Posted by: William on December 7, 2012 Under: Cloud Storage |
The information technology industry sometimes gets ahead of itself. This is the case when it comes to Cloud Storage. This technology was introduced and a lot of discussion surrounded its introduction. However, the technology industry moved on before it was truly introduced. Many IT professionals are still asking What is Cloud Storage?
Cloud Storage can mean different things to IT specialists, depending on how that specialist implements this technology. Public Cloud is the most common way of inplementation. It means storage capacity which can be access through a public network, like the Internet, or WAN (Wide Area Network). Internet users have the capability of expanding the amount of data Cloud Storage can hold without any limitations, but may require you to contact the service provider.
A Cloud Storage provider generally operates a storage infrastructure, many times in locations that are dispersed. Because storage can be expanded without limit, most people think that these providers have a large infrastructure. Many developers have stayed focused on how easy Cloud Storage is to manage and scalability. Grid architecture has Cloud Storage made with a host of individual servers, then tied together, which acts as a single storage center or manageable point.
This can be done in two different formats: loosely coupled or tightly coupled. Loosely coupled formats are tied together by a file storage that is global with storage features being executed individually. Tightly coupled formats are storage areas that are similar which are combined together to form one file system, or storage area.
Simply put, Cloud Storage is a way of backing up, managing and maintaining data which can be accessed by many users over one network, like the Internet. This access can be done anywhere in the world and shared with every authorized Internet user.
Cloud Storage can offer individuals and small companies an inexpensive data storage facility without the cost of purchasing their own servers. The data is stored off-site and properly secured, which is required by many small companies, as well as individual business people. The service offers everyone that subscribes to a provider with instant access to all their data from anywhere and at anytime. It also allows several people to share the same data from anywhere at anytime. This data storage has no limitations, which is found with individual servers.
Since individual data storage servers requires a lot of space, you save the cost of a larger work space and lets you use that area for a growing business, instead of the growing amount of data you will accumulate. Instead of paying for more servers to hold your every-increasing data and then paying for more space to install those personal servers, you can pay a Cloud Storage provider less funds for an unlimited storage area. This is a long-term fix for all your data storage needs.
One other benefit of Cloud Storage is that it can be provided with just as much security features as your personal data servers can provide and, sometimes, even more security features. You can limit the people that are authorized to access your Cloud Storage data or make that completely public, but you control that access. Even though there have been attempts to break into Cloud Storage providers, you hear more about stolen information from private servers. The technology that Cloud Storage providers use to secure their centers and servers is continually being developed to protect their members. This means that these services continue to improve their security technology to enhance the protection or your data.
Since Cloud Storage is still considered a new technology, there will always be discussions about the problems found with this service. However, no one can say that the benefits do not outweight the problems. You save on equipment, storage space and can have secured access whenever you want from anywhere in the world, so can your employees.
There are many ways of using Cloud Storage by individuals or businesses, whether you choose to use private or public cloud storage. You can increase the storage area of you own servers by placing a large chunk of archived data into a Cloud Storage provider. This will increase the space you may require to update your current applications or software.
Next way to use Cloud Storage is to back up any data (movies, pictures, videos, documents, etc.). This comes in handy when your equipment fails, gets hacked or you pick up a virus that prevents you from accessing your equipment. Instead, you can go get new computers and then go online and access all your data without a problem of losing anything. Everything is secure and safely stored.
You can allow access to clients or employees around the world, which is safer than sending that data through the worldwide web. Many times people will send an email and the recipient never receives the email. Then both are left wondering if you really took the time to do what you said. With Cloud Storage, you can upload the data, or files, then share it with the people you want. They can then go online to the Cloud Storage provider and retrieve the data themselves when they are ready. This makes everything more convenient and that data will remain in the cloud storage servers until you delete it personally.
Many other Internet users and businesses are using Cloud Storage providers for security reasons. Many providers are constantly improving their security features which protects your data. This makes your data more secure than you could actually provide without paying a lot of money in software. The provider can also prevent viruses from corrupting your data, since it is an encrypted data storage center. Since the service protects this data by encrypting the site, your files will never be susceptible to any viruses, including the news ones that always seem to come out.
Cloud Storage is not as complicated as many people may think. In fact, it is one of the safest ways to share, store, back up and access information that is required. For example, if you have information on your home computer, but are out of the office, you can use Cloud Storage and access that same information from any system while traveling because it was uploaded to that providers service center. This comes in handy when your ISP is out and you cannot get on your home system remotely.
You can use Cloud Storage for different reasons, but you will save space, money and secure your information better through a provider. This only makes communicating easier.
Here is the list of Top 10 Cloud Storage Providers that we recommend you.
Rating: 5.7/10 (11 votes cast)
What is Cloud Storage,How Does It Work,Its Benefits & Uses Explained?, 5.7 out of 10 based on 11 ratings
- Digital Storage Markets for Media & Entertainment, 2019 to 2024 - Cloud Storage Revenue Will Reach ~$3.7 Billion by 2024 - Yahoo Finance - January 20th, 2020
- Stand Alone Cloud Storage Market Trends Together With Growth Forecast To 2025 - Melanian News - January 20th, 2020
- Cloud Storage Service Market by Key Manufacturers, Regions, Risk Analysis, Industry Share, Driving Factors, Deployment Policy, Innovative Technology,... - January 20th, 2020
- Google takes on AWS and Azure in India with Airtel cloud deal - TechCrunch - January 20th, 2020
- The best outdoor home security cameras of 2020 - CNET - January 20th, 2020
- Tips To Choose The Right Provider For Cloud Storage And Backup - TechShout! - January 20th, 2020
- Save 39% off Adobe Creative Cloud: full access to Photoshop, Lightroom and more - TechRadar - January 20th, 2020
- Erwan Menard, Director of Infrastructure and Applications Modernization - AiThority - January 20th, 2020
- How are Business Telecoms Set to Change in 2020? - The Future of Things - January 20th, 2020
- Unboxing the Tolino Page 2 E-Reader - Goodereader - January 20th, 2020
- Smart Toys Market To 2026 Key Players, Size, Trends, Opportunities and Growth Analysis - Fusion Science Academy - January 20th, 2020
- Global Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) Market by 2024: Challenges, Drivers, Growth Opportunities, Segmentation, Insights and Overall Outlook &... - January 20th, 2020
- How it Works: Disaster Recovery as a Service With Dell EMC Cloud Storage Services and Faction | StorageReview.com - StorageReview.com - January 17th, 2020
- Cheap Adobe Creative Cloud deal: save nearly 40% on monthly subscriptions - T3 - January 17th, 2020
- Were Living in a Subscriptions World. Heres How to Navigate It. - The New York Times - January 17th, 2020
- Consumer Cloud Storage Services Industry 2020-2025 Expected to Grow with a Significant CAGR, Size, Trend, Demand, Analysis, Revenue Insights and Top... - January 17th, 2020
- Is Cloud Computing the Answer to Genomics Big Data... - Labiotech.eu - January 17th, 2020
- Uncovering the Long-Term Cloud Archive Equation - TV Technology - January 17th, 2020
- HPC In 2020: Acquisitions And Mergers As The New Normal - The Next Platform - January 17th, 2020
- Amazon will ask a court to block Microsoft from working on a $10 billion cloud computing contract - Q13 News Seattle - January 14th, 2020
- Business Cloud Storage Market Outlook: Heading to the Clouds - The Market Journal - January 14th, 2020
- Jussie Smollett is probably toast now that Google is handing his data to the special prosecutor - Washington Examiner - January 14th, 2020
- The Easiest Way to Switch from Windows 7 to Linux - Lifehacker - January 14th, 2020
- Join us live online today: Find out how to store and manage data in the hybrid-cloud era to boost your business - The Register - January 14th, 2020
- VIEWPOINT: Refocusing as a Digital-First Publication - Georgetown University The Hoya - January 14th, 2020
- Cloud Computing: Current Top Trends and Technologies - Datamation - January 14th, 2020
- Cyber Security Today Millions of files on Americans found open on Internet, and how to avoid juice-jacking - IT World Canada - January 14th, 2020
- Veeam CTO On Why Veeam Wanted To Be Acquired And What Comes Next - CRN: Technology news for channel partners and solution providers - January 14th, 2020
- Top five trends in IT for this year - TechRadar - January 4th, 2020
- Lost messages? Here's how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on Android and iOS devices - Free Press Journal - January 4th, 2020
- [Case Study] How This Maternity Hospital Chain Moved Its Technology Infrastructure To A Cloud Platform - Analytics India Magazine - January 4th, 2020
- Get $30 off a year of Adobe's Creative Cloud Photography plan - Macworld - January 4th, 2020
- Google Photos: The Best Tips and Tricks - Digital Trends - January 4th, 2020
- There's now a new way to experience your favorite shows thanks to the Astro Ultra Box - Mashable SE Asia - January 4th, 2020
- Age of Innovation: Learning from Infinity and Beyond - Porterville Recorder - January 4th, 2020
- Why your business should be using backup as a service - ITProPortal - January 1st, 2020
- Global AI-Powered Storage Market is Expected to Grow from USD 10.4 Billion in 2019 to USD 34.5 Billion by 2024; Growing at a CAGR of 27.1%. -... - January 1st, 2020
- Stand Alone Cloud Storage Market To Witness Robust Expansion Throughout The Forecast Period 2019 2025 - Market Reports Observer - January 1st, 2020
- Red Shark Review of the Year - August 2019 - RedShark News - January 1st, 2020
- Top 10 Fixes for iCloud Drive Not Syncing on Windows 10 Issue - Guiding Tech - January 1st, 2020
- Cloud Compute in 2019: Workloads and Options - insideHPC - January 1st, 2020
- PrimeArray Systems, Inc. Offers Optical Disc Migration Services - Ripping Services to Hard Drive, Disc Archiving Services, Disc Data Ripping, and... - January 1st, 2020
- Global Healthcare Data Storage Market is Projected to Grow at a CAGR of 14.3% During the Forecast Period - Yahoo Finance - January 1st, 2020
- 5 Trends That Defined Each Year in the 2010s Decade - Security Sales & Integration - January 1st, 2020
- Strange Cloud Outages that Shook up the Tech World in 2019 - EnterpriseTalk - January 1st, 2020
- What is Amazon Athena? - TechRadar - January 1st, 2020
- The One Best REIT To Own In 2020 - Forbes - January 1st, 2020
- Year in review: Best Android apps of 2019 - The South African - January 1st, 2020
- From Boombox To Wireless Speakers: How Tech Evolved Over The Last Decade - Tech Revolution In 2010s - Economic Times - January 1st, 2020
- From retail to robotics, Jeff Bezos is betting big on technology - ETBrandEquity.com - January 1st, 2020
- Amazon's second act, Microsoft's revival and red-hot IPOs highlighted the decade of the cloud - CNBC - December 25th, 2019
- The 3 biggest storage advances of the 2010s - ZDNet - December 25th, 2019
- Big Data Professionals Give 11 Predictions for Cloud's Evolution in 2020 - Database Trends and Applications - December 25th, 2019
- Google Drive vs OneDrive: Which is better? - ValueWalk - December 25th, 2019
- Big Data Predictions: What 2020 Will Bring - Datanami - December 25th, 2019
- VC Investments In Enterprise Tech And AI - Forbes - December 25th, 2019
- VMware to use MinIO object storage in Kubernetes embrace - Blocks and Files - December 25th, 2019
- These shockingly low prices on Blink security systems and Amazon Fire TVs only last one day - BGR - December 25th, 2019
- SolarWinds Gears New Backup for Office 365 Solution Toward MSPs - ITPro Today - December 25th, 2019
- Disrupting the disruptors: The power of hybrid integration - ITProPortal - December 25th, 2019
- Alexa and Google enabled smart plugs are just $7.50 each in this crazy year-end sale - BGR - December 25th, 2019
- Reds team up with leader in cloud storage Acronis - Liverpool FC - December 19th, 2019
- The 5 Best Deals on Cloud Storage and Backup This Holiday Season - XDA Developers - December 19th, 2019
- Data Stored in the Cloud Needs Backup Heres Why - TechiExpert.com - December 19th, 2019
- Why Prudential's Top Line Is Likely To Shrink Nearly $1 Billion In 2019 - Nasdaq - December 19th, 2019
- Swedish c.bank ends five years of negative rates with hike to zero - Nasdaq - December 19th, 2019
- A Data Leak Exposed The Personal Information Of Over 3,000 Ring Users - BuzzFeed News - December 19th, 2019
- Google Photos vs iCloud Photos: Which One to Use on iPhone - Guiding Tech - December 19th, 2019
- QLD TAFE to rip out legacy Veritas tech in cloud shift - ARNnet - December 19th, 2019
- Endurance International hosted Cloudbazaar 2019 the premier event for cloud, domains and web hosting - ETCIO.com - December 19th, 2019
- The three Cs of Actifio 10c: Clouds, containers and copy data - Blocks and Files - December 19th, 2019
- AWS Outposts Is GA. Now What? - CRN: Technology news for channel partners and solution providers - December 19th, 2019
- Experts Share Their 2020 Backup and Disaster Recovery Predictions - Solutions Review - December 19th, 2019
- Amazon, AWS and antitrust: How tough could US lawmakers be on the tech titan? - ComputerWeekly.com - December 19th, 2019
- Cloud Gateways For File-Based Applications And IEDM Announcements - Forbes - December 17th, 2019
- Denodo Platform Now Available on the Google Cloud Platform Marketplace Providing Realtime Data Delivery Through Data Virtualization - MarTech Series - December 17th, 2019
- Stand Alone Cloud Storage Market: Future Innovation Ways That, Growth & Profit Analysis, Forecast By 2025 - Market Research Sheets - December 17th, 2019
- Global Cloud Storage Market Foresight by 2019 2025| Key Companies IBM Corporation, EMC Corporation Amazon Web Services Inc., Rackspace Hosting Inc.... - December 17th, 2019
- Global AI-Powered Storage Market Forecasts to 2024: A $34.5 Billion Opportunity, Driven by Massive Growth in Data Volumes & Increasing Adoption of... - December 17th, 2019
- How the Home Office's Immigration Technology department reduced its cloud costs by 40% - GOV.UK - December 17th, 2019