Four firms are controlling the Bitcoin mining rigs production industry. The biggest gainer? Obviously Bitmain, but who else is in charge of the chip production?
TokenInsight has prepared a report saying that by the end of 2020, these four firms will take complete control over the Bitcoin mining market. Those are the Bitmain, Ebang, Canaan, and MicroBT. During 2020, the companies will eat out 3 percent more from the mining markets cake. Now, they cumulatively control more than 95% of the network. By the end of 2020, 98% of the market will lie under the firms.
What will the miners do in such circumstances? They typically worry about centralization in the production of area-specific equipment (and code).
According to Johnson Xu, TokenInsight analyst, we can blame the network effect:
The top four companies consistently have had strong market power in the past; going into the future, this strong market power will translate into the dominant positions of the top four companies.
Considering that they already have 95% under control, the total power seizure is probably only a matter of time. Johnson Xu sees no possibility that some other companies will enter the field to compete. Cryptocurrencies have many underwater rocks and bugs that can jump out of the blue. Indeed, you can lose all the money or business thanks to a single weak line of code.
TokenInsight predicts that Bitmain will control 63% of the market, while now they have 55-58%. Canaans share will increase to 18%, while now they control 10-15%. Bitmain receives such high marks because they have recently withdrawn from the AI development. Xu notes that Bitmain considers AI as a high cost and low profitability venture. Once they finish restructuring business and assets, the market share will grow bigger because they have established names.
Also, Xu thinks Canaans market share is about to increase thanks to the IPO that the firm held back in 2019. As for MicroBT, they now have 20-25% of the market, but TokenInsight predicts that theyll lose positions down to having only around 10%. The issue is in the recent arrest of the companys founder. As for Ebang, they will keep control over the current 7% that they have.
When you try to sell mining rigs, you have to find special clients worldwide, convince them that youre not a scammer, and establish relationships with them. It is a very hard task and people will have to put a ton of time into logistics and marketing and a support department to power up sales. Bitmain already has all that, including the strong leader who can aim the companys ship in different directions, not only follow the iceberg-magnetic market trends.
Back in the old days, there were only Bitmain (and probably Bitfury) on the market. They were offering chips that exist. Since then, many of the firms took some of the Bitmains mining market share. However, Bitmain developed into the leading company in the industry, providing the best solutions for the best prices to people.
There are thousands of miners worldwide who wait, prey on and order equipment from China every time the company makes sell off party. However, the coronavirus effect may play bad jokes with Bitmain this year, as some of the key parts of the country locked down on quarantine.
Jeff Fawkes is a seasoned investment professional and a crypto analyst covering the blockchain space. He has a dual degree in Business Administration and Creative Writing and is passionate when it comes to how technology impacts our society.
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.
Read more from the original source:
Bitmain, Ebang, Canaan, and MicroBT to Cement Control over Bitcoin Mining Market in... - Coinspeaker
- Bitcoins Huge Surge This Week Could Be The Tip Of The Iceberg As Investors Recall 2017 Gold Rush - Forbes - April 5th, 2020
- The Price Of Gold And The Price Of Bitcoin - Forbes - April 5th, 2020
- Billionaire Optimistic on Bitcoin as a Flight to Safety - Cointelegraph - April 5th, 2020
- Bitcoins Hedging Performance in the Wake of the Coronavirus Outbreak - Cointelegraph - April 5th, 2020
- Bitcoin Flips Bullish But Heres Why BTC Price May Still Hit $3.9K - Cointelegraph - April 5th, 2020
- Bitcoin Showing Signs of Weakness But 100 SMA Can Trigger New Rally - newsBTC - April 5th, 2020
- Xapo moves $633 million Bitcoin for less than a pint of milk - Decrypt - April 5th, 2020
- Tidal Wave of Lawsuits Accuse Bitcoin (BTC) and Crypto Companies of Selling Unregistered Securities - The Daily Hodl - April 5th, 2020
- Here is why Bitcoin price is likely to be bullish - Cryptopolitan - April 5th, 2020
- Indians Own Bitcoin and Crypto Because Banks Are Incompetent: Survey - Coingape - April 5th, 2020
- Bitcoin (BTC) Is Doing Just Fine Compared to S&P 500 During COVID-19 Crisis. This Chart Shows Why - U.Today - April 5th, 2020
- Just One Major Cryptocurrency Is Outperforming Bitcoin Right Now And Its Climbing Fast - Forbes - April 3rd, 2020
- Ether-Bitcoin Price Volatility Spread Hits 4-Month Low - CoinDesk - April 3rd, 2020
- Bitcoin on the brink of major bullish breakout - Yahoo Finance - April 3rd, 2020
- $8.5K Then $3K This Traders Bitcoin Price Call Is Playing Out - Cointelegraph - April 3rd, 2020
- Bitcoin.com Fires 50% of Staff Ahead of BCH Halving - Bitcoinist - April 3rd, 2020
- Pressure Test That Signaled Bitcoin (BTC) Bull Run Flashing As Ethereum and XRP Hit Crucial Lines of Resistance - The Daily Hodl - April 3rd, 2020
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Targets $7,600 with Chance to Hit $8,900 Later - U.Today - April 3rd, 2020
- How COVID-19 Is Changing Narratives From Bitcoin to DeFi - CoinDesk - April 3rd, 2020
- Bitcoin's Safe-Haven Status Is Not Dead as Correlation to Gold Reaches New Highs: Report - U.Today - April 3rd, 2020
- Darknet and Bitcoin: Ominous trends affected by COVID-19? - Cryptopolitan - April 3rd, 2020
- Cryptocurrencies advance as Bitcoin was rejected at the $7.200 level - FXStreet - April 3rd, 2020
- CoinShares Strategist Meltem Demirors Issues Warning About Digital Dollar Its Everything Bitcoin Is Not - The Daily Hodl - April 3rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Climbs More Than 15% As Investors Flock To Safety - Forbes - April 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin Briefly Tops $7K as Traders Say Worst of 2020 Selloff May Have Passed - CoinDesk - April 2nd, 2020
- Heres Why Bitcoin Price Just Spiked to $7.3K, Liquidating $90M - Cointelegraph - April 2nd, 2020
- Crypto Traders See Bitcoin (But Not Ethereum) Surging To All-Time Highs In 2020Heres Why - Forbes - April 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin Closes Q1 With Historic Darth Maul Candle: Heres What it Means - newsBTC - April 2nd, 2020
- Could Coronavirus Kill the Bitcoin Mining Industry? - Finance Magnates - April 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Surges 9% And Will Set Up A Strong Rally IF We Can Close Above This Pattern - Coingape - April 2nd, 2020
- Revolut brings Bitcoin to all of its 7 million users - Decrypt - April 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin Stuck In Bearish Trend As The New Month Begins - Forbes - April 1st, 2020
- Bitcoin Takes Tumble, Traders Fret Correlation and Next Month's Halving - CoinDesk - April 1st, 2020
- A Bitcoin Bastion In The Wild West - Forbes - April 1st, 2020
- Bitcoin Bros Are Directing Their Powerful Computers Toward Coronavirus COVID-19 Research - Forbes - April 1st, 2020
- Massive $633 Million Bitcoin (BTC) Transaction Triggers Crypto Whale Alert - The Daily Hodl - April 1st, 2020
- Cryptocurrencies price prediction: Bitcoin, Ethereum & Litecoin - American Wrap - 01 April - FXStreet - April 1st, 2020
- Can Bitcoin Survive the Climate Change Revolution? - CoinDesk - April 1st, 2020
- Bitcoin Follows Stock Markets Higher; How Long Will They Move in Lockstep? - CoinDesk - April 1st, 2020
- Bitcoins on the Move Is BTC Price Inversely Correlated to Mempool Size? - Cointelegraph - April 1st, 2020
- Here's how much bitcoin beat the Dow and S&P 500 in the first quarter - CNBC - April 1st, 2020
- Bitcoin Holding Crucial Support: Heres What Could Propel it to $7K - newsBTC - April 1st, 2020
- Is Now the Time to Invest in Bitcoin? - Cointelegraph - April 1st, 2020
- This Crisis Is Good For Bitcoin, But Beware of Recession - Luno CEO - Cryptonews - April 1st, 2020
- Top Three Coins Price Prediction: Bitcoin bears take control while Ethereum and Ripple still remains in the green - FXStreet - April 1st, 2020
- Bitcoin Ascends on Twitter While Major Altcoins Hit Multi-Year Lows - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin Is a Safe Haven for a Worse Storm Than This - CoinDesk - March 27th, 2020
- Japanese Investors Rushed To Buy The Dip After Bitcoin Bloodbath - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin community responds to FDIC warning on bank run - Decrypt - March 27th, 2020
- Binance Reveals Visa Debit Card in Push to Bring Bitcoin (BTC) and Crypto Payments Worldwide - The Daily Hodl - March 27th, 2020
- Just Like Bitcoin Before It, Cardano Is Banned From Wikipedia - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- How would a US recession affect Bitcoin? - Decrypt - March 27th, 2020
- Are Miners Waiting for Bitcoin to Hit Breakeven Point? - Cryptonews - March 27th, 2020
- Feds Unlimited QE Places Spotlight on Bitcoin Store-of-Value Narrative - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Vitalik Proposes Solution to 'Embarrassing' Lack of BitcoinEthereum Bridge - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin Will "Come Of Age" During This Crisis: Top Investor Explains Why - Blockonomi - March 27th, 2020
- Algorithmic Crypto Art Changes Appearance to Reflect Bitcoin Volatility - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Heres How To Predict Major Moves In The Price Of Bitcoin - Forbes - March 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Just Reversed and Its Vulnerable To A Drop Towards $5,200 - newsBTC - March 23rd, 2020
- Did BTC Miners Crash Bitcoin Price With 51 Days Before the Halving? - Cointelegraph - March 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Bitcoin Steady Above $6,000, But Is It The Calm Before The Storm? - CryptoPotato - March 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Highly Correlated With HYG And IWM ETFs As Contagion Effect From Coronavirus Epidemic Spreads Across All Asset Classes - Forbes - March 23rd, 2020
- Top 3 Price Prediction Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple: A sea of red returns as weekend love disappears - FXStreet - March 23rd, 2020
- Tezos Foundation Offloaded Millions of Dollars Worth of Bitcoin in 2019: Report - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - March 23rd, 2020
- The Internet May Be Next Victim of Coronavirus Pandemic Netflix, Google, Apple and Amazon React - Bitcoin News - March 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Price (BTCUSD) is Off to a Bullish Start; Can It Sustain Gains Above $5,900.00? - InvestingCube - March 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Might Drop Beneath $4,800 Again If It Breaks THIS Short Term Trend Line - Coingape - March 21st, 2020
- Top 3 Coins Price Prediction: Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple consolidate their price following as bulls and bears wrestle for control - Confluence... - March 21st, 2020
- A factor that predicted the Bitcoin crash in 2018 suggests bullish action is ahead - CryptoSlate - March 21st, 2020
- Bitcoin's Difficulty on Track for Historic Drop, but There Is Silver Lining - U.Today - March 21st, 2020
- Bitcoin ranked on top 100 greatest designs of all time - Decrypt - March 21st, 2020
- The Puell Multiple Is Turning Bullish on Bitcoin - CoinDesk - Coindesk - March 20th, 2020
- Bitcoin Is Fast Approaching $7,000Heres Why - Forbes - March 20th, 2020
- Contrary To Popular Belief, Bitcoin Isn't Consistently Correlated To Anything - Forbes - March 20th, 2020
- Bitcoins Magic Is Fading, And Thats A Good Thing - Forbes - March 20th, 2020
- Bitcoin Rally Leaves Stocks In The Dust - Forbes - March 20th, 2020
- Coronavirus is forcing fans of Bitcoin to realize its not a safe haven after all - MIT Technology Review - March 20th, 2020
- Bitcoin Is Back In Free Fall And Dropping FastHeres Why - Forbes - March 20th, 2020
- Top Analyst Explains Why Bitcoin Price is Up 78% amid Coronavirus Outbreak - newsBTC - March 20th, 2020
- A Treatise on Bitcoin and Privacy Part 2: Dont Be Misled by Red Herrings - Nasdaq - March 20th, 2020