Spot registration is allowed for the fourth Edition of The Hindu In School Chess Tournament on Sunday at the Centre for Advanced Learning (CFAL), Bejai.
The tournament is open to students from Dakshina Kannada, Udupi, Shivamogga, Chikkamagaluru, and Kodagu districts.
The tournament starts at 9.30 a.m. and will be conducted for boys and girls separately under three categories under 11, under 13 and under 15 on a Swiss league basis. Entry fee is 150 per participant.
Spot entries will be accepted till 9 a.m. Participants should bring their own boards and clocks. They have to produce the printout of the payment acknowledgement for online registration along with the school identity card at the venue.
The top three winners of each category in boys and girls will get tropies, cash prizes, and a certificate. Those getting the next seven places will receive medals and certificates while all participants would get participation certificates.
SyndicateBank is the associate partner of the event and Corporation Bank, CFAL, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. are the regional partners.
For registration please call, Surendra Shetty-9448279124, M.S. Madhava-9035566695 or The Hindu office -0824-2417575 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have reached your limit for free articles this month.
Register to The Hindu for free and get unlimited access for 30 days.
Find mobile-friendly version of articles from the day's newspaper in one easy-to-read list.
Enjoy reading as many articles as you wish without any limitations.
A select list of articles that match your interests and tastes.
Move smoothly between articles as our pages load instantly.
A one-stop-shop for seeing the latest updates, and managing your preferences.
We brief you on the latest and most important developments, three times a day.
Not convinced? Know why you should pay for news.
*Our Digital Subscription plans do not currently include the e-paper ,crossword, iPhone, iPad mobile applications and print. Our plans enhance your reading experience.
The Hindu in School Chess contest tomorrow - The Hindu
- Anand, the author, is just loving it - The Hindu - February 10th, 2020
- Watch Clips From Japan Production of Chess, Starring Ramin Karimloo and Samantha Barks - Playbill.com - January 30th, 2020
- Ramin Karimloo and Samantha Barks Star in Chess, Beginning January 25 in Japan - Playbill.com - January 30th, 2020
- Chess Houseboat 2020 begins - The Hindu - January 30th, 2020
- Iranian chess referee Shohreh Bayat remains scared to return home to her family over headscarf controversy - CNN International - January 23rd, 2020
- Iranian chess referee frightened to return home after headscarf controversary - The Women Journal - January 23rd, 2020
- SLU Chess Looks Ahead to Final Four - The University News - January 23rd, 2020
- Good turnout for The Hindu in School chess event - The Hindu - January 20th, 2020
- Iranian chess ref in trouble over attire - Bangkok Post - January 19th, 2020
- Watch Ramin Karimloo and Samantha Barks Belt Out Chess Tunes in Rehearsal for Japan Production - Playbill.com - January 19th, 2020
- Iranian chess referee afraid to return home after being accused of violating dress code - Haaretz - January 19th, 2020
- Putin moves the first chess piece in what many see as a grand power-grab strategy - 41 NBC News - January 19th, 2020
- Letter to the editor: More people should learn to play chess - TribLIVE - January 16th, 2020
- The Rolling Stones No.2: Mick And Keiths Love Letter To Chess Records - uDiscover Music - January 16th, 2020
- Iranian Chess Referee Fears of Returning Home After Removing Her Hijab - Al-Bawaba - January 16th, 2020
- Chess grandmaster: AI wont cause the downfall of mankind - Fox Business - January 12th, 2020
- In chess game with Iran, Trump has only bad options - Haaretz - January 3rd, 2020
- Chess builds up a lot of tension, you are constantly lost in your own thoughts: Viswanathan Anand - India Today - December 31st, 2019
- Chess Team Makes Right Moves at Pan-Am, Advances to Final Four - University of Texas at Dallas - December 31st, 2019
- Raunak shines in World blitz chess too, secures a higher finish - Times of India - December 31st, 2019
- Jan. 6, 13, and 27 Berkley Chess Club Oakland County - Oakland County 115 News - December 31st, 2019
- Solve issues or else will act: Ministry to chess body - The New Indian Express - December 31st, 2019
- Top chess player reportedly won't play for Iran due to ban on Israeli players - NBCNews.com - December 25th, 2019
- King Salman World Rapid and Blitz Chess Championships set to begin - Insidethegames.biz - December 25th, 2019
- I keep a straight face but there is turmoil within: Viswanathan Anand - Times of India - December 20th, 2019
- ASX to farewell Itanium as it stops playing CHESS - iTnews - December 18th, 2019
- Schumer and McConnell Play Chess Over Impeachment Trial Rules - New York Magazine - December 17th, 2019
- Chess helps to transform lives of people with disabilities - Anadolu Agency - December 17th, 2019
- Maestros look to checkmate disability at National School Chess Championship for the Blind - Hindustan Times - December 17th, 2019
- Chess contest witnesses clash of minds - The Hindu - December 12th, 2019
- Ravens: Spassky vs Fischer review game of chess is a cold war thriller - The Guardian - December 10th, 2019