Binance started out in China in 2017. It is the currently the fastest growing exchange for altcoins and they offer a wide range of different trading pairs. Binance offers great customer service and one of the best user experiences in the business right now.
Binance has very low fees (as low as 0.05%). They have great communication with their customers and regularly offer competitions with cryptocurrency and other prices.
Binance does not require any verification for trading or withdrawing up to 2BTC per day. You can find out more and sign up to Binance via this link.
What the basic trading view looks like:
Cryptopia is an altcoin exchange based out of New Zealand. They do not offer the same great user experience as some of the other altcoin exchanges but their major strength is the extremely wide range of cryptocurrencies they offer.
Cryptopia is known to have almost every altcoin out there. If you are looking for the next hidden gem with a lot of potential, Cryptopia is the exchange to be at. Currently they offer more than 250 different altcoins, ranging from large caps such as Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash to completely unknown small caps.
Their customer service is however known for being slow, especially now that the demand for altcoins has skyrocketed. To handle scaling issues, they do close down registrations in order to not disturb the user experience of current customers.
Kucoin is another Asian exchange similar to Binance. It recently opened and was founded through an ICO. As a newcomer to the altcoin scene they offer great customer service and deals. If you wish to become an affiliate they have a very lucrative program that you can join.
They offer trading pairs in their own token, KCS, USDT, BTC, ETH and NEO.
Kucoin also offers competitions for the community where you can win both cryptocurrency prices and other things such as cars or hardware.
Trading fees are at 0.1%. Withdrawal fees vary depending on the asset and can be quite expensive at times.
The term altcoins refer to alternative coins to Bitcoin. In 2009, Bitcoin was the only cryptocurrency around. In the years since, thousands of new coins have popped up looking to solve a wide array of problems. Most of them are based on the same blockchain technology as Bitcoin but often with different attributes to serve their purpose as best possible. Examples of some of the most well known ones are:
More and more exchanges are now offering trading pairs for altcoins as well and the overall market cap for altcoins is growing exponentially.
Altcoins are generally more volatile than Bitcoin, as their market cap is smaller and a lower volume can move the price significantly compared to Bitcoin. A lot of altcoin projects are also more centralized and if one party holds a majority of all coins, this party could crash the entire market value by flooding the exchanges with his or her coins.
There are different ways to launch a new altcoin. Developers are often out to make money for themselves and for this purpose and ICO is perfect.
ICO stands for initial coin offering. It is similar to a stock market IPO, but with a few differences.
ICOs often look to raise money before they offer a working product. Be careful when investing in ICO as it is a very popular way to scam new investors in the cryptocurrency space.
Most altcoins do not have any FIAT ($, or ) pairs. Instead they are most commonly traded against $BTC or $ETH as many altcoin exchanges does not accept FIAT deposits.
If you wish to buy an altcoin, you may have to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first. We have a list of exchanges here and guides on how to transfer and store it.
Most altcoin exchanges do not require you to verify your account, however your withdrawal limits may be limited. Keep in mind most altcoin exchanges are not regulated and you are trading at your own risk. There is always a possibility that the exchange will be hacked or decide to steal the funds.
Right now the demand for altcoin exchanges is booming and many of the most popular ones have been forced to close registration at certain times in order to not ruin the user experience of existing users. If this is the case, we will list the best alternatives to this exchange. Usually registrations open again within a few weeks however, so make sure you stay up to date on http://www.coinworld.io to find out when you are able to register again.
All smaller altcoins are not supported by hardware wallets yet. ERC20 tokens on the Ethereum blockchain can be stored on the Nano Ledger S by using MyEtherWallet.
If possible, we always recommend you move all of your coins off exchanges as soon as you dont need to trade them. If this is not possible, you can either use the projects own software wallet or store the cryptocurrency on the exchange.
If you choose the latter option, which is not recommended by sometimes most practical, make sure to use a safe 2-Factor Authentication. Most exchanges offer Google Authenticator.
Make sure to remove any connections to your phone-number on the google account you choose to connect your 2-Factor Authentication to. Many traders have been hacked by people stealing their phone number and resetting the 2-Factor Authentication in order to access your exchange account.
There is always a risk that exchanges will be hacked and thus the only way to make sure your cryptocurrency is safe is by holding the private keys yourself.
If you do not take safety precautions to store your cryptocurrency safely, you may lose your funds permanently. If they are stolen, there is no one who can help you to retrieve them.
Most exchanges offer faster support through messaging apps such as Telegram than via E-mail or support forms on their website. Even though, as their user base is growing at a very rapid pace currently, support may be slow. Exchanges are adding hundreds of thousand of new users every day and are unable to process all of the incoming questions.
Make sure to educate yourself before investing so you make sure that you will need as little assistance as possible from the exchanges themselves as it can be very frustrating waiting for replies when a lot of money is on the line.
We are not professional investors. This is not in any shape or form investment advice. We do not advice you do invest in altcoins or anything else. Any trades or deposits you do at an exchange is at your own risk.
Read more from the original source:
Top 3 Altcoin Trading Exchanges - [Reviews and Ratings]
- Poll Shows Crypto Investors Expect ChainLink To Be Top Performing Altcoin in 2020 - newsBTC - January 14th, 2020
- These 4 Factors Suggest the Altcoin Crypto Market Rally is Only Just Beginning - newsBTC - January 14th, 2020
- Is This The Return Of The Altseason? Pumped Up Altcoins Leave Bitcoin In The Wind - ZyCrypto - January 14th, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Cooperative Warns Public Against Apparent Hard Fork Scam - Cointelegraph - January 14th, 2020
- South Korea: Hacked Crypto Exchange Upbit Finally Resumes ETH Deposits and Withdrawals - BTCMANAGER - January 14th, 2020
- Cobinhood is the Latest Altcoin Exchange to Shut Down - NullTX - January 12th, 2020
- Litecoin Gains 10% Against The Dollar, Is This The Start of an Altcoin Rally? - newsBTC - January 12th, 2020
- Dash Surges by Over 16% as Bitcoin Price Hovers At $8,100 - Cointelegraph - January 12th, 2020
- More Altcoin Mining to be Integrated by Mining Pools in 2020 - Report - Cryptonews - January 10th, 2020
- Ethereum, Monero hashrate mainly concentrated in Europe - AMBCrypto - January 10th, 2020
- 4 Signs the Cryptocurrency Altcoin Market May Have Finally Bottomed - Cointelegraph - January 10th, 2020
- All 4 Past Januaries Started A Different Altcoin Trend, Will January 2020 Ignite a New Altcoin Season? - CryptoPotato - January 10th, 2020
- Dead Crypto Projects Declined in 2019, Are Altcoins Reviving? - Bitcoinist - January 10th, 2020
- Stellar jumps 8% as Bitcoin taps $8,000; what will push XLM even higher? - CryptoSlate - January 10th, 2020
- Chainlink and Loopring Are Now "Partners in Crime" - Business Partnerships - Altcoin Buzz - January 10th, 2020
- Upbit Exchange to Re-Open XRP, LTC and EOS Trading - Bitcoinist - January 10th, 2020
- Altcoin Explorer: Tether, The Worlds First Successful Stablecoin - BTCMANAGER - January 10th, 2020
- Heres What Altcoins Rally Means for Where the Crypto Markets are Heading Next - newsBTC - January 5th, 2020
- Momentum Within Altcoin Market Could Spark Massive XRP Rally, But Will it Be Sustainable? - newsBTC - January 5th, 2020
- This Small-Cap Altcoin Is Quietly up Over 50% in the Last 2 Days - SludgeFeed - January 5th, 2020
- ElectraPay is Another Altcoin Payment Solution no one Really Needs - The Merkle Hash - January 5th, 2020
- Ethereum [ETH/USD] Technical Analysis: Price Remains Unmoved as Users clamor for Altcoin Revolution ... - TWJ Crypto - January 5th, 2020
- 2019: Alt-Season has comeand gone - Where is altcoin heading in 2020? - FXStreet - December 30th, 2019
- Ethereum, XRP, and BCH: Why Traders are Optimistic on Altcoin Market - newsBTC - December 30th, 2019
- Altcoin Apocalypse: Which Crypto Assets Will Survive Another Year - newsBTC - December 30th, 2019
- XRP, Bitcoin are the most bought coins on Coinbase - AMBCrypto - December 30th, 2019
- Heres Why XRP Price Could Soon Burst 60% Higher - Ethereum World News - December 30th, 2019
- 2019 in review: Which altcoins performed the best vs Bitcoin? - Coin Rivet - December 27th, 2019
- Privacy-Focused and Privacy Centric Blockchains - Altcoin Buzz - December 27th, 2019
- NULS Hacked. $480 Worth of NULS Token Stolen - Cryptocurrency Regulation - Altcoin Buzz - December 27th, 2019
- 2019 in review: Which altcoins performed the best vs Bitcoin? - Yahoo Finance - December 24th, 2019
- Altcoins bubble on the way, crypto market cap may reach $11 trillion by 2023 - FXStreet - December 24th, 2019
- Litecoin price prediction 2020: can it become the best-performing altcoin of the coming decade? - Capital.com - December 24th, 2019
- 2019: The Year in Altcoins, and the Year Ahead - Finance Magnates - December 24th, 2019
- XRP is Down 95% from Its 2018 Peak; Whats Next for the Embattled Crypto? - newsBTC - December 22nd, 2019
- BitGo Will Comply with FATF - Cryptocurrency Regulation - Altcoin Buzz - December 22nd, 2019
- Why Have Altcoins Slumped Back to Crypto Winter Levels? - newsBTC - December 21st, 2019
- Bitcoin Price Diary: Long BTC From $6.5K and Back in Altcoin Positions - Cointelegraph - December 21st, 2019
- LTC, XTZ, TRX, and XLM Crypto Price Prediction: Will Altcoins Test Key Resistance Levels? - U.Today - December 21st, 2019
- Can Ethereum (ETH) And Other Altcoins Still See A Rise In Dominance? - Crypto Daily - December 21st, 2019
- Orchid Launches on Coinbase and Sees 200%+ Gain - Altcoin Buzz - December 21st, 2019
- Ripple Raises $200M, Calls 2019 Its Strongest Year of Growth - Cointelegraph - December 21st, 2019
- Pionex and Dash are Now Partners - Business Partnerships - Altcoin Buzz - December 21st, 2019
- Ether Price Targets $160 as Altcoins Rally and BTC Trades Sideways - Cointelegraph - December 13th, 2019
- Ether Eyes $160 As BTC Oscillates And Altcoins Rally - - CryptoVibes - December 13th, 2019
- Whats the outlook for Litecoin in 2020? - Coin Rivet - December 13th, 2019
- Ethereum Classic is the Top Altcoin in Daily Active Addresses, Heres Why - Coingape - December 13th, 2019
- Nike Shoes and Ethereum? Why Not - Altcoin Buzz - December 13th, 2019
- Top 3 price prediction Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple: Altcoin auto-MATIC carnage - FXStreet - December 11th, 2019
- Altcoin Meltdown Intensifies as Tezos, Ravencoin, VeChain Take the Plunge - CCN.com - December 11th, 2019
- Altcoins: Could This Be the End of Tokens? - CoinCodex - December 11th, 2019
- Latest Litecoin price and analysis (LTC to USD) - Coin Rivet - December 11th, 2019
- Bitrefill and Bitfinex Are Now "Partners in Crime" - Business Partnerships - Altcoin Buzz - December 6th, 2019
- Altcoin apocalypse XRP, Bitcoin Cash and ZEC over 90% removed from ATH - Born2Invest - December 5th, 2019
- Which Major Altcoins Will Still Be Top Ranking Long Term? A Historical Review of the Altcoin Market's Past Perhaps Provides Clues Crypto.IQ | Bitcoin... - December 4th, 2019
- XRP Added to Japanese Altcoin Market by BitFlyer - The Coin Republic - December 4th, 2019
- The Worst Is Yet To Come For Altcoin Market Cap - newsBTC - December 2nd, 2019
- Altcoin Apocalypse: The Number of Dying Crypto Currencies Is Rising - newsBTC - December 2nd, 2019
- Altcoin Dominance Steadily Increases While Bitcoin Takes a Dive - BeInCrypto - December 2nd, 2019
- Learn The Basics of Masternode Investments: An Exclusive Interview with Iakov Trevor Levin of Midas - Coinfomania - December 2nd, 2019
- How to Beat Bitcoin With Altcoins (Using the BMJ Crypto Portfolio Optimization Tool) - Bitcoin Market Journal - December 2nd, 2019
- Massively Successful: That is What Electroneum Wants To Be - Spotlight - Altcoin Buzz - November 23rd, 2019
- Google a Threat to Bitcoin? Community Disagrees - Finance and Funding - Altcoin Buzz - November 23rd, 2019
- Heres How Much of Each Major Altcoin Is Owned by Whales - BeInCrypto - November 21st, 2019
- Altcoin Volatility Rising, But Alt Season Wont Arrive Until Bitcoin Volume Returns - newsBTC - November 21st, 2019
- What will it take for a Litecoin bull run in 2020? - Yahoo Finance - November 21st, 2019
- Crypto Analyst: Ethereum, XRP and Altcoins Poised for Major Rally As Bitcoin (BTC) Dominance Drops - The Daily Hodl - November 18th, 2019
- Bye-Bye Bitcoin? Why the Altcoin Bottom is In - newsBTC - November 18th, 2019
- Proof of Stake Creator: Bitcoin Unlikely to Dominate Altcoins in Long Run - Ethereum World News - November 18th, 2019
- Best Bitcoin/Altcoin Wallets For iPhone [2019 Edition] - October 1st, 2019
- Crypto Conundrum: Bullish Bitcoin Price Action Halts Altcoin ... - April 24th, 2019
- Altcoin Season 2019 Thrives: Everex (EVX) Leading Binance ... - April 21st, 2019
- What is an Altcoin? - CCN - February 9th, 2019
- Altcoin Trader South Africa - ice3x Altcoin Exchange ... - February 2nd, 2019
- Altcointrader.co.za Review - Altcoin Trader, Login ... - January 27th, 2019
- Bitcoin History Part 5: A Wild Altcoin Appears - Bitcoin News - January 9th, 2019
- Latest News on Altcoin | Altcoin Breaking News | DC Forecasts - January 9th, 2019
- Altcoin Daily Preview: Tron (TRX) Could Bounce back ... - January 9th, 2019
- Most promising Altcoins and ... - Captain Altcoin - January 8th, 2019
- Altcoin - Investopedia - December 12th, 2018