Bitcoin (BTC) finally dropped all the way down to the $7.4Ks in minutes as anticipated in our previous analysis if the key $7.8K level did not hold.
Cryptocurrency market daily performance. Source: Coin360
Over the past week, BTC/USD has faced a slow grind down to the $8,000 price level. Now, Bitcoin also broke below its 0.786 Fibonacci retracement level as well its last major level before a confirmed full retrace of the Oct. 25 rally to $10,500.
After a short bounce, Bitcoin has bounced back to around $7,600 at press time.
As Cointelegraph reported, rumors of Chinese authorities raiding Binances Shanghai offices were likely also responsible for the drop. However, the exchange said that they had not received a notice from Chinese authorities, which required Binance to detail its activities.
Specifically, a Binance spokesperson denied the rumors, saying:
Binance has no fixed offices in Shanghai or China, so it makes no sense that police raided on any offices and shut them down. [...] There has been a recent spike in the number of negative articles and activities against Binance in China. We wouldn't delve too much into what causes this, because we prefer to continue BUIDLing our solutions.
Nevertheless, after several days of choppy price action, BTC/USD finally posted a decisive drop below $8,000 falling under its 0.786 Fibonacci retracement level at $7,870 and plummeting all the way down to $7,390.
This was the level of consolidation prior to the historic 42% price rise on Oct. 25.
BTC USD daily chart. Source: TradingView
If Bitcoin falls further below $7,307, it may indicate its bullish swing up to $10,500 on Oct. 25 was a fluke, resulting in net sideways action for the past month. Furthermore, a bearish outlook might even see BTCs recent $10,500 upswing as a significant bullish correction albeit in a continuation of a general downward trend.
On a bullish note, however, Bitcoin did not yet breach the previous low and bounced with a fair bit of strength from $7,390 up to $7,640.
Market analyst Keith Wareing meanwhile anticipated the drop, shorting BTC to the $7.4K level, and then immediately taking a long position.
Decided that shorting to $7,350 was the logical move after the support on the Bollinger Bands was broken on all major time frames, said Wareing. If $7350 wasnt to hold, Willy Woo and Tone Vays would be right, and as there are no pigs in the sky or ice in hell, I knew it was the bottom.
If Bitcoin continues to tumble, however, $7,230 may provide a bit of support. Although beyond that, not much buying strength exists before the $6K range.
If $6,000 breaks as easily as it did to the upside in May, however, significant support exists between $5,800 and $5,000 as the market spent considerable time in this region earlier in 2019.
Additionally, the 200-week moving average (MA) now sits at $4,890. At the bottom of the last bear market in 2018, Bitcoins 200-week MA acted as strong support near $3,200. BTC has not closed below its 200-week MA since 2015.
XTZ USD daily chart. Source: TradingView
Tezos (XTZ), on the other hand, was the only standout today gaining on news that the French army is using the Tezos blockchain. But the rally didnt last long. The staking-based digital asset saw a high of $1.30 before dropping down to $1.19 at press time.
- Bitcoin battered: The worst crypto catastrophes of 2019 - ZDNet - December 6th, 2019
- Theres Something Very Strange Going On With Bitcoin Futures - Forbes - December 6th, 2019
- Ethereum (ETH) Flirts With Key Resistance, Bitcoin Up 3% - newsBTC - December 6th, 2019
- Tim Draper Says His $250,000 Bitcoin Price Prediction Is Not Based on Halvening - U.Today - December 6th, 2019
- Now Is One of the Top 3 Greatest Buying Opportunities for Bitcoin: Analyst - CCN.com - December 6th, 2019
- Bitcoin's bumpy revolution may be only just beginning - The Independent - December 6th, 2019
- Bitcoin (BTC) gets $500 more expensive in a matter of minutes. Whales behind the move? - FXStreet - December 6th, 2019
- Florida company headquarters relocation stalled after Bitcoin bust - Orlando - Orlando Business Journal - December 6th, 2019
- Billionaire Ray Dalio on Bitcoin and Stablecoins: Possibly Never - U.Today - December 6th, 2019
- The Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin is in recovery mode ahead of the weekend - FXStreet - December 6th, 2019
- Bitcoin CME Futures Gaps Are Filled With 95% Certainty, But Trading Them Is Risky - newsBTC - December 6th, 2019
- Bitcoin Trades Range-Bound As Investors Wait And See - Forbes - December 5th, 2019
- Why a massive $9 billion of bitcoin moved in one hour - Decrypt - December 5th, 2019
- Prominent Investor Says Halving Won't Have a Big Impact on Bitcoin Price, Here's Why - Forbes - December 5th, 2019
- Crypto Is UnstoppableIs Bitcoin Really On The Cusp Of A Huge Santa Rally? - Forbes - December 5th, 2019
- 70 cryptocurrency hedge funds have closed so far this year, investors weary of Bitcoin - The Next Web - December 5th, 2019
- How the bitcoin market always overreacts - Decrypt - December 5th, 2019
- $60 million liquidated as Bitcoin pumps 8% in three minutes - Yahoo Finance - December 5th, 2019
- Bitcoin To Spend 2020 In Accumulation Mode, Ideal Buy Zone - newsBTC - December 5th, 2019
- Four Bitcoin lost on the Lightning Network finally recovered - Yahoo Finance - December 5th, 2019
- Danish bank staff banned from buying Bitcoin with their own money urged to dump holdings - The Next Web - December 5th, 2019
- Watch the first-ever bitcoin TV commercial launched in France - Fox Business - December 5th, 2019
- Peter Schiff on Bitcoin Price Drop: "Pump-and-Dumpers Are Losing Their Mojo" - U.Today - December 5th, 2019
- Is Bitcoin a better investment than gold, oil and stocks? - Decrypt - December 5th, 2019
- Bitcoin Blasts Past $7,500, but Bulls Are Not Out of the Woods Yet - U.Today - December 5th, 2019
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC/USD recovery stalled at $7,400 Confluence Detector - FXStreet - December 5th, 2019
- 24 Chinese nationals arrested in Thailand over alleged Bitcoin call center scam - The Next Web - December 5th, 2019
- Single Bitcoin Block Moves Funds the Size of Satoshi's Stash - Bitcoinist - December 5th, 2019
- Bitcoin (BTC) Relatively Muted, Signs of Further Weakness - newsBTC - December 5th, 2019
- Top 3 price prediction Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple: The calm before the storm - FXStreet - December 5th, 2019
- Bitcoin Ponzi Scheme That Keeps Dumping BTC Blamed for Bearish Price Action - U.Today - December 5th, 2019
- Voyager Pays Out the First Month of Interest to Bitcoin (BTC) Holders - SludgeFeed - December 5th, 2019
- Is This Why Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, And Ripples XRP Suddenly Rocketed Over Thanksgiving? - Forbes - December 2nd, 2019
- Two Years of Upside? Bitcoin Yearly Candles Hint Explosive Price Growth Incoming - newsBTC - December 2nd, 2019
- Calvin Ayre Increases Investment in Bitcoin SV Ecosystem with Funding for sCrypt Smart Contract Venture - PRNewswire - December 2nd, 2019
- How the Upcoming Bitcoin Halving Compares to Previous Cycles - Bitcoin News - December 2nd, 2019
- BitCoin and Cryptoasset Regulation: Recent Cases from Canada - JD Supra - December 2nd, 2019
- Understanding the distribution of the crypto market: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Cardano - FXStreet - December 2nd, 2019
- Vertcoin Network Sabotaged by Another 51% Attack - Bitcoin News - December 2nd, 2019
- Bitcoin Drops 4.53%, But Downtrend Has Cooled and Dominance is Now Heading Up | Coin Insider - Coin Insider - December 2nd, 2019
- Technical Weekly - Bitcoin bulls on thin ice; Altcoins mixed - FXStreet - December 2nd, 2019
- As Bitcoin Suddenly Bounces, A New Central Bank Crypto Rival Could End Evil Bitcoin - Forbes - December 2nd, 2019
- Here Are The Key Bitcoin Levels To Watch - Forbes - December 2nd, 2019
- Xi sees the future of China in the tech behind bitcoin - South China Morning Post - December 2nd, 2019
- How Bitcoin points to the future of decentralized protest - Decrypt - December 2nd, 2019
- Bitcoins Hash Rate is On the Decline; Heres What This Could Mean - Ethereum World News - December 2nd, 2019
- Sunday Digest: Bitcoin Price And Other Crypto News - Bitcoinist - December 2nd, 2019
- The reformation of Bitcoin - CoinGeek - December 2nd, 2019
- Bitcoin Has Wall Streets Love. But a Lack of Utility Means It Doesnt Have Investors. - Barron's - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin Isnt Dead But One Day You Will Be - Forbes - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin Could Be an Alternative to Endless Money Printing - BeInCrypto - November 30th, 2019
- Move Over Jack Dorsey And Elon Musk, Theres A New Bitcoin Believer In Silicon Valley - Forbes - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin Gets a Big Boost in Germany After Banks Allowed to Offer Cryptocurrencies - BeInCrypto - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin Cash can go up a thousand times from where it is now: 'Bitcoin Jesus' - CNBC - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin Gives the World Democratization of Savings Hedge Fund Exec - Cointelegraph - November 30th, 2019
- Zeitgeist and Bitcoin - Yahoo Finance - November 30th, 2019
- What the Fed Reserve's Balance Sheet Expansion Means for Bitcoin - Coindesk - November 30th, 2019
- Will Bitcoin Hit Peak Exhaustion in 2019 End? What Indicators Show - U.Today - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin Price Now Faces Its Do-or-Die Moment. Will It Drop to $6,200? - U.Today - November 30th, 2019
- Nobody knows what happened to this bitcoin exchange CEO - Decrypt - November 30th, 2019
- Forget the Noise; Traders Explain Why You Should Be Long-Term Bullish on Bitcoin - CCN.com - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin price: values show signing of recovery following slump - The Week UK - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin is hard to understand. So is its carbon footprint. - Grist - November 30th, 2019
- TV Host Refusing Free 100 Bitcoin Because Its Worthless Is Hypocritical - CCN.com - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin adoption to be driven by collateralized services: Max Keiser - AMBCrypto - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin Instead of Apartments: Director of Failed Property Developer Bought Crypto with Customers' D - U.Today - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoins Bounce Bumped Into The Resistance - Yahoo Finance - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin Fell 50% From Its 2019 High. Has It Bottomed Out? - Forbes - November 26th, 2019
- Bitcoin price suddenly surges amid positive predictions - The Independent - November 26th, 2019
- Bitcoin is Screaming to Investors That Volatility is Inbound - Forbes - November 26th, 2019
- 4 Possible Reasons Bitcoin Dropped to $6.5K, According to VanEck Exec - Cointelegraph - November 26th, 2019
- Bitcoin has crashed again little wonder as it fails every test to be considered a currency - The Independent - November 26th, 2019
- Latest Bitcoin Cash price and analysis (BCH to USD) - Yahoo Finance - November 26th, 2019
- Bitcoin Is Cratering Again, Some People Believe For The Last Time, Again - Dealbreaker - November 26th, 2019
- This Bitcoin Moving Average Can Help Determine the Direction of Trends, Claims Analyst - BeInCrypto - November 26th, 2019
- How to Earn and Spend Bitcoin on Black Friday 2019 - Coindesk - November 26th, 2019
- The ABCs of bitcoin ATM regulation and compliance in the US - ATM Marketplace - November 26th, 2019
- Bitcoin tipped to slide further to US$6,500 on China clampdown - South China Morning Post - November 26th, 2019
- Localethereum Becomes Localcryptos and Adds BTC Trading - Bitcoin News - November 26th, 2019
- Bitcoin Price Recovers Above $7,000 But Markets Shiver in Extreme Fear - CCN.com - November 26th, 2019