Ready to use cloud with screen mode
As data assumes a greater place in the advertising universe, a skirmish of sorts has broken out among the major cloud storage companiesGoogle GOOG and Amazon AMZN in particularto win the hearts and minds of the advertising and media community.
I say skirmish because given the massive size of Google and Amazons cloud storage businesses, the amount of revenue they will get from advertisers and publishers is relatively small.
But in a battle for dominance, every win counts and so the battle lines have been drawn.
Google inadvertently intensified the migration of advertising data to the cloud by its decision to (eventually) do away with cookies, the digital trackers that allow brands to gather information on consumers as they traveled around the web.
While there will be short term pain, overall this is a positive development, since cookies were in many ways like TVs Nielsen ratings: a currency everyone agreed on because an industry had grown up around it and there was no other option, but a currency that many people suspected was far less accurate than it appeared to be.
The demise of cookies will force brands to begin collecting more of their own first party data and then finding wayscloud-based waysto ensure that data is privacy compliant and can then be matched, in a privacy compliant manner, with customer data from publishers and programmers.
The Rise Of The Clean Room
Data matching takes place on a cloud-based platform that is known as a clean room. Clean rooms provide a way to ensure that data from the advertiser, data from the publisher and data from third parties can be compared and matched in a way that ensures neither side actually sees the other sides data unless there is a match. This is critical as it ensures privacy compliance.
The more advertisers and their agencies come to rely on these clean room environments, the more money will be at stake, and if one of the giants can take a clear lead in this area, it will give them a slight leg up over the competition.
$100 Million Is A Big Deal
That is why Google must be very happy about a recent deal brokered by the consulting firm SADA that will see ad tech pioneers MadHive doubling last years initial $50 million in Googles cloud-based solutions. This brings MadHives total investment to $100 million, making it one of the biggest Google Cloud deals in adtech to date.
MadHive has long been one of the most innovative players in the space, rolling out machine learning and cryptography-based solutions to address industry problems like fraud and privacy.
Today, MadHive is a leader in infrastructure-as-a-service enterprise software, focused on accelerating local OTT (over the top TV, also known as CTV) reach extension with major broadcasters like Fox, Scripps and TEGNAs Premion.
By doubling its investment in Google Cloud, MadHive will strengthen its ability to deliver:
Baked in fraud detection and prevention: While fraud is considered to be largely a problem for digital advertisers, its becoming a real issue on OTT as well. MadHive has been a leader in helping to detect and prevent fraud, and the deal will allow them to expand this capability.
Advanced targeting capabilities that fully comply with GDPR and CCPA privacy regulations. As global privacy laws expand, advertisers need to ensure that the solutions they implement stay within the boundaries of these new regulations . MadHive offers cloud-based solutions that help ensure compliance while respecting consumers right to privacy.
Simplified, full-stack software that removes unnecessary middlemen and their fees. When I first met MadHive CEO Adam Helfgott many years ago, I was impressed by his understanding of how brands were being forced to pay an ad tax because of all the middlemen involved in digital advertising and his commitment to eliminating that sort of costly system on OTT. Cloud-based solutions help to simplify transactions and thus eliminate costly middlemen.
Interoperability across various screens and channels, including digital out of home, digital audio, display, and more. Consumers dont just watch TV or just watch videos onlinethey move across all available channels with great frequency. The ability to understand their behavior across all these screens and channels allows for better targeting and an end to overtargeting consumers based on their demographics.
Over the past year, MadHive has been in a period of hyper-growth as broadcasters and brands adopt our technology to power their cross-channel advertising efforts, said Adam Helfgott, CEO at MadHive. This increased investment in SADA and Google Cloud will allow MadHive to create an even stronger infrastructure that allows for lightning-speed insights and campaign optimizations, while solving widespread industry problems like fraud, transparency, privacy and interoperability for our clients.
Creating solutions for advertisers and publishers will be key for cloud computing services in the years ahead. The issue now is around getting traction, about scoring the most high profile wins up front so that the industry has you pegged as the front runner.
While it is still way too soon to declare a winner, Googles deal with MadHive indicates that they have the know-how to get the job done.
See the article here:
MadHive Deal Gives Google A Leg Up In The Cloud Wars - Forbes
- Free Cloud Storage Backup for Photos & Videos - Blomp - December 3rd, 2021
- APIs & reference | Cloud Storage | Google Cloud - December 3rd, 2021
- Astrato Champions the Next Generation of Cloud BI - MarTech Series - December 3rd, 2021
- Tap Into the Disruption-Ready Cloud Storage Market With Backblaze - Investorplace.com - December 3rd, 2021
- Data Storage Market to Escalate Swiftly; Adoption of Big Data Analytics and AI to Amplify Revenue, states Fortune Business Insights - GlobeNewswire - December 3rd, 2021
- Five worthy reads: HIPAA compliance in the age of cybersecurity - Security Boulevard - December 3rd, 2021
- The Boston Globe Names Wasabi Technologies a Top Place to Work for 2021 - Yahoo Finance - December 3rd, 2021
- Microsoft Targets Small Businesses With New 'Teams Essentials' Standalone Edition - CRN - December 3rd, 2021
- Remarkable users have to accept new terms to get a free subscription - Good e-Reader - December 3rd, 2021
- 22dot6 adds extra cloudiness to its Valence software Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - November 28th, 2021
- What is the smart city, and why is cloud storage key? - TechRadar - November 28th, 2021
- What were most thankful for in tech, science, business, and innovation - GeekWire - November 28th, 2021
- Google: Half of compromised cloud instances have weak or no passwords - ZDNet - November 28th, 2021
- Top 8 Ways to fix Unfortunately File Manager Has Stopped on Android - Guiding Tech - November 28th, 2021
- Worldwide Electronic Medical Records Industry to 2026 - Initiatives by the Governments are Driving Growth - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Yahoo Finance - November 28th, 2021
- What is Cloud Storage | IBM - November 22nd, 2021
- iCloud vs pCloud: Which is the best cloud storage service? - Macworld UK - November 22nd, 2021
- Media And Entertainment Digital Storage Growth Swells With Increased Cloud And Remote Services - Forbes - November 22nd, 2021
- Veeam reveals cloud storage use patterns: Azure and AWS for bulk, IBM has ardent fans, Google has not much - The Register - November 22nd, 2021
- Alexander: Making sure that deleted Android phone pictures are really gone - Minneapolis Star Tribune - November 22nd, 2021
- Global Cloud Storage Software Market expected to contribute to the growth of the segment over the forecast period 2021-2027 The UK Directory - The UK... - November 22nd, 2021
- Cloud repatriation: Five reasons to repatriate data from cloud - ComputerWeekly.com - November 22nd, 2021
- JetStream's Azure-native DR finally takes off - TechTarget - November 22nd, 2021
- Cloud Storage for Firebase | Firebase Documentation - November 15th, 2021
- Apples Business Essentials subscriptions target small businesses that only use Apple - The Verge - November 15th, 2021
- Cloud Storage Startup Backblaze IPOs on Little VC and Revenue - Business Insider - November 15th, 2021
- StrongBox Data Names Andrew Hall as CEO - HPCwire - November 15th, 2021
- Looking beyond Bitcoin and Ethereum Heres a list of top 15 altcoins you should keep an eye on - Business Insider India - November 15th, 2021
- Global Storage achieves Australian first with VMWare disaster recovery as-a-service certification - iTWire - November 15th, 2021
- 15 Best FREE Cloud Storage & Unlimited Online Drive Space - October 24th, 2021
- What Is iCloud Drive On iPhone? iCloud Drive vs iCloud Explained - The Android Soul - October 24th, 2021
- Samsung Users Alert! Samsung will close their cloud services soon: Here`s how to save your data - Zee News - October 24th, 2021
- Veritas Simplifies Data Backup to the Cloud While Helping Reduce Costs and Increase Ransomware Resiliency - Business Wire - October 24th, 2021
- Storange Cloud Promotes the Worldwide IPFS Industry - The Kingston Whig-Standard - October 24th, 2021
- The 7 Best monday.com Alternatives in 2021 [Paid & Free] - Cloudwards - October 24th, 2021
- WhatsApp Chat Backup: How to Backup WhatsApp Messages on Android Mobile and iPhone - MySmartPrice - October 24th, 2021
- IBM has flat revenue third quarter with a bright spot in gasp storage Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - October 24th, 2021
- WhatsApp chats leaking so Bollywood superstars are trying to get phones wiped, but is it possible? - India Today - October 24th, 2021
- Cloudflare Challenges AWS with R2 Storage and No Egress Fees - InfoQ.com - October 17th, 2021
- The Cloud Software Industry Is at a Moment of Reckoning - Business Insider - October 17th, 2021
- WhatsApp Working On A Feature To Allow Users Better Manage Their Cloud Storage - Mashable India - October 17th, 2021
- How to change the date and time of a photo in Google Photos - Android Central - October 17th, 2021
- Teen arrested after national organization finds explicit photos, videos involving minors - FOX13 Memphis - October 17th, 2021
- To the stars: NetApp bringing cloud-native Astra Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - October 17th, 2021
- Global Cloud Storage Market Share, Size, Global Development ,Growth Status, Sales Revenue, Emerging Technologies, Key Players Analysis, Opportunity... - October 17th, 2021
- IBM sprays storage improvements across its Spectrums Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - October 17th, 2021
- Picture this: rights and uses of images in the #hashtag era - Theadanews - October 17th, 2021
- How to enable the iOS-style Google Photos memory widget on Android - Android Central - October 17th, 2021
- Top 20 Best Free Cloud Storage Services | 2021 - oTechWorld - September 15th, 2021
- 5 Things to Consider When Choosing the Right Cloud Storage - September 15th, 2021
- Internet sites come and go, but what about your login information? - The B.C. Catholic - September 15th, 2021
- Okay, Your Data Is in The Cloud. Now What? - RTInsights - September 15th, 2021
- NetApp : The right data, on the right cloud, at the right time - Marketscreener.com - September 15th, 2021
- Cyberpion Reveals A Quarter of Fortune 500 Companies Have Exploitable Vulnerabilities in their External IT Network - PRNewswire - September 15th, 2021
- More than half of businesses have turned to the cloud for backup needs - ITProPortal - September 15th, 2021
- Cloud Storage Pricing and Plans Microsoft OneDrive - September 11th, 2021
- Five things you need to know about cloud file services - ComputerWeekly.com - September 11th, 2021
- Mixed (Hybrid) Cloud Storage Solution Market Size, Share, Statistics, Trends, Types, Applications, Analysis and Forecast, Global Industry Research... - September 11th, 2021
- WhatsApp will finally let users encrypt their chat backups in the cloud - TechCrunch - September 11th, 2021
- Microsoft: We've fixed Azure container flaw that could have leaked data - ZDNet - September 11th, 2021
- The need for speed: Amazon uses SAN in the cloud to expedite users' cloud migration process - SiliconANGLE News - September 11th, 2021
- AWS execs speak on the top priorities for on-prem to cloud migration - SiliconANGLE News - September 11th, 2021
- Cloud is the 'new normal' as businesses boost resiliency and agility beyond COVID - SiliconANGLE News - September 11th, 2021
- Microsoft teases new super simple OneDrive interface - TechRadar - September 11th, 2021
- Italy says bids for national cloud hub expected this month - iTnews - September 11th, 2021
- Pure Storage tantalises with reinvention possibilities Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - September 11th, 2021
- Broadcom server-storage connectivity sales down but recovery coming Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - September 11th, 2021
- "Rockset is on a mission to deliver fast and flexible real-time analytics" - JAXenter - September 11th, 2021
- Lessons Learned: Training and Deploying State of the Art Transformer Models at Digits - insideBIGDATA - September 11th, 2021
- Save big on this decentralized cloud storage system | TheHill - The Hill - September 3rd, 2021
- Backblaze teams up with Vultr for new cloud storage competitor to Amazon, Google, and Microsoft - 9to5Mac - September 3rd, 2021
- AWS, NetApp unveil the first fully-managed ONTAP file system in the cloud - ZDNet - September 3rd, 2021
- Microsoft Teams: Here are the features added in the past month - ZDNet - September 3rd, 2021
- HUAWEI AppGallery Connect Serverless Services Officially Released to Achieve Easy App Development and O&M - PRNewswire - September 3rd, 2021
- Public cloud hits the spot for NetApp's Q122 results Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - September 3rd, 2021
- Quobyte: AI supports sustainable logging - saving owls' trees from the axe Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - September 3rd, 2021
- Wasabi Technologies Now on Carahsoft NASPO, SEWP V, and Additional Government Contracts - PRNewswire - September 3rd, 2021
- Power users of Microsoft OneDrive suffer massive inconvenience: Read-only files - The Register - September 3rd, 2021
- VAST picks up another $10M-plus customer: a US car-maker Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - September 3rd, 2021
- Western Digital unveils 20TB OptiNAND hard drive, pledges 50TB to follow - The Register - September 3rd, 2021