. It will be replaced in 2020 by HarmonioUS, which Chapek touts as the largest-scale evening show that Disney has ever developed. Floating fountains and set pieces, a barrage of lights and lasers, and, of course, booming and blazing pyrotechnics will be choreographed to classic Disney songs as performed by a global array of musicians.
Angela Lansbury, who played Mrs. Potts, will coach would-be chanteuses in Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along, coming to the France pavilion.(Photo: WALT DISNEY PICTURES)
Curtains will rise on a trio of new Epcot films, all scheduled to debut on Jan. 17. You could put your warbling to the test and be the guest of Mrs. Potts herself, Angela Lansbury, as she coaches would-be chanteuses in Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along, coming to the France pavilion.
Comic actors and frequent collaborators (as well as Canucks) Eugene Levy and Catherine OHara will co-host Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360, the new in-the-round movie opening at the Canada pavilion. In-theater effects will punctuate Awesome Planet, a film to be shown at The Land pavilion that will celebrate the awesome place we call home.
Since most of us cant resist the lure of our mobile phones, we may as well use them in pursuit of fun during our Disney World visits. Epcot will introduce the latest version of its high-tech scavenger hunt, Disneys Duck Tales World Showcase Adventure. Using the Play Disney Parks mobile app, you and your buddies could join Donald and the gang for an interactive mission throughout the park.
Visitors will board a space elevator that will whisk them 220 miles above the Earth to Space 220 where they will enjoy a meal while gazing at the cosmos through expansive windows.(Photo: Disney)
An out-of-this-world dining experience awaits at Space 220, coming to Epcot this winter. Visitors will board a space elevator that will whisk them 220 miles above the Earth to a space station where they will enjoy a meal while gazing at the cosmos through expansive windows. Heres hoping Tang-infused martinis will be on the menu.
Back on terra firma, the France pavilion will welcome the new restaurant, La Crperie de Paris, featuring both sweet and savory versions of the yummy pancakes. Regal Eagle Smokehouse, opening this winter at Epcots American Adventure, will be serving barbeque and craft beers with the Muppets' Sam the Eagle ashost. Over at Disneys Hollywood Studios, more smoked delicacies will be available at the new Roundup Rodeo BBQ table-service restaurant coming to the parks Toy Story Land.
Roundup Rodeo BBQ is a new table-service restaurant coming to Toy Story Land in 2020.(Photo: Disney)
Cirque du Soleils tent-like theater at Disney Springs, the shopping, dining, and entertainment district at Disney World, has been dark since the long-running show, La Nouba, closed at the end of 2017. But it will spring to life on April 17 when the avant-garde troupe opens Drawn to Life. Created in collaboration with Disney, the production will feature the studios animated movies and characters.
The Magic Happens parade, debuting Feb. 28, will feature characters from Disney and Pixar films such as Frozen, Sleeping Beauty, Moana, and Coco.(Photo: Disney)
Disney parks love a parade, and beginning Feb. 28, the Magic Happens procession will step off at Disneyland. Mickey Mouse and his buddies will be at the helm, and other floats will feature characters from Disney and Pixar films such as Frozen, Sleeping Beauty, Moana, and Coco.
This parade celebrates the way magic affects both the characters in the stories and the guests who are watching, says Jordan Peterson, show director. Magic Happens is like a love letter to those special transformative moments.
Marvel, a key branch of the Disney empire, will establish more of a presence at the U.S. parks with the opening of the Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park, part of Californias Disneyland Resort, in 2020.(Photo: Disney/Marvel)
Marvel, a key branch of the Disney empire, will establish more of a presence at the U.S. parks with the opening of the Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park, part of Californias Disneyland Resort, in 2020.
The highlight of the new land will be an interactive attraction featuring Spider-Man. Recruits aboard Web-Slinger vehicles will help Spidey collect Spider-Bots, pesky surveillance devices developed by the nefarious Otto Octavius, otherwise known as Doctor Doc Ock Octopus.
The Web-Slinger technology is extraordinary, Chapek says, because it enables guests to act like Spider-Man. I think it is going to blow everyone away.
Youll also be able to order oversized and miniaturized food items at Pym Test Kitchen, courtesy of the Pym Particles developed by Ant-Man and The Wasp. Other over-muscled comic book heroes from Black Panther, Thor, Guardians of the Galaxyand Doctor Strange will take up residence at the Avengers Campus.
Walt Disney once said, Disneyland will never be completed ... as long as there is imagination left in the world. With everything that is planned for 2020, his ethos would seem to pervade all of the Disney parks. But Walts clarion call for expansion and renewal even applies to his parks original attractions.
Sixty-five years after it debuted, Snow Whites Scary Adventures is getting a makeover. When it reopens this year, the classic dark ride will be spiffed up inside and out and feature new technology such as laser projections and LED black lighting as well as new scenes such as the princess waking from her deep slumber.
- Understanding the Viciousness of Jordan Peterson's Critics - Merion West - March 27th, 2020
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Has Mastered The Art Of Waist-Up Dressing - British Vogue - March 27th, 2020
- Five hours to change your life with Jordan Peterson - Patheos - March 27th, 2020
- If people stand up in the face of the things they are afraid of, they get stronger - The Indian Express - March 27th, 2020
- Prof still fighting school's demand to call he a 'she' - OneNewsNow - March 18th, 2020
- Patrick Peterson: Cardinals 'all in' this year and 'not done' - Cards Wire - March 18th, 2020
- Tips, links and suggestions: what are you reading this week? - The Guardian - March 18th, 2020
- What Happened to Jordan Peterson? - The New Republic - March 15th, 2020
- Inside the Treatment of Jordan Peterson - InsideHook - March 15th, 2020
- Christopher Booker: Groupthink review an uncritical history of political correctness - The Arts Desk - March 15th, 2020
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos: Jordan B ... - March 9th, 2020
- The best recent poetry review roundup - The Guardian - March 9th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson Checks into Rehab Following Wife's Cancer ... - March 9th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson Wife: The Truth About Tammy Peterson - Who - February 28th, 2020
- Podcast giant Joe Rogan coming to Tampas Amalie Arena - Tampa Bay Times - February 28th, 2020
- Is Wall Street on the Brink of Disaster? - Stock Investor - February 28th, 2020
- The Travesty of Comparing Jordan Peterson to Hitler - Merion West - February 25th, 2020
- What Douglas Murray's Book Does Well (And Where It Falters) - Merion West - February 24th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson: the One Who Helped Me When I Most Needed It - Merion West - February 20th, 2020
- 'He could've killed somebody': Victim in Boise 11-car hit-and-run crash reacts to wild video - KTVB.com - February 20th, 2020
- A Controversial Study Claimed To Explain Why Women Dont Go Into Science And Tech. It Just Got A 1,113-Word Correction. - BuzzFeed News - February 20th, 2020
- Feb. 18: The story of Bombardier could have been easily avoided. Readers react to Bombardiers fortunes, facial recognition, Jordan Peterson, plus... - February 20th, 2020
- Meet the Petersons: the controversial family plagued by ill health - Telegraph.co.uk - February 20th, 2020
- Ex-benzodiazepine user relating to Peterson says withdrawal 'hell' needs awareness - The Chronicle Journal - February 20th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson enters rehab after wife's cancer diagnosis - February 9th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson recovering from tranquilizer addiction in Russia - New York Post - February 8th, 2020
- He nearly died several times: Controversial academic Jordan Peterson seeks to recover from addiction, daughter says - Toronto Star - February 8th, 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Update on the health of Dr. Jordan B. Peterson - The Post Millennial - February 8th, 2020
- Is bragging about sex to other women 'emotional cheating'? - Stuff.co.nz - February 6th, 2020
- Filmmakers Discuss THE RISE OF JORDAN PETERSON On Tom Needham's SOUNDS OF FILM - Broadway World - February 2nd, 2020
- Bernie Broke My Heart When He Embraced Rogan's Endorsement - The Nation - February 2nd, 2020
- How Fox News Weaponizes Art + Two Other Illuminating Pieces of Criticism From Around the Web - artnet News - February 2nd, 2020
- The Masculinity Crisis - Unraveling the Threads - The Good Men Project - February 2nd, 2020
- Red flags: The enemies of bias - Asheboro Courier Tribune - January 30th, 2020
- It's Good That Joe Rogan Endorsed Bernie. Now We Have to Organize. - Jacobin magazine - January 26th, 2020
- Joe Rogans Endorsement: The Stain On Bernie Sanders That Some Voters Think Makes Him More Attractive - Forbes - January 26th, 2020
- Dame Sarah Connolly: Brexit will inhibit the lives of musicians - Palatinate - January 26th, 2020
- College professors donate to Democrats over Republicans by ratio of 95-to-1: Study - Washington Examiner - January 24th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson: Descensus ad inferos - January 13th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson and the Cult of Genius - The Good Men Project - January 13th, 2020
- Anti-Jordan Peterson professor accused of abuse of power by former colleague, students - The Post Millennial - January 13th, 2020
- 'No Safe Spaces' ignores the attacks on free speech from the right - INSIDER - January 13th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson in Rehab After 'Horrific' Withdrawal - January 10th, 2020
- Writing about Jordan Peterson for the First Time - Merion West - January 10th, 2020
- America Remains the Land of Opportunity. For Everything Else, Theres Gold. - Forbes - January 8th, 2020
- Make 2020 the year of your programming side hustle - Coffee Talk: Java, News, Stories and Opinions - TheServerSide.com - January 8th, 2020
- The End of Pseudo-Liberalism | John Waters - First Things - January 6th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson Destroys Q&A | 25 February 2019 - January 4th, 2020
- Did 2019 mark a decline in the power of the transgender mob? - Lifesite - January 4th, 2020
- Jordan Peterson - Wikipedia - January 1st, 2020
- What Jordan Peterson Gets Right And Wrong About Sacrifice ... - January 1st, 2020
- Jordan B. Peterson - January 1st, 2020
- The Rise of Jordan Peterson (2019) - Rotten Tomatoes - January 1st, 2020
- Understand Myself - What You Need to Know - January 1st, 2020
- TCW's Book of the Year: Douglas Murray's The Madness of Crowds - The Conservative Woman - January 1st, 2020
- Jordan Peterson finds an unlikely readership in China, even after censors stripped away entire sections of his book - The Globe and Mail - December 31st, 2019
- The race to replace Andrew Scheer is turning into a dog and pony show - NOW Magazine - December 31st, 2019
- #YearInReview: Here's the Ten Most-Read NewsBusters Blogs of 2019 - NewsBusters - December 31st, 2019
- Health and wellness fads 2019: What were the trends and what's to come in 2020? - Stuff.co.nz - December 31st, 2019
- Jordan B Peterson - YouTube - December 21st, 2019
- Jordan Peterson | Podcast - December 21st, 2019
- They is Merriam-Websters Word of the Year. Heres why. - Vox.com - December 18th, 2019
- Yegor Zhukov Wants to Be Russia's President One Day - The Moscow Times - December 13th, 2019
- As the Year Closes: Appreciating One's Political Opponents - Merion West - December 13th, 2019
- If You Truly Believed in Gd, What Would You Be Like? - Ricochet.com - December 13th, 2019
- Should Atheists Lament the Decline of Christianity? - Patheos - December 13th, 2019
- Top five films: Best of the big screen - Sydney Morning Herald - December 13th, 2019
- Sad Wingnut Explains Slavery Saved Souls - Wonkette - December 13th, 2019
- Christmas-themed feminist slasher movie shouldn't work, but it does - The Age - December 13th, 2019
- Michelle Malkin: 'I Am an Extremist When It Comes to Telling the Truth' - CNSNews.com - December 13th, 2019