Cryptocurrency might have made a grand entry into the world of technology and finance as an alternative to the usual currency that we use. The earliest crypto enthusiasts used bitcoin mining as a technique to earn from this new craze.
However, it became known to them that the complexity of the mathematical problem increases with the addition of every node. It might not be sustainable for miners to employ the processing power and the electric power it takes to solve the maths problem to earn their crypto records through mining.
Adding to this, the extremely volatile nature of cryptocurrencies made it impossible for them to use the bitcoin and its kith and kin as valid instruments of transactions. The fact that the bitcoin was worth just $2900 in mid-September 2017 and its price skyrocketed to about $19,800 in December 2017, and again, plummeting down to $3300 in December 2018 speaks volumes about the volatility of even the most reputed and most recognized cryptocurrency.
Exploring alternative avenues of profit
This meant that crypto enthusiasts could no longer rely on cryptocurrency as a valid instrument of payment or more crypto coins through mining. There was a growing need for an alternate avenue for revenue.
Parallel to this, there were a lot of new cryptocurrencies that started to spring up because of the blockchain craze. As of this article being written, investing.com states that there are about 2945 cryptocurrencies operational.
What if the forex profit logic was applied to the crypto world? What if the volatility and the extreme degree of fluctuation in the value of different crypto coins could be used to conduct trading between coins to get a profit? The above questions are million-dollar questions. Literally! The answer to these questions lies in a cryptocurrency exchange.
What is a cryptocurrency exchange?
As the name implies, the cryptocurrency exchange is a platform where you can trade between cryptocurrencies based on their current value. The value is determined by the market, the demand, and the supply.
Based on the fluctuating prices, and using the science of probability and prediction, investors and traders can buy a certain crypto coin at a price and sell it later when the prices increase. Conversely, they can possibly lose money if the value of the coin drops. There are alternative schools of trading like short trading that involve selling a certain cryptocurrency at a specific rate and buying them later at lower prices.
The relevance of crypto exchange
In a crypto exchange, in addition to being an alternative avenue for income in the crypto world, it also presents a few marked advantages that further strengthen the stance of crypto and blockchain technology. Crypto exchanges are legally valid means of businesses, even in countries and jurisdictions where cryptocurrency might not be accepted as a valid payment method. This opens up an entirely new avenue for aspiring entrepreneurs to explore a new opportunity for business in the crypto realm.
Steps to develop your own crypto exchange
Crypto exchanges not only form a legally valid stream of business in the blockchain front but also present a lucrative opportunity with almost close to 0 possibilities of losses. Just like how the house always wins in a casino, crypto exchanges are bound to make a profit irrespective of the trader making a profit or a loss, and irrespective of them providing leverage/margin trading options.
However, putting together a cryptocurrency exchange software is no mean task. There are a lot of components that go into creating a perfectly functioning crypto exchange.
The legal aspects
The country and the jurisdiction in which your crypto exchange business will be incorporated as the legal entity place a major role in determining the success of your crypto exchange business. In some countries, crypto exchange businesses are completely illegal, and in some, it is legal provided it does not deal with investors present in that particular country. It is vital that your crypto exchange is legally compliant and does not face any trouble because of lapses in complying with the regulatory frameworks. In this pursuit, it is essential that you obtain your license that is required in the area of incorporation.
The commercial aspects
Creating a crypto exchange is a daunting task from a development and testing perspective. It does require quite a lot of talented professionals who know the trade and technology. Even outside the task of finding the right resources, there is an intense financial burden on the investors.
Therefore, you need to ensure that there are enough financial resources to support your crypto exchange endeavor.
Liquidity is one of the most important features for any exchange, leave alone crypto. Liquidity, by definition, is the measure of the ease with which you can convert your crypto assets into cash. In the context of an exchange, it is a measure of the intensity of activities on your exchange. The more intense your activities, the more liquid year exchanges! The liquidity in your exchange plays an important role in wooing prospective traders and investors.
There are multiple ways to enhance liquidity in a new exchange. You can emulate trading within the exchange, and the other is that you can connect your exchange to another third-party exchange using an API to showcase the transactions in that exchange.
Connecting with the bank
This is a critical step not because it is difficult but more because there is quite some meticulous thinking that goes into choosing the perfect payment partner for your exchange. Not every bank is comfortable in handling anything related to crypto, and your exchange falls into the same category. Therefore, you will need to find out with an uncompromising degree of precision if your bank supports crypto transactions.
Ensuring top-notch security
Crypto exchanges, in general, come with a degree of centralization, making it an easy and lucrative target for hackers and other malicious forces. Therefore, it is of paramount importance to ensure the security of your exchange by introducing features like two- factor authentication, and multi-signature wallets.
It is encouraged to keep the resources and funds of your traders locked away in cold wallets. The movement of funds between your hot and cold wallets should be simple, straightforward, and quick, so there is no compromise on the tradeability for want of security.
In addition to all of these, it is highly encouraged that you have a proper KYC/AML process in place, ensuring the interest of your traders.
Marketing your exchange
Cryptocurrency exchanges have started to present themselves as lucrative earning opportunities in the crypto space. Therefore there are a lot of exchanges that have been sprouting left right and center. To make your exchange stand out from the crowd, you will need to market it effectively. In addition to the classical marketing methods like search optimization, social media advertising, and content marketing, you can also talk about your exchange in places like crypto forums. These activities ensure that your exchange gets the right exposure and engagement.
At a time when almost all exchanges provide the same kind of service, customer support is what defines the difference between a good exchange and a great exchange. Customer support should be made available for your traders through multiple platforms, including but not limited to emails, phone, and chat.
Detailing on the technology
When it comes to developing a crypto exchange, technology is at its core. The matching engine or the trading engine is considered the heart and soul of the crypto exchange. When it comes to the technical part, there are multiple options for you to proceed with. One is that you can hire a team of dedicated developers or even partner with a crypto development company that specializes in exchanges. You can also consider using open-source exchange scripts that you can customize according to your business requirements.
However, more than the two listed above, one of the most preferred ways to develop your crypto exchange is to use a white label crypto exchange software. These white label exchanges are effective both from a temporal and a financial perspective it will reduce the time taken to hit the market, and in a business like a crypto exchange, the quicker you hit the market, the better your possibilities of profit.
You can also be assured that your basic product is free from any bugs that might affect the core functions of your exchange.
A crypto exchange software is the confluence of multiple elements of technology and is a sure proof that even the most volatile cryptocurrency can still make an interesting option for making a profit through trading. With the presence of white label cryptocurrency exchange software, it only makes the possibility of getting into the crypto trading business easier and simpler.
All that you need to do is get in touch with a crypto exchange software development company, and they will take care to understand your requirements, create and customize the crypto exchange, and present it to you as a complete business tool.
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.
See the article here:
Creating A Crypto-Exchange - The Types & The Steps - YourStory
- Bitcoin surges past 8,400 as investors look for 'safe haven' - The Telegraph - July 29th, 2020
- Blockchain and how it can change construction - Geospatial World - July 29th, 2020
- CEO of Toronto-based cryptocurrency exchange Coinsquare resigns after regulatory probe - CBC.ca - July 29th, 2020
- 2020 will have publicly-traded cryptocurrency firms Barry Silbert - FXStreet - July 29th, 2020
- Chainalysis Introduces New Website, Market Intel, which gives Digital Asset Managers and Regulators Access to Meaningful Insight about Crypto Activity... - July 29th, 2020
- Why it is time to invest in Ethereum - Nairametrics - July 29th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency firm KuCoin 'shocked' by Twitter hacking - The National - July 19th, 2020
- Samsung Added Support for Stellar (XLM) Cryptocurrency to its Blockchain Keystore, Allows Millions of Users to Access the Digital Asset - Crowdfund... - July 19th, 2020
- $30 billion worth of BTCs disappears forever - Nairametrics - July 19th, 2020
- Popular singer, Akon and other leading experts speak on Africa's Crypto - Nairametrics - July 19th, 2020
- Revolut partners with Paxos to bring cryptocurrency trading to the US - TechCrunch - July 17th, 2020
- Paypal Developing Cryptocurrency Capabilities, Letter to European Commission Confirms | News - Bitcoin News - July 17th, 2020
- Apple, Biden, Musk and other high-profile Twitter accounts hacked in crypto scam - TechCrunch - July 17th, 2020
- TCS is ready to mine the new crypto economy, snatches early-mover advantage with Quartz - Economic Times - July 17th, 2020
- These Two Cryptocurrency Marks For In Which Way The Bitcoin Is Headed - Inventiva - July 17th, 2020
- US Embassy in BD launches webinar series on dark web and cryptocurrency - The Financial Express - July 17th, 2020
- Impact of Covid-19 on Cryptocurrency 2020-2027 with Focusing Key players like Nvidia, Xilinx, Intel, Advanced Micro Devices, Bitfury Group, etc - Cole... - July 17th, 2020
- Revolut launches cryptocurrency trading in US - ThePaypers - The Paypers - July 17th, 2020
- Brave New Coin to Develop Cryptocurrency Indices that Toronto Futures Options Swaps Exchange will Use for Cash-Settled Options Trading - Crowdfund... - July 17th, 2020
- Binance Pool Partners with BitRiver - Finance Magnates - July 17th, 2020
- ESET Discovers Trojanized Mac Cryptocurrency App Collecting Wallets and Screenshots - IT News Online - July 17th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market (COVID 19 Updated) Climbs on Positive Outlook of Excellent Growth by 2027- Advanced Micro Devices, Baikal... - July 17th, 2020
- New York Appellate Court Confirms Attorney Generals Broad Investigative Powers into the Cryptocurrency Industry - JD Supra - July 17th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market with COVID 19 Impact-Global Industry Report, Size, Demand, Revenue, Top Manufacturers, and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - July 17th, 2020
- Global Cryptocurrency Mining Software Market Projected to Reach USD XX.XX billion by 2024 : Genesis Mining, NiceHash, Awesome Miner, MinerGate,... - July 17th, 2020
- Chainlink (LINK) Becomes the Tesla of Cryptocurrency Whats Next? - Cointelegraph - July 14th, 2020
- As Bitcoin Struggles, This Minor Cryptocurrency Has Soared 1,000% In Just Over 12 Months - Forbes - July 14th, 2020
- Brave New Coin Signs Multi-Year Deal To Power Cryptocurrency Options Trading On Toronto Futures - Scoop.co.nz - July 14th, 2020
- Latest News On The Cryptocurrency Market | Intel, CoinBase, BitGo, and Binance - Jewish Life News - July 14th, 2020
- Akon sets out vision for his cryptocurrency and Akon City - Decrypt - July 14th, 2020
- Bank of England eyes groundbreaking new currency as key part of Britains future - Express - July 14th, 2020
- Bitcoin Exchanges And The Cryptocurrency World Was Just Rocked - JD Supra - July 11th, 2020
- New York Court Approves Investigation Into $10 Billion Cryptocurrency Created By A Presidential Candidate - Forbes - July 11th, 2020
- Huobi Global Provides Insight on What Is Driving the Institutional Interest in Cryptocurrency Investment - PRNewswire - July 11th, 2020
- What Challenges Affect the Cost of Running a Cryptocurrency Exchange - Cointelegraph - July 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency And Blockchain Technology Market size Reap Excessive Revenues size COVID-19 2022 - Kentucky Journal 24 - July 11th, 2020
- Fast Pace of Cryptocurrency Adoption in Latin America May be due to Dramatic Rise in Smartphone Users, Bitso Executive Reveals - Crowdfund Insider - July 11th, 2020
- NetCents teams up with crypto fintech company to utilize US$1.4 billion credit facility - Proactive Investors USA & Canada - July 11th, 2020
- Explainer: What is 'LBCOIN,' the new Lithuanian state-backed cryptocurrency? - Euronews - July 9th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency News Update: XRP and ADA on fire, BTC lags behind - FXStreet - July 9th, 2020
- Kaspersky Fraud Prevention helps Indacoin halt fraudulent operations with cryptocurrency - CRN.in - July 9th, 2020
- Cardano Becomes 6th Largest Cryptocurrency As Charles Hoskinson Pushes for Unity in Emerging Blockchain Industry - The Daily Hodl - July 9th, 2020
- There are now 13173 BTC millionaires around the world - Nairametrics - July 9th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency as an alternative during times of inflation - ITProPortal - July 8th, 2020
- The lawfulness of cryptocurrency mining in Bulgaria - Lexology - July 8th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency-Focused Docuseries Airs to Millions of Viewers via the Discovery Science Channel - Bitcoin News - July 8th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market News: Twitter users can send Bitcoin and crypto to each other thanks to a new service - FXStreet - July 8th, 2020
- What are Cryptocurrency Signals and their role in trading - TechGenyz - July 8th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Cardano to the moon as Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple stall - FXStreet - July 8th, 2020
- Latest News On The Cryptocurrency Market | Intel, CoinBase, BitGo, and Binance - Owned - July 8th, 2020
- New Token Listing Alert: Levolution's LEVL Token is Officially Live on Changelly - PRNewswire - July 8th, 2020
- The Profitability of Cryptocurrency Bitcoin Now and in the Future - Chiang Rai Times - July 8th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Cardano increased by 15% - The Times Hub - July 8th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Cardano grew by 10% - The Times Hub - July 8th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency trading vs. forex: The similarities and differences - AZ Big Media - June 25th, 2020
- Financial Inclusion, Cryptocurrency and the Developing World - Cointelegraph - June 25th, 2020
- Phishing and cryptocurrency scams squashed as one million emails are reported to new anti-scam hotline - ZDNet - June 25th, 2020
- 83% of BTCs addresses are smiling to the Bank - Nairametrics - June 25th, 2020
- Protesters Around The World Are Putting Their Hopes Into Cryptocurrency - Forbes - June 25th, 2020
- The Benefits of Cryptocurrency Trading Crypto Benzinga - Benzinga - June 25th, 2020
- Miners Are Sending Bitcoins to Exchanges Again and That May Be Bearish - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - June 25th, 2020
- Akon City: $6 Billion Cryptocurrency City Set to Begin Construction | News - Bitcoin News - June 25th, 2020
- UNICEF Cryptocurrency Fund announces its largest investment of startups in developing and emerging economies - UNICEF - June 25th, 2020
- NetCents Technology paves the way for mainstream cryptocurrency adoption by offering daily settlements to merchants - Proactive Investors USA &... - June 25th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Share Analysis and Research Report by 2025 - CueReport - June 25th, 2020
- From Ethereum to Stellar, to Solana: Cryptocurrency Kin Confirms Blockchain Migration - CoinDesk - June 25th, 2020
- Jim Rogers Discusses Bitcoin as Money and Why Governments Will Stop Crypto | News - Bitcoin News - June 25th, 2020
- Latest News On The Cryptocurrency Market | Bitmain, NVIDIA, Xilinx, Intel, Advanced Micro Devices, Ripple, Bitfury, Ethereum Foundation, CoinBase,... - June 25th, 2020
- EY Launches First-Of-Its-Kind Cryptocurrency Reporting App - PRNewswire - June 25th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency: Redefining the Future of Finance - Visual Capitalist - June 16th, 2020
- A Cryptocurrency User Paid $2.6M In Transaction Fee To Send $136 Twice - Benzinga - June 16th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Regulations in times of COVID-19: A boon or bane to India? - Lexology - June 16th, 2020
- Are CryptoCurrencies The Future Of Finance? - Digital Information World - June 16th, 2020
- Nevermind Coinbase Big Brother Is Already Watching Your Coins - Cointelegraph - June 16th, 2020
- Fireblocks integrates with Chainalysis to set a new compliance and security standard for financial institutions and cryptocurrency businesses -... - June 16th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market News: Bitcoin and the rest of cryptos following the global stock market - FXStreet - June 16th, 2020
- Latest Update 2020: Cryptocurrency Market by COVID19 Impact Analysis And Top Manufacturers: ZEB IT Service, Coinsecure, Coinbase, Bitstamp, Litecoin,... - June 16th, 2020
- Latest News On The Cryptocurrency Market | Intel, CoinBase, BitGo, and Binance - WorldsTrend - June 16th, 2020
- Justice Gets 15 Guilty Pleas for International Crime Ring that Laundered Money Through Cryptocurrency Exchanges - Nextgov - June 13th, 2020
- Why Bitcoin Suddenly Dropped 6% on Thursday - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - June 13th, 2020