Gold sets a new all-time-high why its gains will keep coming bitcoin and altcoins are also poised to jump get some of your wealth outside the dollar
Last night, gold exploded through its prior all-time high of $1,920.
The precious metal reached as high as $1,944 before slightly pulling back.
As I write, its trading at $1,938.
About three weeks ago, we wrote the following in theDigest:
within the next three months, (gold) will set a new all-time high.
the media will be filled with headlines about the new record the start of a new, gold bull market various gold mining stocks enjoying double- and triple-digit gains
As the broader population slowly becomes aware of all this, well see a new host of investors piling into gold
this flood of new dollars will drive prices higher. Higher prices will attract more investors. More investors will drive the price higher the trend will surge
With that in mind, note the current headlines:
***We believe that, while remarkable, $1,920 is just a milestone within a far bigger move for gold
Thats because the fundamental reasons why the precious metal is climbing arent due to short-term, quick-fix issues. Golds gains are rooted in the precarious reality of todays global macroeconomic situation.
A quick glance around our world reveals a pandemic thats not going away persistent unemployment massive sovereign debt (which is growing) social unrest and an avalanche of newly printed fiat currency.
Consider whats happened since our most recentDigestthat focused on gold from a few weeks ago.
One, European leaders just agreed to create a 750 billion EUR ($858 billion) recovery fund to support the EU economies that have been hobbled by the coronavirus crisis. The European Commission is going to borrow this money so, more debt.
Two, here in the U.S., the CARES 2 Act appears right around the corner with another check coming to qualifying Americans.
CARES 2 will likely be another $1 trillion+ package, so fire up the Feds printing press again. And prepare for our national debt-to-GDP ratio to climb to even more stratospheric, record levels.
Three, the U.S. dollar continues weakening.
After spiking in the panic of the March market-lows, the Dollar has been falling hard. In recent days, its flat-out fallen off a cliff, as you can see below
Top to bottom from the spike in March, thats about a 9% drop in just four months.
Four, the CARES Act temporary moratorium on evictions, which protected some 12.3 million rental units nationwide, officially ended this past Friday.
Data from the U.S. Census Bureau found that nearly one in five renters roughly 14 million renters either didnt pay the rent last month or delayed their payment. Landlords can now begin to take action.
Yes, some renters are covered by a patchwork of state and local eviction bans that dont end until this fall. But in general, unless our officials extend the national moratorium in the next relief package, this could end in a wave of evictions with ripple effects extending throughout the broader economy.
Of course, if the moratorium is extended, the problem doesnt disappear, it simply shifts the economic pain to a different group.
Instead of renters, landlords without deep pockets will face a cash-flow problem, which puts them at risk of defaulting to their banks and lenders. If banks are left footing the bill, we can expect losses and stricter tightening of lending requirements that will hamper economic growth even more.
Bottom line, someone has to pay the bill. And if the government eventually has to swoop in to absorb all these rental payment losses, that means the taxpayer is booting that bill.
Five, and also from the economic arena, Markits U.S. preliminary composite purchasing managers index data for July was weaker than expected. The numbers are adding to the growing concern that our economic growth is stalling as our nation struggles to reopen.
Six, the U.S. ordered China to close its Houston consulate, citing Chinese efforts to steal U.S. trade secrets. In response, China has ordered the U.S. to close its Chengdu consulate. This is a new escalation in the rapidly deteriorating relationship between the superpowers.
Put it all together more sovereign debt, more fiat currency creation, more Dollar weakness, more economic pain, more geopolitical tension
While all terrible, its also highly bullish for gold.
***Its not just gold that will benefit bitcoin and altcoins are poised to climb as well
Shortly after its late-March low, bitcoin rallied alongside stocks until May.
Since then, it had been trading sideways, establishing a base. It also began trading in a tighter pattern.
But in that last few days, bitcoin has exploded out of its recent compressed trendlines. Its now back above $10,000.
Well show you this in the chart below.
But I would also draw your attention to the bottom pane beneath bitcoins market price. The pane features the readings of an indicator called Average True Range (ATR).
ATR is a volatility indicator. It shows how much an asset or security is moving up and down in a given time frame.
Higher ATR readings are higher volatility readings, and vice versa.
Well add commentary on the ATR below. For now, just note bitcoins price action breaking through its recent trend lines, as well as the level and curve of the ATR.
As you can see, bitcoins ATR has been trending lower and lower and lower. But in recent days, its stopped its decline and taken a sharp upward turn as bitcoins price pierced its upper trend line.
A study of market history shows that assets often make strong moves after going through periods of compressed price action and compressed volatility.
The reversal in the ATR coming from such low levels, alongside bitcoins explosion above $10,000, is another reason why we believe a larger price-breakout may have just started.
***While we expect gains for bitcoin, we anticipate even bigger moves from elite altcoins such as those held in Matt McCallsUltimate Cryptoportfolio
For context, Matt introduced his crypto service with his first altcoin recommendations back on January 7th. Since then, bitcoin has tacked on 33% as you can see below.
Meanwhile, whats the average gain of Matts 11 altcoin recommendations over the same period?
Again, thats theaveragegain.
As I write Monday morning, Im seeing individualaltcoin gains of 180%, 225%, and 272%.
***At the end of the day, the long-term case for gold and cryptocurrencies reduces to one thing getting some of your wealth outside the U.S. Dollar
While theres still a tug-of-war today between deflationary and inflationary forces, in the longer-term its hard to see how the trillions of dollars of new fiat currency creation wont result in significant inflation.
For savers with a large portion of their wealth in the dollar, this could be disastrous.
While we believe gold and elite cryptos are two of your best preventatives against such an inflation-disaster, they arent your only options.
You could invest in real estate or collectibles or a storage-units or fine art and yes, even stocks.
The reality is that companies with the ability to increase the price of their goods and services to match inflation rates will be better able to protect your wealth that plain ole dollars.
Bottom line move some of your wealth outside the Dollar to an asset that will retain value regardless of what happens with the Dollar itself.
As we wrap up, todays macroeconomic environment points toward a simple takeaway long gold, and long cryptos.
Have a good evening,
Read the original:
Long Gold, and Long Cryptos - InvestorPlace
- Top Analyst Says One Altcoin Massively Undervalued, Goes ... - September 19th, 2020
- A "Tsunami" of Wealth - Investorplace.com - September 19th, 2020
- Heres why 2017 altcoin Aelf (ELF) has surged 100% in the past day - CryptoSlate - September 17th, 2020
- Uniswap Protocol Governance Token (UNI) is Live! - Product Release & Updates - Altcoin Buzz - September 17th, 2020
- Analyst Nicholas Merten Says One Altcoin Poised to Outperform Bitcoin As Crypto Markets Search for Direction - The Daily Hodl - September 17th, 2020
- Binance Coin surges by ~22%; could it be the Burger talking? - AMBCrypto English - September 17th, 2020
- Linear Finance Token (LINA) Lists on Uniswap! - Product Release & Updates - Altcoin Buzz - September 17th, 2020
- User who turned $200 in Ethereum into $250k due to altcoin bug comes clean - CryptoSlate - September 10th, 2020
- Bitcoin Crashes Below $10,000, Is The 'Altcoin & DeFi Apocalypse' Over Yet? - Bitcoin Exchange Guide - September 10th, 2020
- YFI Climbs 50% From $18K Low While The Rest Of Crypto Stagnates, But Why? - NewsBTC - September 10th, 2020
- DeFi Exit Scam Alert - $2.5M Moved - Finance and Funding - Altcoin Buzz - September 10th, 2020
- BTC and Altcoin Pay is Growing Fast, Says Crypto Payment Firm BitPay - Cryptonews - August 28th, 2020
- This Will Hold Altcoin Until It Reaches $ 100 Thousand - Somag News - August 28th, 2020
- Analyst Explains Anatomy Of An Altcoin Shakeout With BATs Vertical Rally - newsBTC - August 28th, 2020
- The altcoins are really starting to pop - Asia Times - August 26th, 2020
- But why is altcoin trading concentrated mostly in East Asia? - AMBCrypto English - August 26th, 2020
- Altcoins Look Excessively Swollen Compared to Ethereum - Somag News - August 26th, 2020
- 2017s forgotten altcoins ZRX, OMG, and BAT are booming on a DeFi promise - CryptoSlate - August 26th, 2020
- Analyst Explains Anatomy Of An Altcoin Shakeout With BATs Vertical Rally - The Coin Radar - August 26th, 2020
- Cosmos (ATOM) price surges despite most altcoins in the red - Invezz - August 26th, 2020
- Bitcoin 'maximalists' accused of 'shilling' an SEC-cleared token - Cointelegraph - August 26th, 2020
- 3 Reasons Why Ethereum Price Rallied 75% to Hit a 2-Year High at $400 - Cointelegraph - August 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin SV Price Analysis: BSV/USD takes the altcoin rally a notch higher, approaching $250 - FXStreet - August 2nd, 2020
- DataDash: Two Crypto Newcomers Will Surge Alongside Bitcoin, Ethereum and XRP in New Bull Cycle - The Daily Hodl - August 2nd, 2020
- As Altcoin Season Presses on, Whats Next for Crypto Futures? - Finance Magnates - July 31st, 2020
- Altcoin Price Analysis Bitcoin Cash, Tezos and IOTA: BCH/USD and IOT/USD look to break past key levels - FXStreet - July 31st, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Touched $11,400, Altcoin Season Over? - CryptoPotato - July 31st, 2020
- Bitcoin Struggles At $11,000: Altcoins Starting To Regain Momentum? - CryptoPotato - July 31st, 2020
- Litecoin spikes 10% to lead top altcoin gains today | CoinJournal.net - CoinJournal - July 31st, 2020
- As Bitcoin tops $11,000 level, investor interest in India on the rise - Livemint - July 31st, 2020
- Cardano and Litecoin Lead the Altcoin Market - Somag News - July 27th, 2020
- Top Analyst Bullish on Ethereum and Five Altcoins, Says Bitcoin Wont Lead Surge in Crypto Market Cap - The Daily Hodl - July 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin Analyst Says Crypto Traders Who Ignore Two Emerging Trends Will Miss Out, Warns Altcoins Set for Pullback - The Daily Hodl - July 27th, 2020
- Ethereum 2.0 validator testnet goes live: ETH Research Team - AMBCrypto - July 27th, 2020
- Altcoin Market Update: Akropolis and Ocean Protocol are unstoppable lately thanks to DeFi bull... - Forex Crunch - July 27th, 2020
- Prominent Bitcoin Whale Predicts Mass Altcoin Extinction Ahead of Next BTC Rally - The Daily Hodl - July 5th, 2020
- PrimeXBT Comparison: Will DeFi Defy The ICO-Fueled Ethereum All-Time High? - Ethereum World News - July 4th, 2020
- These Altcoins Set a New ATH While Bitcoin And Ethereum Tank | NewsBTC - newsBTC - July 4th, 2020
- Renowned analyst predicts Bitcoin to outperform altcoins in 2021 - FXStreet - July 4th, 2020
- Ouroboros, as explained by IOHK researchers - Altcoin Buzz - July 4th, 2020
- XRP Price Can Outperform Bitcoin in the Short Term Heres Why - Cointelegraph - July 4th, 2020
- Ethereum, Chainlink and Tezos price analysis: June 28 - AMBCrypto - June 29th, 2020
- This top-30 altcoin is integrating with Chainlink (LINK) for bolstering smart contract ecosystem - CryptoSlate - June 29th, 2020
- Brutal Drop In Altcoins Anticipated as Bitcoin Dominance Projected to Surge | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 29th, 2020
- Chainlink (LINK) Near New All-Time High Heres 3 Reasons for the Rally - Cointelegraph - June 29th, 2020
- Pantera Capital: Bitcoin Set to Begin Meteoric Bull Run But Ethereum and Certain Altcoins Will Outperform BTC - The Daily Hodl - June 29th, 2020
- Most traded crypto in June 2020: are we in the altcoin season? - Capital.com - June 20th, 2020
- Top 3 Price Prediction Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple: Altcoin season just around the corner - FXStreet - June 20th, 2020
- Top Crypto Strategist Predicts Bitcoin (BTC) Will Surpass $20,000 in Just Two Months With Ethereum Leading Next Altcoin Rally - The Daily Hodl - June 17th, 2020
- Liquidations May Loom as Altcoin Bulls Hold Despite Shorts Spiking - Cointelegraph - June 13th, 2020
- Tether.io becomes second largest altcoin behind Ethereum tokens - HedgeWeek - June 13th, 2020
- ETH Miners Will Have Little Choice Once Ethereum 2.0 Launches With PoS - Cointelegraph - June 13th, 2020
- Sparks fly as developer suggests an altcoin will overtake Bitcoin in the next five years - CryptoSlate - June 9th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price To Hit $150,000; Ethereum At $9,000 In Next Bull Run, Blockfyre Founder Predicts - International Business Times - June 9th, 2020
- Despite Its Recent Controversy, This is the Latest Altcoin Ready to Moon - Bitcoin Exchange Guide - June 9th, 2020
- Why An Even Deeper Correction Is Expected For The Crypto Markets Hottest Altcoin | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 8th, 2020
- Analyst Predicts Next Bull Run Will Send Bitcoin to $150K and Ether to $9K - Cointelegraph - June 8th, 2020
- Venture Capitalist Predicts Bitcoin Boom to $150,000, Says Ethereum and Four Altcoins Will Outperform BTC - The Daily Hodl - June 8th, 2020
- Stocks aren't the only asset climbing - InvestorPlace - June 8th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency in Undeveloped Nations - Altcoin Buzz - June 8th, 2020
- Ethereum, Binance Coin, Algorand Price Analysis: 03 June - AMBCrypto English - June 8th, 2020
- Ethereum looks bullish as its fees surpassed BTC's on June 7 - CoinJournal - June 8th, 2020
- Crypto Index Analysis: Boosted by altcoin breakout - Capital.com - June 2nd, 2020
- Ethereums price rush may run out of steam - AMBCrypto English - June 2nd, 2020
- ETH showing strong signals as EOS and XRP likely to regress - CoinJournal - June 2nd, 2020
- Cardano and Ethereum Price Surge Alongside Bitcoin Will XLM Follow? - Cointelegraph - June 1st, 2020
- Ethereum Chart Makes It Clear: Altcoin Season Is Already Over | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 1st, 2020
- Max Keiser: There Isn't Anything Crypto Altcoins Do That Bitcoin Won't Do - Bitcoinist - June 1st, 2020
- Altcoins Outpace Bitcoin in Broad Crypto Rally: Cardano and Ethereum Biggest Gainers - The Daily Hodl - June 1st, 2020
- Are Altcoins Silver To Bitcoin As Gold? Unusual Correlation Discovered | NewsBTC - newsBTC - May 20th, 2020
- Polkadot: The Interoperable Blockchain Network - Altcoin Projects - Altcoin Buzz - May 20th, 2020
- Beware: this altcoins price action could be part of a pump and dump scheme - CryptoSlate - May 18th, 2020
- Is Tezos rapid progress a threat to both Bitcoin and Ethereum? - AMBCrypto English - May 18th, 2020
- XTZ Price Analysis: Bears Take a Breather on XTZ/USD As Price Swings Past $2.6, Tezos Becomes 2020 Altcoin With STO Pipeline Projects - Latest Crypto... - May 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin Cash struggles with negative pressure, while VET & LINK trend higher - AMBCrypto - May 15th, 2020
- Stellar Cryptocurrency Prints a TD9: Heres Why It Means More Upside is Likely - newsBTC - May 15th, 2020
- As Halving Nears, Ethereum (ETH) Stands More Chances Amid Altcoins - KryptoMoney - May 12th, 2020
- Heres Why Altcoins Bouncing as Bitcoin Retraced From $10K Is Bullish - Cointelegraph - May 11th, 2020
- Crypto scams are on the rise: 5 ways to avoid them - Livemint - May 11th, 2020
- Ethereum, Stellar Lumens, VET bounce back as alts resist corrections - AMBCrypto English - May 11th, 2020