Whats the newest asset class taking the investment world by storm?
Cryptocurrency. Lack of regulation is its biggest appeal. However, that may change, given a recent call for regulating this segment. Though it is a big hit with investors, especially because of the record run of Bitcoin, the most popular of all the digital currencies, there have been skeptics crying foul over the legitimacy of this investment class.
The mushrooming of cryptocurrency is proof that its moving toward mainstream acceptance. Apart from Bitcoin, there are a multitude of cryptocurrency options for traders such as Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, etc.
If you are looking for a solid US based company to trade Bitcoin Futures, TradeStation is your best option. They offer low commissions, overnight daytrade margins, and more interest earned on your existing cash balance.
Technically, cryptocurrency, also known as digital currency, are entries made in a digital ledger which cannot be tampered with unless they fulfill certain conditions. In other words, it is a peer-to-peer electronic cash system. The best part is, it is decentralized, with no server or central authority.
Cryptocurrency consists of each peer in a network of peers who have a record of the complete history of transactions and are privy to the balance of every account.
Ultimately, cryptocurrency is a medium of exchange created and stored electronically in the blockchain using encryption techniques with a two-fold purpose:
This image showcases how cryptocurrency works:
Cryptocurrency is a medium of exchange created and and stored electronically in the blockchain.
Those interested in trading in cryptocurrency should have a good understanding of the characteristics of the cryptocurrency market.
This market is decentralized, with no government or bank involved. This ensures privacy of transaction and elimination of transaction charges. Whats more, there is no capital limit with respect to the transactions.
The supply of cryptocurrencies are limited, as it cannot be created arbitrarily and will have to be mined by digital means. For example, Bitcoin founders have stipulated that only 21 million Bitcoins can be mined in total.
The cryptocurrency craze is reaching a feverish pitch due to several reasons, some of which are listed below:
In simple terms, block is like a page of a record or ledger. Blocks are files where data concerning a digital currency network is stored permanently.
It is the list of all transactions in a peer-to-peer network.
Mining is a computationally-intensive process the computers or nodes in a cryptocurrency network complete to verify the transaction record. In return, miners receive digital coins as compensation.
Computer system used for mining cyrptocurrencies.
Any computer that connects to a blockchain is called a node.
These are websites where cryptocurrencies can be bought or sold, or in other words, exchanged in return for other digital currencies or traditional currencies.
Initial Coin Offering, or ICO, is selling a new digital currency or token at a discount by a company to raise money. It is the means by which a new cryptocurrency venture raises funds.
Asoftware program used to store private and public keys which are used to send and receive digital currencies and monitor their balance by interfacing with various blockchains.
Cryptocurrency can be traded through two ways. Actual cryptocurrency can be bought and sold at a cryptocurrency exchange. The digital currency as a speculative investment is traded as contract for difference, or CFD, through brokers.
A CFA is an tradable instrument that moves in tandem with the underlying asset and is a contract negotiated between the broker and its customer. Traders dont actually own the underlying asset, but profits or losses when the underlying asset moves in relation to the position taken.
For our comparison purpose, only brokers were taken into account.
If youre a US-based trader, those no doubt that you have heard about Coinbase. Its pretty large;the company has served over 200 million customers and handled about$150 billion in transactions.
Coinbase boasts great customer service, which is a huge win for customers of an online platform. And, your cryptocurrency whether youre trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, ERC20 token, or anything else is protected. The platform uses vaultprotections, delayed withdrawals, and two-factor authentication. The best part? Your cryptocurrencyis covered by insurance.
The desktop and mobile apps are simple to use, especially for first time traders. You have easy access to trends, charts, and can buy and sell with a few clicks. Set up recurring buys, too. The simplicity makes for a pretty seamless trading experience.
While their Digital Wallet service is free, Coinbase does have fees for buying and selling cryptocurrency. In the United States, Coinbase has a 4 percent base rate for all transactions. But exact payout, deposit, and transfer fees will differ depending on the amount and type of transaction.
AvaTrade has emerged as one of the overall winners among brokers offering cryptocurrency trading. Its trading platform caters to various types of traders. AvaTrade also has additional trading tools such as live quotes and charts and it has carved a unique niche for itself in cryptocurrency trading.
The fairly affordable account minimum, competitive swap rates and the breadth of coins offered also makes it a preferred destination for investors looking to make some quick bucks through trading cryptocurrencies.
These are the digital currencies offered by brokers:
Among the brokers on our radar, most of them offer desktop, online, as well as web trading platforms.
Plus500 offers its proprietary trading platform, which comes in four versions: downloadable, web-based, app version and a version for Apple Watch Platform. The platform has a charting software, allows trading in multiple markets from the same screen and provides real time quotes.
eToro offers web and mobile trading platforms.
AvaTrade presents a wide-selection of platforms and also the option for automated trading. The trading platforms offered include AvaTradeAct, Metatrader 4, Mac Trading, Automated Trading, Web Trading and Mobile Trading.
AvaTrade looks like a clear winner this category.
Among the shortlisted brokers, the minimum deposit requirement is as follows:
Etoro is the clear winner in this category, as it has the lowest account minimum requirement.
Plus500 scores the most.
Cryptocurrency trading happens 24/7, necessitating customer service around the clock. More importantly, live support is preferred over auto-attendants, given the complexities involved in trading digital currencies.
AvaTrade offers phone support and allows deposits and withdrawals through multiple avenues such as credit/debit card, wire transfer, e-payments, etc. The firm claims one-click functionality for buying Bitcoin or Bitcoin cash on its MT4 platform. Meanwhile, Plus500 does not have phone support, and instead, services clients through live chat and e-mail. Markets.com assists through in-platform live support and 24/5 help center.
Meanwhile, easyMarkets promises 24/5 support, the option to trade anywhere (mobile, tablet or PC) and market insight. UFX promises a personal trading coach and allows funding your account using Bitcoins.
AvaTrade scores highest in the customer service category.
AvaTrade emerges the winner in this category.
Go here to read the rest:
Best Cryptocurrency Trading Platform 2018 | Top Crypto ...
- Five New Year's Resolutions For Cryptocurrency - Forbes - January 16th, 2021
- Why Cryptocurrency Stocks Crashed Today - Motley Fool - January 16th, 2021
- Cryptocurrency Hackers Steal $3.8 Billion in 2020 - OCCRP - January 16th, 2021
- Bitcoin Tops $40,000 for the First Time, Pushing the Value of the Worlds Cryptocurrency Over $1 Trillion - Robb Report - January 14th, 2021
- Cryptocurrency's value plummets. Here's what it means for your taxes - CNBC - January 14th, 2021
- UK Treasury Calls for Feedback on Approach to Cryptocurrency and Stablecoin Regulation - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - January 14th, 2021
- Lost Passwords Lock Millionaires Out of Their Bitcoin Fortunes - The New York Times - January 14th, 2021
- Amid all the Bitcoin hype, another Indian cryptocurrency startup CoinSwitch Kuber gets $15 million in funding - Business Insider India - January 14th, 2021
- This cryptocurrency has more than doubled in 2021: Know all about it - CNBCTV18 - January 14th, 2021
- What does the stars have in store for cryptocurrency? Astrologer tells all - IOL - January 14th, 2021
- Bitcoin hits new all-time high of $41000 as investors shrug off recent volatility and pile into cryptocurrency - Business Insider - January 8th, 2021
- What is a hot wallet for cryptocurrency? Everything you need to know - TechRadar - January 8th, 2021
- OCC Regulator Implements Groundbreaking Cryptocurrency Guidance For Banks And The Future Of Payments - Forbes - January 8th, 2021
- Cryptocurrency trade may be more action-packed in 2021, say analysts - Business Standard - January 8th, 2021
- Revolut warns that cryptocurrency XRP could become worthless - The Irish Times - January 8th, 2021
- What Made Ben BitBoy Armstrong Enter the World of Cryptocurrency? - SF Weekly - January 8th, 2021
- 7 Things You Need To Know About Cryptocurrency - MarketBeat - January 8th, 2021
- FinCENs Proposed Rulemaking for Cryptocurrency The Balance of National Security vs. Privacy - JD Supra - January 8th, 2021
- Cryptocurrency Savings Accounts: Will This New Trend Help You Boost Earnings? - Forbes - November 4th, 2020
- Nearly $1 billion worth of bitcoin linked to Silk Road black market is on the move, analysis shows - CNBC - November 4th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Analysis with Market Size, Industry Share, trends and Forecast to 2026 - Zenit News - November 4th, 2020
- Square Funds Project To Make Cryptocurrency Wallets More Accessible To Everyone - Benzinga - November 4th, 2020
- Bitcoin Volatility Expected to Rise After the US Presidential Election - Bitcoin News - November 4th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market Segmentation By Qualitative And Quantitative Research Incorporating Impact Of Economic And Non-Economic Aspects... - November 4th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Report Gives Industry Size, Growth, Production, Types, Applications, Growing Rapidly with Recent Trends 2020 to 2025 - PRnews... - November 4th, 2020
- Hong Kong's SFC says will require all cryptocurrency trading platforms be regulated - ForexLive - November 4th, 2020
- Who Needs to Tell the US Internal Revenue Service About Their Cryptocurrency Activity? - Lexology - November 4th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency startup Paxful streamlines its operations with Dynamics 365 Business Central - Microsoft - October 23rd, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Chief Predicts Next Amazon Or Apple To Be A Blockchain Company And Based In Asia And Not The US - Digital Market News - October 23rd, 2020
- FCA crypto ban is a setback for the UK in race to lead growing digital assets marketplace, says GDF - Wealth Adviser - October 23rd, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Is Just a Minor Threat to the State- CoinDesk - CoinDesk - October 21st, 2020
- Dissidents Are Turning To Cryptocurrency As Protests Mount Around The World - Forbes - October 21st, 2020
- SQ: 4 Stocks That Could Skyrocket During the Next Crypto Boom - StockNews.com - October 21st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency This Week: Crypto Ban In The Air, Crypto Scams Everywhere - Inc42 Media - October 21st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency provider tightens compliance in face of widespread fraud - JD Supra - October 21st, 2020
- Everything you need to know about Crypto Trading - Nairametrics - October 21st, 2020
- Covid-19 Lockdown Impact On Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market 2020 | Growth and Demand | Projected By Market Data Analytics - The Think Curiouser - October 21st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market 2020 Product Type, Applications, Market Share and Forecast by 2026 | BitFury Group Limited, Microsoft Corporation, Ripple Labs... - October 21st, 2020
- Global Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Market With COVID-19 Pandemic Analysis, Growth Rate and Forecast 2020-2026 : Intel Corporation, Microsoft... - October 21st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Mining Market to Observe Strong Growth to Generate Massive Revenue in Coming Years 2020 to 2027 - The Think Curiouser - October 21st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market 2020 Industry Size, Share, Regional Growth, Trends, Methods, Applications, Equipment vendors, Business Prospects and Forecast to... - October 21st, 2020
- Bitcoin: Another Mini-Meltdown Appears Likely - Seeking Alpha - October 17th, 2020
- Square Invests in Bitcoins to Boost Cryptocurrency Footprint - Yahoo Finance - October 17th, 2020
- 4 dangerous cryptocurrency scams the FBI wants you to watch out for - Komando - October 17th, 2020
- Unpacking the DOJ's cryptocurrency guidance: Enforcement priorities and industry implications - Lexology - October 17th, 2020
- AABB - Asia Metals Inc. Development Agreement for Gold-Backed CryptoCurrency Coin In Final Stages of Negotiations - GlobeNewswire - October 17th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency price, charts Industry Research Report, Growth Trends and Competitive Analysis 2020-2027: Brave New Coin, CoinDelite, BITKAN, Coinance... - October 17th, 2020
- The US Department of Justice issues Cryptocurrency Enforcement Framework forecasting increased scrutiny of activities involving cryptocurrency - JD... - October 17th, 2020
- Seven Key Takeaways From The Department Of Justices Cryptocurrency Enforcement Framework - Forbes - October 15th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency has the power to revolutionise a corrupt banking system - The Independent - October 15th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange and its Executives Face Allegations of Failing to Maintain an Adequate AML Program - Lexology - October 15th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency This Week: After Raising Fresh Fund From Tim Draper, Unocoin Looks To Launch Lending Featur ... - Inc42 Media - October 15th, 2020
- A Guide to Cryptocurrency Trading Tools - Legal Reader - October 15th, 2020
- The 3 lesser known cryptocurrency that are worth looking into - InfotechLead.com - October 8th, 2020
- IRS Advises that Virtual Currency Received in Exchange for Microtasking is Subject to Ordinary Income Tax and Self-Employment Tax - JD Supra - October 8th, 2020
- Bank of Korea plans cryptocurrency (CBDC) testing in 2021 - The Paypers - October 8th, 2020
- Inside the Marshall Islands New Cryptocurrency: The SOV - Decrypt - October 8th, 2020
- Nicole Junkermann on the future of cryptocurrency | Business Leader News - Business Leader - October 8th, 2020
- Extrapolating The Future of Cryptocurrency - hackernoon.com - September 19th, 2020
- Ditching Dinars: Will the Balkans Take to Cryptocurrency? - Balkan Insight - September 19th, 2020
- The risks of investing in cryptocurrency and how to overcome them - Telemedia Online - September 19th, 2020
- How is cryptocurrency going to be regulated in the EU? - Kalkine Media - September 19th, 2020
- Russia and Ukraine have Disproportionately High Cryptocurrency Usage with Many Locals Shifting Financial Activity to Digital Assets: Report -... - September 19th, 2020
- Will crypto trading get as regulated as the stocks or FX trading? - Crypto News Flash - September 19th, 2020
- Opinion: Can Uniswaps UNI Break Into the Top 10 Cryptocurrency Token Rankings? - CryptoPotato - September 19th, 2020
- Ditching Dinars: Will The Balkans Take To Cryptocurrency? - Analysis - Eurasia Review - September 19th, 2020
- The Rise and Fall of a Tribal Cryptocurrency - hackernoon.com - September 6th, 2020
- How Will Greece Be Impacted By Cryptocurrency? - GreekCityTimes.com - September 6th, 2020
- Justice Department Seeks To Recover Hacked Cryptocurrency Funds Tied To North Korea - Forbes - September 6th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Prodigy, Joseph PlugWalkJoe O'Connor, Is Helping People Everywhere Master Crypto - AiThority - September 6th, 2020
- Kazakhstan in talks on $700m in cryptocurrency mining projects - Cyprus Mail - September 6th, 2020
- Akon Unveils Major Details of $6 Billion Cryptocurrency City: Real-Life Wakanda - Bitcoin News - September 6th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market News: Bitcoin drops to $10,460 after a significant rejection and overall weakness - FXStreet - September 6th, 2020
- Brexit in the US: Californian exit plan will use cryptocurrency to give everyone an income - Daily Express - September 6th, 2020
- YFI: Yearn Finance becomes the most expensive cryptocurrency, surges past $27000 - Nairametrics - September 6th, 2020
- Facebook and Twitter need to do more to prevent cryptocurrency scams, says CoinCorner CEO - ResponseSource - September 6th, 2020
- PM Modis Websites Twitter Account Briefly Hacked to Ask for Cryptocurrency - NDTV - September 6th, 2020
- The Cryptocurrency XRP Is Having A Good 6 Weeks - Forbes - August 24th, 2020
- IMF Publishes Cryptocurrency Explainer, Saying It 'Could Be the Next Step in the Evolution of Money' | News - Bitcoin News - August 24th, 2020
- Report finds $50 billion of cryptocurrency moved out of China hinting at capital flight against Beijing rules - CNBC - August 24th, 2020