Daniel Harris Major
I have tested 40+ crypto brokers. You can find the best cryptocurrency brokers below. This is by far the easiest way to get started with cryptocurrencies.
Cryptocurrency trading has become really popular in the past years. Its growing more ever year.
Many big trading brokers have already added some of these cryptocurrencies. Everybody can sign up and start trading Bitcoin or other crypto coins. This is the easiest and probably the simplest way to invest in cryptocurrency.
After trying out most brokers, here are the best cryptocurrency brokers:
Rated #1 out of 40+ tested brokers.
Plus500 is one of the most known names in the trading industry. They have a really low minimum deposit requirement and a great trading site.
Buy/Sell Bitcoin on Plus500 in addition to buying stocks, commodities, forex etc. Plus500 is the most complete trading platform.
80.6% of retail CFD accounts lose money. Plus500CY Ltd authorized & regulated by CySEC (#250/14).
Rated #2 out of 40+ tested brokers.
eToro is a really popular trading site. They have been around since 2006. eToro is regulated by CYSEC, FCA and ASIC.
Buy/Sell Bitcoin on eToro in addition to buying stocks, commodities, forex etc. eToro is the most complete trading platform.
eToro Disclaimer: 75% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider.
Rated #3 out of 40+ tested brokers.
If you dont want to make a huge initial investment, then IQ Option is the best broker for you. The minimum deposit requirement is only $10. This is by far the lowest in the industry.
IQ Option Pros:
IQ Option Cons:
Rated #4 out of 40+ tested brokers.
Due to regulation HighLow stopped accepting traders from the EU and UK.
Highlow is an Australian trading broker (AFSL No.364264). What I like most about this broker is the intuitive platform. It is so easy to use. Especially new traders will like the clean layout.
Ive been using highlow for a few years now and I never had a problem. Highlow publishes their number of trades on the homepage. There are millions of trades on this broker each month.
I use the main platform which is web based. This means, that you dont have to download any software. This platform is stable and safe (they use SSL).
I have also tried the iOS app and the android app. They are great, but I just dont like trading on smartphones in general.
The payouts on Highlow are amazing (up to 200%, which is more than on other brokers).
Highlow is a great broker for cryptocurrencies (but only if you are not from EU,UK, US). They have a good reputation, great support team and awesome promotions for new traders.
Here are the most popular cryptocurrencies offered by cryptocurrency brokers:
These are the best brokers with low minimum deposit requirements:
This is really important because the crypto market itself is unregulated. Depositing on a regulated broker means that your money is safe.
Weve also looked at the support team and the payment methods. You can deposit easily using multiple payment methods on the brokers below.
While we are all familiar with the broad definition of a broker, is there something more to it when it comes to cryptocurrencies?
Simply put, a cryptocurrency broker refers to a website that traders will visit to trade cryptocurrencies at a set price. In many ways, they are similar to forex brokers whose services are a lot more familiar to the general public.
Plus500 Disclaimer: 80.6% of retail CFD accounts lose money.eToro Disclaimer: 75% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider.
You still cant decide which broker is best for you?
Is Leverage Really Necessary? Cryptocurrency markets are volatile in nature with prices fluctuating immensely thereby generating high profits even in the absence of leverage. But for some traders, the desire for more earnings justifies the use of leverage.
Before choosing your broker, settle yourself on whether the already immense profits that come from a cryptocurrency market are enough for you or you would like to use leverage to enhance them even further, bearing in mind, of course, that will also significantly increase the risk factor to your funds.
Negative Balance Protection: It is always advisable to trade with a broker that affords the negative balance protection facility. That way, you will never be at risk of losing more than what you invested in case you sustain very heavy losses.
How Suitable Is The Required Capital For You? This is another subjective part to your decision. Do you prefer trading with a small capital or bigger one to help you zero in on bigger returns? Find out what size trades your broker is offering before you open an account.
Narrow Spreads for the Win: Let us be honest, it is only fair that your broker gets a cut from the money you generated having provided you with the essential facilities for it and all. But let us be honest, you definitely want every last dime for yourself.
A spread refers to the difference between the buying price and selling price of a trade and it varies with each broker. The spread is what counts as fees for your broker so the smaller it is, the lower the cost will be on your part.
Lets go into what aspects you as a trader must consider when choosing a broker to trade cryptocurrencies.
Make sure you have decided on which cryptocurrencies you want to trade in before signing up with your broker.
If your choice is a prominent cryptocurrency like Bitcoin (official site), Litecoin (official site), or Ethereum(official site), there will be a relatively broad availability of brokers that have trading options for those. However, less prevalent examples like Monero, IOTA, or Zcash may be a little harder to come by.
So study the cryptocurrencies being offered by a broker before you sign up for an account.
Plus500 Disclaimer: 80.6% of retail CFD accounts lose money.eToro Disclaimer: 75% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider.
No broker is perfect.
Here are some features that these broker have or dont:
Here are some of the more understated details about your cryptocurrency broker that could make your trading experiences so much more efficient and successful.
1. What Are The Weekend Hours Like?
This is a key detail that distinguishes cryptocurrencies from other prominent trading markets like forex, futures, and equity. Cryptocurrency brokers operate during the weekends as well.
There is virtually no difference in purchasing bitcoin at the end of the week as opposed to the middle of the week during peak hours.
But there is a catch. While digital currency exchanges are available during the weekend, your broker may not (Why is the stock market closed on the weekend?). So in effect, if there is considerable movement within your relevant cryptocurrency market during a weekend when your broker is not operating, you may not have the ability to respond in any way.
2. How Is It Hedging?
Your broker is probably not keen on revealing if it is hedging cryptocurrency traders but it is important information for you to know.
Why is it so important for you to know?
Because, as a trader, you want to be absolutely in the clear regarding the policies for risk management being followed by your broker. Let us not forget that cryptocurrency markets are extremely volatile and an unhedged broker is more easily prone to major losses incurred by its clients. Naturally, those costs will warrant compensation via fatter spreads and additional costs for traders. It will be best to sign up with a broker that will not withhold the relevant information from you.
Commissions and Trading On Margin An important thing to note while trading cryptocurrencies is that their prices tend to be more similar to equities than they are to real currencies. So your broker could be charging you commissions in addition to a wide spread on each trade. That, of course, raises the cost probably a bit much for your liking.
Another similarity with equities is that the margin conditions with cryptocurrencies are significantly more than they are with forex or CFDs. Consequently, leverage is usually up to 10x. How considerable the margin rate will be for traders is down to what trading strategies and risk management they subscribe to.
Authenticity of Market Data Aside from merely evaluating how it influences spreads, market data for cryptocurrency CFD prices can be a good indicator of how the quality of the product will be in the future.
One of the more recent examples of this is BTC-e which was an immensely popular platform for trading bitcoin before it was shut down by Feds. BTC-e was the first bitcoin exchange to incorporate forex trades and so made their exchange accessible via MT4 and supplied cryptocurrency liquidity for brokers.
But once it was shut down, every broker that depended squarely upon BTC-e was left with no hedging options or market data to put a price on its crypto CFDs.
Are Short Sales Available? For many traders, shorting is a crucial strategy option, the lack of which can be a deal breaker with a potential broker. Many brokers tend to offer long only since there are only a few hedging solutions when opening short trades.
As you see, investing in cryptocurrencies can be a truly lucrative venture for you but only if you get it right.
And a lot of that is down to which broker you decide to trade with.
Trade with the cryptocurrency brokers listed above to make sure that your money is safe, you pick a broker with a stellar reputation and you keep the fees low. Excel at trading bitcoin by creating your own trading strategy.
These cryptocurrency brokers make it really easy to trade bitcoin and other coins. You dont have to be a trading expert. It helps if you know what a blockchain is or how the ledger and transactions work, but this is all optional.
Sign up now and see for yourself how easy it is to get started.
- Cryptocurrencies | Category | Fox Business - November 1st, 2019
- Best cryptocurrency to Invest 2019 - The Complete Guide - November 1st, 2019
- Best Cryptocurrency to Invest 2019 Our Top 4 Picks - October 22nd, 2019
- Buy Cryptocurrency with Credit Card or Bank Transfer now ... - September 30th, 2019
- Fidelity Said to Offer Cryptocurrency Trading Within a Few ... - May 10th, 2019
- Is This Cryptocurrency The Next Bitcoin? - forbes.com - April 28th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Definition | Bankrate.com - April 26th, 2019
- Samsung is developing its own blockchain network, report claims - April 26th, 2019
- 2019s best cryptocurrency wallets | 70+ compared | finder.com - April 26th, 2019
- What is cryptocurrency? - Definition from WhatIs.com - April 25th, 2019
- A Beginner's Guide to Cryptocoin Mining: What You Need to ... - April 25th, 2019
- How Cryptocurrency Assets Are Becoming A New Battleground In ... - April 21st, 2019
- What is Cryptocurrency: Cryptocurrency Explained the Easy Way - April 13th, 2019
- How to trade cryptocurrency in the UK - finance.yahoo.com - April 8th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Trading | TD Ameritrade - April 8th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Prices, Charts, and Market Cap Data - UNHASHED - April 8th, 2019
- Blow To Bitcoin As World's Largest Cryptocurrency IPO Is Iced - April 2nd, 2019
- How and where do I report Cryptocurrency coin-to-coin ... - March 22nd, 2019
- Hundreds of Millions in Cryptocurrency Vanishes After ... - March 11th, 2019
- Fidelity's new cryptocurrency company is up and running ... - March 9th, 2019
- JPMorgan is creating its own cryptocurrency - CNN - March 6th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Says It Can't Access $190 Million ... - February 5th, 2019
- What's the Best Cryptocurrency to Invest in Today? - January 9th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Trading Easy tips to get started | AvaTrade - January 9th, 2019
- Thailand Issues 4 Cryptocurrency Licenses, Rejects 2 ... - January 9th, 2019
- NASDAQ, Fidelity Invest in New Cryptocurrency Exchange ... - January 9th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News | Cryptocurrency News | Blockchain ... - January 9th, 2019
- Differences Between Cryptocurrency Coins and Tokens - January 9th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Charts - January 8th, 2019
- What is cryptocurrency? - cointelegraph.com - January 4th, 2019
- Blockchain Will Survive A Cryptocurrency Apocalypse - January 1st, 2019
- Cryptocurrency - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - December 25th, 2018
- Is Cryptocurrency Dead for Good? | Investopedia - December 6th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency scammers dupe Singaporeans out of $78,000 in ... - December 6th, 2018
- Invest in Cryptocurrency With Spare Change - Black Enterprise - November 28th, 2018
- What is Mining Cryptocurrency? What you need to know... - November 26th, 2018
- Saudi Arabia Will Launch Its Own Cryptocurrency in 2019 ... - November 23rd, 2018
- Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrency Prices Are Crashing Again ... - November 17th, 2018
- Homepage - Cryptocurrency Army - November 14th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency - Simple English Wikipedia, the free ... - November 14th, 2018
- How To Create Your Own Cryptocurrency - fastcompany.com - November 14th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency price plunge worse than bursting of dotcom ... - September 18th, 2018
- Iran, North Korea and Venezuela turning to cryptocurrency ... - September 12th, 2018
- SEC halts trading in two cryptocurrency products, citing ... - September 12th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency News, ICO Reviews & Blockchain Updates ... - September 9th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency "miners," utilities look for ways to get along ... - August 29th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency: Virtual money, real power, and the fight ... - August 28th, 2018
- Pornhub Now Accepts PumaPay Cryptocurrency - August 27th, 2018
- NK hackers target Mac users with trojan cryptocurrency app ... - August 27th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency: The unlucky investors who got in at the wrong ... - August 26th, 2018
- cryptocurrency coins Archives - The Industry Spread - August 26th, 2018
- cryptocurrency Archives - Page 6 of 6 - The Industry Spread - August 26th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency investment in SMSF - hallandwilcox.com.au - August 26th, 2018
- How To Choose The Best Cryptocurrency Wallet - Crypto News AU - August 26th, 2018
- Courses | Cryptocurrency Australia - August 26th, 2018
- What Every Investor Should Know Before Buying Cryptocurrency ... - August 26th, 2018
- The biggest cryptocurrency hack in the history of blockchain - August 26th, 2018
- After the Bitcoin Boom: Hard Lessons for Cryptocurrency ... - August 21st, 2018
- Cryptocurrency Rankings | CryptoSlate - August 14th, 2018
- Bitcoin price falls after SEC postpones key ETF decision - August 12th, 2018
- Brokers Cryptocurrency Deals Are Focus of SEC Review ... - August 7th, 2018
- 7 Cryptocurrency Predictions for the Rest of 2018 - August 7th, 2018
- Have a Cryptocurrency Company? Bermuda, Malta or Gibraltar ... - July 31st, 2018
- Bitcoin price live: Latest updates as cryptocurrency ... - July 22nd, 2018
- 2018 Bahamas Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Conference - July 16th, 2018
- Best Cryptocurrency Trading Platform 2018 | Top Crypto ... - July 13th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency: Advantages And Disadvantages Explained - July 12th, 2018
- ATB Coin - The fastest and most secure payment system - June 19th, 2018
- An Illustrated Glossary of Cryptocurrency Slang (Infographic) - June 19th, 2018
- Apollo All-in-One Cryptocurrency - June 3rd, 2018
- Cryptocurrency News, ICO Database, Coin Rankings and ... - May 25th, 2018
- CoinLib - Cryptocurrency prices now - May 21st, 2018
- Cryptocurrency Market Capitalizations | CoinMarketCap - May 4th, 2018
- CryptoCurrency Market , Coin Prices & Charts, Crypto ... - April 28th, 2018
- Nasdaq open to cryptocurrency exchange in future, says CEO - April 27th, 2018
- The 4 Top Cryptocurrency Mining Stocks -- The Motley Fool - April 27th, 2018
- One in five financial institutions consider cryptocurrency ... - April 27th, 2018
- New hacks siphon private cryptocurrency keys from ... - April 27th, 2018
- What Is Cryptocurrency? - dummies - April 21st, 2018
- Cryptocurrency Market Surges to $365 Billion, Start of a ... - April 21st, 2018