Beyond the cusp of the crypto markets are powerful computing devices (nodes) that maintain the integrity of the cryptocurrency network by ensuring that transactions are processed seamlessly
A masternode forms part of the governing hub of a cryptocurrency network and presents an income-earning opportunity that many in the crypto world do not even know about.
In this exclusive interview, Coinfomania gets the thoughts of Iakov Levin, regarding the masternodes investment ecosystem, and Bitcoin.
Iakov, more fondly known as Trevor, is the founder of Midas.Investments, a platform that makes it possible for anyone to invest in and earn on masternodes powering various cryptocurrency networks.
Trevor explained masternode as just an algorithm that is similar to proof-of-stake (PoS), where holders of specific cryptocurrencies receive rewards for staking them over a specified period.
However, because of our platforms like Midas, investors are not required to buy the whole masternode to make a profit from it. Instead, they can focus on precisely choosing what masternodes and altcoins they want to buy, with little attention on diversification.
Trevor noted why diversification is not a good strategy when it comes to masternode investments.
The main diversification rule does not work here because there is only around one project in 20 that can actually make money for you. There is a dream of passive income, but this dream is highly correlated with the projects you pick.
He then recommended that new investors bear in mind that while there are still a lot of projects that do not get a lot of attention, 80% of masternode projects are basically a scam.
That figure was even higher during the altcoin boom as 95% of the masternode projects were scammy, although investors could still make money on them.
The current market, however, is a little bit more favorable as only the most dedicated teams that are doing real products stayed through the bear market and have launched actual products.
Before investing in masternode, Trevor suggests digging deeper into the projects and not throwing money into every listed project.
You need to get the part of your masternode portfolio low in this current state of the market because there is no new cash flow into Bitcoin, which will result in Bitcoin growth, and there will be no spare money for altcoins, he said in the interview.
Asking questions such as what is the team doing, does there project has any meaning in the long term, and can their product onboard users, should help masternode investors analyze their portfolio carefully.
Meanwhile, a pro-tip shared by Trevor is that masternodes whose tokens do not have sufficient liquidity are most likely to fail.
For the ones with real utility, however, he predicts that if they survive to the next altcoin market (altcoin rise), launch their products, and grow their user based, then holders would receive all the rewards.
Despite having a background in development, science, and finance. Trevor noted that his first encounter with Bitcoin came in June 2017 when 1BTC was priced around $3400.
I just had earned some money and I was searching for different ways of investing. So I came up with Bitcoin and started to buy into this.
He also narrated his altcoin involvement, where it was only the markets extensive growth (not knowledge) that allowed him to get his investments back and make lots of profits.
He then moved into masternodes when the market came and was able to grow his portfolio by 15x with two months starting from Nov 2017. He then invested the proceeds in the development of the Midas platform, which we asked him about next.
We started as a shared masternode service, with Google Sheets as the platform, so there was a lot of manual work, Trevor began.
However, I just wanted to create something that I saw potential in and I came up with two groundbreaking features at that moment, the first one called instant share. The market of shared masternodes platforms before this was only starting to develop.
Among the barriers to masternode investments was that investors needed to reserve a seat, from 5% of the masternode and also send their coins to the validator of the shared platform, and then waiting for other positions to be filled.
There was no room for instant withdraw or deposits.
Midass instant share features solved this problem by rewarding investors instantly for deposits. Such immediate reward is possible as the investors are awarded a percentage of working masternodes and can also withdraw immediately, and eventually, other big masternode platforms now use the instant share mechanism.
Trevor also explained that the instant share feature represents Midas prominent monetization strategy. Before a coin is listed, the developer had to give a masternode, which Midas sales some rewards from it to help finance development and marketing.
The other feature was Reinvestment which meant that investors no longer had to withdraw all the rewards from shared platforms before reinvesting.
With Instant share, you could choose if you want to reinvest your profits, which means it adds compound interest rate on your income for the masternodes. It allows users to increase their mid-term income, the Midas founder explained.
He also highlighted that the reinvestment features It helped Midas become one of the top platforms in two or three months, and the team started to develop the platform itself instead of using Google Documents to keep all the balances straight.
Notably, Midas is now preparing to launch an exchange alongside its masternode hosting features, which made it the first and only platform that allows free masternode hosting by locking coins.
The new exchange purportedly will allow users to trade and mine coins at the same time, rather than selling their investment profits on third-party exchanges.
In the long-term, within one year, we want to move from the masternode market to the big POS coins like Cosmos, and Tezos , and those coins will be added as mineable on our platform, Trevor explained on their long-term objectives.
The team also wants to create a nice and interesting investment instrument that is not bound to only masternode PoS.
Tokens such as the Midas coin, which powers the teams investment platform reported, has enormous potential for investors with Trevor saying in the interview that Midas boasts an open team, a real product, a development plan really low market cap.
Trevor sees a correlation between masternode coins and startups and recommends investing in projects that have products.
The product should be relevant to the crypto market. If you invest in some random startup (productive app, marketplace using utility token) with a little token, it will most likely not work, he said.
Investors would also need to analyze many things in the long-term, including the team, product, and the usage of the token. However, he singled out projects such as the Celsius and Binance as some that have a real utility token because theyre related to crypto.
Another tip for choosing the right masternode coin is asking questions to the team or its representatives directly, and also investing at a time when such high potential projects are at their lows.
Trevor believes it is hard to predict how crucial masternode investments will become in the long-term, although he sees a future for already established utility tokens like Dash and Pivx.
Masternodes market will grow up in nature, not capitalization. Every rule on the altcoin market should apply to the masternode market.
He specifically recommended staying Bitcoin or masternodes (altcoins) proved by time.
Bitcoin is digital gold because it is not money as many think it is. It is the instrument of accumulation of wealth. Each time there will be some crisis in the real economy, there will be growth for Bitcoin because it doesnt belong to anyone, Trevor said.
He also highlighted the fact that Bitcoin holders know the exact amount of inflation as depicted by the upcoming halving, which will bring inflation lower. He also recommends playing with the whales as they only focus on accumulating bitcoins in the short term by influencing prices.
The main issue of crypto being popularized according to Trevor is that the average guy doesnt think about Bitcoin as money or digital gold, and must dive deep to understand its essence.
While fiat currencies are fragile and suffer from crises, inflation, government, and human mistakes, he noted that Bitcoin gains from chaos and could thus be considered anti-fragile.
On the success of the entire industry, Trevor said,
Infrastructure around Bitcoin such as altcoins will most likely die out. Projects like Ethereum will reward their investors really hard by becoming a winner and taking their part on this establishing market.
Iakov Trevor Levin Bitcoin prediction?
I would say bearish is like $20,000, like in 2023. The most bullish is like I think it can reach something like $100k-200k. In 2021, $50000 on average.
- Poll Shows Crypto Investors Expect ChainLink To Be Top Performing Altcoin in 2020 - newsBTC - January 14th, 2020
- These 4 Factors Suggest the Altcoin Crypto Market Rally is Only Just Beginning - newsBTC - January 14th, 2020
- Is This The Return Of The Altseason? Pumped Up Altcoins Leave Bitcoin In The Wind - ZyCrypto - January 14th, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Cooperative Warns Public Against Apparent Hard Fork Scam - Cointelegraph - January 14th, 2020
- South Korea: Hacked Crypto Exchange Upbit Finally Resumes ETH Deposits and Withdrawals - BTCMANAGER - January 14th, 2020
- Cobinhood is the Latest Altcoin Exchange to Shut Down - NullTX - January 12th, 2020
- Litecoin Gains 10% Against The Dollar, Is This The Start of an Altcoin Rally? - newsBTC - January 12th, 2020
- Dash Surges by Over 16% as Bitcoin Price Hovers At $8,100 - Cointelegraph - January 12th, 2020
- More Altcoin Mining to be Integrated by Mining Pools in 2020 - Report - Cryptonews - January 10th, 2020
- Ethereum, Monero hashrate mainly concentrated in Europe - AMBCrypto - January 10th, 2020
- 4 Signs the Cryptocurrency Altcoin Market May Have Finally Bottomed - Cointelegraph - January 10th, 2020
- All 4 Past Januaries Started A Different Altcoin Trend, Will January 2020 Ignite a New Altcoin Season? - CryptoPotato - January 10th, 2020
- Dead Crypto Projects Declined in 2019, Are Altcoins Reviving? - Bitcoinist - January 10th, 2020
- Stellar jumps 8% as Bitcoin taps $8,000; what will push XLM even higher? - CryptoSlate - January 10th, 2020
- Chainlink and Loopring Are Now "Partners in Crime" - Business Partnerships - Altcoin Buzz - January 10th, 2020
- Upbit Exchange to Re-Open XRP, LTC and EOS Trading - Bitcoinist - January 10th, 2020
- Altcoin Explorer: Tether, The Worlds First Successful Stablecoin - BTCMANAGER - January 10th, 2020
- Heres What Altcoins Rally Means for Where the Crypto Markets are Heading Next - newsBTC - January 5th, 2020
- Momentum Within Altcoin Market Could Spark Massive XRP Rally, But Will it Be Sustainable? - newsBTC - January 5th, 2020
- This Small-Cap Altcoin Is Quietly up Over 50% in the Last 2 Days - SludgeFeed - January 5th, 2020
- ElectraPay is Another Altcoin Payment Solution no one Really Needs - The Merkle Hash - January 5th, 2020
- Ethereum [ETH/USD] Technical Analysis: Price Remains Unmoved as Users clamor for Altcoin Revolution ... - TWJ Crypto - January 5th, 2020
- 2019: Alt-Season has comeand gone - Where is altcoin heading in 2020? - FXStreet - December 30th, 2019
- Ethereum, XRP, and BCH: Why Traders are Optimistic on Altcoin Market - newsBTC - December 30th, 2019
- Altcoin Apocalypse: Which Crypto Assets Will Survive Another Year - newsBTC - December 30th, 2019
- XRP, Bitcoin are the most bought coins on Coinbase - AMBCrypto - December 30th, 2019
- Heres Why XRP Price Could Soon Burst 60% Higher - Ethereum World News - December 30th, 2019
- 2019 in review: Which altcoins performed the best vs Bitcoin? - Coin Rivet - December 27th, 2019
- Privacy-Focused and Privacy Centric Blockchains - Altcoin Buzz - December 27th, 2019
- NULS Hacked. $480 Worth of NULS Token Stolen - Cryptocurrency Regulation - Altcoin Buzz - December 27th, 2019
- 2019 in review: Which altcoins performed the best vs Bitcoin? - Yahoo Finance - December 24th, 2019
- Altcoins bubble on the way, crypto market cap may reach $11 trillion by 2023 - FXStreet - December 24th, 2019
- Litecoin price prediction 2020: can it become the best-performing altcoin of the coming decade? - Capital.com - December 24th, 2019
- 2019: The Year in Altcoins, and the Year Ahead - Finance Magnates - December 24th, 2019
- XRP is Down 95% from Its 2018 Peak; Whats Next for the Embattled Crypto? - newsBTC - December 22nd, 2019
- BitGo Will Comply with FATF - Cryptocurrency Regulation - Altcoin Buzz - December 22nd, 2019
- Why Have Altcoins Slumped Back to Crypto Winter Levels? - newsBTC - December 21st, 2019
- Bitcoin Price Diary: Long BTC From $6.5K and Back in Altcoin Positions - Cointelegraph - December 21st, 2019
- LTC, XTZ, TRX, and XLM Crypto Price Prediction: Will Altcoins Test Key Resistance Levels? - U.Today - December 21st, 2019
- Can Ethereum (ETH) And Other Altcoins Still See A Rise In Dominance? - Crypto Daily - December 21st, 2019
- Orchid Launches on Coinbase and Sees 200%+ Gain - Altcoin Buzz - December 21st, 2019
- Ripple Raises $200M, Calls 2019 Its Strongest Year of Growth - Cointelegraph - December 21st, 2019
- Pionex and Dash are Now Partners - Business Partnerships - Altcoin Buzz - December 21st, 2019
- Ether Price Targets $160 as Altcoins Rally and BTC Trades Sideways - Cointelegraph - December 13th, 2019
- Ether Eyes $160 As BTC Oscillates And Altcoins Rally - - CryptoVibes - December 13th, 2019
- Whats the outlook for Litecoin in 2020? - Coin Rivet - December 13th, 2019
- Ethereum Classic is the Top Altcoin in Daily Active Addresses, Heres Why - Coingape - December 13th, 2019
- Nike Shoes and Ethereum? Why Not - Altcoin Buzz - December 13th, 2019
- Top 3 price prediction Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple: Altcoin auto-MATIC carnage - FXStreet - December 11th, 2019
- Altcoin Meltdown Intensifies as Tezos, Ravencoin, VeChain Take the Plunge - CCN.com - December 11th, 2019
- Altcoins: Could This Be the End of Tokens? - CoinCodex - December 11th, 2019
- Latest Litecoin price and analysis (LTC to USD) - Coin Rivet - December 11th, 2019
- Bitrefill and Bitfinex Are Now "Partners in Crime" - Business Partnerships - Altcoin Buzz - December 6th, 2019
- Altcoin apocalypse XRP, Bitcoin Cash and ZEC over 90% removed from ATH - Born2Invest - December 5th, 2019
- Which Major Altcoins Will Still Be Top Ranking Long Term? A Historical Review of the Altcoin Market's Past Perhaps Provides Clues Crypto.IQ | Bitcoin... - December 4th, 2019
- XRP Added to Japanese Altcoin Market by BitFlyer - The Coin Republic - December 4th, 2019
- The Worst Is Yet To Come For Altcoin Market Cap - newsBTC - December 2nd, 2019
- Altcoin Apocalypse: The Number of Dying Crypto Currencies Is Rising - newsBTC - December 2nd, 2019
- Altcoin Dominance Steadily Increases While Bitcoin Takes a Dive - BeInCrypto - December 2nd, 2019
- How to Beat Bitcoin With Altcoins (Using the BMJ Crypto Portfolio Optimization Tool) - Bitcoin Market Journal - December 2nd, 2019
- Massively Successful: That is What Electroneum Wants To Be - Spotlight - Altcoin Buzz - November 23rd, 2019
- Google a Threat to Bitcoin? Community Disagrees - Finance and Funding - Altcoin Buzz - November 23rd, 2019
- Heres How Much of Each Major Altcoin Is Owned by Whales - BeInCrypto - November 21st, 2019
- Altcoin Volatility Rising, But Alt Season Wont Arrive Until Bitcoin Volume Returns - newsBTC - November 21st, 2019
- What will it take for a Litecoin bull run in 2020? - Yahoo Finance - November 21st, 2019
- Crypto Analyst: Ethereum, XRP and Altcoins Poised for Major Rally As Bitcoin (BTC) Dominance Drops - The Daily Hodl - November 18th, 2019
- Bye-Bye Bitcoin? Why the Altcoin Bottom is In - newsBTC - November 18th, 2019
- Proof of Stake Creator: Bitcoin Unlikely to Dominate Altcoins in Long Run - Ethereum World News - November 18th, 2019
- Best Bitcoin/Altcoin Wallets For iPhone [2019 Edition] - October 1st, 2019
- Crypto Conundrum: Bullish Bitcoin Price Action Halts Altcoin ... - April 24th, 2019
- Altcoin Season 2019 Thrives: Everex (EVX) Leading Binance ... - April 21st, 2019
- What is an Altcoin? - CCN - February 9th, 2019
- Altcoin Trader South Africa - ice3x Altcoin Exchange ... - February 2nd, 2019
- Altcointrader.co.za Review - Altcoin Trader, Login ... - January 27th, 2019
- Bitcoin History Part 5: A Wild Altcoin Appears - Bitcoin News - January 9th, 2019
- Latest News on Altcoin | Altcoin Breaking News | DC Forecasts - January 9th, 2019
- Altcoin Daily Preview: Tron (TRX) Could Bounce back ... - January 9th, 2019
- Most promising Altcoins and ... - Captain Altcoin - January 8th, 2019
- Altcoin - Investopedia - December 12th, 2018
- GoChain (GO): Here's Why This Altcoin Might $GO All The ... - November 10th, 2018