Cryptocurrencies have performed debatably in 2018, yet are continuing to attract new investors in 2019.
However, most beginners have difficulties finding the best cryptocurrency to invest in 2019. Weve all been there, so dont worry! I understand how confusing it is when you first begin looking for new cryptocurrency investments. And thats why Im here to help.
So, are you also looking for the next cryptocurrencies to invest in 2019? Do you find yourself wondering Should I be investing in Bitcoin? or Should I be in investing in Ethereum?
Well, wonder no longer! Im here to answer all your questions. By the end of this guide, youll know how to find cryptocurrencies to invest in 2019.
But first, lets talk you through the recent growth of cryptocurrencies.
The first cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, was invented back in 2009. That was just the beginning though, and nobody really knew about Bitcoin until 2013. Additionally, no one even thought that it might become the best cryptocurrency to invest. However, since 2013 the cryptocurrency market has seen huge growth growth that has been hard to ignore. Such growth and market size can be compared to some of the very traditional retail markets, for example, multibillion mattress market (you didnt think of it, did you?). This market has experienced a vast growth of such skyrocketing mattress companies as Casper or Nectar, very similar to Bitcoin and Ethereum rising in the digital world.There are now more than 1500 different cryptocurrencies, all created in less than 5 years.
Its clear that 2017 was the year crypto really blew up. The market cap of cryptocurrencies grew by 4000%! The market cap of all cryptocurrencies was around $21 billion in March 2017, whereas it is now over $454 billion. Thats huge!
Market cap: The total price of all coins added together.
The cryptocurrency market isnt just about Bitcoin anymore. There are other cryptocurrencies that have entered the space, such as Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple. All of these have performed incredibly well over the last year and are the best cryptocurrency to invest in.
The following chart from CoinMarketCap shows the growth of cryptocurrencies over the years.
There are a lot of things being said about the future of cryptocurrencies. Some people believe that the cryptocurrency phase wont last long, while others think theyre going to be around forever.
It is difficult to predict the future of cryptocurrencies, but what I do know is that the popularity of cryptocurrencies is only increasing. One of the reasons why cryptocurrencies are becoming more popular is because of blockchain technology, which is the main technology behind all cryptocurrencies.
Blockchain technology is the next big thing it is secure, trustless technology that was first used by Bitcoin. You cant learn how to invest in blockchain, though. Instead, you can learn how to invest in the cryptocurrencies that use blockchain (which is all of them!)
Are you ready to find out about the next cryptocurrency to invest in 2019? Well, lets get started.
If somehow, youve only heard of one cryptocurrency, its probably Bitcoin. It is the biggest cryptocurrency it currently has a 40%i share in the total cryptocurrency market cap! It is the oldest cryptocurrency and it still dominates in the market. So, if Bitcoin continues to increase as it did in 2017, then investing in Bitcoin might be a good idea for 2019.
The price of Bitcoin changes a lot every day and has seen many highs and lows over the last few years. Take a look at the following chart and you will see just how much the price changes.
The price of 1 Bitcoin has gone from around $76 (07.09.13) to as high as $20,000 in December 2017. But then after Bitcoin reached its highest point in December, the price of Bitcoin dropped to around $6000 in February 2018 and has been dropping even further ever since. Its crazy!
With the price changing so much in such a short space of time, how do you decide what the best time is for investing in Bitcoin?
Well, we can try to find the answers by looking at some important past events when the price went up or down by a large amount.
If you want to invest in Bitcoin then you need to stay up to date with the latest news and trends around Bitcoin. When news is released about a new technical improvement, you might want to think about buying Bitcoin. If there is a huge fall in price of Bitcoin, then that too might be a good time to buy Bitcoin because you can buy it a low price.
If you have already decided to invest in cryptocurrencies, then it might be a good idea to start by investing in Bitcoin. Even though you have missed the first major opportunity to invest, investing in Bitcoin could still be a good idea.
It all depends on whether you believe in the future of Bitcoin. If you believe in it, you should think about investing in it. If you dont, then I recommend that you stay away from it. Its the same with any investment!
Towards the end of last year, the price of Ethereum was slightly higher than $720, with a total market cap of around $70 billion. At the beginning of 2018, Ethereum climbed and reached its highest price of $1423 on January 4. At this time, the total market cap for Ethereum was at $138 billion!
Ethereum grew by about 3000% in the year 2017 and became the second largest cryptocurrency, placing second behind Bitcoin.
Are you asking yourself, Should I invest in Ethereum? or Is the price of Ethereum already at its peak?. Well, the truth is, nobody knows! However, the following information should help you decide whether investing in Ethereum is a good option for you.
The chart below shows how Ethereum has grown over the last few years.
Below are the key events that have most affected the price of Ethereum in the past:
Unlike Bitcoin, Ethereum is not just a digital currency. It is a more advanced blockchain project. This is because Ethereum offers something special by using Ethereums platform, developers can build their own cryptocurrencies.
Imagine that you would like to build a blockchain-based solution for managing the supply chain of your business. Well, thanks to Ethereum, you dont need to start from the beginning. Instead, you can just build an application on Ethereums blockchain. Ethereum makes it much easier for new blockchain projects to launch.
So, is Ethereum your next cryptocurrency to invest in 2019?
I recommend that you think about adding Ethereum to your list, as I think it could be one of the best cryptocurrency to invest 2019.
Julian Hosp, a blockchain expert, said that the market cap of Ethereum could rise to $200 billion by the end of 2019.If Hosps prediction is correct, the price of Ethereum will reach up to $2000. Hosps reason behind the prediction is based mostly on the ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings) that decided to use the Ethereum blockchain in 2018 & 2019.
Ethereum also plans to improve their technology a lot this year, with new protocols almost ready to go. So, watch out for Ethereum!
To learn more about Ethereum, read our Ethereum vs Bitcoin guide.
Ripple, also known as XRP, was one of the best performing cryptocurrencies in 2017 with growth of around 36,000%! Yes, you read that right. It grew from almost $0 at the beginning of 2017 and reached $2.4 in December 2017 as you can see in the following chart.
Like all other cryptocurrencies, the price of Ripple has also decreased in 2018 it is currently set at $0.36.
I know what youre thinking you missed a great opportunity by not investing Ripple in early 2017. While thats true, Ripple could still be a good option to consider as your next cryptocurrency to invest in 2019.
Even though the price of one XRP is a lot lower than the price of one Bitcoin, XRP is still the third largest cryptocurrency by market cap. In May 2018, it had a total market cap of around $35 billion.
So, what is it about Ripple that has made it so popular for investors?
The main reason for Ripples popularity is that it is not just a digital currency, but also a payment system. Ripple uses blockchain technology to make international payments securer and faster.
If you tried to make an international bank payment today, it would take around 2-10 days for the transaction to process. The same payment, when done using Ripple, takes a few seconds. How awesome is that!
But theres more good news many large financial institutions like American Express, JP Morgan and Santander are already using Ripples technology. Also, Ripple has been working with the Saudi Arabia Central Bank, Chinas LianLian International and other banks from around the world.
So, if youre wondering how to invest in blockchain, then Ripple might be the best answer.
Based on what I just explained, Ripples future in financial industry could be a good one. You should watch out for Ripple and learn more about their partnerships. Look out for new partnerships too if Ripple signs a contract with another large bank, then it could increase the price of XRP.
The investors, who understood the services that are offered by Ripple, have made a lot of money. After a fantastic 2017, Ripple could just be the best cryptocurrency to invest in 2019.
Note: Now might be a good time to invest in Ripple, as its price has dropped 70% lower than its an all-time high of $3.4 in January 2017.
Our list of what is the best cryptocurrency to invest in 2019cannot be complete without Litecoin. Just like Ripple, Litecoin showed great performance in 2017 with a growth of almost 8000%.
The price of Litecoin grew from around $4 at the beginning of 2017 to a high of $358 in December 2017.However, just like most cryptocurrencies, Litecoin also followed the price trend and dropped to $110 in February 2018.
Take a look at Litecoins price chart below you can see the quick rise in the price of Litecoin at the beginning of 2018. The price of both Litecoin and Bitcoin has followed a similar trend over the last year.
Litecoin is the 5th largest cryptocurrency with a market cap of around $11 billion. Litecoin continues to interest investors because of its close connection to Bitcoin. Providing a good reason for Litecoin to be on our list for the next cryptocurrency to invest in 2019.
Litecoin was created in 2011 to improve upon Bitcoins technology. Litecoin completes a transaction 4 times faster than Bitcoin. However, unlike Bitcoin, the maximum number of Litecoin is capped at 84 million 4 times more than the coin supply of Bitcoin (21 million).
Litecoin was the first cryptocurrency to perform a Lightning Network transaction in May 2017. Using the Lightning Network, 0.00000001 Litecoin was transferred from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second!Once Litecoin starts using the Lightning Network, it could increase the price of the Litecoin!
Lightning Network: A new technology that increases the speed of transactions on the blockchain network.
How do investors make decisions they want to invest in real estate or stocks? Do they start making investments the moment they think about it? My guess is that the answer to that question is no!
Before you invest in anything, you need a clear understanding of what your investment goals are and how you will achieve them. You want a good idea of how long you are prepared to keep your investment open, and what amount of profit you are happy to take.
You should have the same mindset with cryptocurrency investments. Before you decide what the next cryptocurrency to invest in 2019 is for you, lets discuss the two main types of investment strategies for cryptocurrencies.
A long-term investment is one where you expect a cryptocurrency to perform better over a longer period of time. Simple! Normally, the minimum time for long-term investment is 6 months to 1 year. Although, some people plan to hold onto their investments for 5-10+ years. Its up to you how you choose to invest; you can either make your full investment in one go, or you can invest at different times.
Long-term Investment Strategy
Once again, before investing any amount, you must have a clear idea of what your investment goals are:
Next, you should do some research to decide which cryptocurrencies are best as long-term investments. I recommend that you check for the following:
If you really believe in the cryptocurrency you invest in, you should learn to hold on to your investment even when the prices drop. If you panic sell, then you could lose money and regret selling.
Short-term investments are made over shorter time periods in the hope of making quick profits. So, just how short is a short-term investment?
Short-term investments can take seconds, minutes, days or even a few months.
Just like long-term investing, you need to have clear goals for your investment. You need to be asking yourself:
You need to find out which is the best cryptocurrency to invest in 2019 for the short-term. Cryptocurrencies that have the following are good options for short-term investments:
While cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum can also be traded in the short-term, you should think about investing in the newer cryptocurrencies. Investors have made huge profits in the past with short-term investments including some of the major, but newest cryptocurrency investments like NEO, Stellar, IOTA, and NEM.
The main advantage of short-term investments is that you can make a lot of money in a short amount of time they have made a lot of people rich quickly. However, they still have their disadvantages.
So, what are they?
Its difficult to say which is the better option of the two investment strategies. It all depends on your goals and experience in the cryptocurrency market.
If you really believe in a project, then I recommend that you invest in the long term. However, if a project is new and is generating a lot of attention, then short-term trading could be the better option.
While cryptocurrencies can give you huge profits, you must be prepared for one more thing to lose money. Remember, your predictions wont always be right! Nobody truly knows what is going to happen to the price of a cryptocurrency or any other investment.
Do you know what most of the expert cryptocurrency investors say? You should only invest money that you are not afraid to lose. Its great advice, so always remember it!
So, this is the end of our Best Cryptocurrency to Invest 2019guide. I hope that you now know which investment strategy will work best for you and that you have a good understanding of what makes a good investment.
Which of the cryptocurrencies I mentioned is your favorite? Do you have a pick for the best cryptocurrency to invest in 2019?
*Note: this article is a personal opinion. Before making any investment decisions you should consult with a professional.
- Cryptocurrencies | Category | Fox Business - November 1st, 2019
- Best Cryptocurrency to Invest 2019 Our Top 4 Picks - October 22nd, 2019
- Buy Cryptocurrency with Credit Card or Bank Transfer now ... - September 30th, 2019
- Best 10 Cryptocurrency Brokers - Updated for 2019 (Safe ... - September 30th, 2019
- Fidelity Said to Offer Cryptocurrency Trading Within a Few ... - May 10th, 2019
- Is This Cryptocurrency The Next Bitcoin? - forbes.com - April 28th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Definition | Bankrate.com - April 26th, 2019
- Samsung is developing its own blockchain network, report claims - April 26th, 2019
- 2019s best cryptocurrency wallets | 70+ compared | finder.com - April 26th, 2019
- What is cryptocurrency? - Definition from WhatIs.com - April 25th, 2019
- A Beginner's Guide to Cryptocoin Mining: What You Need to ... - April 25th, 2019
- How Cryptocurrency Assets Are Becoming A New Battleground In ... - April 21st, 2019
- What is Cryptocurrency: Cryptocurrency Explained the Easy Way - April 13th, 2019
- How to trade cryptocurrency in the UK - finance.yahoo.com - April 8th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Trading | TD Ameritrade - April 8th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Prices, Charts, and Market Cap Data - UNHASHED - April 8th, 2019
- Blow To Bitcoin As World's Largest Cryptocurrency IPO Is Iced - April 2nd, 2019
- How and where do I report Cryptocurrency coin-to-coin ... - March 22nd, 2019
- Hundreds of Millions in Cryptocurrency Vanishes After ... - March 11th, 2019
- Fidelity's new cryptocurrency company is up and running ... - March 9th, 2019
- JPMorgan is creating its own cryptocurrency - CNN - March 6th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Says It Can't Access $190 Million ... - February 5th, 2019
- What's the Best Cryptocurrency to Invest in Today? - January 9th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Trading Easy tips to get started | AvaTrade - January 9th, 2019
- Thailand Issues 4 Cryptocurrency Licenses, Rejects 2 ... - January 9th, 2019
- NASDAQ, Fidelity Invest in New Cryptocurrency Exchange ... - January 9th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News | Cryptocurrency News | Blockchain ... - January 9th, 2019
- Differences Between Cryptocurrency Coins and Tokens - January 9th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Charts - January 8th, 2019
- What is cryptocurrency? - cointelegraph.com - January 4th, 2019
- Blockchain Will Survive A Cryptocurrency Apocalypse - January 1st, 2019
- Cryptocurrency - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - December 25th, 2018
- Is Cryptocurrency Dead for Good? | Investopedia - December 6th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency scammers dupe Singaporeans out of $78,000 in ... - December 6th, 2018
- Invest in Cryptocurrency With Spare Change - Black Enterprise - November 28th, 2018
- What is Mining Cryptocurrency? What you need to know... - November 26th, 2018
- Saudi Arabia Will Launch Its Own Cryptocurrency in 2019 ... - November 23rd, 2018
- Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrency Prices Are Crashing Again ... - November 17th, 2018
- Homepage - Cryptocurrency Army - November 14th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency - Simple English Wikipedia, the free ... - November 14th, 2018
- How To Create Your Own Cryptocurrency - fastcompany.com - November 14th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency price plunge worse than bursting of dotcom ... - September 18th, 2018
- Iran, North Korea and Venezuela turning to cryptocurrency ... - September 12th, 2018
- SEC halts trading in two cryptocurrency products, citing ... - September 12th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency News, ICO Reviews & Blockchain Updates ... - September 9th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency "miners," utilities look for ways to get along ... - August 29th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency: Virtual money, real power, and the fight ... - August 28th, 2018
- Pornhub Now Accepts PumaPay Cryptocurrency - August 27th, 2018
- NK hackers target Mac users with trojan cryptocurrency app ... - August 27th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency: The unlucky investors who got in at the wrong ... - August 26th, 2018
- cryptocurrency coins Archives - The Industry Spread - August 26th, 2018
- cryptocurrency Archives - Page 6 of 6 - The Industry Spread - August 26th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency investment in SMSF - hallandwilcox.com.au - August 26th, 2018
- How To Choose The Best Cryptocurrency Wallet - Crypto News AU - August 26th, 2018
- Courses | Cryptocurrency Australia - August 26th, 2018
- What Every Investor Should Know Before Buying Cryptocurrency ... - August 26th, 2018
- The biggest cryptocurrency hack in the history of blockchain - August 26th, 2018
- After the Bitcoin Boom: Hard Lessons for Cryptocurrency ... - August 21st, 2018
- Cryptocurrency Rankings | CryptoSlate - August 14th, 2018
- Bitcoin price falls after SEC postpones key ETF decision - August 12th, 2018
- Brokers Cryptocurrency Deals Are Focus of SEC Review ... - August 7th, 2018
- 7 Cryptocurrency Predictions for the Rest of 2018 - August 7th, 2018
- Have a Cryptocurrency Company? Bermuda, Malta or Gibraltar ... - July 31st, 2018
- Bitcoin price live: Latest updates as cryptocurrency ... - July 22nd, 2018
- 2018 Bahamas Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Conference - July 16th, 2018
- Best Cryptocurrency Trading Platform 2018 | Top Crypto ... - July 13th, 2018
- Cryptocurrency: Advantages And Disadvantages Explained - July 12th, 2018
- ATB Coin - The fastest and most secure payment system - June 19th, 2018
- An Illustrated Glossary of Cryptocurrency Slang (Infographic) - June 19th, 2018
- Apollo All-in-One Cryptocurrency - June 3rd, 2018
- Cryptocurrency News, ICO Database, Coin Rankings and ... - May 25th, 2018
- CoinLib - Cryptocurrency prices now - May 21st, 2018
- Cryptocurrency Market Capitalizations | CoinMarketCap - May 4th, 2018
- CryptoCurrency Market , Coin Prices & Charts, Crypto ... - April 28th, 2018
- Nasdaq open to cryptocurrency exchange in future, says CEO - April 27th, 2018
- The 4 Top Cryptocurrency Mining Stocks -- The Motley Fool - April 27th, 2018
- One in five financial institutions consider cryptocurrency ... - April 27th, 2018
- New hacks siphon private cryptocurrency keys from ... - April 27th, 2018
- What Is Cryptocurrency? - dummies - April 21st, 2018
- Cryptocurrency Market Surges to $365 Billion, Start of a ... - April 21st, 2018