Beyond the cusp of the crypto markets are powerful computing devices (nodes) that maintain the integrity of the cryptocurrency network by ensuring that transactions are processed seamlessly
A masternode forms part of the governing hub of a cryptocurrency network and presents an income-earning opportunity that many in the crypto world do not even know about.
In this exclusive interview, Coinfomania gets the thoughts of Iakov Levin, regarding the masternodes investment ecosystem, and Bitcoin.
Iakov, more fondly known as Trevor, is the founder of Midas.Investments, a platform that makes it possible for anyone to invest in and earn on masternodes powering various cryptocurrency networks.
Trevor explained masternode as just an algorithm that is similar to proof-of-stake (PoS), where holders of specific cryptocurrencies receive rewards for staking them over a specified period.
However, because of our platforms like Midas, investors are not required to buy the whole masternode to make a profit from it. Instead, they can focus on precisely choosing what masternodes and altcoins they want to buy, with little attention on diversification.
Trevor noted why diversification is not a good strategy when it comes to masternode investments.
The main diversification rule does not work here because there is only around one project in 20 that can actually make money for you. There is a dream of passive income, but this dream is highly correlated with the projects you pick.
He then recommended that new investors bear in mind that while there are still a lot of projects that do not get a lot of attention, 80% of masternode projects are basically a scam.
That figure was even higher during the altcoin boom as 95% of the masternode projects were scammy, although investors could still make money on them.
The current market, however, is a little bit more favorable as only the most dedicated teams that are doing real products stayed through the bear market and have launched actual products.
Before investing in masternode, Trevor suggests digging deeper into the projects and not throwing money into every listed project.
You need to get the part of your masternode portfolio low in this current state of the market because there is no new cash flow into Bitcoin, which will result in Bitcoin growth, and there will be no spare money for altcoins, he said in the interview.
Asking questions such as what is the team doing, does there project has any meaning in the long term, and can their product onboard users, should help masternode investors analyze their portfolio carefully.
Meanwhile, a pro-tip shared by Trevor is that masternodes whose tokens do not have sufficient liquidity are most likely to fail.
For the ones with real utility, however, he predicts that if they survive to the next altcoin market (altcoin rise), launch their products, and grow their user based, then holders would receive all the rewards.
Despite having a background in development, science, and finance. Trevor noted that his first encounter with Bitcoin came in June 2017 when 1BTC was priced around $3400.
I just had earned some money and I was searching for different ways of investing. So I came up with Bitcoin and started to buy into this.
He also narrated his altcoin involvement, where it was only the markets extensive growth (not knowledge) that allowed him to get his investments back and make lots of profits.
He then moved into masternodes when the market came and was able to grow his portfolio by 15x with two months starting from Nov 2017. He then invested the proceeds in the development of the Midas platform, which we asked him about next.
We started as a shared masternode service, with Google Sheets as the platform, so there was a lot of manual work, Trevor began.
However, I just wanted to create something that I saw potential in and I came up with two groundbreaking features at that moment, the first one called instant share. The market of shared masternodes platforms before this was only starting to develop.
Among the barriers to masternode investments was that investors needed to reserve a seat, from 5% of the masternode and also send their coins to the validator of the shared platform, and then waiting for other positions to be filled.
There was no room for instant withdraw or deposits.
Midass instant share features solved this problem by rewarding investors instantly for deposits. Such immediate reward is possible as the investors are awarded a percentage of working masternodes and can also withdraw immediately, and eventually, other big masternode platforms now use the instant share mechanism.
Trevor also explained that the instant share feature represents Midas prominent monetization strategy. Before a coin is listed, the developer had to give a masternode, which Midas sales some rewards from it to help finance development and marketing.
The other feature was Reinvestment which meant that investors no longer had to withdraw all the rewards from shared platforms before reinvesting.
With Instant share, you could choose if you want to reinvest your profits, which means it adds compound interest rate on your income for the masternodes. It allows users to increase their mid-term income, the Midas founder explained.
He also highlighted that the reinvestment features It helped Midas become one of the top platforms in two or three months, and the team started to develop the platform itself instead of using Google Documents to keep all the balances straight.
Notably, Midas is now preparing to launch an exchange alongside its masternode hosting features, which made it the first and only platform that allows free masternode hosting by locking coins.
The new exchange purportedly will allow users to trade and mine coins at the same time, rather than selling their investment profits on third-party exchanges.
In the long-term, within one year, we want to move from the masternode market to the big POS coins like Cosmos, and Tezos , and those coins will be added as mineable on our platform, Trevor explained on their long-term objectives.
The team also wants to create a nice and interesting investment instrument that is not bound to only masternode PoS.
Tokens such as the Midas coin, which powers the teams investment platform reported, has enormous potential for investors with Trevor saying in the interview that Midas boasts an open team, a real product, a development plan really low market cap.
Trevor sees a correlation between masternode coins and startups and recommends investing in projects that have products.
The product should be relevant to the crypto market. If you invest in some random startup (productive app, marketplace using utility token) with a little token, it will most likely not work, he said.
Investors would also need to analyze many things in the long-term, including the team, product, and the usage of the token. However, he singled out projects such as the Celsius and Binance as some that have a real utility token because theyre related to crypto.
Another tip for choosing the right masternode coin is asking questions to the team or its representatives directly, and also investing at a time when such high potential projects are at their lows.
Trevor believes it is hard to predict how crucial masternode investments will become in the long-term, although he sees a future for already established utility tokens like Dash and Pivx.
Masternodes market will grow up in nature, not capitalization. Every rule on the altcoin market should apply to the masternode market.
He specifically recommended staying Bitcoin or masternodes (altcoins) proved by time.
Bitcoin is digital gold because it is not money as many think it is. It is the instrument of accumulation of wealth. Each time there will be some crisis in the real economy, there will be growth for Bitcoin because it doesnt belong to anyone, Trevor said.
He also highlighted the fact that Bitcoin holders know the exact amount of inflation as depicted by the upcoming halving, which will bring inflation lower. He also recommends playing with the whales as they only focus on accumulating bitcoins in the short term by influencing prices.
The main issue of crypto being popularized according to Trevor is that the average guy doesnt think about Bitcoin as money or digital gold, and must dive deep to understand its essence.
While fiat currencies are fragile and suffer from crises, inflation, government, and human mistakes, he noted that Bitcoin gains from chaos and could thus be considered anti-fragile.
On the success of the entire industry, Trevor said,
Infrastructure around Bitcoin such as altcoins will most likely die out. Projects like Ethereum will reward their investors really hard by becoming a winner and taking their part on this establishing market.
Iakov Trevor Levin Bitcoin prediction?
I would say bearish is like $20,000, like in 2023. The most bullish is like I think it can reach something like $100k-200k. In 2021, $50000 on average.
- 3 Reasons Why Ethereum Price Rallied 75% to Hit a 2-Year High at $400 - Cointelegraph - August 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin SV Price Analysis: BSV/USD takes the altcoin rally a notch higher, approaching $250 - FXStreet - August 2nd, 2020
- DataDash: Two Crypto Newcomers Will Surge Alongside Bitcoin, Ethereum and XRP in New Bull Cycle - The Daily Hodl - August 2nd, 2020
- As Altcoin Season Presses on, Whats Next for Crypto Futures? - Finance Magnates - July 31st, 2020
- Altcoin Price Analysis Bitcoin Cash, Tezos and IOTA: BCH/USD and IOT/USD look to break past key levels - FXStreet - July 31st, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Touched $11,400, Altcoin Season Over? - CryptoPotato - July 31st, 2020
- Bitcoin Struggles At $11,000: Altcoins Starting To Regain Momentum? - CryptoPotato - July 31st, 2020
- Litecoin spikes 10% to lead top altcoin gains today | CoinJournal.net - CoinJournal - July 31st, 2020
- As Bitcoin tops $11,000 level, investor interest in India on the rise - Livemint - July 31st, 2020
- Long Gold, and Long Cryptos - InvestorPlace - July 31st, 2020
- Cardano and Litecoin Lead the Altcoin Market - Somag News - July 27th, 2020
- Top Analyst Bullish on Ethereum and Five Altcoins, Says Bitcoin Wont Lead Surge in Crypto Market Cap - The Daily Hodl - July 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin Analyst Says Crypto Traders Who Ignore Two Emerging Trends Will Miss Out, Warns Altcoins Set for Pullback - The Daily Hodl - July 27th, 2020
- Ethereum 2.0 validator testnet goes live: ETH Research Team - AMBCrypto - July 27th, 2020
- Altcoin Market Update: Akropolis and Ocean Protocol are unstoppable lately thanks to DeFi bull... - Forex Crunch - July 27th, 2020
- Prominent Bitcoin Whale Predicts Mass Altcoin Extinction Ahead of Next BTC Rally - The Daily Hodl - July 5th, 2020
- PrimeXBT Comparison: Will DeFi Defy The ICO-Fueled Ethereum All-Time High? - Ethereum World News - July 4th, 2020
- These Altcoins Set a New ATH While Bitcoin And Ethereum Tank | NewsBTC - newsBTC - July 4th, 2020
- Renowned analyst predicts Bitcoin to outperform altcoins in 2021 - FXStreet - July 4th, 2020
- Ouroboros, as explained by IOHK researchers - Altcoin Buzz - July 4th, 2020
- XRP Price Can Outperform Bitcoin in the Short Term Heres Why - Cointelegraph - July 4th, 2020
- Ethereum, Chainlink and Tezos price analysis: June 28 - AMBCrypto - June 29th, 2020
- This top-30 altcoin is integrating with Chainlink (LINK) for bolstering smart contract ecosystem - CryptoSlate - June 29th, 2020
- Brutal Drop In Altcoins Anticipated as Bitcoin Dominance Projected to Surge | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 29th, 2020
- Chainlink (LINK) Near New All-Time High Heres 3 Reasons for the Rally - Cointelegraph - June 29th, 2020
- Pantera Capital: Bitcoin Set to Begin Meteoric Bull Run But Ethereum and Certain Altcoins Will Outperform BTC - The Daily Hodl - June 29th, 2020
- Most traded crypto in June 2020: are we in the altcoin season? - Capital.com - June 20th, 2020
- Top 3 Price Prediction Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple: Altcoin season just around the corner - FXStreet - June 20th, 2020
- Top Crypto Strategist Predicts Bitcoin (BTC) Will Surpass $20,000 in Just Two Months With Ethereum Leading Next Altcoin Rally - The Daily Hodl - June 17th, 2020
- Liquidations May Loom as Altcoin Bulls Hold Despite Shorts Spiking - Cointelegraph - June 13th, 2020
- Tether.io becomes second largest altcoin behind Ethereum tokens - HedgeWeek - June 13th, 2020
- ETH Miners Will Have Little Choice Once Ethereum 2.0 Launches With PoS - Cointelegraph - June 13th, 2020
- Sparks fly as developer suggests an altcoin will overtake Bitcoin in the next five years - CryptoSlate - June 9th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price To Hit $150,000; Ethereum At $9,000 In Next Bull Run, Blockfyre Founder Predicts - International Business Times - June 9th, 2020
- Despite Its Recent Controversy, This is the Latest Altcoin Ready to Moon - Bitcoin Exchange Guide - June 9th, 2020
- Why An Even Deeper Correction Is Expected For The Crypto Markets Hottest Altcoin | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 8th, 2020
- Analyst Predicts Next Bull Run Will Send Bitcoin to $150K and Ether to $9K - Cointelegraph - June 8th, 2020
- Venture Capitalist Predicts Bitcoin Boom to $150,000, Says Ethereum and Four Altcoins Will Outperform BTC - The Daily Hodl - June 8th, 2020
- Stocks aren't the only asset climbing - InvestorPlace - June 8th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency in Undeveloped Nations - Altcoin Buzz - June 8th, 2020
- Ethereum, Binance Coin, Algorand Price Analysis: 03 June - AMBCrypto English - June 8th, 2020
- Ethereum looks bullish as its fees surpassed BTC's on June 7 - CoinJournal - June 8th, 2020
- Crypto Index Analysis: Boosted by altcoin breakout - Capital.com - June 2nd, 2020
- Ethereums price rush may run out of steam - AMBCrypto English - June 2nd, 2020
- ETH showing strong signals as EOS and XRP likely to regress - CoinJournal - June 2nd, 2020
- Cardano and Ethereum Price Surge Alongside Bitcoin Will XLM Follow? - Cointelegraph - June 1st, 2020
- Ethereum Chart Makes It Clear: Altcoin Season Is Already Over | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 1st, 2020
- Max Keiser: There Isn't Anything Crypto Altcoins Do That Bitcoin Won't Do - Bitcoinist - June 1st, 2020
- Altcoins Outpace Bitcoin in Broad Crypto Rally: Cardano and Ethereum Biggest Gainers - The Daily Hodl - June 1st, 2020
- Are Altcoins Silver To Bitcoin As Gold? Unusual Correlation Discovered | NewsBTC - newsBTC - May 20th, 2020
- Polkadot: The Interoperable Blockchain Network - Altcoin Projects - Altcoin Buzz - May 20th, 2020
- Beware: this altcoins price action could be part of a pump and dump scheme - CryptoSlate - May 18th, 2020
- Is Tezos rapid progress a threat to both Bitcoin and Ethereum? - AMBCrypto English - May 18th, 2020
- XTZ Price Analysis: Bears Take a Breather on XTZ/USD As Price Swings Past $2.6, Tezos Becomes 2020 Altcoin With STO Pipeline Projects - Latest Crypto... - May 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin Cash struggles with negative pressure, while VET & LINK trend higher - AMBCrypto - May 15th, 2020
- Stellar Cryptocurrency Prints a TD9: Heres Why It Means More Upside is Likely - newsBTC - May 15th, 2020
- As Halving Nears, Ethereum (ETH) Stands More Chances Amid Altcoins - KryptoMoney - May 12th, 2020
- Heres Why Altcoins Bouncing as Bitcoin Retraced From $10K Is Bullish - Cointelegraph - May 11th, 2020
- Crypto scams are on the rise: 5 ways to avoid them - Livemint - May 11th, 2020
- Ethereum, Stellar Lumens, VET bounce back as alts resist corrections - AMBCrypto English - May 11th, 2020
- Coronavirus & Altcoins: Why are Some Crypto Assets Beating Bitcoin? - Finance Magnates - May 5th, 2020
- Binance Widget Incorporated on Brave Browser - Altcoin Buzz - May 5th, 2020
- Altcoins Face The Most Important Weekly Close in Crypto History - newsBTC - May 2nd, 2020
- Crypto Analyst: Bitcoin (BTC) Selloff Coming Heres Why Ethereum (ETH), XRP and Altcoin Market May Rise in Short Term - The Daily Hodl - May 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin Yearly Moving Average Price Closes in on All-Time High - BeInCrypto - May 2nd, 2020
- Altcoins Could Get Crushed By BTC Halving Volatility, Heres Why - newsBTC - April 29th, 2020
- XRP, XLM, and ADA Win Big as Bitcoin Speculators Turn to Altcoins - ZyCrypto - April 29th, 2020
- 7 Explosive Cryptocurrencies to Buy for the Bitcoin Halvening - Investorplace.com - April 29th, 2020
- Neo (NEO) Bulls Again Going Against The Resistance Of $9.00 With Strong Pace - The Coin Republic - April 29th, 2020
- Accurate Crypto Sell Signal Issued For Two Top Performing Altcoins - newsBTC - April 26th, 2020
- 3 Reasons Why XRP is Unlikely to Benefit From Ongoing Altcoin Surge - Bitcoinist - April 26th, 2020
- Litecoin News Today - Litecoin LTC Climbs to $42 As Altcoin Market Resumes Recovery - April 23rd, 2020 - Smartereum - April 26th, 2020
- Ethereum [ETH] Makes 95% of the Altcoin Inflows in Q1 to Grayscale Trust Fund - Coingape - April 26th, 2020
- Chainlink, Ethereum lead altcoin recovery effort as BAT stalls - AMBCrypto English - April 26th, 2020
- Dogecoin (DOGE) Price Analysis: Dogecoin Price Shows Sustainability Over $0.0020 To Avoid Break Below The ... - The Coin Republic - April 26th, 2020
- Crypto Billionaire Says One Altcoin Reminds Him of Bitcoin and Ethereums Early Days - The Daily Hodl - April 20th, 2020
- 420 Day in Crypto: Remembering the Class of Altcoins That Went Up in Smoke - Bitcoinist - April 20th, 2020
- Bitcoin Halving: Can Ripple (XRP), Litecoin and other altcoins benefit? - Crypto News Flash - April 20th, 2020
- Ethereum 2.0 Precursor Topaz Testnet Released - Product Release & Updates - Altcoin Buzz - April 20th, 2020
- Why tokens are not the same thing as Bitcoin - CoinGeek - April 20th, 2020