Spot registration is allowed for the fourth Edition of The Hindu In School Chess Tournament on Sunday at the Centre for Advanced Learning (CFAL), Bejai.
The tournament is open to students from Dakshina Kannada, Udupi, Shivamogga, Chikkamagaluru, and Kodagu districts.
The tournament starts at 9.30 a.m. and will be conducted for boys and girls separately under three categories under 11, under 13 and under 15 on a Swiss league basis. Entry fee is 150 per participant.
Spot entries will be accepted till 9 a.m. Participants should bring their own boards and clocks. They have to produce the printout of the payment acknowledgement for online registration along with the school identity card at the venue.
The top three winners of each category in boys and girls will get tropies, cash prizes, and a certificate. Those getting the next seven places will receive medals and certificates while all participants would get participation certificates.
SyndicateBank is the associate partner of the event and Corporation Bank, CFAL, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. are the regional partners.
For registration please call, Surendra Shetty-9448279124, M.S. Madhava-9035566695 or The Hindu office -0824-2417575 or email us at email@example.com.
You have reached your limit for free articles this month.
Register to The Hindu for free and get unlimited access for 30 days.
Find mobile-friendly version of articles from the day's newspaper in one easy-to-read list.
Enjoy reading as many articles as you wish without any limitations.
A select list of articles that match your interests and tastes.
Move smoothly between articles as our pages load instantly.
A one-stop-shop for seeing the latest updates, and managing your preferences.
We brief you on the latest and most important developments, three times a day.
Not convinced? Know why you should pay for news.
*Our Digital Subscription plans do not currently include the e-paper ,crossword, iPhone, iPad mobile applications and print. Our plans enhance your reading experience.
The Hindu in School Chess contest tomorrow - The Hindu
- Indian GM Iniyan wins World Open online chess - The Tribune India - September 4th, 2020
- Norway Chess to be 1st over-the-board super-tournament since March - chess24 - August 22nd, 2020
- Chess: Why hasnt India produced another Viswanathan Anand? - Livemint - August 22nd, 2020
- Chess Market COVID-19 Impacts to 2020-2027 | The House of Staunton, ChessSUA, CNCHESS, ChessBaron - Scientect - August 22nd, 2020
- Announcing the 2020-2021 US Chess Executive Board | US Chess.org - uschess.org - August 22nd, 2020
- Humpy: China will pose tough challenge in Chess Olympiad - Sportstar - August 22nd, 2020
- World's Best Chess Player: Bitcoin Empowers Individuals to Be More Than Just Pawns to Reckless Governments | Jeffrey Gogo - Foundation for Economic - August 22nd, 2020
- Chess.com Signs Esports Talent Agency Rumble Gaming to Enhance Sponsorship, Broadcast Strategy - TEO - The Esports Observer - August 16th, 2020
- Did Lincoln Riley respond to Texas landing QB Quinn Ewers with chess tweet? - Larry Brown Sports - August 16th, 2020
- Young to launch National Online Blitz chess championships - manilastandard.net - August 16th, 2020
- ASX set to move into industry-wide testing of blockchain-based settelement system - Finextra - August 6th, 2020
- Alisa Melekhina on her Chess Origins and A Capablanca Gem [VIDEO] - uschess.org - July 21st, 2020
- 19 science-backed ways to reduce your risk of Alzheimer's disease, from reading to playing chess - Insider - INSIDER - July 21st, 2020
- Nepal The Latest Pawn In the India-China Territorial Chess Game - The Taiwan Times - July 21st, 2020
- The $4m Chess Set with 513 carats of Diamonds, Pearls and Sapphire - IDEX Online - July 21st, 2020
- Q&A with Vishy Anand and more chess legends - chess24 - July 17th, 2020
- Chess: Grandmaster Vidit Gujrathi to lead India in Online Chess Olympiad - Scroll.in - July 14th, 2020
- Chess Prodigy Hopes Pandemic Won't Get In Way Of Goal - CBS New York - July 14th, 2020
- Anand to play in Legends of Chess; praises Carlsen for Chess Tour - Sportstar - July 11th, 2020
- Chess Market 2020 Global Trend, Segmentation and Opportunities Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - July 11th, 2020
- Chess Controversy: GM RB Ramesh resigns from chief selectors post citing interference - The Indian Express - July 11th, 2020
- The IT Factor, Part 3: Managing Your Preferences | US Chess.org - uschess.org - July 6th, 2020
- The IT Factor, Part 2: Bringing (Nearly) All of IT Together - uschess.org - July 6th, 2020
- Chigodo wins fourth edition of the Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo Memorial Chess tourney - Chronicle - July 6th, 2020
- World Chess Championship to be postponed to 2021: FIDE chief - The New Indian Express - July 2nd, 2020
- You Won't Believe This Chess-Themed Puzzle - Chess.com - July 2nd, 2020
- Chess great Kasparov slams NBA over ignoring China human rights violation - The Jerusalem Post - July 2nd, 2020
- Charity Event Raises Over $7,500 For West Bengal, India - Chess.com - June 11th, 2020
- Check, mate. Is this the worlds tiniest chess set? - The New Daily - June 11th, 2020
- Chess | Viswanathan Anand returns home - The Hindu - June 6th, 2020
- SwissSys Feature for Helping with Chess.com US Chess Rated Events - uschess.org - June 6th, 2020
- Viince wins the ESL Mobile Open Auto Chess playoffs for season five - Dot Esports - June 6th, 2020
- Maharashtra Chess Association hosts grand five-day Blitz Grand Prix - The Bridge - June 6th, 2020
- Chess Official In Iran Fired Over His Daughter's Hijab - Iran News By Radio Farda - June 3rd, 2020
- Chess: your chance to enter the Winton British Solving Championship - Financial Times - May 31st, 2020
- Magnus Carlsen: 'My emotions are usually outside my body and that's not what you usually connect to a chess player.' - CNN International - May 29th, 2020
- Cant play both at the same time, How Yuzvendra Chahal prioritised cricket over chess - Hindustan Times - May 29th, 2020
- World chess champion Magnus Carlsen on his new tour for the sport - CNN - May 29th, 2020
- An Introduction to Chess: More notes on castling - Stabroek News - May 29th, 2020
- The TD Show Episode 4 - Tim Just's Top 10 TD Tips - uschess.org - May 22nd, 2020
- How do I join the Stevenage COVID Chess Challenge? - The Comet - May 22nd, 2020
- Chess Gurukul beats Superkids to title - The Hindu - May 19th, 2020
- One Move at a Time May Edition: Abel Talamantez and Dr. Judit Sztaray - uschess.org - May 14th, 2020
- First J&K online chess event witnesses overwhelming response - The Tribune - May 10th, 2020
- Over 25 Grandmasters to take part in Indian chess league from May 15 - Times of India - May 10th, 2020
- Wife hopes for 'stranded' Anand's early return from Germany - Times of India - May 9th, 2020
- The TD Show Episode 2 - Illegal Moves - uschess.org - May 9th, 2020
- Who is the chess player on Mars? - India Gone Viral - May 5th, 2020
- Isolated Queens II: Top Streamers to Play BotezLive & US Chess Women Event - uschess.org - May 4th, 2020
- World class tournament in New York about to start - Chessbase News - May 4th, 2020
- Fundamentals of Chess Tactics - Chessbase News - April 23rd, 2020
- Chess Corner: Scissors, rock, and paper - Muskogee Daily Phoenix - April 23rd, 2020
- How 'Sultan' of Indian chess won over Brits, beat Capablanca - Times of India - April 21st, 2020
- Stuck inside and bored during the pandemic? How about learning chess online? - WUSA9.com - April 18th, 2020
- Saqib and Huma bond over chess during lockdown - Hindustan Times - April 18th, 2020
- Iranian woman fears punishment after condemnation for not wearing the appropriate headscarf - CNN International - April 16th, 2020
- Virus sends Chess Kenya back to the drawing board - Daily Nation - April 16th, 2020
- Titled Tuesday Now Every Week With Increased Prizes - Chess.com - April 10th, 2020
- New chess body CPF looks to learn from failure - Times of India - April 10th, 2020
- Chess duo still making moves - Nation News - April 9th, 2020
- ASX sees value of securities held in CHESS decrease - Asset Servicing Times - April 9th, 2020
- Still Stuck In Germany, Anand Joins COVID-19 Initiatives - Chess.com - April 7th, 2020
- Chess can you find the hidden single line of play to crack the puzzle? - Financial Times - April 7th, 2020
- April Cover Stories with Chess Life: Tom Beckman - uschess.org - April 7th, 2020
- Yes, IT is coming! - uschess.org - April 7th, 2020
- From a Yacht to Online: Promoting to Queens Zooms Ahead - uschess.org - March 28th, 2020
- On the Schedule: Chess, Horse Racing and Children Lifting - The New York Times - March 28th, 2020
- The infected chess player that brought frenzy to Murmansk - The Independent Barents Observer - March 28th, 2020
- Chess Boards Will Be Set Up Again - uschess.org - March 28th, 2020
- Chess Market Size, Top Manufacturers, Product Types, Applications and Specification, Forecast to 2045 - Packaging News 24 - March 28th, 2020
- The Tip-Off | Chess players proving they are and aren't model citizens in a health crisis - SportsPro Media - March 25th, 2020
- All India Chess Federation staff yet to receive salaries owing to issues between factions - Scroll.in - March 25th, 2020
- Chess players violate the advice from the World health organization - The KXAN 36 News - March 25th, 2020
- US Championship and US Women's Championship are Postponed - uschess.org - March 17th, 2020
- Chess | Caruana favoured to come out on top - The Hindu - March 17th, 2020
- March Ladies Knight Features The Artist Juga - uschess.org - March 17th, 2020
- Lahiri checkmates Barua in BCA elections - Times of India - March 17th, 2020
- US Chess Affiliate Tournaments and COVID-19 - uschess.org - March 17th, 2020
- National Junior High (K-9) Championship has been Canceled - uschess.org - March 17th, 2020
- Knights of the Square Table throws support to 1st Women's Online Bullet Chess Championships - PhilBoxing.com - March 17th, 2020