Jun 30, 2016 at 12:58 // Price
The emergence and growth of the popularity of the alternative currency Bitcoin has led to the creation of many other cryptocurrencies based on Bitcoin Blockchain code. All these cryptocurrency have the generic name - Altcoins.
More new coins appear on the financial market often and immediately become the object of investment. To increase the investment attractiveness of altcoins in the network we receive information about the specifics of digital currencies which have more advantages than Bitcoin. For example, the possibility of producing more coins, the speed of transaction verification, and so forth. For Bitcoin developers, the development of their own innovations is more important, while other altcoins can be hardly regarded as competitive.
But investors are looking for any other possibilities to save and increase their wealth, as for them, the most important thing is the investment attractiveness of one or the other cryptocurrency. And if tomorrow the price, for example, of Litecoin will grow much faster than Bitcoin, investors will have a desire to sell Bitcoin and buy Litecoin.
In this article, we will try to uncover what criteria investors use to evaluate the investment attractiveness of altcoins. The main rule of the trader in the market is to follow the trend. If the trend is up, you need to buy, if trend is downward - you should sell. To start, we will take a look at the most popular altcoins, which are offshoot projects of Bitcoin.
This cryptocurrency was launched in 2011. Unlike Bitcoin, which has a limited number of 21 million coins, the number of Litecoins is four times higher - 84 million. Moreover, Litecoin transactions are also four times faster than Bitcoin - 2.5 minutes for Litecoin vs. 10 minutes for Bitcoin. Litecoin is characterized by high volatility and high volume on the trading market.
A relatively new exchange unit, which unlike other cryptocurrencies, can serve as a means for sharing resources using smart contracts. ETH is often called as cryptographic fuel, which is necessary for the Ethereum platform to work. Therefore, ETH generally has an interest for specialists who develop and disseminate decentralized applications.
Since the issue of ETH is limited, its price is expected to increase over time.
Peercoin is considered to be a self-cryptocurrency, which has an improved security system and a special algorithm. Payments in this cryptocurrency can be sent around the world. The mining has low expenses, as there is no need for enhanced maintenance of equipment to achieve the minimum commission for transfer payments.
The basis of this cryptocurrency algorithm was adopted from Litecoin. The number of coins in circulation can be unlimited. The DOGE price is first calculated against Bitcoin and then multiplied by the ratio of Bitcoin exchange rate against the US Dollar.
Neu is a relatively young cryptocurrency. Its launch was initiated in early 2015. Initially Neucoin was developed for the micropayment market below $1. However, in September 2015 Neucoins value reached 14 USD per 1000 Neu, which forced investors to pay attention to this altcoin. A characteristic feature of this altcoin is high volatility in the market.
To make it clear how altcoin prices change on the market, lets take a look at one of the examples. This is a graphical analysis of the Litecoin price over the past 2.5 years:
Dynamics of LTC/BTC exchange rates in June 2016
The dynamics of the price of LTC/BTC from 2014 to 1st half of 2016
The dynamics of the price of LTC and the BTC against the US Dollar from 2014 to 1st half of 2016
As you can see in the charts, the Litecoin price against the US Dollar and Bitcoin has been steadily declining. Thus, advantages of Litecoin over Bitcoin had no effect on the price increase of Litecoin. However, considering these charts it is difficult to assume a rising trend for Litecoin.
Similarly, we can try to analyze the direction of the trend of any other altcoin.
Using the review of the major altcoins we will try to identify the top-5 most important criteria when buying cryptocurrency.
1. Investment attractiveness. The rising cost of a cryptocurrency over a time interval is an important criterion when selecting an object of investment. Stable growth for 2-3 years speaks to the confidence of players in the cryptocurrency. Moreover, using collected information, the investor should be aware of the direction of the trend.
2. The cost of production of coins - a factor that consistently affects the market value of the coin.
3. The number of coins that can be mined. An unlimited number of coins in circulation have a negative impact on the growth of altcoin price. Too limited a number of coins can also scare away investors.
4. The volume of sales and the number of participants. The more activity around a certain cryptocurrency, the greater the likelihood of its price growing.
5. Appearance on the cryptocurrency exchanges and partnerships with other existing payment systems. It is important to select the exchange with higher prices, and for depositing or withdrawing funds when buying or selling cryptocurrency.
Each investor must independently determine the feasibility of buying a particular investment instrument.
This analysis and forecast are the personal opinions of the author and are not a recommendation to buy or sell cryptocurrency.
See original here:
How to Choose Which Altcoin to Invest In? - Coinidol.com
- Top Analyst Says One Altcoin Massively Undervalued, Goes ... - September 19th, 2020
- A "Tsunami" of Wealth - Investorplace.com - September 19th, 2020
- Heres why 2017 altcoin Aelf (ELF) has surged 100% in the past day - CryptoSlate - September 17th, 2020
- Uniswap Protocol Governance Token (UNI) is Live! - Product Release & Updates - Altcoin Buzz - September 17th, 2020
- Analyst Nicholas Merten Says One Altcoin Poised to Outperform Bitcoin As Crypto Markets Search for Direction - The Daily Hodl - September 17th, 2020
- Binance Coin surges by ~22%; could it be the Burger talking? - AMBCrypto English - September 17th, 2020
- Linear Finance Token (LINA) Lists on Uniswap! - Product Release & Updates - Altcoin Buzz - September 17th, 2020
- User who turned $200 in Ethereum into $250k due to altcoin bug comes clean - CryptoSlate - September 10th, 2020
- Bitcoin Crashes Below $10,000, Is The 'Altcoin & DeFi Apocalypse' Over Yet? - Bitcoin Exchange Guide - September 10th, 2020
- YFI Climbs 50% From $18K Low While The Rest Of Crypto Stagnates, But Why? - NewsBTC - September 10th, 2020
- DeFi Exit Scam Alert - $2.5M Moved - Finance and Funding - Altcoin Buzz - September 10th, 2020
- BTC and Altcoin Pay is Growing Fast, Says Crypto Payment Firm BitPay - Cryptonews - August 28th, 2020
- This Will Hold Altcoin Until It Reaches $ 100 Thousand - Somag News - August 28th, 2020
- Analyst Explains Anatomy Of An Altcoin Shakeout With BATs Vertical Rally - newsBTC - August 28th, 2020
- The altcoins are really starting to pop - Asia Times - August 26th, 2020
- But why is altcoin trading concentrated mostly in East Asia? - AMBCrypto English - August 26th, 2020
- Altcoins Look Excessively Swollen Compared to Ethereum - Somag News - August 26th, 2020
- 2017s forgotten altcoins ZRX, OMG, and BAT are booming on a DeFi promise - CryptoSlate - August 26th, 2020
- Analyst Explains Anatomy Of An Altcoin Shakeout With BATs Vertical Rally - The Coin Radar - August 26th, 2020
- Cosmos (ATOM) price surges despite most altcoins in the red - Invezz - August 26th, 2020
- Bitcoin 'maximalists' accused of 'shilling' an SEC-cleared token - Cointelegraph - August 26th, 2020
- 3 Reasons Why Ethereum Price Rallied 75% to Hit a 2-Year High at $400 - Cointelegraph - August 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin SV Price Analysis: BSV/USD takes the altcoin rally a notch higher, approaching $250 - FXStreet - August 2nd, 2020
- DataDash: Two Crypto Newcomers Will Surge Alongside Bitcoin, Ethereum and XRP in New Bull Cycle - The Daily Hodl - August 2nd, 2020
- As Altcoin Season Presses on, Whats Next for Crypto Futures? - Finance Magnates - July 31st, 2020
- Altcoin Price Analysis Bitcoin Cash, Tezos and IOTA: BCH/USD and IOT/USD look to break past key levels - FXStreet - July 31st, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Touched $11,400, Altcoin Season Over? - CryptoPotato - July 31st, 2020
- Bitcoin Struggles At $11,000: Altcoins Starting To Regain Momentum? - CryptoPotato - July 31st, 2020
- Litecoin spikes 10% to lead top altcoin gains today | CoinJournal.net - CoinJournal - July 31st, 2020
- As Bitcoin tops $11,000 level, investor interest in India on the rise - Livemint - July 31st, 2020
- Long Gold, and Long Cryptos - InvestorPlace - July 31st, 2020
- Cardano and Litecoin Lead the Altcoin Market - Somag News - July 27th, 2020
- Top Analyst Bullish on Ethereum and Five Altcoins, Says Bitcoin Wont Lead Surge in Crypto Market Cap - The Daily Hodl - July 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin Analyst Says Crypto Traders Who Ignore Two Emerging Trends Will Miss Out, Warns Altcoins Set for Pullback - The Daily Hodl - July 27th, 2020
- Ethereum 2.0 validator testnet goes live: ETH Research Team - AMBCrypto - July 27th, 2020
- Altcoin Market Update: Akropolis and Ocean Protocol are unstoppable lately thanks to DeFi bull... - Forex Crunch - July 27th, 2020
- Prominent Bitcoin Whale Predicts Mass Altcoin Extinction Ahead of Next BTC Rally - The Daily Hodl - July 5th, 2020
- PrimeXBT Comparison: Will DeFi Defy The ICO-Fueled Ethereum All-Time High? - Ethereum World News - July 4th, 2020
- These Altcoins Set a New ATH While Bitcoin And Ethereum Tank | NewsBTC - newsBTC - July 4th, 2020
- Renowned analyst predicts Bitcoin to outperform altcoins in 2021 - FXStreet - July 4th, 2020
- Ouroboros, as explained by IOHK researchers - Altcoin Buzz - July 4th, 2020
- XRP Price Can Outperform Bitcoin in the Short Term Heres Why - Cointelegraph - July 4th, 2020
- Ethereum, Chainlink and Tezos price analysis: June 28 - AMBCrypto - June 29th, 2020
- This top-30 altcoin is integrating with Chainlink (LINK) for bolstering smart contract ecosystem - CryptoSlate - June 29th, 2020
- Brutal Drop In Altcoins Anticipated as Bitcoin Dominance Projected to Surge | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 29th, 2020
- Chainlink (LINK) Near New All-Time High Heres 3 Reasons for the Rally - Cointelegraph - June 29th, 2020
- Pantera Capital: Bitcoin Set to Begin Meteoric Bull Run But Ethereum and Certain Altcoins Will Outperform BTC - The Daily Hodl - June 29th, 2020
- Most traded crypto in June 2020: are we in the altcoin season? - Capital.com - June 20th, 2020
- Top 3 Price Prediction Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple: Altcoin season just around the corner - FXStreet - June 20th, 2020
- Top Crypto Strategist Predicts Bitcoin (BTC) Will Surpass $20,000 in Just Two Months With Ethereum Leading Next Altcoin Rally - The Daily Hodl - June 17th, 2020
- Liquidations May Loom as Altcoin Bulls Hold Despite Shorts Spiking - Cointelegraph - June 13th, 2020
- Tether.io becomes second largest altcoin behind Ethereum tokens - HedgeWeek - June 13th, 2020
- ETH Miners Will Have Little Choice Once Ethereum 2.0 Launches With PoS - Cointelegraph - June 13th, 2020
- Sparks fly as developer suggests an altcoin will overtake Bitcoin in the next five years - CryptoSlate - June 9th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price To Hit $150,000; Ethereum At $9,000 In Next Bull Run, Blockfyre Founder Predicts - International Business Times - June 9th, 2020
- Despite Its Recent Controversy, This is the Latest Altcoin Ready to Moon - Bitcoin Exchange Guide - June 9th, 2020
- Why An Even Deeper Correction Is Expected For The Crypto Markets Hottest Altcoin | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 8th, 2020
- Analyst Predicts Next Bull Run Will Send Bitcoin to $150K and Ether to $9K - Cointelegraph - June 8th, 2020
- Venture Capitalist Predicts Bitcoin Boom to $150,000, Says Ethereum and Four Altcoins Will Outperform BTC - The Daily Hodl - June 8th, 2020
- Stocks aren't the only asset climbing - InvestorPlace - June 8th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency in Undeveloped Nations - Altcoin Buzz - June 8th, 2020
- Ethereum, Binance Coin, Algorand Price Analysis: 03 June - AMBCrypto English - June 8th, 2020
- Ethereum looks bullish as its fees surpassed BTC's on June 7 - CoinJournal - June 8th, 2020
- Crypto Index Analysis: Boosted by altcoin breakout - Capital.com - June 2nd, 2020
- Ethereums price rush may run out of steam - AMBCrypto English - June 2nd, 2020
- ETH showing strong signals as EOS and XRP likely to regress - CoinJournal - June 2nd, 2020
- Cardano and Ethereum Price Surge Alongside Bitcoin Will XLM Follow? - Cointelegraph - June 1st, 2020
- Ethereum Chart Makes It Clear: Altcoin Season Is Already Over | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 1st, 2020
- Max Keiser: There Isn't Anything Crypto Altcoins Do That Bitcoin Won't Do - Bitcoinist - June 1st, 2020
- Altcoins Outpace Bitcoin in Broad Crypto Rally: Cardano and Ethereum Biggest Gainers - The Daily Hodl - June 1st, 2020
- Are Altcoins Silver To Bitcoin As Gold? Unusual Correlation Discovered | NewsBTC - newsBTC - May 20th, 2020
- Polkadot: The Interoperable Blockchain Network - Altcoin Projects - Altcoin Buzz - May 20th, 2020
- Beware: this altcoins price action could be part of a pump and dump scheme - CryptoSlate - May 18th, 2020
- Is Tezos rapid progress a threat to both Bitcoin and Ethereum? - AMBCrypto English - May 18th, 2020
- XTZ Price Analysis: Bears Take a Breather on XTZ/USD As Price Swings Past $2.6, Tezos Becomes 2020 Altcoin With STO Pipeline Projects - Latest Crypto... - May 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin Cash struggles with negative pressure, while VET & LINK trend higher - AMBCrypto - May 15th, 2020
- Stellar Cryptocurrency Prints a TD9: Heres Why It Means More Upside is Likely - newsBTC - May 15th, 2020
- As Halving Nears, Ethereum (ETH) Stands More Chances Amid Altcoins - KryptoMoney - May 12th, 2020
- Heres Why Altcoins Bouncing as Bitcoin Retraced From $10K Is Bullish - Cointelegraph - May 11th, 2020
- Crypto scams are on the rise: 5 ways to avoid them - Livemint - May 11th, 2020