Binance started out in China in 2017. It is the currently the fastest growing exchange for altcoins and they offer a wide range of different trading pairs. Binance offers great customer service and one of the best user experiences in the business right now.
Binance has very low fees (as low as 0.05%). They have great communication with their customers and regularly offer competitions with cryptocurrency and other prices.
Binance does not require any verification for trading or withdrawing up to 2BTC per day. You can find out more and sign up to Binance via this link.
What the basic trading view looks like:
Cryptopia is an altcoin exchange based out of New Zealand. They do not offer the same great user experience as some of the other altcoin exchanges but their major strength is the extremely wide range of cryptocurrencies they offer.
Cryptopia is known to have almost every altcoin out there. If you are looking for the next hidden gem with a lot of potential, Cryptopia is the exchange to be at. Currently they offer more than 250 different altcoins, ranging from large caps such as Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash to completely unknown small caps.
Their customer service is however known for being slow, especially now that the demand for altcoins has skyrocketed. To handle scaling issues, they do close down registrations in order to not disturb the user experience of current customers.
Kucoin is another Asian exchange similar to Binance. It recently opened and was founded through an ICO. As a newcomer to the altcoin scene they offer great customer service and deals. If you wish to become an affiliate they have a very lucrative program that you can join.
They offer trading pairs in their own token, KCS, USDT, BTC, ETH and NEO.
Kucoin also offers competitions for the community where you can win both cryptocurrency prices and other things such as cars or hardware.
Trading fees are at 0.1%. Withdrawal fees vary depending on the asset and can be quite expensive at times.
The term altcoins refer to alternative coins to Bitcoin. In 2009, Bitcoin was the only cryptocurrency around. In the years since, thousands of new coins have popped up looking to solve a wide array of problems. Most of them are based on the same blockchain technology as Bitcoin but often with different attributes to serve their purpose as best possible. Examples of some of the most well known ones are:
More and more exchanges are now offering trading pairs for altcoins as well and the overall market cap for altcoins is growing exponentially.
Altcoins are generally more volatile than Bitcoin, as their market cap is smaller and a lower volume can move the price significantly compared to Bitcoin. A lot of altcoin projects are also more centralized and if one party holds a majority of all coins, this party could crash the entire market value by flooding the exchanges with his or her coins.
There are different ways to launch a new altcoin. Developers are often out to make money for themselves and for this purpose and ICO is perfect.
ICO stands for initial coin offering. It is similar to a stock market IPO, but with a few differences.
ICOs often look to raise money before they offer a working product. Be careful when investing in ICO as it is a very popular way to scam new investors in the cryptocurrency space.
Most altcoins do not have any FIAT ($, or ) pairs. Instead they are most commonly traded against $BTC or $ETH as many altcoin exchanges does not accept FIAT deposits.
If you wish to buy an altcoin, you may have to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first. We have a list of exchanges here and guides on how to transfer and store it.
Most altcoin exchanges do not require you to verify your account, however your withdrawal limits may be limited. Keep in mind most altcoin exchanges are not regulated and you are trading at your own risk. There is always a possibility that the exchange will be hacked or decide to steal the funds.
Right now the demand for altcoin exchanges is booming and many of the most popular ones have been forced to close registration at certain times in order to not ruin the user experience of existing users. If this is the case, we will list the best alternatives to this exchange. Usually registrations open again within a few weeks however, so make sure you stay up to date on http://www.coinworld.io to find out when you are able to register again.
All smaller altcoins are not supported by hardware wallets yet. ERC20 tokens on the Ethereum blockchain can be stored on the Nano Ledger S by using MyEtherWallet.
If possible, we always recommend you move all of your coins off exchanges as soon as you dont need to trade them. If this is not possible, you can either use the projects own software wallet or store the cryptocurrency on the exchange.
If you choose the latter option, which is not recommended by sometimes most practical, make sure to use a safe 2-Factor Authentication. Most exchanges offer Google Authenticator.
Make sure to remove any connections to your phone-number on the google account you choose to connect your 2-Factor Authentication to. Many traders have been hacked by people stealing their phone number and resetting the 2-Factor Authentication in order to access your exchange account.
There is always a risk that exchanges will be hacked and thus the only way to make sure your cryptocurrency is safe is by holding the private keys yourself.
If you do not take safety precautions to store your cryptocurrency safely, you may lose your funds permanently. If they are stolen, there is no one who can help you to retrieve them.
Most exchanges offer faster support through messaging apps such as Telegram than via E-mail or support forms on their website. Even though, as their user base is growing at a very rapid pace currently, support may be slow. Exchanges are adding hundreds of thousand of new users every day and are unable to process all of the incoming questions.
Make sure to educate yourself before investing so you make sure that you will need as little assistance as possible from the exchanges themselves as it can be very frustrating waiting for replies when a lot of money is on the line.
We are not professional investors. This is not in any shape or form investment advice. We do not advice you do invest in altcoins or anything else. Any trades or deposits you do at an exchange is at your own risk.
Read more from the original source:
Top 3 Altcoin Trading Exchanges - [Reviews and Ratings]
- 3 Reasons Why Ethereum Price Rallied 75% to Hit a 2-Year High at $400 - Cointelegraph - August 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin SV Price Analysis: BSV/USD takes the altcoin rally a notch higher, approaching $250 - FXStreet - August 2nd, 2020
- DataDash: Two Crypto Newcomers Will Surge Alongside Bitcoin, Ethereum and XRP in New Bull Cycle - The Daily Hodl - August 2nd, 2020
- As Altcoin Season Presses on, Whats Next for Crypto Futures? - Finance Magnates - July 31st, 2020
- Altcoin Price Analysis Bitcoin Cash, Tezos and IOTA: BCH/USD and IOT/USD look to break past key levels - FXStreet - July 31st, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Touched $11,400, Altcoin Season Over? - CryptoPotato - July 31st, 2020
- Bitcoin Struggles At $11,000: Altcoins Starting To Regain Momentum? - CryptoPotato - July 31st, 2020
- Litecoin spikes 10% to lead top altcoin gains today | CoinJournal.net - CoinJournal - July 31st, 2020
- As Bitcoin tops $11,000 level, investor interest in India on the rise - Livemint - July 31st, 2020
- Long Gold, and Long Cryptos - InvestorPlace - July 31st, 2020
- Cardano and Litecoin Lead the Altcoin Market - Somag News - July 27th, 2020
- Top Analyst Bullish on Ethereum and Five Altcoins, Says Bitcoin Wont Lead Surge in Crypto Market Cap - The Daily Hodl - July 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin Analyst Says Crypto Traders Who Ignore Two Emerging Trends Will Miss Out, Warns Altcoins Set for Pullback - The Daily Hodl - July 27th, 2020
- Ethereum 2.0 validator testnet goes live: ETH Research Team - AMBCrypto - July 27th, 2020
- Altcoin Market Update: Akropolis and Ocean Protocol are unstoppable lately thanks to DeFi bull... - Forex Crunch - July 27th, 2020
- Prominent Bitcoin Whale Predicts Mass Altcoin Extinction Ahead of Next BTC Rally - The Daily Hodl - July 5th, 2020
- PrimeXBT Comparison: Will DeFi Defy The ICO-Fueled Ethereum All-Time High? - Ethereum World News - July 4th, 2020
- These Altcoins Set a New ATH While Bitcoin And Ethereum Tank | NewsBTC - newsBTC - July 4th, 2020
- Renowned analyst predicts Bitcoin to outperform altcoins in 2021 - FXStreet - July 4th, 2020
- Ouroboros, as explained by IOHK researchers - Altcoin Buzz - July 4th, 2020
- XRP Price Can Outperform Bitcoin in the Short Term Heres Why - Cointelegraph - July 4th, 2020
- Ethereum, Chainlink and Tezos price analysis: June 28 - AMBCrypto - June 29th, 2020
- This top-30 altcoin is integrating with Chainlink (LINK) for bolstering smart contract ecosystem - CryptoSlate - June 29th, 2020
- Brutal Drop In Altcoins Anticipated as Bitcoin Dominance Projected to Surge | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 29th, 2020
- Chainlink (LINK) Near New All-Time High Heres 3 Reasons for the Rally - Cointelegraph - June 29th, 2020
- Pantera Capital: Bitcoin Set to Begin Meteoric Bull Run But Ethereum and Certain Altcoins Will Outperform BTC - The Daily Hodl - June 29th, 2020
- Most traded crypto in June 2020: are we in the altcoin season? - Capital.com - June 20th, 2020
- Top 3 Price Prediction Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple: Altcoin season just around the corner - FXStreet - June 20th, 2020
- Top Crypto Strategist Predicts Bitcoin (BTC) Will Surpass $20,000 in Just Two Months With Ethereum Leading Next Altcoin Rally - The Daily Hodl - June 17th, 2020
- Liquidations May Loom as Altcoin Bulls Hold Despite Shorts Spiking - Cointelegraph - June 13th, 2020
- Tether.io becomes second largest altcoin behind Ethereum tokens - HedgeWeek - June 13th, 2020
- ETH Miners Will Have Little Choice Once Ethereum 2.0 Launches With PoS - Cointelegraph - June 13th, 2020
- Sparks fly as developer suggests an altcoin will overtake Bitcoin in the next five years - CryptoSlate - June 9th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price To Hit $150,000; Ethereum At $9,000 In Next Bull Run, Blockfyre Founder Predicts - International Business Times - June 9th, 2020
- Despite Its Recent Controversy, This is the Latest Altcoin Ready to Moon - Bitcoin Exchange Guide - June 9th, 2020
- Why An Even Deeper Correction Is Expected For The Crypto Markets Hottest Altcoin | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 8th, 2020
- Analyst Predicts Next Bull Run Will Send Bitcoin to $150K and Ether to $9K - Cointelegraph - June 8th, 2020
- Venture Capitalist Predicts Bitcoin Boom to $150,000, Says Ethereum and Four Altcoins Will Outperform BTC - The Daily Hodl - June 8th, 2020
- Stocks aren't the only asset climbing - InvestorPlace - June 8th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency in Undeveloped Nations - Altcoin Buzz - June 8th, 2020
- Ethereum, Binance Coin, Algorand Price Analysis: 03 June - AMBCrypto English - June 8th, 2020
- Ethereum looks bullish as its fees surpassed BTC's on June 7 - CoinJournal - June 8th, 2020
- Crypto Index Analysis: Boosted by altcoin breakout - Capital.com - June 2nd, 2020
- Ethereums price rush may run out of steam - AMBCrypto English - June 2nd, 2020
- ETH showing strong signals as EOS and XRP likely to regress - CoinJournal - June 2nd, 2020
- Cardano and Ethereum Price Surge Alongside Bitcoin Will XLM Follow? - Cointelegraph - June 1st, 2020
- Ethereum Chart Makes It Clear: Altcoin Season Is Already Over | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 1st, 2020
- Max Keiser: There Isn't Anything Crypto Altcoins Do That Bitcoin Won't Do - Bitcoinist - June 1st, 2020
- Altcoins Outpace Bitcoin in Broad Crypto Rally: Cardano and Ethereum Biggest Gainers - The Daily Hodl - June 1st, 2020
- Are Altcoins Silver To Bitcoin As Gold? Unusual Correlation Discovered | NewsBTC - newsBTC - May 20th, 2020
- Polkadot: The Interoperable Blockchain Network - Altcoin Projects - Altcoin Buzz - May 20th, 2020
- Beware: this altcoins price action could be part of a pump and dump scheme - CryptoSlate - May 18th, 2020
- Is Tezos rapid progress a threat to both Bitcoin and Ethereum? - AMBCrypto English - May 18th, 2020
- XTZ Price Analysis: Bears Take a Breather on XTZ/USD As Price Swings Past $2.6, Tezos Becomes 2020 Altcoin With STO Pipeline Projects - Latest Crypto... - May 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin Cash struggles with negative pressure, while VET & LINK trend higher - AMBCrypto - May 15th, 2020
- Stellar Cryptocurrency Prints a TD9: Heres Why It Means More Upside is Likely - newsBTC - May 15th, 2020
- As Halving Nears, Ethereum (ETH) Stands More Chances Amid Altcoins - KryptoMoney - May 12th, 2020
- Heres Why Altcoins Bouncing as Bitcoin Retraced From $10K Is Bullish - Cointelegraph - May 11th, 2020
- Crypto scams are on the rise: 5 ways to avoid them - Livemint - May 11th, 2020
- Ethereum, Stellar Lumens, VET bounce back as alts resist corrections - AMBCrypto English - May 11th, 2020
- Coronavirus & Altcoins: Why are Some Crypto Assets Beating Bitcoin? - Finance Magnates - May 5th, 2020
- Binance Widget Incorporated on Brave Browser - Altcoin Buzz - May 5th, 2020
- Altcoins Face The Most Important Weekly Close in Crypto History - newsBTC - May 2nd, 2020
- Crypto Analyst: Bitcoin (BTC) Selloff Coming Heres Why Ethereum (ETH), XRP and Altcoin Market May Rise in Short Term - The Daily Hodl - May 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin Yearly Moving Average Price Closes in on All-Time High - BeInCrypto - May 2nd, 2020
- Altcoins Could Get Crushed By BTC Halving Volatility, Heres Why - newsBTC - April 29th, 2020
- XRP, XLM, and ADA Win Big as Bitcoin Speculators Turn to Altcoins - ZyCrypto - April 29th, 2020
- 7 Explosive Cryptocurrencies to Buy for the Bitcoin Halvening - Investorplace.com - April 29th, 2020
- Neo (NEO) Bulls Again Going Against The Resistance Of $9.00 With Strong Pace - The Coin Republic - April 29th, 2020
- Accurate Crypto Sell Signal Issued For Two Top Performing Altcoins - newsBTC - April 26th, 2020
- 3 Reasons Why XRP is Unlikely to Benefit From Ongoing Altcoin Surge - Bitcoinist - April 26th, 2020
- Litecoin News Today - Litecoin LTC Climbs to $42 As Altcoin Market Resumes Recovery - April 23rd, 2020 - Smartereum - April 26th, 2020
- Ethereum [ETH] Makes 95% of the Altcoin Inflows in Q1 to Grayscale Trust Fund - Coingape - April 26th, 2020
- Chainlink, Ethereum lead altcoin recovery effort as BAT stalls - AMBCrypto English - April 26th, 2020
- Dogecoin (DOGE) Price Analysis: Dogecoin Price Shows Sustainability Over $0.0020 To Avoid Break Below The ... - The Coin Republic - April 26th, 2020
- Crypto Billionaire Says One Altcoin Reminds Him of Bitcoin and Ethereums Early Days - The Daily Hodl - April 20th, 2020
- 420 Day in Crypto: Remembering the Class of Altcoins That Went Up in Smoke - Bitcoinist - April 20th, 2020
- Bitcoin Halving: Can Ripple (XRP), Litecoin and other altcoins benefit? - Crypto News Flash - April 20th, 2020
- Ethereum 2.0 Precursor Topaz Testnet Released - Product Release & Updates - Altcoin Buzz - April 20th, 2020
- Why tokens are not the same thing as Bitcoin - CoinGeek - April 20th, 2020