While the market surges, remember that elite altcoins offer the possibility of gains that are multiples greater than that of the average S&P stock
Stock markets exploded higher on Friday in the wake of a jaw-dropping jobs report.
It was expected that the economy would have shed 8.3 million jobs in May. Instead, employersadded2.5 million jobs.
Wall Street erupted on the news, with the Dow climbing more than 1,000 points (intraday) for the first time since early April.
As I write Monday morning, the party is continuing, with the Dow up another 240 points.
Now, though all eyes are on stocks at the moment, lets not forget another asset class that has been climbing in recent weeks even better, this asset has the potential to produce returns that are multiples greater than those of the broad stock market over the coming years.
Today, lets check in on the state of the crypto universe.
Specifically, lets see why our crypto specialist, Matt McCall, is expecting bitcoin is climb 10X by the end of 2021.
And if you think thats exciting, he believes select, elite altcoins will do even better.
Lets jump into the details.
***10X growth over the next 18 months
It was back in 2014 that Matt first gave his official cryptocurrency recommendation.
While appearing on theFox Businessnetwork, Matt was among a panel of analysts discussing something called bitcoin.
Matts take was short and to-the-point:
Bitcoin is there for the taking Ive become a believer.
On that day, July 1, 2014, an investor acting on Matts bullishness would have paid about $641 for a bitcoin. By the peak of the mania on December 17, 2017, that price had surged to $20,089, according to Coinmarketcap.com.
Thats a gain of about 3,035% in just 41 months.
Now, with this kind of monster gain in the rearview mirror, you might think that the best is behind us.
Not according to Matt.
From his recent update to subscribers:
My own view on bitcoin and cryptocurrencies has evolved over the last six years Im more bullish than ever!
I absolutely believe bitcoin could reach $100,000 a gain of more than 10X from current prices. It could happen pretty quickly, too by the end of 2021.
Jaws still drop when I say bitcoin is on track to hit that price. Some folks probably even think Im crazy.
But history and our research show a very high probability of a huge rally in the coming months.
Matt goes on to explain this potential gain ties to supply and demand. You see, only 21 million bitcoins will ever be created. Right now, about 18.5 million have been mined. What you may not know is that the remaining 2.5 million coins arent expected to be completely mined for another 120 years.
In other words, bitcoin is a scarce asset. Unlike fiat currency, it cant be created out of thin air. This fixed-supply nature has profound implications for its future price.
Back to Matt:
Demand for bitcoin should stay steady and even increase while the new supply shrinks. This is the perfect recipe for a supply shock, which weve seen before when prices soared in the 12 to 18 months following the first two halvenings.
A quick aside for any readers less familiar with a halvening. This refers to an event specific to bitcoin, in which the reward to bitcoin miners for unearthing new bitcoin is cut in half. There have been three halvenings in bitcoins history so far, the most recent of which happened last month. Major surges in bitcoins price surrounded the first two halvenings.
Back to Matt:
After the first halvening in November 2012, bitcoins price rose 2,135%. The second halvening in 2016 saw bitcoin shootup 3,122% in 18 months
All indications are it will happen again now after the third halvening.
***Matt isnt the only analyst expecting bitcoin at $100,000
In his update, Matt then highlighted a metric called stock-to-flow, made popular by a crypto analyst known as PlanB. It measures the ratio of the current bitcoin supply to the flow of new coins.
Bitcoins stock-to-flow ratio is 50, which means it would take 50 years at the current production rate to equal the current supply, or stock.
Back to Matt:
Per PlanBs recently released chart below, bitcoins historic price has historically tracked its stock-to-flow ratio. Its doing that right now. As you can see, the white line (stock-to-flow) is close to the price, represented by the dots.
If the pattern holds through the year, we would see the price meet the stock-to-flow line again at drum roll please $100,000! Seems to me Ive heard that somewhere before.
Whats interesting to me as you look at this chart is that bitcoins big gains typically arent smooth and even. There appears to be periods of steep growth, followed by periods of flat consolidation.
This type of market action rewards those who have their money invested but can be challenging for investors waiting for the price to begin gaining steam before putting money to work.
***Crypto investors should look beyond just bitcoin
While Matt is bullish on bitcoin, hes even more excited about select altcoins.
Altcoins are simply alternative cryptocurrencies beyond bitcoin.
They can be gimmicky me too products which are just trying to capitalize on investor interest in the space, or they can provide a unique twist on the crypto/blockchain/financial world that makes them truly unique and valuable.
The challenge is understanding which coins fall into which groups.
Back to Matt:
This is not a rising tide that lifts all boats, so choosing the best positioned altcoins is critical. To help us identify the strongest altcoins, my research team and I created the MAG System.
Our comprehensive system researches and analyzes 10 critical attributes of every altcoin (similar to how wed analyze the fundamentals of a stock), scores them on each, and then produces an overall ranking.
The MAG system is doing its job
As I write, Matt holds 11 altcoins in hisUltimate Cryptoportfolio. As of this past Friday, they are all showing gains. Two coins are up 110%+. Seven out of the 11 are up double-digits or more. Best of all, the collective return of the portfolio of altcoins is 39%.
Let me add to that, the portfolio has only existed since January 7th. Over the same period, bitcoin has climbed just 26%.
***Looking at the potential returns of elite altcoins in the wake of this third halvening, Matt points toward what two altcoins did following earlier halvenings
Back to Matt:
After the first one, investors inPrimecoinsaw their investment soar 3,708% from July to November 2013.
After the second halvening, an altcoin calledVergeshot up an unbelievable1,362,400%!In just one year, that would have turned $5,000 into a mind-blowing $68 million.
Of course, one of the benefits of altcoin investing is you dont have to throw $5,000 at a coin. The potential returns are so massive that even modest investments can produce life-changing gains.
For example, though Matt used $5,000 in his Verge example above, note that even a $500 investment would have generated $6.8 million.
This is the potential offered by elite altcoins.
Heres Matt for the final word:
Altcoins like the ones Ive handpicked for my Ultimate Crypto service are outperforming bitcoin and easily beating the stock market
I can tell you from looking at the system day in and day out thatthere is no better time to be invested in altcoins. Its still early enough to take advantage of the halvening and capture the big gains, but that window wont stay open for long.
Have a good evening,
- Prominent Bitcoin Whale Predicts Mass Altcoin Extinction Ahead of Next BTC Rally - The Daily Hodl - July 5th, 2020
- PrimeXBT Comparison: Will DeFi Defy The ICO-Fueled Ethereum All-Time High? - Ethereum World News - July 4th, 2020
- These Altcoins Set a New ATH While Bitcoin And Ethereum Tank | NewsBTC - newsBTC - July 4th, 2020
- Renowned analyst predicts Bitcoin to outperform altcoins in 2021 - FXStreet - July 4th, 2020
- Ouroboros, as explained by IOHK researchers - Altcoin Buzz - July 4th, 2020
- XRP Price Can Outperform Bitcoin in the Short Term Heres Why - Cointelegraph - July 4th, 2020
- Ethereum, Chainlink and Tezos price analysis: June 28 - AMBCrypto - June 29th, 2020
- This top-30 altcoin is integrating with Chainlink (LINK) for bolstering smart contract ecosystem - CryptoSlate - June 29th, 2020
- Brutal Drop In Altcoins Anticipated as Bitcoin Dominance Projected to Surge | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 29th, 2020
- Chainlink (LINK) Near New All-Time High Heres 3 Reasons for the Rally - Cointelegraph - June 29th, 2020
- Pantera Capital: Bitcoin Set to Begin Meteoric Bull Run But Ethereum and Certain Altcoins Will Outperform BTC - The Daily Hodl - June 29th, 2020
- Most traded crypto in June 2020: are we in the altcoin season? - Capital.com - June 20th, 2020
- Top 3 Price Prediction Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple: Altcoin season just around the corner - FXStreet - June 20th, 2020
- Top Crypto Strategist Predicts Bitcoin (BTC) Will Surpass $20,000 in Just Two Months With Ethereum Leading Next Altcoin Rally - The Daily Hodl - June 17th, 2020
- Liquidations May Loom as Altcoin Bulls Hold Despite Shorts Spiking - Cointelegraph - June 13th, 2020
- Tether.io becomes second largest altcoin behind Ethereum tokens - HedgeWeek - June 13th, 2020
- ETH Miners Will Have Little Choice Once Ethereum 2.0 Launches With PoS - Cointelegraph - June 13th, 2020
- Sparks fly as developer suggests an altcoin will overtake Bitcoin in the next five years - CryptoSlate - June 9th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price To Hit $150,000; Ethereum At $9,000 In Next Bull Run, Blockfyre Founder Predicts - International Business Times - June 9th, 2020
- Despite Its Recent Controversy, This is the Latest Altcoin Ready to Moon - Bitcoin Exchange Guide - June 9th, 2020
- Why An Even Deeper Correction Is Expected For The Crypto Markets Hottest Altcoin | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 8th, 2020
- Analyst Predicts Next Bull Run Will Send Bitcoin to $150K and Ether to $9K - Cointelegraph - June 8th, 2020
- Venture Capitalist Predicts Bitcoin Boom to $150,000, Says Ethereum and Four Altcoins Will Outperform BTC - The Daily Hodl - June 8th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency in Undeveloped Nations - Altcoin Buzz - June 8th, 2020
- Ethereum, Binance Coin, Algorand Price Analysis: 03 June - AMBCrypto English - June 8th, 2020
- Ethereum looks bullish as its fees surpassed BTC's on June 7 - CoinJournal - June 8th, 2020
- Crypto Index Analysis: Boosted by altcoin breakout - Capital.com - June 2nd, 2020
- Ethereums price rush may run out of steam - AMBCrypto English - June 2nd, 2020
- ETH showing strong signals as EOS and XRP likely to regress - CoinJournal - June 2nd, 2020
- Cardano and Ethereum Price Surge Alongside Bitcoin Will XLM Follow? - Cointelegraph - June 1st, 2020
- Ethereum Chart Makes It Clear: Altcoin Season Is Already Over | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 1st, 2020
- Max Keiser: There Isn't Anything Crypto Altcoins Do That Bitcoin Won't Do - Bitcoinist - June 1st, 2020
- Altcoins Outpace Bitcoin in Broad Crypto Rally: Cardano and Ethereum Biggest Gainers - The Daily Hodl - June 1st, 2020
- Are Altcoins Silver To Bitcoin As Gold? Unusual Correlation Discovered | NewsBTC - newsBTC - May 20th, 2020
- Polkadot: The Interoperable Blockchain Network - Altcoin Projects - Altcoin Buzz - May 20th, 2020
- Beware: this altcoins price action could be part of a pump and dump scheme - CryptoSlate - May 18th, 2020
- Is Tezos rapid progress a threat to both Bitcoin and Ethereum? - AMBCrypto English - May 18th, 2020
- XTZ Price Analysis: Bears Take a Breather on XTZ/USD As Price Swings Past $2.6, Tezos Becomes 2020 Altcoin With STO Pipeline Projects - Latest Crypto... - May 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin Cash struggles with negative pressure, while VET & LINK trend higher - AMBCrypto - May 15th, 2020
- Stellar Cryptocurrency Prints a TD9: Heres Why It Means More Upside is Likely - newsBTC - May 15th, 2020
- As Halving Nears, Ethereum (ETH) Stands More Chances Amid Altcoins - KryptoMoney - May 12th, 2020
- Heres Why Altcoins Bouncing as Bitcoin Retraced From $10K Is Bullish - Cointelegraph - May 11th, 2020
- Crypto scams are on the rise: 5 ways to avoid them - Livemint - May 11th, 2020
- Ethereum, Stellar Lumens, VET bounce back as alts resist corrections - AMBCrypto English - May 11th, 2020
- Coronavirus & Altcoins: Why are Some Crypto Assets Beating Bitcoin? - Finance Magnates - May 5th, 2020
- Binance Widget Incorporated on Brave Browser - Altcoin Buzz - May 5th, 2020
- Altcoins Face The Most Important Weekly Close in Crypto History - newsBTC - May 2nd, 2020
- Crypto Analyst: Bitcoin (BTC) Selloff Coming Heres Why Ethereum (ETH), XRP and Altcoin Market May Rise in Short Term - The Daily Hodl - May 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin Yearly Moving Average Price Closes in on All-Time High - BeInCrypto - May 2nd, 2020
- Altcoins Could Get Crushed By BTC Halving Volatility, Heres Why - newsBTC - April 29th, 2020
- XRP, XLM, and ADA Win Big as Bitcoin Speculators Turn to Altcoins - ZyCrypto - April 29th, 2020
- 7 Explosive Cryptocurrencies to Buy for the Bitcoin Halvening - Investorplace.com - April 29th, 2020
- Neo (NEO) Bulls Again Going Against The Resistance Of $9.00 With Strong Pace - The Coin Republic - April 29th, 2020
- Accurate Crypto Sell Signal Issued For Two Top Performing Altcoins - newsBTC - April 26th, 2020
- 3 Reasons Why XRP is Unlikely to Benefit From Ongoing Altcoin Surge - Bitcoinist - April 26th, 2020
- Litecoin News Today - Litecoin LTC Climbs to $42 As Altcoin Market Resumes Recovery - April 23rd, 2020 - Smartereum - April 26th, 2020
- Ethereum [ETH] Makes 95% of the Altcoin Inflows in Q1 to Grayscale Trust Fund - Coingape - April 26th, 2020
- Chainlink, Ethereum lead altcoin recovery effort as BAT stalls - AMBCrypto English - April 26th, 2020
- Dogecoin (DOGE) Price Analysis: Dogecoin Price Shows Sustainability Over $0.0020 To Avoid Break Below The ... - The Coin Republic - April 26th, 2020
- Crypto Billionaire Says One Altcoin Reminds Him of Bitcoin and Ethereums Early Days - The Daily Hodl - April 20th, 2020
- 420 Day in Crypto: Remembering the Class of Altcoins That Went Up in Smoke - Bitcoinist - April 20th, 2020
- Bitcoin Halving: Can Ripple (XRP), Litecoin and other altcoins benefit? - Crypto News Flash - April 20th, 2020
- Ethereum 2.0 Precursor Topaz Testnet Released - Product Release & Updates - Altcoin Buzz - April 20th, 2020
- Why tokens are not the same thing as Bitcoin - CoinGeek - April 20th, 2020
- Basic Attention Token Price Negative Move To Reach $0.15 Support Level - The Coin Republic - April 20th, 2020
- Dogecoin Price Sustaining On $0.0020 Level With Overall Bullish Market - The Coin Republic - April 20th, 2020
- Litecoin LTC price holds steady at $42, but analyst warns of a potential correction - Cryptopolitan - April 20th, 2020
- This Surprising Altcoin Dominates Crypto Trading Volume, Second Only to Bitcoin - Bitcoinist - April 14th, 2020
- Ripples XRP Was The Worst-Performing Altcoin In Q1 2020, Report Finds - ZyCrypto - April 14th, 2020
- HTC Exodus to Offer Monero Mining - Business Partnerships - Altcoin Buzz - April 14th, 2020
- Litecoin LTC price faces headwind, but gains may be on the horizon - Cryptopolitan - April 14th, 2020
- Bitcoin Dominance: 2-Year Uptrend Breaking Could Spark Altcoin Boom - newsBTC - April 10th, 2020
- Ripples XRP Could Be Ready to Pop Off, Claims Analyst - newsBTC - April 10th, 2020
- Ethereum, Tron continue to rally as uncertainty looms over Decred - AMBCrypto - April 10th, 2020
- XRP Price Hits $0.20 as Over 200M Coins Transferred... - Coinspeaker - April 7th, 2020
- 3 Altcoins To Consider In This Time Of World Crises - ZyCrypto - April 6th, 2020
- How is Bitcoin performing after the crash? Altcoins show promise - AMBCrypto - April 6th, 2020
- When Is The Altcoin Season Kicking Into Gear? - KryptoMoney - April 1st, 2020
- Bitcoin Diamond, QTUM, Binance Coin Price: Altcoins inverted flags fly aloft - AMBCrypto - April 1st, 2020
- Microsoft New Crypto Initiative - Blockchain Technology - Altcoin Buzz - April 1st, 2020