Whats the newest asset class taking the investment world by storm?
Cryptocurrency. Lack of regulation is its biggest appeal. However, that may change, given a recent call for regulating this segment. Though it is a big hit with investors, especially because of the record run of Bitcoin, the most popular of all the digital currencies, there have been skeptics crying foul over the legitimacy of this investment class.
The mushrooming of cryptocurrency is proof that its moving toward mainstream acceptance. Apart from Bitcoin, there are a multitude of cryptocurrency options for traders such as Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, etc.
If you are looking for a solid US based company to trade Bitcoin Futures, TradeStation is your best option. They offer low commissions, overnight daytrade margins, and more interest earned on your existing cash balance.
Technically, cryptocurrency, also known as digital currency, are entries made in a digital ledger which cannot be tampered with unless they fulfill certain conditions. In other words, it is a peer-to-peer electronic cash system. The best part is, it is decentralized, with no server or central authority.
Cryptocurrency consists of each peer in a network of peers who have a record of the complete history of transactions and are privy to the balance of every account.
Ultimately, cryptocurrency is a medium of exchange created and stored electronically in the blockchain using encryption techniques with a two-fold purpose:
This image showcases how cryptocurrency works:
Cryptocurrency is a medium of exchange created and and stored electronically in the blockchain.
Those interested in trading in cryptocurrency should have a good understanding of the characteristics of the cryptocurrency market.
This market is decentralized, with no government or bank involved. This ensures privacy of transaction and elimination of transaction charges. Whats more, there is no capital limit with respect to the transactions.
The supply of cryptocurrencies are limited, as it cannot be created arbitrarily and will have to be mined by digital means. For example, Bitcoin founders have stipulated that only 21 million Bitcoins can be mined in total.
The cryptocurrency craze is reaching a feverish pitch due to several reasons, some of which are listed below:
In simple terms, block is like a page of a record or ledger. Blocks are files where data concerning a digital currency network is stored permanently.
It is the list of all transactions in a peer-to-peer network.
Mining is a computationally-intensive process the computers or nodes in a cryptocurrency network complete to verify the transaction record. In return, miners receive digital coins as compensation.
Computer system used for mining cyrptocurrencies.
Any computer that connects to a blockchain is called a node.
These are websites where cryptocurrencies can be bought or sold, or in other words, exchanged in return for other digital currencies or traditional currencies.
Initial Coin Offering, or ICO, is selling a new digital currency or token at a discount by a company to raise money. It is the means by which a new cryptocurrency venture raises funds.
Asoftware program used to store private and public keys which are used to send and receive digital currencies and monitor their balance by interfacing with various blockchains.
Cryptocurrency can be traded through two ways. Actual cryptocurrency can be bought and sold at a cryptocurrency exchange. The digital currency as a speculative investment is traded as contract for difference, or CFD, through brokers.
A CFA is an tradable instrument that moves in tandem with the underlying asset and is a contract negotiated between the broker and its customer. Traders dont actually own the underlying asset, but profits or losses when the underlying asset moves in relation to the position taken.
For our comparison purpose, only brokers were taken into account.
If youre a US-based trader, those no doubt that you have heard about Coinbase. Its pretty large;the company has served over 200 million customers and handled about$150 billion in transactions.
Coinbase boasts great customer service, which is a huge win for customers of an online platform. And, your cryptocurrency whether youre trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, ERC20 token, or anything else is protected. The platform uses vaultprotections, delayed withdrawals, and two-factor authentication. The best part? Your cryptocurrencyis covered by insurance.
The desktop and mobile apps are simple to use, especially for first time traders. You have easy access to trends, charts, and can buy and sell with a few clicks. Set up recurring buys, too. The simplicity makes for a pretty seamless trading experience.
While their Digital Wallet service is free, Coinbase does have fees for buying and selling cryptocurrency. In the United States, Coinbase has a 4 percent base rate for all transactions. But exact payout, deposit, and transfer fees will differ depending on the amount and type of transaction.
AvaTrade has emerged as one of the overall winners among brokers offering cryptocurrency trading. Its trading platform caters to various types of traders. AvaTrade also has additional trading tools such as live quotes and charts and it has carved a unique niche for itself in cryptocurrency trading.
The fairly affordable account minimum, competitive swap rates and the breadth of coins offered also makes it a preferred destination for investors looking to make some quick bucks through trading cryptocurrencies.
These are the digital currencies offered by brokers:
Among the brokers on our radar, most of them offer desktop, online, as well as web trading platforms.
Plus500 offers its proprietary trading platform, which comes in four versions: downloadable, web-based, app version and a version for Apple Watch Platform. The platform has a charting software, allows trading in multiple markets from the same screen and provides real time quotes.
eToro offers web and mobile trading platforms.
AvaTrade presents a wide-selection of platforms and also the option for automated trading. The trading platforms offered include AvaTradeAct, Metatrader 4, Mac Trading, Automated Trading, Web Trading and Mobile Trading.
AvaTrade looks like a clear winner this category.
Among the shortlisted brokers, the minimum deposit requirement is as follows:
Etoro is the clear winner in this category, as it has the lowest account minimum requirement.
Plus500 scores the most.
Cryptocurrency trading happens 24/7, necessitating customer service around the clock. More importantly, live support is preferred over auto-attendants, given the complexities involved in trading digital currencies.
AvaTrade offers phone support and allows deposits and withdrawals through multiple avenues such as credit/debit card, wire transfer, e-payments, etc. The firm claims one-click functionality for buying Bitcoin or Bitcoin cash on its MT4 platform. Meanwhile, Plus500 does not have phone support, and instead, services clients through live chat and e-mail. Markets.com assists through in-platform live support and 24/5 help center.
Meanwhile, easyMarkets promises 24/5 support, the option to trade anywhere (mobile, tablet or PC) and market insight. UFX promises a personal trading coach and allows funding your account using Bitcoins.
AvaTrade scores highest in the customer service category.
AvaTrade emerges the winner in this category.
Go here to read the rest:
Best Cryptocurrency Trading Platform 2018 | Top Crypto ...
- Research: Ether Was the Cryptocurrency Most Correlated to Other Coins in 2019 - Cointelegraph - January 27th, 2020
- Regulating Bitcoin: WEF2020 Announced A Global Consortium For Cryptocurrency Governance - CryptoPotato - January 27th, 2020
- This Top Cryptocurrency Got 51% Attacked. Yet, Its Up 19% And Its a Problem - newsBTC - January 27th, 2020
- It's tax season and the IRS wants to know about your crypto. How to prepare - CNBC - January 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin, Ripple and Ethereum dive into the rabbit holes - FXStreet - January 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency mining in Iran to boost economic conditions - Cryptopolitan - January 27th, 2020
- Creator of Cryptocurrency Price Tracking App Wins India PM Award - Altcoin Buzz - January 27th, 2020
- Alleged BTC-e boss will be extradited to France over cryptocurrency fraud - The Next Web - January 27th, 2020
- Price Analysis: Discovering the Top Cryptocurrency Market Performers This Week - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - January 27th, 2020
- Trend Micro creates honeypot to analyse security threats, gets subjected to ransomware & cryptocurrency mining - Economic Times - January 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Hackers Were More Active in 2019, but Were Less Successful - CryptoGlobe - January 27th, 2020
- Bank of England to consider adopting cryptocurrency - The Guardian - January 22nd, 2020
- Crypto Tidbits: Bitcoin Hits $9,000, Institutional Cryptocurrency Investment Spikes, NBA Team Uses Ethereum - newsBTC - January 22nd, 2020
- How Cybercriminals Are Converting Cryptocurrency to Cash - BankInfoSecurity.com - January 22nd, 2020
- UK offers $130K for software that can trace Bitcoin, Ethereum, and (hopefully) Monero - The Next Web - January 22nd, 2020
- Hackers have got their hands on $11 billion in stolen cryptocurrency since 2011 - SmartCompany.com.au - January 22nd, 2020
- Thailand launches probe into $2.46M cryptocurrency pyramid scam - The Next Web - January 22nd, 2020
- Moonday Mornings: Its 2020 and the OneCoin scam is still alive - The Next Web - January 22nd, 2020
- $140,600,000 in Bitcoin (BTC) Exits Cryptocurrency Exchange As Whale Moves $6,320,422 in XRP - The Daily Hodl - January 22nd, 2020
- Cryptocurrency No longer banned in India? - The Coin Republic - January 22nd, 2020
- Akons AKOIN Cryptocurrency City White Paper to be Live by February 2020 - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - January 22nd, 2020
- BTC/USD: Will 2020 Bring Clear Vision to the Oldest Cryptocurrency? - FXStreet - January 16th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Two-day recovery on the rocks as Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple trim gains - FXStreet - January 16th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin bulls hit the pause button, altcoins follow the lead - FXStreet - January 16th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency billionaire funds SF-wide web of cameras to help fight crime - KRON4 - January 16th, 2020
- North Korea is Holding a Secretive Cryptocurrency Conference, and Experts Warn it's a Very Bad Idea to Attend - Newsweek - January 16th, 2020
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP/USD capitalizes on the global cryptocurrency bulls' run - FXStreet - January 16th, 2020
- Bitcoin rises as cryptocurrency has its best January since 2012 - SiliconANGLE News - January 16th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency and Remittance: The Case of Mexico - Crypto Education - Altcoin Buzz - January 16th, 2020
- Ethereum (ETH) - Based Cryptocurrency Tested By The Reserve Bank of Australia as Payment Tool - U.Today - January 16th, 2020
- $1.4B in illicit Bitcoin was laundered via Binance and Huobi last year, report says - The Next Web - January 16th, 2020
- How to minimize the cryptocurrency tax burden this tax season - Canadian Lawyer Magazine - January 16th, 2020
- The future of cryptocurrency - Lexology - January 13th, 2020
- Analyst: Bitcoin Will Skyrocket to $100,000 in 24 Months and Theres Nothing You Can Do About It - CCN.com - January 13th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Slowly Recovers as Buyers Fail to Emerge - Coin Idol - January 13th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Has Earned Its Place as a Safe Haven - Investorplace.com - January 13th, 2020
- eToro CEO On Bitcoin Dominance in the Cryptocurrency Market - The Coin Republic - January 13th, 2020
- Moonday Mornings: Ethereum dev released on $1M bail over North Korea case - The Next Web - January 13th, 2020
- As Bitcoin Struggles, This Minor Cryptocurrency Is Up Almost 500% Over The Past 12 Months - Forbes - January 12th, 2020
- What to expect from cryptocurrency legislation in 2020 - Yahoo Finance - January 12th, 2020
- South Korea Moves Toward Institutional Acceptance of Cryptocurrency - Nasdaq - January 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Cap May Surge 37%. But There's One 'If' - U.Today - January 12th, 2020
- Financial Services Agency to limit leverage in cryptocurrency margin trading to twice the deposits made by traders - The Japan Times - January 12th, 2020
- Naive IoT botnet wastes its time mining cryptocurrency - ZDNet - January 12th, 2020
- Directors of bogus Ugandan cryptocurrency startup charged after 4,000 investor complaints - The Next Web - January 12th, 2020
- Can digital gold Bitcoin ever be mined in India? - ETCIO.com - January 12th, 2020
- 321 Cryptocurrency Whales Control Staggering Amounts of Bitcoin, Ethereum And Litecoin - The Daily Hodl - January 12th, 2020
- Why the Worlds Most Used Cryptocurrency isnt Bitcoin - NewsLogical - January 12th, 2020
- South Korea Works to Bring Cryptocurrency Into the Mainstream - The Diplomat - January 5th, 2020
- Most Significant Hacks of 2019 New Record of Twelve in One Year - Cointelegraph - January 5th, 2020
- Why a Technical Analyst Believes Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Will Surge by 80% - newsBTC - January 5th, 2020
- Why Analysts Are Bullish On Cryptocurrency As Bitcoin Turns 11 - Ethereum World News - January 5th, 2020
- Bitcoin is on the Cusp of a Major Price Movement - Crypto Briefing - January 5th, 2020
- 7 Big Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Predictions for 2020 - The Daily Hodl - January 5th, 2020
- China and Russia begin testing cryptocurrency - Born2Invest - January 5th, 2020
- Ethereum Foundation is an opaque Swiss foundation related to cryptocurrency - AMBCrypto - January 5th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency in Arab World: Clock is Ticking, But Pace is Slow - Finance Magnates - January 5th, 2020
- National Governments Around The Globe Look To Embrace Blockchain - Forbes - January 5th, 2020
- Chinas Dichotomy Between Cryptocurrency And Blockchain - Forbes - December 31st, 2019
- What Is a Cryptocurrency? We Need Clearer Definitions - Coindesk - December 31st, 2019
- Ian Balina, The Controversial Face Of Cryptocurrency - Nasdaq - December 31st, 2019
- Cryptocurrency This Week: YouTube Removes Crypto Videos; Russia Bomb Threats Over A Bitcoin Fraud And More - Inc42 Media - December 31st, 2019
- How To Really Help Free North Koreans Through Crypto - Forbes - December 31st, 2019
- The Dividing of Bitcoin to shake markets of cryptocurrency - Market Research Sheets - December 28th, 2019
- The $3 Bilion Bitcoin Dump Isnt Going to Happen - newsBTC - December 27th, 2019
- Googles YouTube Goes To War With Bitcoin And Crypto - Forbes - December 26th, 2019
- Top five cryptocurrency guides of 2019 - Yahoo Finance - December 26th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency is a tool for speculation not an investment - The Globe and Mail - December 26th, 2019
- Rakuten Wallet Will Allow Users to Convert Their Loyalty Points to Cryptocurrency - CryptoVibes - December 26th, 2019
- Top China Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Headlines of 2019 - Crowdfund Insider - December 26th, 2019
- How to Make Money with Cryptocurrency: Beginner's Guide 2019 - December 24th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Market News - Bitcoin and Altcoins News - December 24th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency For Beginners - CryptoCurrency Facts - December 24th, 2019
- Crypto Legislation 2020: Analysis Of 21 Cryptocurrency And Blockchain Bills In Congress - Forbes - December 24th, 2019
- This Trader Sees No Value in Ripple and Its Cryptocurrency XRP - newsBTC - December 24th, 2019
- Why XRP Isnt Surging in Tandem With Rest of the Cryptocurrency Market - newsBTC - December 24th, 2019
- Hackers steal $480,000 worth of NULS cryptocurrency from its dev team - The Next Web - December 24th, 2019
- How VeChain Cryptocurrency Was Able to Track and Freeze $6.1M of Stolen Funds - newsBTC - December 24th, 2019
- This bizarre anime cryptocurrency is now ranked 12 in the world - Decrypt - December 24th, 2019
- Zimbabwe Could End Corruption With This Cryptocurrency Initiative - Bitcoinist - December 24th, 2019