Cryptocurrencies have performed debatably in 2018, yet are continuing to attract new investors in 2019.
However, most beginners have difficulties finding the best cryptocurrency to invest in 2019. Weve all been there, so dont worry! I understand how confusing it is when you first begin looking for new cryptocurrency investments. And thats why Im here to help.
So, are you also looking for the next cryptocurrencies to invest in 2019? Do you find yourself wondering Should I be investing in Bitcoin? or Should I be in investing in Ethereum?
Well, wonder no longer! Im here to answer all your questions. By the end of this guide, youll know how to find cryptocurrencies to invest in 2019.
But first, lets talk you through the recent growth of cryptocurrencies.
The first cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, was invented back in 2009. That was just the beginning though, and nobody really knew about Bitcoin until 2013. Additionally, no one even thought that it might become the best cryptocurrency to invest. However, since 2013 the cryptocurrency market has seen huge growth growth that has been hard to ignore. Such growth and market size can be compared to some of the very traditional retail markets, for example, multibillion mattress market (you didnt think of it, did you?). This market has experienced a vast growth of such skyrocketing mattress companies as Casper or Nectar, very similar to Bitcoin and Ethereum rising in the digital world.There are now more than 1500 different cryptocurrencies, all created in less than 5 years.
Its clear that 2017 was the year crypto really blew up. The market cap of cryptocurrencies grew by 4000%! The market cap of all cryptocurrencies was around $21 billion in March 2017, whereas it is now over $454 billion. Thats huge!
Market cap: The total price of all coins added together.
The cryptocurrency market isnt just about Bitcoin anymore. There are other cryptocurrencies that have entered the space, such as Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple. All of these have performed incredibly well over the last year and are the best cryptocurrency to invest in.
The following chart from CoinMarketCap shows the growth of cryptocurrencies over the years.
There are a lot of things being said about the future of cryptocurrencies. Some people believe that the cryptocurrency phase wont last long, while others think theyre going to be around forever.
It is difficult to predict the future of cryptocurrencies, but what I do know is that the popularity of cryptocurrencies is only increasing. One of the reasons why cryptocurrencies are becoming more popular is because of blockchain technology, which is the main technology behind all cryptocurrencies.
Blockchain technology is the next big thing it is secure, trustless technology that was first used by Bitcoin. You cant learn how to invest in blockchain, though. Instead, you can learn how to invest in the cryptocurrencies that use blockchain (which is all of them!)
Are you ready to find out about the next cryptocurrency to invest in 2019? Well, lets get started.
If somehow, youve only heard of one cryptocurrency, its probably Bitcoin. It is the biggest cryptocurrency it currently has a 40%i share in the total cryptocurrency market cap! It is the oldest cryptocurrency and it still dominates in the market. So, if Bitcoin continues to increase as it did in 2017, then investing in Bitcoin might be a good idea for 2019.
The price of Bitcoin changes a lot every day and has seen many highs and lows over the last few years. Take a look at the following chart and you will see just how much the price changes.
The price of 1 Bitcoin has gone from around $76 (07.09.13) to as high as $20,000 in December 2017. But then after Bitcoin reached its highest point in December, the price of Bitcoin dropped to around $6000 in February 2018 and has been dropping even further ever since. Its crazy!
With the price changing so much in such a short space of time, how do you decide what the best time is for investing in Bitcoin?
Well, we can try to find the answers by looking at some important past events when the price went up or down by a large amount.
If you want to invest in Bitcoin then you need to stay up to date with the latest news and trends around Bitcoin. When news is released about a new technical improvement, you might want to think about buying Bitcoin. If there is a huge fall in price of Bitcoin, then that too might be a good time to buy Bitcoin because you can buy it a low price.
If you have already decided to invest in cryptocurrencies, then it might be a good idea to start by investing in Bitcoin. Even though you have missed the first major opportunity to invest, investing in Bitcoin could still be a good idea.
It all depends on whether you believe in the future of Bitcoin. If you believe in it, you should think about investing in it. If you dont, then I recommend that you stay away from it. Its the same with any investment!
Towards the end of last year, the price of Ethereum was slightly higher than $720, with a total market cap of around $70 billion. At the beginning of 2018, Ethereum climbed and reached its highest price of $1423 on January 4. At this time, the total market cap for Ethereum was at $138 billion!
Ethereum grew by about 3000% in the year 2017 and became the second largest cryptocurrency, placing second behind Bitcoin.
Are you asking yourself, Should I invest in Ethereum? or Is the price of Ethereum already at its peak?. Well, the truth is, nobody knows! However, the following information should help you decide whether investing in Ethereum is a good option for you.
The chart below shows how Ethereum has grown over the last few years.
Below are the key events that have most affected the price of Ethereum in the past:
Unlike Bitcoin, Ethereum is not just a digital currency. It is a more advanced blockchain project. This is because Ethereum offers something special by using Ethereums platform, developers can build their own cryptocurrencies.
Imagine that you would like to build a blockchain-based solution for managing the supply chain of your business. Well, thanks to Ethereum, you dont need to start from the beginning. Instead, you can just build an application on Ethereums blockchain. Ethereum makes it much easier for new blockchain projects to launch.
So, is Ethereum your next cryptocurrency to invest in 2019?
I recommend that you think about adding Ethereum to your list, as I think it could be one of the best cryptocurrency to invest 2019.
Julian Hosp, a blockchain expert, said that the market cap of Ethereum could rise to $200 billion by the end of 2019.If Hosps prediction is correct, the price of Ethereum will reach up to $2000. Hosps reason behind the prediction is based mostly on the ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings) that decided to use the Ethereum blockchain in 2018 & 2019.
Ethereum also plans to improve their technology a lot this year, with new protocols almost ready to go. So, watch out for Ethereum!
To learn more about Ethereum, read our Ethereum vs Bitcoin guide.
Ripple, also known as XRP, was one of the best performing cryptocurrencies in 2017 with growth of around 36,000%! Yes, you read that right. It grew from almost $0 at the beginning of 2017 and reached $2.4 in December 2017 as you can see in the following chart.
Like all other cryptocurrencies, the price of Ripple has also decreased in 2018 it is currently set at $0.36.
I know what youre thinking you missed a great opportunity by not investing Ripple in early 2017. While thats true, Ripple could still be a good option to consider as your next cryptocurrency to invest in 2019.
Even though the price of one XRP is a lot lower than the price of one Bitcoin, XRP is still the third largest cryptocurrency by market cap. In May 2018, it had a total market cap of around $35 billion.
So, what is it about Ripple that has made it so popular for investors?
The main reason for Ripples popularity is that it is not just a digital currency, but also a payment system. Ripple uses blockchain technology to make international payments securer and faster.
If you tried to make an international bank payment today, it would take around 2-10 days for the transaction to process. The same payment, when done using Ripple, takes a few seconds. How awesome is that!
But theres more good news many large financial institutions like American Express, JP Morgan and Santander are already using Ripples technology. Also, Ripple has been working with the Saudi Arabia Central Bank, Chinas LianLian International and other banks from around the world.
So, if youre wondering how to invest in blockchain, then Ripple might be the best answer.
Based on what I just explained, Ripples future in financial industry could be a good one. You should watch out for Ripple and learn more about their partnerships. Look out for new partnerships too if Ripple signs a contract with another large bank, then it could increase the price of XRP.
The investors, who understood the services that are offered by Ripple, have made a lot of money. After a fantastic 2017, Ripple could just be the best cryptocurrency to invest in 2019.
Note: Now might be a good time to invest in Ripple, as its price has dropped 70% lower than its an all-time high of $3.4 in January 2017.
Our list of what is the best cryptocurrency to invest in 2019cannot be complete without Litecoin. Just like Ripple, Litecoin showed great performance in 2017 with a growth of almost 8000%.
The price of Litecoin grew from around $4 at the beginning of 2017 to a high of $358 in December 2017.However, just like most cryptocurrencies, Litecoin also followed the price trend and dropped to $110 in February 2018.
Take a look at Litecoins price chart below you can see the quick rise in the price of Litecoin at the beginning of 2018. The price of both Litecoin and Bitcoin has followed a similar trend over the last year.
Litecoin is the 5th largest cryptocurrency with a market cap of around $11 billion. Litecoin continues to interest investors because of its close connection to Bitcoin. Providing a good reason for Litecoin to be on our list for the next cryptocurrency to invest in 2019.
Litecoin was created in 2011 to improve upon Bitcoins technology. Litecoin completes a transaction 4 times faster than Bitcoin. However, unlike Bitcoin, the maximum number of Litecoin is capped at 84 million 4 times more than the coin supply of Bitcoin (21 million).
Litecoin was the first cryptocurrency to perform a Lightning Network transaction in May 2017. Using the Lightning Network, 0.00000001 Litecoin was transferred from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second!Once Litecoin starts using the Lightning Network, it could increase the price of the Litecoin!
Lightning Network: A new technology that increases the speed of transactions on the blockchain network.
How do investors make decisions they want to invest in real estate or stocks? Do they start making investments the moment they think about it? My guess is that the answer to that question is no!
Before you invest in anything, you need a clear understanding of what your investment goals are and how you will achieve them. You want a good idea of how long you are prepared to keep your investment open, and what amount of profit you are happy to take.
You should have the same mindset with cryptocurrency investments. Before you decide what the next cryptocurrency to invest in 2019 is for you, lets discuss the two main types of investment strategies for cryptocurrencies.
A long-term investment is one where you expect a cryptocurrency to perform better over a longer period of time. Simple! Normally, the minimum time for long-term investment is 6 months to 1 year. Although, some people plan to hold onto their investments for 5-10+ years. Its up to you how you choose to invest; you can either make your full investment in one go, or you can invest at different times.
Long-term Investment Strategy
Once again, before investing any amount, you must have a clear idea of what your investment goals are:
Next, you should do some research to decide which cryptocurrencies are best as long-term investments. I recommend that you check for the following:
If you really believe in the cryptocurrency you invest in, you should learn to hold on to your investment even when the prices drop. If you panic sell, then you could lose money and regret selling.
Short-term investments are made over shorter time periods in the hope of making quick profits. So, just how short is a short-term investment?
Short-term investments can take seconds, minutes, days or even a few months.
Just like long-term investing, you need to have clear goals for your investment. You need to be asking yourself:
You need to find out which is the best cryptocurrency to invest in 2019 for the short-term. Cryptocurrencies that have the following are good options for short-term investments:
While cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum can also be traded in the short-term, you should think about investing in the newer cryptocurrencies. Investors have made huge profits in the past with short-term investments including some of the major, but newest cryptocurrency investments like NEO, Stellar, IOTA, and NEM.
The main advantage of short-term investments is that you can make a lot of money in a short amount of time they have made a lot of people rich quickly. However, they still have their disadvantages.
So, what are they?
Its difficult to say which is the better option of the two investment strategies. It all depends on your goals and experience in the cryptocurrency market.
If you really believe in a project, then I recommend that you invest in the long term. However, if a project is new and is generating a lot of attention, then short-term trading could be the better option.
While cryptocurrencies can give you huge profits, you must be prepared for one more thing to lose money. Remember, your predictions wont always be right! Nobody truly knows what is going to happen to the price of a cryptocurrency or any other investment.
Do you know what most of the expert cryptocurrency investors say? You should only invest money that you are not afraid to lose. Its great advice, so always remember it!
So, this is the end of our Best Cryptocurrency to Invest 2019guide. I hope that you now know which investment strategy will work best for you and that you have a good understanding of what makes a good investment.
Which of the cryptocurrencies I mentioned is your favorite? Do you have a pick for the best cryptocurrency to invest in 2019?
*Note: this article is a personal opinion. Before making any investment decisions you should consult with a professional.
- Bank of England to consider adopting cryptocurrency - The Guardian - January 22nd, 2020
- Crypto Tidbits: Bitcoin Hits $9,000, Institutional Cryptocurrency Investment Spikes, NBA Team Uses Ethereum - newsBTC - January 22nd, 2020
- How Cybercriminals Are Converting Cryptocurrency to Cash - BankInfoSecurity.com - January 22nd, 2020
- UK offers $130K for software that can trace Bitcoin, Ethereum, and (hopefully) Monero - The Next Web - January 22nd, 2020
- Hackers have got their hands on $11 billion in stolen cryptocurrency since 2011 - SmartCompany.com.au - January 22nd, 2020
- Thailand launches probe into $2.46M cryptocurrency pyramid scam - The Next Web - January 22nd, 2020
- Moonday Mornings: Its 2020 and the OneCoin scam is still alive - The Next Web - January 22nd, 2020
- $140,600,000 in Bitcoin (BTC) Exits Cryptocurrency Exchange As Whale Moves $6,320,422 in XRP - The Daily Hodl - January 22nd, 2020
- Cryptocurrency No longer banned in India? - The Coin Republic - January 22nd, 2020
- Akons AKOIN Cryptocurrency City White Paper to be Live by February 2020 - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - January 22nd, 2020
- BTC/USD: Will 2020 Bring Clear Vision to the Oldest Cryptocurrency? - FXStreet - January 16th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Two-day recovery on the rocks as Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple trim gains - FXStreet - January 16th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin bulls hit the pause button, altcoins follow the lead - FXStreet - January 16th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency billionaire funds SF-wide web of cameras to help fight crime - KRON4 - January 16th, 2020
- North Korea is Holding a Secretive Cryptocurrency Conference, and Experts Warn it's a Very Bad Idea to Attend - Newsweek - January 16th, 2020
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP/USD capitalizes on the global cryptocurrency bulls' run - FXStreet - January 16th, 2020
- Bitcoin rises as cryptocurrency has its best January since 2012 - SiliconANGLE News - January 16th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency and Remittance: The Case of Mexico - Crypto Education - Altcoin Buzz - January 16th, 2020
- Ethereum (ETH) - Based Cryptocurrency Tested By The Reserve Bank of Australia as Payment Tool - U.Today - January 16th, 2020
- $1.4B in illicit Bitcoin was laundered via Binance and Huobi last year, report says - The Next Web - January 16th, 2020
- How to minimize the cryptocurrency tax burden this tax season - Canadian Lawyer Magazine - January 16th, 2020
- The future of cryptocurrency - Lexology - January 13th, 2020
- Analyst: Bitcoin Will Skyrocket to $100,000 in 24 Months and Theres Nothing You Can Do About It - CCN.com - January 13th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Slowly Recovers as Buyers Fail to Emerge - Coin Idol - January 13th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Has Earned Its Place as a Safe Haven - Investorplace.com - January 13th, 2020
- eToro CEO On Bitcoin Dominance in the Cryptocurrency Market - The Coin Republic - January 13th, 2020
- Moonday Mornings: Ethereum dev released on $1M bail over North Korea case - The Next Web - January 13th, 2020
- As Bitcoin Struggles, This Minor Cryptocurrency Is Up Almost 500% Over The Past 12 Months - Forbes - January 12th, 2020
- What to expect from cryptocurrency legislation in 2020 - Yahoo Finance - January 12th, 2020
- South Korea Moves Toward Institutional Acceptance of Cryptocurrency - Nasdaq - January 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Cap May Surge 37%. But There's One 'If' - U.Today - January 12th, 2020
- Financial Services Agency to limit leverage in cryptocurrency margin trading to twice the deposits made by traders - The Japan Times - January 12th, 2020
- Naive IoT botnet wastes its time mining cryptocurrency - ZDNet - January 12th, 2020
- Directors of bogus Ugandan cryptocurrency startup charged after 4,000 investor complaints - The Next Web - January 12th, 2020
- Can digital gold Bitcoin ever be mined in India? - ETCIO.com - January 12th, 2020
- 321 Cryptocurrency Whales Control Staggering Amounts of Bitcoin, Ethereum And Litecoin - The Daily Hodl - January 12th, 2020
- Why the Worlds Most Used Cryptocurrency isnt Bitcoin - NewsLogical - January 12th, 2020
- South Korea Works to Bring Cryptocurrency Into the Mainstream - The Diplomat - January 5th, 2020
- Most Significant Hacks of 2019 New Record of Twelve in One Year - Cointelegraph - January 5th, 2020
- Why a Technical Analyst Believes Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Will Surge by 80% - newsBTC - January 5th, 2020
- Why Analysts Are Bullish On Cryptocurrency As Bitcoin Turns 11 - Ethereum World News - January 5th, 2020
- Bitcoin is on the Cusp of a Major Price Movement - Crypto Briefing - January 5th, 2020
- 7 Big Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Predictions for 2020 - The Daily Hodl - January 5th, 2020
- China and Russia begin testing cryptocurrency - Born2Invest - January 5th, 2020
- Ethereum Foundation is an opaque Swiss foundation related to cryptocurrency - AMBCrypto - January 5th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency in Arab World: Clock is Ticking, But Pace is Slow - Finance Magnates - January 5th, 2020
- National Governments Around The Globe Look To Embrace Blockchain - Forbes - January 5th, 2020
- Chinas Dichotomy Between Cryptocurrency And Blockchain - Forbes - December 31st, 2019
- What Is a Cryptocurrency? We Need Clearer Definitions - Coindesk - December 31st, 2019
- Ian Balina, The Controversial Face Of Cryptocurrency - Nasdaq - December 31st, 2019
- Cryptocurrency This Week: YouTube Removes Crypto Videos; Russia Bomb Threats Over A Bitcoin Fraud And More - Inc42 Media - December 31st, 2019
- How To Really Help Free North Koreans Through Crypto - Forbes - December 31st, 2019
- The Dividing of Bitcoin to shake markets of cryptocurrency - Market Research Sheets - December 28th, 2019
- The $3 Bilion Bitcoin Dump Isnt Going to Happen - newsBTC - December 27th, 2019
- Googles YouTube Goes To War With Bitcoin And Crypto - Forbes - December 26th, 2019
- Top five cryptocurrency guides of 2019 - Yahoo Finance - December 26th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency is a tool for speculation not an investment - The Globe and Mail - December 26th, 2019
- Rakuten Wallet Will Allow Users to Convert Their Loyalty Points to Cryptocurrency - CryptoVibes - December 26th, 2019
- Top China Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Headlines of 2019 - Crowdfund Insider - December 26th, 2019
- How to Make Money with Cryptocurrency: Beginner's Guide 2019 - December 24th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Market News - Bitcoin and Altcoins News - December 24th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency For Beginners - CryptoCurrency Facts - December 24th, 2019
- Crypto Legislation 2020: Analysis Of 21 Cryptocurrency And Blockchain Bills In Congress - Forbes - December 24th, 2019
- This Trader Sees No Value in Ripple and Its Cryptocurrency XRP - newsBTC - December 24th, 2019
- Why XRP Isnt Surging in Tandem With Rest of the Cryptocurrency Market - newsBTC - December 24th, 2019
- Hackers steal $480,000 worth of NULS cryptocurrency from its dev team - The Next Web - December 24th, 2019
- How VeChain Cryptocurrency Was Able to Track and Freeze $6.1M of Stolen Funds - newsBTC - December 24th, 2019
- This bizarre anime cryptocurrency is now ranked 12 in the world - Decrypt - December 24th, 2019
- Zimbabwe Could End Corruption With This Cryptocurrency Initiative - Bitcoinist - December 24th, 2019
- How will Bitcoin halving shake the cryptocurrency market in 2020? - FXStreet - December 24th, 2019
- How China's National Cryptocurrency Will Improve the Nation's Economy - Bitcoinist - December 24th, 2019
- Why This Developer of the Controversial HEX Cryptocurrency Accused of Scam Left - newsBTC - December 24th, 2019
- Could there be a halal cryptocurrency? - The Malaysian Reserve - December 24th, 2019
- Even 2019s Strongest Cryptocurrency is Unable to Escape the Bear Market - newsBTC - December 24th, 2019
- Why Analysts Across the Board Expect Bitcoin Price to Surge by 8% - newsBTC - December 24th, 2019
- Investors who lost $190m demand exhumation of cryptocurrency mogul - The Guardian - December 14th, 2019
- This little-known cryptocurrency is heading towards the top ten - Decrypt - December 14th, 2019
- Moonday Mornings: IRS readies to tax your cryptocurrency no matter what - The Next Web - December 14th, 2019
- $1.6B in Bitcoin bought during 2017s bull run hasnt moved - The Next Web - December 14th, 2019
- ING bank wants to give clients a compliant way to store cryptocurrency, report - The Next Web - December 14th, 2019