Cryptocurrency traders have been staying cautiously optimistic as we enter the final trading month of the year. The prices of bitcoin briefly touched 7800 levels over the weekend before sheltering in the 7500 area. We've also seen the same mixed sentiment in the altcoin space, as ETH and XRP gained about 1.5%, while LTC and ATOM gave up less than 2% of their values.
The mixed sentiment in the crypto market also illustrated in market data. Data from OKEx shows that futures contracts traders have been holding a split view on BTC, with the Long/Short Ratio hovered in the 1 area.
However, another set of data shows that investors have been reluctant to enter the market despite market sentiment has slightly rebounded. The latest reading of the Sentix Bitcoin Sentiment Index has rebounded from last week's -34 percentage points to -22percentage points.
Patrick Hussy, Managing Director at CEFA, believes that "fears remain in the market that the sell-off could continue." Although extreme fear usually indicates a price rebound, Hussy said he hadn't seen indications that show investors' willingness to buy. Bitcoin bulls may have to be patient before the next significant price increase can take place.
US investors are expected to return into the market as Thanksgiving weekend wrapped up, crypto watchers may want to refocus on the overall trade volume, and the potential changes in the momentum and market dynamic.
Facebook's Libra project may face additional regulatory hurdles as US laand ATOM gave up less than 2% of their values.wmakers have been pushing to classify stablecoins as securities. The obstacle came at the time when Libra has been in consideration of embracing fiat-pegged stablecoins model, rather than a single token supported by a basket of national currencies. Libra Association insisted that the project is a commodity.
Banks in Germany may soon be allowed to sell and store crypto assets. That's according to a local newspaper. Handelsblatt reports that the Bundestag has passed a new bill that implements the fourth EU Money Laundering Directive, which allows banks to have access to crypto-assets. The bill is expected to be signed off by the nation's 16 states.
Investors in Canada are one step closer to see public-traded bitcoin funds as soon as late December. Canadian investment fund 3iQ told Coindesk that the company is expected to list the fund on TSX or TSX Venture in late December or early January. The firm claims the IPO would be the "world's first regulated closed-end bitcoin exchange-traded product."
As previously discussed in our publication
BTC seems has found another 3-hour leg of support, which is higher than the previous lows. At this point, the 23.6% Fibonacci Retracement must be further tested before another attempt at the upper end of the uptrend.
We believe that momentum would be the key of BTC to hold up at current levels or further push up, as both UO and RSI suggest that momentum has been somewhat losing out.
If the lower end of the channel is compromised, the retest of the support near 6850 should not be ruled out.
Key levels: 7455, 6850
EOSBTC has formed a 6-hour double bottom reversal in late November and started a rally from there. A similar pattern has occurred back in early November, which sent the price to nearly 0.0004 levels.
The thin confidence in the BTC should able to provide some rooms for altcoins speculations, and EOS could be one of them.
If the momentum is sustainable, the pair could test the 0.00039 area, which is the support- turned-resistance levels.
Besides, the 6-hour 10-SMA has surged above the 50-SMA recently, it has been getting closer to the 200-SMA, and a 6-hour "golden cross" could be in the making.
Key levels: 0.00039, 0.00037
ATOM has been one of the recent gainers in the altcoin space, as ATOMUSDT has been rally since November 22.
However, we've seen a mixed signal from here. While the lower end of the 3-hour rally channel seems like decent support, the ultimate oscillator was unable to produce some higher lows. At the same time, the RSI has made a more obvious rebound.
The chance of retest the support of the uptrend should not be eliminated; however, the double top formation could limit the upside from here.
Key levels: 3.6, 4.1
LINKUSDT is set to test the support of a long-term trend line. The green line in the chart below is the support of the pair, which started in May 2019.
Momentum indicators and the price have shown divergence since mid-October, an expected price correction occurred in mid-November.
The correction also makes the case of a daily "death cross" more likely, which is the 10-day moving average is likely to break below the 200-day moving average. However, unlike the name suggests, a short-term price rebound usually occurs after a death cross happened shortly.
Key levels: 2.36, 2.02, 2.01.
- Bitcoin: Why You Need It - Forbes - December 7th, 2019
- Prominent Analyst: Bitcoin Likely on Cusp of Making a Major Price Movement - newsBTC - December 7th, 2019
- If Bitcoin Looks Like It Isnt Trading, Its Because It Isnt - The Wall Street Journal - December 7th, 2019
- Facebook, Yahoo, And MSN Users Warned Over Serious New $250,000 Bitcoin Scam - Forbes - December 7th, 2019
- Bitcoin price prediction: BTC/USD consolidates its position above the $7,500-level - FXStreet - December 7th, 2019
- The North American Bitcoin Conference Returns - Bitcoin News - December 7th, 2019
- Almost $9 Bln in Bitcoin Transferred, Reports Whale Alert, XRP Can't Do That, Bitcoiner Says - U.Today - December 7th, 2019
- Bitcoin battered: The worst crypto catastrophes of 2019 - ZDNet - December 6th, 2019
- Theres Something Very Strange Going On With Bitcoin Futures - Forbes - December 6th, 2019
- Ethereum (ETH) Flirts With Key Resistance, Bitcoin Up 3% - newsBTC - December 6th, 2019
- Tim Draper Says His $250,000 Bitcoin Price Prediction Is Not Based on Halvening - U.Today - December 6th, 2019
- Now Is One of the Top 3 Greatest Buying Opportunities for Bitcoin: Analyst - CCN.com - December 6th, 2019
- Bitcoin's bumpy revolution may be only just beginning - The Independent - December 6th, 2019
- Bitcoin (BTC) gets $500 more expensive in a matter of minutes. Whales behind the move? - FXStreet - December 6th, 2019
- Florida company headquarters relocation stalled after Bitcoin bust - Orlando - Orlando Business Journal - December 6th, 2019
- Billionaire Ray Dalio on Bitcoin and Stablecoins: Possibly Never - U.Today - December 6th, 2019
- The Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin is in recovery mode ahead of the weekend - FXStreet - December 6th, 2019
- Bitcoin CME Futures Gaps Are Filled With 95% Certainty, But Trading Them Is Risky - newsBTC - December 6th, 2019
- Bitcoin Trades Range-Bound As Investors Wait And See - Forbes - December 5th, 2019
- Why a massive $9 billion of bitcoin moved in one hour - Decrypt - December 5th, 2019
- Prominent Investor Says Halving Won't Have a Big Impact on Bitcoin Price, Here's Why - Forbes - December 5th, 2019
- Crypto Is UnstoppableIs Bitcoin Really On The Cusp Of A Huge Santa Rally? - Forbes - December 5th, 2019
- 70 cryptocurrency hedge funds have closed so far this year, investors weary of Bitcoin - The Next Web - December 5th, 2019
- How the bitcoin market always overreacts - Decrypt - December 5th, 2019
- $60 million liquidated as Bitcoin pumps 8% in three minutes - Yahoo Finance - December 5th, 2019
- Bitcoin To Spend 2020 In Accumulation Mode, Ideal Buy Zone - newsBTC - December 5th, 2019
- Four Bitcoin lost on the Lightning Network finally recovered - Yahoo Finance - December 5th, 2019
- Danish bank staff banned from buying Bitcoin with their own money urged to dump holdings - The Next Web - December 5th, 2019
- Watch the first-ever bitcoin TV commercial launched in France - Fox Business - December 5th, 2019
- Peter Schiff on Bitcoin Price Drop: "Pump-and-Dumpers Are Losing Their Mojo" - U.Today - December 5th, 2019
- Is Bitcoin a better investment than gold, oil and stocks? - Decrypt - December 5th, 2019
- Bitcoin Blasts Past $7,500, but Bulls Are Not Out of the Woods Yet - U.Today - December 5th, 2019
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC/USD recovery stalled at $7,400 Confluence Detector - FXStreet - December 5th, 2019
- 24 Chinese nationals arrested in Thailand over alleged Bitcoin call center scam - The Next Web - December 5th, 2019
- Single Bitcoin Block Moves Funds the Size of Satoshi's Stash - Bitcoinist - December 5th, 2019
- Bitcoin (BTC) Relatively Muted, Signs of Further Weakness - newsBTC - December 5th, 2019
- Top 3 price prediction Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple: The calm before the storm - FXStreet - December 5th, 2019
- Bitcoin Ponzi Scheme That Keeps Dumping BTC Blamed for Bearish Price Action - U.Today - December 5th, 2019
- Voyager Pays Out the First Month of Interest to Bitcoin (BTC) Holders - SludgeFeed - December 5th, 2019
- Is This Why Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, And Ripples XRP Suddenly Rocketed Over Thanksgiving? - Forbes - December 2nd, 2019
- Two Years of Upside? Bitcoin Yearly Candles Hint Explosive Price Growth Incoming - newsBTC - December 2nd, 2019
- Calvin Ayre Increases Investment in Bitcoin SV Ecosystem with Funding for sCrypt Smart Contract Venture - PRNewswire - December 2nd, 2019
- How the Upcoming Bitcoin Halving Compares to Previous Cycles - Bitcoin News - December 2nd, 2019
- BitCoin and Cryptoasset Regulation: Recent Cases from Canada - JD Supra - December 2nd, 2019
- Understanding the distribution of the crypto market: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Cardano - FXStreet - December 2nd, 2019
- Vertcoin Network Sabotaged by Another 51% Attack - Bitcoin News - December 2nd, 2019
- Bitcoin Drops 4.53%, But Downtrend Has Cooled and Dominance is Now Heading Up | Coin Insider - Coin Insider - December 2nd, 2019
- As Bitcoin Suddenly Bounces, A New Central Bank Crypto Rival Could End Evil Bitcoin - Forbes - December 2nd, 2019
- Here Are The Key Bitcoin Levels To Watch - Forbes - December 2nd, 2019
- Xi sees the future of China in the tech behind bitcoin - South China Morning Post - December 2nd, 2019
- How Bitcoin points to the future of decentralized protest - Decrypt - December 2nd, 2019
- Bitcoins Hash Rate is On the Decline; Heres What This Could Mean - Ethereum World News - December 2nd, 2019
- Sunday Digest: Bitcoin Price And Other Crypto News - Bitcoinist - December 2nd, 2019
- The reformation of Bitcoin - CoinGeek - December 2nd, 2019
- Bitcoin Has Wall Streets Love. But a Lack of Utility Means It Doesnt Have Investors. - Barron's - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin Isnt Dead But One Day You Will Be - Forbes - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin Could Be an Alternative to Endless Money Printing - BeInCrypto - November 30th, 2019
- Move Over Jack Dorsey And Elon Musk, Theres A New Bitcoin Believer In Silicon Valley - Forbes - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin Gets a Big Boost in Germany After Banks Allowed to Offer Cryptocurrencies - BeInCrypto - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin Cash can go up a thousand times from where it is now: 'Bitcoin Jesus' - CNBC - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin Gives the World Democratization of Savings Hedge Fund Exec - Cointelegraph - November 30th, 2019
- Zeitgeist and Bitcoin - Yahoo Finance - November 30th, 2019
- What the Fed Reserve's Balance Sheet Expansion Means for Bitcoin - Coindesk - November 30th, 2019
- Will Bitcoin Hit Peak Exhaustion in 2019 End? What Indicators Show - U.Today - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin Price Now Faces Its Do-or-Die Moment. Will It Drop to $6,200? - U.Today - November 30th, 2019
- Nobody knows what happened to this bitcoin exchange CEO - Decrypt - November 30th, 2019
- Forget the Noise; Traders Explain Why You Should Be Long-Term Bullish on Bitcoin - CCN.com - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin price: values show signing of recovery following slump - The Week UK - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin is hard to understand. So is its carbon footprint. - Grist - November 30th, 2019
- TV Host Refusing Free 100 Bitcoin Because Its Worthless Is Hypocritical - CCN.com - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin adoption to be driven by collateralized services: Max Keiser - AMBCrypto - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin Instead of Apartments: Director of Failed Property Developer Bought Crypto with Customers' D - U.Today - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoins Bounce Bumped Into The Resistance - Yahoo Finance - November 30th, 2019
- Bitcoin Fell 50% From Its 2019 High. Has It Bottomed Out? - Forbes - November 26th, 2019
- Bitcoin price suddenly surges amid positive predictions - The Independent - November 26th, 2019
- Bitcoin is Screaming to Investors That Volatility is Inbound - Forbes - November 26th, 2019
- 4 Possible Reasons Bitcoin Dropped to $6.5K, According to VanEck Exec - Cointelegraph - November 26th, 2019
- Bitcoin has crashed again little wonder as it fails every test to be considered a currency - The Independent - November 26th, 2019
- Latest Bitcoin Cash price and analysis (BCH to USD) - Yahoo Finance - November 26th, 2019
- Bitcoin Is Cratering Again, Some People Believe For The Last Time, Again - Dealbreaker - November 26th, 2019