With the new year just around the corner, cryptocurrency investors and traders are getting ready for what the markets might have in store in 2020.
Hopefully, with a brand new year comes brand new blood to fuel the next big crypto bull run.
According to key cryptocurrency analysts such as Mati Greenspan, Alessio Rastani, Trace Mayers, and PlanB, theres a high probability of a Bitcoin bull run sometime within the next 12 to 18 months.
Funnily enough, some economists are predicting an economic recession during the same period. Will that be the final catalyst for a massive cryptocurrency bull market?
If so, will altcoins such as Litecoin enjoy some huge gains?
Lets take a look.
The above price prediction is based on PlanBs BTC stock-to-flow model, discussed in this guide.
Stock-to-flow models have been used in the traditional investment field for decades. A stock-to-flow model will show the amount of a commodity held in inventories divided by the amount produced annually.
This tool can be used and the process replicated among other Proof-of-Work cryptocurrencies, as they follow similar stock-to-flow models.
The only requirements for the stock-to-flow model (or ratio) to make sense are:
If this model continues to satisfy its future predictions, this is what could happen to Bitcoin in the next couple of years:
There are a few factors that tend to help altcoins during bull markets.
Even though we could argue technical advancements are the most important detail for price, fundamentals tend to apply in the long term rather than the short term.
Looking at the overall altcoin prices above (courtesy of Messari.io), we see the majority have fallen between 80% to 90% since their all-time highs. The cycle has been repeating since 2013, when altcoins became a thing.
So what drives short-term price action then?
In essence, pure speculation. The most profitable altcoins include Ethereum, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin. Since the all-time highs for all these coins were in early 2018, and since then most of their value has been lost, can we argue marketing and network effects are the key drivers for short-time price?
It seems likely.
Therefore, when looking at which altcoins might pump next, I argue the key questions we should ask ourselves are:
By combining metrics, through Google Trends, blockchain explorers, wallet adoption, or social media trend waves, we can get a picture of which altcoins may experience strong positive price action.
Not to my surprise, Litecoin is a strong contender.
I argue theres an extra few ingredients the Litecoin Foundation or large LTC holders can add to the mix to promote future gains.
The first thing is to spread the message that Litecoin has a hard supply, which puts extra pressure on long-term price since fewer coins are minted every four years.
Additionally, Litecoin has a plethora of partners and merchants using LTC as a payment gateway.
As discussed in this post, the number of LTC merchants is growing at a huge pace, and key players such as the Miami Dolphins are helping to spread the Litecoin brand to new markets.
In essence, I believe for Litecoin to experience a bull run in 2020, there needs to be a Bitcoin bull run fueled by the entrance of new retail and institutional investors.
When Bitcoin breaks new all-time highs, we should expect some of the new money to spill into prominent altcoins such as LTC.
The post What will it take for a Litecoin bull run in 2020? appeared first on Coin Rivet.
See the original post here:
What will it take for a Litecoin bull run in 2020? - Yahoo Finance
- Bitcoin Dominance Could Soar to 90% amid Economic Crisis, Crashing Altcoin Market - newsBTC - March 27th, 2020
- Top 3 Price Prediction Bitcoin, Ether, Ripple: Altcoin segment Houston, we have a problem - FXStreet - March 27th, 2020
- Litecoin Could See Another Price Crash Soon, Will Bitcoin Follow? - Bitcoinist - March 27th, 2020
- CoinDCX Raises $3 Million - Finance and Funding - Altcoin Buzz - March 27th, 2020
- Top 10 Business Gurus of Crypto - Bitcoin & Crypto Guide - Altcoin Buzz - March 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin, Ether, and XRP Weekly Market Update March 23, 2020 - BTCMANAGER - March 23rd, 2020
- One Altcoin Is Pumping Amidst the Red Crypto Market - Bitcoin Exchange Guide - March 22nd, 2020
- This Altcoin Surged 80% in Three Weeks Amid Bitcoin (BTC) and Crypto Market Reversal - The Daily Hodl - March 22nd, 2020
- Tether Now on Bitcoin Cash Network - Blockchain Technology - Altcoin Buzz - March 22nd, 2020
- A Treatise on Bitcoin and Privacy Part 2: Don't Be Misled by Red... - Bitcoin Magazine - March 22nd, 2020
- Litecoin, Tezos and Chainlink nosedive as the altcoin season rocket ship loses lift - FXStreet - March 17th, 2020
- Huge Panic Grips Crypto Market: Ethereum, XRP and Other Altcoins Fall by... - Coinspeaker - March 17th, 2020
- Bitcoin vs Altcoins: Which One Stands as an Investment Option? - CryptoNewsZ - March 17th, 2020
- IOTA (MIOTA) Price Analysis: IOTA Regains $0.10 Mark With Signs Of Market Recovery - The Coin Republic - March 17th, 2020
- Which are the top altcoins VS Bitcoin in Q1 2020? - Toshi Times - March 4th, 2020
- Another Bitcoin ETF Application Dismissed by SEC - Cryptocurrency Regulation - Altcoin Buzz - March 4th, 2020
- Basic Attention Token (BAT) Price Analysis: BAT Looking Strong For Bullish Rally Again - The Coin Republic - March 4th, 2020
- Rising Bitcoin dominance may spell the end for altcoin crypto market rally for now - CryptoSlate - March 2nd, 2020
- This Top Altcoin is the Only Survivor of Today's Red Market - Bitcoinist - March 2nd, 2020
- Crypto Analyst Says This Altcoin Just Turned Mega Bullish Heres Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Reap the Rewards - The Daily Hodl - March 2nd, 2020
- Ethereum (ETH) And Other Altcoins Risk Massive Capital Flight - Crypto Daily - March 2nd, 2020
- Coins that Pump in the Bitcoin Crash Week Which and Why? - TWJ News - March 2nd, 2020
- Ethereum (ETH) Bulls Are Quickly Losing Momentum, Is This It For Altcoins? - Crypto Daily - March 2nd, 2020
- S&P 500's decline makes it chart look like that of illiquid altcoins - iNVEZZ - March 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin price Crash and its effect on Altcoins, Ripple, and IOTA course of the analysis, Litecoin to more than 13000 ATMs available & Bitcoin on... - March 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin, Ether, and XRP Weekly Market Update: March 2, 2020 - BTCMANAGER - March 2nd, 2020
- This Crypto is Positioned for an Insane Rally as it Reaches Key Resistance - Ethereum World News - February 24th, 2020
- 5-year altcoin exchange says goodbye: It will close in 10 days - Somag News - February 24th, 2020
- Crypto Analyst: Evil Whales Behind Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and Altcoin Market Rallies in 2020 - The Daily Hodl - February 23rd, 2020
- Past Crypto Cycle Highlights Altcoin Underperformance, But Perfect Storm is Coming - newsBTC - February 23rd, 2020
- Crypto Strategists: This Forgotten Altcoin Just Left the Launch Pad and Is Ready to Take Flight - The Daily Hodl - February 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin (BTC) Dominance Pullback Crashing Altcoins Is This End of Altcoin Season? - U.Today - February 23rd, 2020
- Why TRON, XRP, and Cardano (ADA) just plunged 12% in a severe altcoin correction - CryptoSlate - February 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin SV Dips 33% amid Altcoin Season Bust and More Losses are Coming - newsBTC - February 23rd, 2020
- Here's Why Even as a Bitcoiner you Shouldn't Ignore Ethereum - Bitcoinist - February 23rd, 2020
- Bit-comment: Bitcoin does not keep up with the altcoin''s rebound - MENAFN.COM - February 23rd, 2020
- Ethereum max out till date - BTC Wires - February 23rd, 2020
- Heres Why Litecoin Is Leading The Rise Of Altcoin Dominance - ZyCrypto - February 23rd, 2020
- Veteran Analyst Warns of XRP Crash to $0.20 as Price Stumbles - Ethereum World News - February 23rd, 2020
- Altcoin Dominance Rising: Ethereum Leads, XRP and Litecoin Lag - Crypto Briefing - February 13th, 2020
- Crypto Market Has All Signs of an Explosive Altcoin Season Brewing - newsBTC - February 13th, 2020
- Ethereum Price (ETH) Has Surged 92% in 2020 With Targets Set on $300 - Cointelegraph - February 13th, 2020
- Altcoins Continue to Roar Higher as Bitcoin Consolidates Above $10,000 - Blockonomi - February 13th, 2020
- Altcoin Explorer: Kyber Network, the On-Chain Liquidity Protocol Leading the DeFi Sector - BTCMANAGER - February 13th, 2020
- The Insolar (INS) Dilemma - Finance and Funding - Altcoin Buzz - February 13th, 2020
- North Korea is Mining Even More Monero - Cryptocurrency Regulation - Altcoin Buzz - February 13th, 2020
- Bitcoin Dominance Could Cause Catastrophic Ending to Current Altcoin Season - newsBTC - February 10th, 2020
- Why these 3 altcoins are outperforming the rest this year - Micky News - February 10th, 2020
- Ripples XRP Emerges Victorious in Altcoin Twitter Ring Fight Against IOTA, Cardano, and Tron - ZyCrypto - February 10th, 2020
- Three Crypto Assets Surged More Than 175%, Beating Bitcoin, As Altcoin Market Exploded in January - The Daily Hodl - February 6th, 2020
- Bitcoin vs. Altcoins: Which Will Make You More Money in 2020? - Bitcoinist - February 6th, 2020
- Bitcoin bull trend approaches 10K as altcoin season is a reality - FXStreet - February 6th, 2020
- Alt Season Cancelled: XRP, Ethereum, and Litecoin All Trigger Sell Signal - newsBTC - February 6th, 2020
- Bitcoin Falls Back While Stocks and Altcoins Surge Ahead - Live Bitcoin News - February 6th, 2020
- MIT Spider and Off-Chain Payments - Blockchain Technology - Altcoin Buzz - February 6th, 2020
- Bitcoins Dominance is at a Critical Level That Could Determine the Fate of Altcoins - Ethereum World News - February 6th, 2020
- Global Altcoin Breakout Could Usher Return of Alt Season Crypto Riches - newsBTC - February 4th, 2020
- Bitcoin is the Hotmail of Crypto, and the Real Sh*tcoin: John McAfee - CCN.com - February 4th, 2020
- Crypto Regulation? Andrew Yang Says YES - Cryptocurrency Regulation - Altcoin Buzz - February 4th, 2020
- After Sinking 97%, This Altcoin Just Woke Up with a 23% Surge - CCN.com - February 2nd, 2020
- Nearly $6,000,000,000 Ready to Move Into Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP and Altcoin Markets: Crypto Analyst Mati Greenspan - The Daily Hodl - February 2nd, 2020
- Which altcoins have outperformed Bitcoin in January 2020? - Yahoo Finance - February 2nd, 2020
- Last Years Top Crypto Market Performers Are Lagging Behind Altcoins in 2020 - newsBTC - February 2nd, 2020
- Watch Out Bears: These Altcoins Are on The Cusp of an Insane Rally - newsBTC - February 2nd, 2020
- Why The Cardano Price Raise Can Be Attributed To Mere Speculation? - The Coin Republic - February 2nd, 2020
- Crypto Update: Ethereum Breaks Long-Term Trendline With Bulls Still In Control - Hacked - February 2nd, 2020
- Altcoin season or end of the game? - MENAFN.COM - February 2nd, 2020
- Which altcoins have outperformed Bitcoin in January 2020? - Coin Rivet - January 29th, 2020
- This Class of Once Hyped Altcoins Is Headed To Zero - newsBTC - January 29th, 2020
- Altcoins on Track to Plunge By 10%, Yet This Crypto Could Rally Higher - newsBTC - January 29th, 2020
- Crypto Today: Bitcoin and major altcoins retreat from recent highs, still strong in the long run - FXStreet - January 29th, 2020
- Bitcoin Is Great But Investing in Altcoins Has More Potential Than You Can Imagine - Investorplace.com - January 29th, 2020
- Elon Musk Finally Reveals What He Thinks about Bitcoin - Spotlight - Altcoin Buzz - January 29th, 2020
- Bitcoin Dips $300 And Recovers As Altcoins Continue The Mini-Season: Wednesday Market Watch - CryptoPotato - January 29th, 2020
- EOS Spikes Over 10% Breaking A 4-Month Key Resistance Level, Is Altseason Here Yet? - Coingape - January 29th, 2020
- Poll Shows Crypto Investors Expect ChainLink To Be Top Performing Altcoin in 2020 - newsBTC - January 14th, 2020
- These 4 Factors Suggest the Altcoin Crypto Market Rally is Only Just Beginning - newsBTC - January 14th, 2020
- Is This The Return Of The Altseason? Pumped Up Altcoins Leave Bitcoin In The Wind - ZyCrypto - January 14th, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Cooperative Warns Public Against Apparent Hard Fork Scam - Cointelegraph - January 14th, 2020
- South Korea: Hacked Crypto Exchange Upbit Finally Resumes ETH Deposits and Withdrawals - BTCMANAGER - January 14th, 2020