The cryptocurrency market appears to have started the week on a positive posture as the top cryptos by market cap are already posting significant gains. Now, some of the most prominent technical analysts in the industry have laid out their perspectives about Bitcoin, Ethereum, and XRP. The following technical analysis evaluates what these chartist have to say.
In a recent tweet, 45-year trading veteran Peter Brandt pointed out that there are many reasons to believe that the uptrend Bitcoin entered since the beginning of the year could continue unfolding.
Despite the 10 percent plunge that the flagship cryptocurrency suffered recently, Brandt maintains that there is a significant level of support around $8,400. This price hurdle is defined by the upper boundary of a descending parallel channel, the 18-day moving average, and the 3-day trailing stop rule, according to the analyst.
If this support level fails to contain the price of BTC, then Brandt expects that a more serious correction could take place.
The moving averages on BTCs 1-day chart tell a similar story. Bitcoin is sitting at a pivotal point as it continues to trade within the 200 and 150-day moving averages. The pioneer cryptocurrency has been contained within this trading range since Jan. 13. As a result, it can be considered that a daily candlestick close above or below this area could likely determine where it is heading next.
On the upside, a spike in demand could take Bitcoin to break above the 200-day moving average. Turning this significant resistance level into support could be one of the strongest signals that BTC is about to enter a major bull rally.
Conversely, if the selling pressure increases and BTC breaks below the 150-day moving average it could try to test the next level of support provided by the 50-day moving average. This price barrier sits at $7,750.
Michal van de Poppe, a full time trader based in Amsterdam, believes that an interesting week is coming up for Ethereum. According to the chartist, Ether is looking way better than Bitcoin due to the recent support and resistance flip.
The fact that ETH was able to bounce off the $155 support level strongly, leads Poppe to believe that it could now be heading to the next level of resistance that sits around $194.60.
Such an optimistic scenario, as the one presented by Poppe, seems extremely possible. The recent correction took Ethereum down to test the middle Bollinger band. Since this support level was able to prevent ETH from dropping further, a rebound to the upper Bollinger band could be expected.
Additionally, the TD sequential indicator presented a buy signal the moment the current green two candlestick began trading above the preceding green one candle. This bullish formation could be estimating that the correction is over and now ETH is bound for another upswing. At the moment, the risk like sits at $194, which coincides with Poppes bullish target.
IntoTheBlocks In/Out Money model estimates that if Ethereum indeed continues its uptrend, the next major point of resistance sits at approximately $190. This technical tool considers the distribution of Ether throughout individual wallets based on the current price.
Under this premise, there are 3.43 million addresses with balances between $180 and $205 containing 8.56 million ETH, which could serve as resistance. However, if the bullish impulse is strong enough to break through this barrier, the next significant level of resistance sits around $205 and $253. There are over 4 million addresses carrying nearly 11.7 million ETH around this price level.
On the downside, there is an important level of support between $143.50 and $163.60, since 2.7 million addresses are holding 16.81 million ETH.
CryptoBull maintains that XRP is preparing for a parabolic advance. The analyst explained that the moving average convergence divergence (MACD) is printing the same sequence as it usually does before this crypto enters a bull trend, based on the 1-week chart. Now, he is waiting for the 50 and 100-week moving averages to form a golden cross, which could serve as the last piece of information needed to confirm a potential rally.
Despite CryptoBulls bullish outlook, the TD sequential indicator is currently presenting a sell signal on XRPs 3-day chart. The bearish formation is a green nine candlestick that transitioned into a red one candle. This technical index estimates that a spike in sell orders could trigger a one to four candlestick correction or the beginning of a new bearish countdown.
Due to the ambiguity that XRP presents, the trading range between $0.218 and $0.245 is a reasonable no-trade zone. Breaking above or below this consolidation area could determine where XRP is heading next.
If the buying pressure behind this cryptocurrency increases allowing it to breakout of the no-trade zone in an upward direction, the next significant level of resistance to consider sits at $0.30. Nonetheless, an increase in the selling pressure behind XRP could take it to test the $0.20 support level.
Based on the point of view of the analysts mentioned above, it seems like the top three cryptocurrencies by market cap are about to resume their uptrend. If their respective support levels are able to hold, then they could be about to go through an interesting week as Michal van de Poppe stated. Nevertheless, it remains to be seen whether a spike in volume would allow XRP to invalidate the bearish outlook presented by the TD sequential indicator allowing it to surge as it is expected for the rest of the market.
View original post here:
Renowned analysts comment on Bitcoin, Ethereum, and XRP as the uptrend resumes - CryptoSlate
- Bitcoin Ascends on Twitter While Major Altcoins Hit Multi-Year Lows - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin Is a Safe Haven for a Worse Storm Than This - CoinDesk - March 27th, 2020
- Japanese Investors Rushed To Buy The Dip After Bitcoin Bloodbath - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin community responds to FDIC warning on bank run - Decrypt - March 27th, 2020
- Binance Reveals Visa Debit Card in Push to Bring Bitcoin (BTC) and Crypto Payments Worldwide - The Daily Hodl - March 27th, 2020
- Just Like Bitcoin Before It, Cardano Is Banned From Wikipedia - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- How would a US recession affect Bitcoin? - Decrypt - March 27th, 2020
- Are Miners Waiting for Bitcoin to Hit Breakeven Point? - Cryptonews - March 27th, 2020
- Feds Unlimited QE Places Spotlight on Bitcoin Store-of-Value Narrative - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Vitalik Proposes Solution to 'Embarrassing' Lack of BitcoinEthereum Bridge - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin Will "Come Of Age" During This Crisis: Top Investor Explains Why - Blockonomi - March 27th, 2020
- Algorithmic Crypto Art Changes Appearance to Reflect Bitcoin Volatility - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Heres How To Predict Major Moves In The Price Of Bitcoin - Forbes - March 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Just Reversed and Its Vulnerable To A Drop Towards $5,200 - newsBTC - March 23rd, 2020
- Did BTC Miners Crash Bitcoin Price With 51 Days Before the Halving? - Cointelegraph - March 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Bitcoin Steady Above $6,000, But Is It The Calm Before The Storm? - CryptoPotato - March 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Highly Correlated With HYG And IWM ETFs As Contagion Effect From Coronavirus Epidemic Spreads Across All Asset Classes - Forbes - March 23rd, 2020
- Top 3 Price Prediction Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple: A sea of red returns as weekend love disappears - FXStreet - March 23rd, 2020
- Tezos Foundation Offloaded Millions of Dollars Worth of Bitcoin in 2019: Report - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - March 23rd, 2020
- The Internet May Be Next Victim of Coronavirus Pandemic Netflix, Google, Apple and Amazon React - Bitcoin News - March 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Price (BTCUSD) is Off to a Bullish Start; Can It Sustain Gains Above $5,900.00? - InvestingCube - March 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Might Drop Beneath $4,800 Again If It Breaks THIS Short Term Trend Line - Coingape - March 21st, 2020
- Top 3 Coins Price Prediction: Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple consolidate their price following as bulls and bears wrestle for control - Confluence... - March 21st, 2020
- A factor that predicted the Bitcoin crash in 2018 suggests bullish action is ahead - CryptoSlate - March 21st, 2020
- Bitcoin's Difficulty on Track for Historic Drop, but There Is Silver Lining - U.Today - March 21st, 2020
- Bitcoin ranked on top 100 greatest designs of all time - Decrypt - March 21st, 2020
- The Puell Multiple Is Turning Bullish on Bitcoin - CoinDesk - Coindesk - March 20th, 2020
- Bitcoin Is Fast Approaching $7,000Heres Why - Forbes - March 20th, 2020
- Contrary To Popular Belief, Bitcoin Isn't Consistently Correlated To Anything - Forbes - March 20th, 2020
- Bitcoins Magic Is Fading, And Thats A Good Thing - Forbes - March 20th, 2020
- Bitcoin Rally Leaves Stocks In The Dust - Forbes - March 20th, 2020
- Coronavirus is forcing fans of Bitcoin to realize its not a safe haven after all - MIT Technology Review - March 20th, 2020
- Bitcoin Is Back In Free Fall And Dropping FastHeres Why - Forbes - March 20th, 2020
- Top Analyst Explains Why Bitcoin Price is Up 78% amid Coronavirus Outbreak - newsBTC - March 20th, 2020
- A Treatise on Bitcoin and Privacy Part 2: Dont Be Misled by Red Herrings - Nasdaq - March 20th, 2020
- Here's Why Grayscale Bitcoin Trust Is Rising Today - Motley Fool - March 20th, 2020
- Bitcoin (BTC) Bulls Say It's Time for 'Plan B' as Fed Ramps Up Repo Operations - U.Today - March 20th, 2020
- All You Need to Know About Bitcoin Wallets in... - Coinspeaker - March 20th, 2020
- Heres Why Bitcoins 15% Rally Could Fail Near The Key $6,500 Barrier - newsBTC - March 20th, 2020
- Bitcoin [BTC] Gains Expected as Unemployment Claims Soar in the US - Coingape - March 20th, 2020
- Heres What Caused Bitcoins Extreme Price Plunge - Forbes - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin Sees 9% Gain as Turmoil Hits the Forex Markets - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin loses half of its value in two-day plunge - CNBC - March 19th, 2020
- Here is the real reason behind Bitcoin price drop - Cryptopolitan - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin, Not Governments Will Save the World After Crisis, Tim Draper Says - Cointelegraph - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin Lost Roughly 50% Of Its Value In A Day - Forbes - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Briefly Dips to 12-Month Low in Overnight Trading - CoinDesk - Coindesk - March 19th, 2020
- Despite Bitcoin Price Dips, Crypto Is a Safe Haven in the Middle East - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - March 19th, 2020
- What Bitcoin Price Would Be If Every American Invested $1K - Bitcoinist - March 19th, 2020
- Tether is Now Printing Millions, and Thats Huge for Bitcoin - newsBTC - March 19th, 2020
- Cyperpunk Myths and Bitcoin in Real Life with Udi Wetheimer - Coindesk - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin Lacks Momentum And A Break Below $5K Could Be Trend Defining - newsBTC - March 19th, 2020
- Experts Say the Fed's QE Program Will Strengthen Bitcoin One Way or Another - CoinDesk - Coindesk - March 19th, 2020
- Why Bitcoin's Safe-Haven Narrative Has Flown Out the Window - CoinDesk - Coindesk - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin Safe Haven Narrative in Question After Biggest Drop in 7 Years - Cointelegraph - March 19th, 2020
- 2 Months Ago, Andreas Antonopoulos Explained Why Bitcoin Would Crash - Cointelegraph - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Is This The Day Bitcoin Had Been Waiting For 11 Years? - CryptoPotato - March 19th, 2020
- Investors Can Hedge Long-Term Risk With New 2-Year Bitcoin Derivatives - CoinDesk - Coindesk - March 19th, 2020
- Lost Your Bitcoin? Here Is How You Can Recover It - Bitcoinist - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin & Gold Are Doing the Same Thing in Coronavirus Crisis: Pomp - Cointelegraph - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin is dead, long live Bitcoin - Decrypt - March 19th, 2020
- Ripple Executive Says Bitcoin, Ethereum and XRP Represent First Wave in Deconstruction of Finance - The Daily Hodl - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin and Altcoins Correct Gains - Cryptonews - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin Live: How to Watch the Next Price Run or Crash in Real-Time - Bitcoin News - March 19th, 2020
- Indian Government Reveals Inspection of Bitcoin Businesses, Informs Parliament of Results - Bitcoin News - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Is Now Up Just 9% This Year - CoinDesk - Coindesk - March 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin Steadies as Bank of England Suddenly Cuts Rates to 11-Year Low - Cointelegraph - March 11th, 2020
- Is Bitcoin Really A Safe-Haven Asset? - Forbes - March 11th, 2020
- What the Oil Market Says About Bitcoin's 'Safe Haven' Status - CoinDesk - Coindesk - March 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin can still be a safe haven, experts say - Decrypt - March 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency in Focus: Outbreak Takes Toll on Bitcoin - TheStreet - March 11th, 2020
- Retail Demand May Force the SEC to Approve a Bitcoin ETF - Cointelegraph - March 11th, 2020
- The Simpsons Correctly Called President TrumpDid It Just Predict When Bitcoin Will Go Mainstream? - Forbes - March 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin Is Still Failing As A Flight To Safety Investment - Benzinga - March 11th, 2020
- Lightning-Fast New Bitcoin.com Wallet Proves Popular With Over 10 Million Wallets Created - Bitcoin News - March 11th, 2020
- Proving That Tether Manipulated Bitcoin 2017 Bull Run Wont Be Easy - Cointelegraph - March 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Elliott Wave Theory suggests price could fall further - FXStreet - March 11th, 2020
- Tezos Price Makes Gigantic Steps Eyeing $3.0 As Bitcoin Price Deals With Rejection At $8,000 - Coingape - March 11th, 2020
- Interlay Receives Web3 Foundation Grant for Bridging Bitcoin to Polkadot - Cointelegraph - March 7th, 2020
- Bitcoin's $9,000 Price Stays Steady as Sentiment Stays Positive - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - March 7th, 2020