Cryptocurrency accounting company, Lukka, has announced the launch of the Lukka Library an interactive collection of academic papers addressing legal, accounting, and tax questions pertaining to crypto assets.
On March 26, Cointelegraph spoke to Lukka co-CEO, Robert Materazzi, and Lukka Library creator and head of tax and regulatory affairs, Roger Brown.
Materazzi states that the company was formed under its former brand, Libra, in 2014 after the founder Googled how to pay his capital gains tax and found that there wasn't any solution that was out there.
The experience prompted the founder to rope together some developers to build what Robert claims was the first cryptocurrency tax calculator. However, the product failed to make an impact as people werent interested in paying their taxes in 2014 relating to crypto.
After the 2017 bull run pushed Bitcoin (BTC) towards the mainstream and gave rise to a proliferation in crypto hedge funds, the firm decided to shift its focus towards institutions.
Brown states that they then set about drafting a list of 170 issues relating to crypto tax for which they state there was either no IRS guidance, or the IRS guidance on the topic was overly broad and missed the nuances in their facts.
Roger asserts that more than 75 topics are currently covered in the Lukka Library, including a wide array of taxation strategies for crypto traders, and suggestions on how to value digital assets that experience high volatility for institutions.
The resource currently contains articles written by more than two dozen authors, including the University of Pennsylvania, in addition to legal firms McDermott Will & Emery, Steptoe & Johnson, Mayer Brown, and Baker & Hostetler.
Lukkas users can also request articles addressing desired topics and can access the authors featured in the librarys collection.
Annual access to the Lukka Library is currently priced at $99.95 per year.
Roger adds that the platform is soliciting content internationally, starting with an emphasis on the U.K.
Looking forward, Materazzi asserts that Lukka believes crypto assets and digital assets are the future, adding: finally all the regulators and governments are catching up to this right now.
Brown agrees, contending that the said future may be arriving sooner than previously anticipated, citing recent proposals for a U.S.-government backed digital dollar.
The US has two bills in Congress and one in the House, one in the Senate that talk about digitizing the dollar and the digitization not only just at the institutional level [...] but they're also going to creating a digital wallet for each U.S. person to, in effect, no longer have to deal with currency. And that's incredibly important. Not only for technology, the savings around sending it, the security also associated with it[...] but digital assets are more traceable than cash. So that could be part of the reason why Congress is enacting it.
He adds: People say you could get the coronavirus from touching money in coins, you can't do that by touching digital assets.
See the original post here:
Cryptocurrency Accounting Firm Launches Library of Legal and Tax Advice - Cointelegraph
- As Bitcoin Flounders, This Tiny Cryptocurrency Has Soared Over 200%Heres Why - Forbes - May 23rd, 2020
- What to Know About Billions' Cryptocurrency Drama If You Know Nothing About Cryptocurrency - Vulture - May 23rd, 2020
- Tether, the most promising stable coin, now the third most valuable cryptocurrency - Nairametrics - May 23rd, 2020
- Taxation on the Cryptocurrency - Live Bitcoin News - May 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Worth $282K from the 2016 Bitfinex Hack on the Move - Bitcoin News - May 23rd, 2020
- A detailed overview of Cryptocurrency Market [PDF] with innovation in technology, various aspects of the industry players, regions, types, and... - May 23rd, 2020
- Why Have Cryptocurrency Payments Failed to Take Off So Far? - Cointelegraph - May 22nd, 2020
- Cryptocurrency and COVID-19: Bitcoins Path to a Safe Haven - Cointelegraph - May 22nd, 2020
- Analysis on Impact of COVID-19- Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market 2020-2024 | Rising Popularity Of Mining Pools to Boost Growth | Technavio -... - May 22nd, 2020
- Top Cryptocurrency Trading Bots 2020 - Conquer The World - KryptoMoney - May 22nd, 2020
- Crypto hedge funds struggle to recover from bloodbath - Financial Times - May 22nd, 2020
- Bitcoins prices slip amid speculation that a block of the cryptocurrency possibly linked to creator Satoshi Nakamoto just changed hands - MarketWatch - May 20th, 2020
- Is 2020 the year to invest in cryptocurrency? - About Manchester - May 20th, 2020
- Ripple, third most valuable cryptocurrency, gets approval from the US for money transfers - Nairametrics - May 20th, 2020
- PODCAST | Why is Africa the most promising region for cryptocurrency? - Business Day - May 20th, 2020
- Learn how to invest in the stock market and cryptocurrency - New York Post - May 20th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact ON Cryptocurrency Exchanges Market: Size, Market Analysis, Application, Growth Drivers, Trends, status and Research Report by 2025 -... - May 20th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market 2020 Size & Share Outlook with COVID-19 Impact Analysis and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 20th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Receiving Massive Favor Amidst Inflation - Move Your Money - May 20th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market 2020 Global Overview, Growth, Size, Opportunities, Trends, Leading Company Analysis and Forecast to 2026 - Cole... - May 20th, 2020
- Telegram shuts down its cryptocurrency operation - The Verge - May 18th, 2020
- The Global Digital Asset & Cryptocurrency Association in Chicago wants to be the one to regulate digital currencies - Crain's Chicago Business - May 15th, 2020
- Bitcoin halving Q&A: what it's all about and what it means for the cryptocurrency - The Conversation US - May 15th, 2020
- This Minor Cryptocurrency Is On Track To Smash Bitcoin In 2020 - Forbes - May 15th, 2020
- FATF: How Will the Guidelines Affect Canadas Crypto Industry? - Finance Magnates - May 15th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency market update: Donald Trump will send Bitcoin to the moon - FXStreet - May 15th, 2020
- Bitcoin and cryptocurrency markets: Where next? - FXStreet - May 15th, 2020
- Thailand Sticks by its Cryptocurrency Commitment - The Phuket News - May 15th, 2020
- Man charged over cryptocurrency investment fraud - The Star Online - May 15th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market News: Bitcoin in tactical retreat to $9,600 before another jump to $10,000 - FXStreet - May 15th, 2020
- No way around it: the irreparable damage cryptocurrency does to the environment - Green Prophet - May 15th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market News: Bitcoin fails to hit 10K but could make another push - FXStreet - May 15th, 2020
- Teen Hackers Accused of Cryptocurrency Theft, Sued For $71 Mn - CISO MAG - May 11th, 2020
- Paul Tudor Jones calls bitcoin a 'great speculation,' says he has almost 2% of his assets in it - CNBC - May 11th, 2020
- Coinbase CEO Says New Cryptocurrency Bill Would Have Major Impact on Future of Finance - The Daily Hodl - May 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bloodbath as Bitcoin nosedives to $8,000, Ethereum $180 and Ripple $0.1780 - FXStreet - May 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market Growth by Top Companies, Trends by Types and Application, Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 11th, 2020
- The IRS Wants to Know About Your Cryptocurrency Transactions - Interesting Engineering - May 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin's halving might see a large influx of investors wanting a piece of the cryptocurrency market - Mashable SE Asia - May 11th, 2020
- Investors Who Bought iMining Blockchain and Cryptocurrency (CVE:IMIN) Shares A Year Ago Are Now Up 56% - Simply Wall St - May 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple have a bullish start to Saturday, following Fridays drop - FXStreet - May 11th, 2020
- What is a cryptocurrency and why is it needed? - AMBCrypto English - May 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Litecoin dipped to 12% - The Times Hub - May 11th, 2020
- Hong Kong Cryptocurrency Platform Crypto.com Announces New $100 Million Insurance Policy Led By Arch Underwriting That Extends Total Coverage to $360... - May 11th, 2020
- Verady Unveils Ledgible Accounting Partnerships With Blockchain.Com and Algorand - AiThority - May 7th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin leaves behind Ethereum and Ripple in the dust as bulls start consolidating their positions pre-halving -... - May 7th, 2020
- 7 Explosive Cryptocurrencies to Buy for the Bitcoin Halvening - InvestorPlace - May 7th, 2020
- Talking Crypto: Learn to really understand the world of cryptocurrency - Financial Post - May 5th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency This Week: Crypto Exchanges Seeks GST Clarification From RBI & More - Inc42 Media - May 5th, 2020
- Google Profits off Impersonations of Banned Cryptocurrency Celebs and Companies - Bitcoin News - May 5th, 2020
- Andreessen Horowitz Creates Second Cryptocurrency Fund With $515M Investment - Benzinga - May 5th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency And Blockchain Technology Market to Observe Strong Development by 2022 - Kentucky Journal 24 - May 5th, 2020
- Bitcoin Accounts For 78% Of The Cryptocurrency Derivatives Market In Q1 2020, Study Finds - CryptoPotato - May 5th, 2020
- MyCryptoMixer 2020 - The Best Bitcoin Mixer Necessary To Protect User's Anonymity and Privacy | Press release - Bitcoin News - May 5th, 2020
- TenX Debit Card Allows Spending Crypto as Cash - Move Your Money - May 5th, 2020
- Cryptocurrencies are gaining major traction as global economy shrinks - IOL - May 5th, 2020
- Total Cryptocurrency Market Cap Adds $20 Billion In Less Than 24 Hours - newsBTC - April 29th, 2020
- US Congress Considering More Than Two Dozen Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Proposals - The Daily Hodl - April 29th, 2020
- Congress Has Now Introduced 32 Crypto And Blockchain Bills - Forbes - April 29th, 2020
- Did This Norwegian Multimillionaire Invent a Cryptocurrency Ransom to Cover Up the Murder of His Wife? - Vanity Fair - April 29th, 2020
- Drawbacks of Cryptocurrency Exchanges - How Non-Custodial Services Are the Solution | Sponsored - Bitcoin News - April 29th, 2020
- Circuit Breakers Could Be Coming to CryptoBut Will they Be Effective? - Finance Magnates - April 29th, 2020
- North Koreas Alleged $670M Cryptocurrency Stash in Question Amid Rumors of Kim Jong-Uns Death - BeInCrypto - April 29th, 2020
- Tips to Understand Cryptocurrency and White Paper - Crypto Daily - April 29th, 2020
- Ethereum Near Levels That Sent Price 25% Down in 2019 - newsBTC - April 29th, 2020
- $8.8 Trillion Traded in Cryptocurrency Spot and Futures Markets in Q1: Reports | Markets and Prices Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - April 29th, 2020
- Things You Should Be Aware Of Behind the Cryptocurrency And 5G Covid-19 Plot - The Coin Republic - April 29th, 2020
- New cryptocurrency 'CRO' to list on CoinDCX crypto exchange, to be traded in two pairs - CNBCTV18 - April 29th, 2020
- Binance-backed Cryptocurrency Derivatives Exchange FTX to Launch Spot Trading in the US - Crowdfund Insider - April 29th, 2020
- Some US Citizens Look to Be Splashing Their Stimulus Cash on Cryptocurrency - CoinDesk - April 24th, 2020
- There's Cryptocurrency Twist in Crazy 5G COVID-19 Conspiracy - U.Today - April 24th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency predictions: what coins to choose in 2020? - Capital.com - April 24th, 2020
- This is what happens to cryptocurrency paid out in sextortion campaigns - ZDNet - April 24th, 2020
- This AI-focused cryptocurrency is up 300%, but on-chain fundamentals spell trouble - CryptoSlate - April 24th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin. Ethereum and Ripple in total lockdown as consolidation takes over - FXStreet - April 24th, 2020
- Tether Surpasses XRP to Become the Third-Largest Cryptocurrency - newsBTC - April 24th, 2020
- TaxBit Simplifies Cryptocurrency Taxes with Innovative Reporting and Audit Tools - BTCMANAGER - April 24th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Price Analysis: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, and ChainLink Where Are They Heading? - Coingape - April 24th, 2020
- Is Chinas National Cryptocurrency The Beginning Of A New Financial Era? - The Coin Republic - April 24th, 2020
- Ripple Executive Says Institutional Trading Boosting XRP Behind the Scenes, With Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitso Taking the Lead - The Daily Hodl - April 24th, 2020