Posted by: William on December 7, 2012 Under: Cloud Storage |
The information technology industry sometimes gets ahead of itself. This is the case when it comes to Cloud Storage. This technology was introduced and a lot of discussion surrounded its introduction. However, the technology industry moved on before it was truly introduced. Many IT professionals are still asking What is Cloud Storage?
Cloud Storage can mean different things to IT specialists, depending on how that specialist implements this technology. Public Cloud is the most common way of inplementation. It means storage capacity which can be access through a public network, like the Internet, or WAN (Wide Area Network). Internet users have the capability of expanding the amount of data Cloud Storage can hold without any limitations, but may require you to contact the service provider.
A Cloud Storage provider generally operates a storage infrastructure, many times in locations that are dispersed. Because storage can be expanded without limit, most people think that these providers have a large infrastructure. Many developers have stayed focused on how easy Cloud Storage is to manage and scalability. Grid architecture has Cloud Storage made with a host of individual servers, then tied together, which acts as a single storage center or manageable point.
This can be done in two different formats: loosely coupled or tightly coupled. Loosely coupled formats are tied together by a file storage that is global with storage features being executed individually. Tightly coupled formats are storage areas that are similar which are combined together to form one file system, or storage area.
Simply put, Cloud Storage is a way of backing up, managing and maintaining data which can be accessed by many users over one network, like the Internet. This access can be done anywhere in the world and shared with every authorized Internet user.
Cloud Storage can offer individuals and small companies an inexpensive data storage facility without the cost of purchasing their own servers. The data is stored off-site and properly secured, which is required by many small companies, as well as individual business people. The service offers everyone that subscribes to a provider with instant access to all their data from anywhere and at anytime. It also allows several people to share the same data from anywhere at anytime. This data storage has no limitations, which is found with individual servers.
Since individual data storage servers requires a lot of space, you save the cost of a larger work space and lets you use that area for a growing business, instead of the growing amount of data you will accumulate. Instead of paying for more servers to hold your every-increasing data and then paying for more space to install those personal servers, you can pay a Cloud Storage provider less funds for an unlimited storage area. This is a long-term fix for all your data storage needs.
One other benefit of Cloud Storage is that it can be provided with just as much security features as your personal data servers can provide and, sometimes, even more security features. You can limit the people that are authorized to access your Cloud Storage data or make that completely public, but you control that access. Even though there have been attempts to break into Cloud Storage providers, you hear more about stolen information from private servers. The technology that Cloud Storage providers use to secure their centers and servers is continually being developed to protect their members. This means that these services continue to improve their security technology to enhance the protection or your data.
Since Cloud Storage is still considered a new technology, there will always be discussions about the problems found with this service. However, no one can say that the benefits do not outweight the problems. You save on equipment, storage space and can have secured access whenever you want from anywhere in the world, so can your employees.
There are many ways of using Cloud Storage by individuals or businesses, whether you choose to use private or public cloud storage. You can increase the storage area of you own servers by placing a large chunk of archived data into a Cloud Storage provider. This will increase the space you may require to update your current applications or software.
Next way to use Cloud Storage is to back up any data (movies, pictures, videos, documents, etc.). This comes in handy when your equipment fails, gets hacked or you pick up a virus that prevents you from accessing your equipment. Instead, you can go get new computers and then go online and access all your data without a problem of losing anything. Everything is secure and safely stored.
You can allow access to clients or employees around the world, which is safer than sending that data through the worldwide web. Many times people will send an email and the recipient never receives the email. Then both are left wondering if you really took the time to do what you said. With Cloud Storage, you can upload the data, or files, then share it with the people you want. They can then go online to the Cloud Storage provider and retrieve the data themselves when they are ready. This makes everything more convenient and that data will remain in the cloud storage servers until you delete it personally.
Many other Internet users and businesses are using Cloud Storage providers for security reasons. Many providers are constantly improving their security features which protects your data. This makes your data more secure than you could actually provide without paying a lot of money in software. The provider can also prevent viruses from corrupting your data, since it is an encrypted data storage center. Since the service protects this data by encrypting the site, your files will never be susceptible to any viruses, including the news ones that always seem to come out.
Cloud Storage is not as complicated as many people may think. In fact, it is one of the safest ways to share, store, back up and access information that is required. For example, if you have information on your home computer, but are out of the office, you can use Cloud Storage and access that same information from any system while traveling because it was uploaded to that providers service center. This comes in handy when your ISP is out and you cannot get on your home system remotely.
You can use Cloud Storage for different reasons, but you will save space, money and secure your information better through a provider. This only makes communicating easier.
Here is the list of Top 10 Cloud Storage Providers that we recommend you.
Rating: 5.7/10 (11 votes cast)
What is Cloud Storage,How Does It Work,Its Benefits & Uses Explained?, 5.7 out of 10 based on 11 ratings
- How to install the Seafile cloud storage solution on Ubuntu Server 20.04 - TechRepublic - July 31st, 2020
- Five on-premise and cloud options for network-attached storage - ComputerWeekly.com - July 31st, 2020
- Want to back up the worlds largest SSD? Use this 100TB cloud storage - TechRadar - July 31st, 2020
- 4 reasons why Tresorit is the best cloud storage service - Tech Advisor - July 31st, 2020
- Cloud Technologies Your Business Needs in 2020 - The Seeker - July 31st, 2020
- FBI Alerts to Rise in Targeted Netwalker Ransomware Attacks - HealthITSecurity.com - July 31st, 2020
- The entire Netflix movie archive will fit on this 90PB storage system - TechRadar - July 31st, 2020
- Student discounts: the best offers in 2020 - Creative Bloq - July 31st, 2020
- Cloud Storage Market to Grow at a CAGR of 21.9% from 2020 to 2027 to Reach $222 Billion by 2027 - PRNewswire - July 23rd, 2020
- Google Cloud Claims Another Win With Box Partnership - Forbes - July 23rd, 2020
- Stand Alone Cloud Storage Market Size, Share, Growth Rate, Revenue, Applications, Industry Demand & Forecast to 2025 - 3rd Watch News - July 23rd, 2020
- Global Enterprise Cloud Storage Market 2020 by Company, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2025 - Cole of Duty - July 23rd, 2020
- Stand Alone Cloud Storage Market: The Development Strategies Adopted By Major Key Players And To Understand The Competitive Scenario - 3rd Watch News - July 23rd, 2020
- BitDam Advanced Threat Protection now available on Microsoft Azure Marketplace - Help Net Security - July 23rd, 2020
- Nexsan Unity taps into cloud and Assureon archive - TechTarget - July 23rd, 2020
- IPVanish July sale: three months of VPN cover for the price of one with this deal - Tom's Guide UK - July 23rd, 2020
- Commvault integrates Hedvig with HyperScale X appliance Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - July 23rd, 2020
- Q&A: Sophos poll shows how attackers are taking advantage of cloud migration to wreak havoc - Security Boulevard - July 23rd, 2020
- Life After COVID 19: E-Discovery Considerations for Attorneys and Clients - JD Supra - July 23rd, 2020
- 4 Ways to Advance Your Tech Without Sacrificing Security - Security Boulevard - July 7th, 2020
- Cloud Storage Market Is expected to Witness Significant Growth between 2020 to 2028| Top Key Players- AWS, IBM, Microsoft, Google, Oracle, HPE - Owned - July 7th, 2020
- Software-defined storage: It's a Thing Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - July 7th, 2020
- Microsoft takes legal action against COVID-19-related cybercrime - Microsoft on the Issues - Microsoft - July 7th, 2020
- How Vodafone is helping MSMEs gear up for their business revival - YourStory - July 7th, 2020
- IP Video Surveillance And VSaaS Market Growth Analysis By Manufacturers, Regions, Types and Application Forecast - Apsters News - July 7th, 2020
- Alternatives to banned apps Shareit and Xender for file transfer - Digit - July 4th, 2020
- I Don't Care How Great These OneDrive Improvements Are, I'm Not Using It - Gizmodo UK - July 4th, 2020
- Cloud Based Storage Market with Report In Depth Industry Analysis on Trends, Growth, Opportunities and Forecast till 2024 - AlgosOnline - July 4th, 2020
- Global Cloud Storage Software Market 2020, Analysis by Growing Demand, Types, Application, Top Trends, User-Demand and Opportunities Assessment till... - July 4th, 2020
- Cloud Robotics Market to Grow at Robust CAGR in the COVID-19 - Kentucky Journal 24 - July 4th, 2020
- Global Software-Defined Storage Market 2020-2024| Surge in Cloud Adoption to Boost Market Growth | Technavio - Yahoo Finance - July 4th, 2020
- This cheap HP laptop hides a surprising secret that barely anyone noticed - TechRadar - July 4th, 2020
- NIAGARA GENEALOGY: Treasure your heirlooms and their stories - Lockport Union-Sun & Journal - July 4th, 2020
- Commvault partners with Microsoft to deliver SaaS and cloud technology - ChannelLife New Zealand - July 4th, 2020
- ZM: 3 Work From Home Stocks for the Second Half of 2020 - StockNews.com - July 4th, 2020
- Commvault and Microsoft Partner to Deliver SaaS and Cloud Technology Solutions - IT News Africa - July 4th, 2020
- Lockly Vision critique: A smart lock and a online video doorbell in a person effectively-built unit - Tech Gaming Report - July 4th, 2020
- Dell GM On Future With VMware And Besting HPE GreenLake - CRN: Technology news for channel partners and solution providers - July 4th, 2020
- Igneous CEO hands over reins to storage industry vet Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - July 2nd, 2020
- The Pros and Cons of Hybrid vs Private Cloud Computing - Mighty Gadget - July 2nd, 2020
- Will we ever have a universal file storage platform? - BroadbandDeals - July 2nd, 2020
- Microsoft is finally making one of Windows 10s most unloved features actually useful - TechRadar - July 2nd, 2020
- 6 basics of storage automation, predictive analytics and AI - TechTarget - July 2nd, 2020
- WithStand Software Now Available from Associated Research - PR Web - July 2nd, 2020
- AWS Takes the High Ground with Space Unit - EnterpriseAI - July 2nd, 2020
- Global Stand Alone Cloud Storage Market 2020 by Company, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2025 - Cole of Duty - June 29th, 2020
- Cloud Storage Gateways Market Expected to Witness the Highest Growth 2025 - Cole of Duty - June 29th, 2020
- The Global Bare Metal Cloud Market is expected to grow by $ 7.89 bn during 2020-2024 progressing at a CAGR of 39% during the forecast period - Yahoo... - June 29th, 2020
- Deploying the Best of Both Worlds: Data Orchestration for Hybrid Cloud - eWeek - June 29th, 2020
- Global Hybrid Cloud Storage Market 2020 With Size, Share, Product Types, Growth Analysis, Business Statistics, Future Prospects and Key Companies... - June 29th, 2020
- Qumulo Shift opens up scale-out NAS to AWS S3 in the cloud - ComputerWeekly.com - June 29th, 2020
- Microsofts new Windows File Recovery tool lets you retrieve deleted documents - The Verge - June 29th, 2020
- Business Cloud Storage Market To Witness the Highest Growth Globally in Coming Years 2020-2026 - Cole of Duty - June 29th, 2020
- Global Private Cloud Storage Market 2020 With Growth Rate of XX% CAGR by Competitive Factors, Innovative-Technology, Demands and Services Offered Till... - June 29th, 2020
- IHS Markit commits to three-year data and infrastructure migration to AWS cloud - ComputerWeekly.com - June 29th, 2020
- Groundhog Day Security experts decry latest US attempt to kill end-to-end encryption - The Daily Swig - June 29th, 2020
- Cloud infrastructure continues to grow in 2020 - IT-Online - June 29th, 2020
- The Future of Peer-to-Peer Online Learning Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic - Cointelegraph - June 29th, 2020
- Cloud Content Delivery Network (CDN) Market Global Outlook on Key Growth Trends, Factors and Forecast 2025 - 3rd Watch News - June 29th, 2020
- Current and Future Analysis of Hybrid Cloud Storage Software Market Over the Forecast Period to 2026 - Daily Facts N Trends - June 2nd, 2020
- KIOXIA Offers Thin Provisioning to Increase Cloud Storage Ability - Database Trends and Applications - June 2nd, 2020
- of COVID-19 Outbreak on Multi Cloud Storage Solutions, Global Market to witness - GroundAlerts.com - June 2nd, 2020
- BackupVault Cloud Backup review: Back(up) to reality | IT PRO - IT PRO - June 2nd, 2020
- Concert tickets and your couch: Online streaming platforms keep performers and venues in business | Opinion - PennLive - June 2nd, 2020
- Microsoft works with WANdisco to shift on-premises data lakes to the Azure cloud - Blocks and Files - June 2nd, 2020
- Cloud Robotics Market 2020 Size, Share, Trends, Top Manufacturers, Regional Analysis, Business Growth, Applications, Emerging Opportunities And... - June 2nd, 2020
- Samsung's Galaxy M11 takes the fight to the Redmi Note 8 in India - Android Central - June 2nd, 2020
- Managing the capacity for remote work - ITWeb - June 2nd, 2020
- Tech Q&A: Reaching the limits of unlimited storage in Google Photos - telegraphherald.com - June 1st, 2020
- Impact of Covid-19 Outbreak on Cloud Storage Market 2020 Trends, Growth Opportunities, Demand, Application, Top Companies and Industry Forecast 2026 -... - June 1st, 2020
- Global Cloud Storage Market: Leading Segments and their Growth Drivers 2020-2026 - ITResearchBrief.com - June 1st, 2020
- Pure Storage CEO On Why The Firm Was 'Well Positioned' Before COVID-19 Hit And What's Next - CRN: Technology news for channel partners and solution... - June 1st, 2020
- Wasabi CEO David Friend: New $30 Million Funding Round Comes From 'Family Offices,' Not Venture Capital - CRN: Technology news for channel partners... - June 1st, 2020
- How to Take Your Work Offline in Case of an Emergency - WIRED - June 1st, 2020
- Data protection best practice more important than ever in cloud environment - ITWeb - June 1st, 2020
- E-Discovery Preservation: What to Consider as Offices Open Back Up from COVID-19 - JD Supra - June 1st, 2020
- Dell's OneFS for Google Cloud. What do the competitors think? - Blocks and Files - June 1st, 2020
- 69% off and free cloud storage makes this VPN deal one of the best around right now - TechRadar India - May 19th, 2020
- GoodFirms Survey: Around 92.13% People Believe Cloud Storage have Influenced their Data Habits - WhaTech - May 19th, 2020
- Best practices and need of cloud storage for protecting corporate and personal data - CRN.in - May 19th, 2020