Datrium added new scaling functionality to its DVX 3.0 private cloud infrastructureplatform designed to better match storage capacity to user needs in private cloud deployments.
The Split Provisioning feature can separate scaling of host storage speed and persistent capacity. The software supports scaling from one to 128 compute nodes, or input/output (IO) bandwidth up to 200 Gb/s, and up to 10 data nodes with capacity up to 1.7 petabytes in a single system.
Datriums previous product supported just a single data node.
The compute nodes run all workloads in local commodity flash, which results in lower latency. Each compute node writes persistent data to network-attached and managed data nodes. With the compute nodes operating as stateless, data availability is not impacted should some of them fail.
Datrium DVX version 3.0 split provisioning architecture. (PRNewsfoto/Datrium)
Datriums premise has always been that their open convergence method delivers better overall scalability, along with independent scalability of performance and capacity, compared to hyperconverged architectures in essence, private clouds with virtually limitless performance and scale with the ease of public clouds, said Arun Taneja, founder and consulting analyst at Taneja Group, in a statement.
Datriums open converged infrastructure (OCI) is different from hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) systems that can maintain persistent data on every server, according to the company. HCI systems are also limited to up to three simultaneous server failures before a data outage.
These limitations require HCI users to run smaller clusters of between eight and 16 nodes, according to Gartner. To support larger data storage needs, companies would need to deploy multiple clusters, which requires increased configuration and management.
Performance is on compute nodes with flash, and persistence is erasure coded across a cost-optimized object store pool (data nodes), as nature intended, said Datrium CEO Brian Biles. So it doesnt suffer HCIs erasure coding performance problems for hot data.
Pricing for such capabilities is set at $12,000 per compute node.
Datrium last month began offering new storage support for various open source platforms. This included Red HatEnterprise Linux (RHEL) servers and kernelvirtual machines(KVM) to its core software platform that supportedVMwareservers and vSphere virtual machines.
The additional support garnered applause from analysts, who noted benefits for enterprises being able to manage multiple environments from a single source.
Mike Matchett, senior analyst at Taneja Group, said the Datrium approach is a good option for enterprises to consider in order to accelerate and open up existing compute clusters.
It represents a safe, forward-looking investment even if you are focused on just VMware today, Matchett said. Given that storage refresh cycles are traditionally three to five years, its a big risk these days to not build in some agility and adaptability into a current refresh.
Matchett did note the firm would have to show it can scale to the needs of larger enterprise customers.
Datrium will need to prove out large-scale scalability and protection claims, but significant performance improvement with server side flash is almost assured, Matchett said.
Datrium, which launched in 2012,late last year scored$55 million in Series C funding, boosting its capital haul to $110 million since its founding.
See the original post:
Datrium Splits Provisioning to Boost Private Cloud Storage - SDxCentral
- Cloud Storage Software Market 2020 Services, Demand, Size, Growth, Trends, Business Opportunities, Industry Analysis, Top Players and Forecast to 2025... - January 26th, 2020
- HiveIO Introduces Hive Fabric 8.0 with Added Business Intelligence Capabilities and New Cloud Storage Offerings - Citybizlist Real Estate - January 26th, 2020
- Epic tells customers it will stop Google Cloud integrations, says report - Healthcare IT News - January 26th, 2020
- The three keys to a successful, data-driven 2020 - Gigabit Magazine - Technology News, Magazine and Website - January 26th, 2020
- Disaster recovery failover choices: Synchronous mirrors, P2V and the cloud - ComputerWeekly.com - January 26th, 2020
- Miss the look of Windows 7? Change these settings - Komando - January 26th, 2020
- Alibaba Cloud Named First Public Cloud Vendor in the World to Obtain Trusted Partner Network (TPN) Certification - Business Wire - January 26th, 2020
- The best free and open-source alternatives to Google Drive on Android - Android Police - January 26th, 2020
- In public cloud, what worked at 1PB wont work at 100PB - VentureBeat - January 26th, 2020
- Formulus Black's Forsa Software Named Finalist for TechTarget's 2019 Storage Product of the Year - Citybizlist Real Estate - January 26th, 2020
- 11 Best Ways to Fix Dropbox Not Connecting or Syncing on Windows 10 Error - Guiding Tech - January 26th, 2020
- What is AWS S3 and 5Ws for using it? - WhaTech - January 26th, 2020
- The Future of Edge Computing: Beyond IoT - Datamation - January 26th, 2020
- The 28 Best Backup and Disaster Recovery Companies for 2020 - Solutions Review - January 26th, 2020
- Signiant Sees Another Record Year in 2019 - Broadcasting & Cable - January 26th, 2020
- Major new collaborative tools feature in Premiere Pro update - RedShark News - January 26th, 2020
- France 7s vs New Zealand 7s Live Stream Free Rugby Online - Up News Info - January 26th, 2020
- Digital Storage Markets for Media & Entertainment, 2019 to 2024 - Cloud Storage Revenue Will Reach ~$3.7 Billion by 2024 - Yahoo Finance - January 20th, 2020
- Stand Alone Cloud Storage Market Trends Together With Growth Forecast To 2025 - Melanian News - January 20th, 2020
- Cloud Storage Service Market by Key Manufacturers, Regions, Risk Analysis, Industry Share, Driving Factors, Deployment Policy, Innovative Technology,... - January 20th, 2020
- Google takes on AWS and Azure in India with Airtel cloud deal - TechCrunch - January 20th, 2020
- The best outdoor home security cameras of 2020 - CNET - January 20th, 2020
- Tips To Choose The Right Provider For Cloud Storage And Backup - TechShout! - January 20th, 2020
- Save 39% off Adobe Creative Cloud: full access to Photoshop, Lightroom and more - TechRadar - January 20th, 2020
- Erwan Menard, Director of Infrastructure and Applications Modernization - AiThority - January 20th, 2020
- How are Business Telecoms Set to Change in 2020? - The Future of Things - January 20th, 2020
- Unboxing the Tolino Page 2 E-Reader - Goodereader - January 20th, 2020
- Smart Toys Market To 2026 Key Players, Size, Trends, Opportunities and Growth Analysis - Fusion Science Academy - January 20th, 2020
- Global Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) Market by 2024: Challenges, Drivers, Growth Opportunities, Segmentation, Insights and Overall Outlook &... - January 20th, 2020
- How it Works: Disaster Recovery as a Service With Dell EMC Cloud Storage Services and Faction | StorageReview.com - StorageReview.com - January 17th, 2020
- Cheap Adobe Creative Cloud deal: save nearly 40% on monthly subscriptions - T3 - January 17th, 2020
- Were Living in a Subscriptions World. Heres How to Navigate It. - The New York Times - January 17th, 2020
- Consumer Cloud Storage Services Industry 2020-2025 Expected to Grow with a Significant CAGR, Size, Trend, Demand, Analysis, Revenue Insights and Top... - January 17th, 2020
- Is Cloud Computing the Answer to Genomics Big Data... - Labiotech.eu - January 17th, 2020
- Uncovering the Long-Term Cloud Archive Equation - TV Technology - January 17th, 2020
- HPC In 2020: Acquisitions And Mergers As The New Normal - The Next Platform - January 17th, 2020
- Amazon will ask a court to block Microsoft from working on a $10 billion cloud computing contract - Q13 News Seattle - January 14th, 2020
- Business Cloud Storage Market Outlook: Heading to the Clouds - The Market Journal - January 14th, 2020
- Jussie Smollett is probably toast now that Google is handing his data to the special prosecutor - Washington Examiner - January 14th, 2020
- The Easiest Way to Switch from Windows 7 to Linux - Lifehacker - January 14th, 2020
- Join us live online today: Find out how to store and manage data in the hybrid-cloud era to boost your business - The Register - January 14th, 2020
- VIEWPOINT: Refocusing as a Digital-First Publication - Georgetown University The Hoya - January 14th, 2020
- Cloud Computing: Current Top Trends and Technologies - Datamation - January 14th, 2020
- Cyber Security Today Millions of files on Americans found open on Internet, and how to avoid juice-jacking - IT World Canada - January 14th, 2020
- Veeam CTO On Why Veeam Wanted To Be Acquired And What Comes Next - CRN: Technology news for channel partners and solution providers - January 14th, 2020
- Top five trends in IT for this year - TechRadar - January 4th, 2020
- Lost messages? Here's how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on Android and iOS devices - Free Press Journal - January 4th, 2020
- [Case Study] How This Maternity Hospital Chain Moved Its Technology Infrastructure To A Cloud Platform - Analytics India Magazine - January 4th, 2020
- Get $30 off a year of Adobe's Creative Cloud Photography plan - Macworld - January 4th, 2020
- Google Photos: The Best Tips and Tricks - Digital Trends - January 4th, 2020
- There's now a new way to experience your favorite shows thanks to the Astro Ultra Box - Mashable SE Asia - January 4th, 2020
- Age of Innovation: Learning from Infinity and Beyond - Porterville Recorder - January 4th, 2020
- Why your business should be using backup as a service - ITProPortal - January 1st, 2020
- Global AI-Powered Storage Market is Expected to Grow from USD 10.4 Billion in 2019 to USD 34.5 Billion by 2024; Growing at a CAGR of 27.1%. -... - January 1st, 2020
- Stand Alone Cloud Storage Market To Witness Robust Expansion Throughout The Forecast Period 2019 2025 - Market Reports Observer - January 1st, 2020
- Red Shark Review of the Year - August 2019 - RedShark News - January 1st, 2020
- Top 10 Fixes for iCloud Drive Not Syncing on Windows 10 Issue - Guiding Tech - January 1st, 2020
- Cloud Compute in 2019: Workloads and Options - insideHPC - January 1st, 2020
- PrimeArray Systems, Inc. Offers Optical Disc Migration Services - Ripping Services to Hard Drive, Disc Archiving Services, Disc Data Ripping, and... - January 1st, 2020
- Global Healthcare Data Storage Market is Projected to Grow at a CAGR of 14.3% During the Forecast Period - Yahoo Finance - January 1st, 2020
- 5 Trends That Defined Each Year in the 2010s Decade - Security Sales & Integration - January 1st, 2020
- Strange Cloud Outages that Shook up the Tech World in 2019 - EnterpriseTalk - January 1st, 2020
- What is Amazon Athena? - TechRadar - January 1st, 2020
- The One Best REIT To Own In 2020 - Forbes - January 1st, 2020
- Year in review: Best Android apps of 2019 - The South African - January 1st, 2020
- From Boombox To Wireless Speakers: How Tech Evolved Over The Last Decade - Tech Revolution In 2010s - Economic Times - January 1st, 2020
- From retail to robotics, Jeff Bezos is betting big on technology - ETBrandEquity.com - January 1st, 2020
- Amazon's second act, Microsoft's revival and red-hot IPOs highlighted the decade of the cloud - CNBC - December 25th, 2019
- The 3 biggest storage advances of the 2010s - ZDNet - December 25th, 2019
- Big Data Professionals Give 11 Predictions for Cloud's Evolution in 2020 - Database Trends and Applications - December 25th, 2019
- Google Drive vs OneDrive: Which is better? - ValueWalk - December 25th, 2019
- Big Data Predictions: What 2020 Will Bring - Datanami - December 25th, 2019
- VC Investments In Enterprise Tech And AI - Forbes - December 25th, 2019
- VMware to use MinIO object storage in Kubernetes embrace - Blocks and Files - December 25th, 2019
- These shockingly low prices on Blink security systems and Amazon Fire TVs only last one day - BGR - December 25th, 2019
- SolarWinds Gears New Backup for Office 365 Solution Toward MSPs - ITPro Today - December 25th, 2019
- Disrupting the disruptors: The power of hybrid integration - ITProPortal - December 25th, 2019
- Alexa and Google enabled smart plugs are just $7.50 each in this crazy year-end sale - BGR - December 25th, 2019
- Reds team up with leader in cloud storage Acronis - Liverpool FC - December 19th, 2019
- The 5 Best Deals on Cloud Storage and Backup This Holiday Season - XDA Developers - December 19th, 2019