We have listed the top 20 cryptocurrencies by market cap and price as an aggregate from top cryptocurrency exchanges. We also have the cryptocurrency price change from the past 24 hours, 7 days and 30 days. Bitcoin is currently the top cryptocurrency so we compare each of the cryptocurrencies on the list to Bitcoin. We also have the cryptocurrency trade volume that have been traded at exchanges (Coinbase, Binance, etc.) over the past 24 hours.
Bitcoin (BTC)Bitcoin was the very first cryptocurrency. Invented by an anonymous person(s) in 2009, it kick-started a revolution of new digital money and decentralized information networks. Bitcoin is likened to digital gold because it has a limited supply and can act as a store of value. It is censorship-resistant, pseudonymous, and an effective means of cross-border payments.
Ripple (XRP)Ripple is a real-time gross settlement network and payment network meant for regulated financial institutions to use. It is meant to streamline the onerous process for banks and eliminate third-parties like clearinghouses. Ripples native currency is called XRP.
Ethereum (ETH)Ethereum is meant to be a decentralized world computer. It works as a general programming platform upon which other blockchain apps can be built. It uses its native currency ether as a way to exchange value and pay for computing power.
EOS (EOS)EOS is also meant to function as a decentralized computing platform. It allows for other decentralized applications of all type to use it to power themselves. It is a competitor to Ethereum and other similar blockchains, much like how Windows OS and Mac OS compete.
Bitcoin Cash (BCH)Bitcoin Cash is a fork of Bitcoin. Bitcoin Cash differs in certain technical elements that allow for more transactions per second on chain. Proponents think it is more important to function as payments system rather than as a store of value.
Litecoin (LTC)Litecoin is one of the earliest cryptocurrencies, as well. It is a non-malicious fork of Bitcoin that gave it high transactions per second and a different mining algorithm. Litecoin is sometimes likened to silver in comparison to Bitcoin as gold. In history, silver was used more frequently for smaller transactions and gold was used less for larger sums.
Binance Coin (BNB)Binance Coin is a utility coin that is integrated in the Binance crypto exchange platform. Investors and traders on Binance can use BNB for discounts on trading fees. It is a major trading pair and is featured on its new decentralized exchange.
Tether (USDT)Tether is a stablecoin. This means that it is pegged to the US dollar and rarely fluctuates beyond a 1:1 ratio. Tether is often used by traders to escape the massive volatility in crypto prices. One USDT is redeemable for 1 USD on select exchanges.
Stellar (XLM)Stellar is an open-source payment network that relies on distributed ledger technology. Stellar is tackling the problem of making cross-border payments faster, cheaper and easier. It connects financial institutions and small businesses in different countries through its software, utilizing its native token Lumen, or XLM, as an intermediary to exchange between different currencies.
Cardano (ADA)Cardano is a protocol-layer blockchain platform that will support decentralized applications and the use of smart contracts. Cardano is aiming to add unique features, such as side chains and atomic swaps, for interoperability with other blockchains. It is also looking to add optional features like KYC/AML for financial institutions to help with regulations.
Tron (TRX)Tron is a blockchain-based platform that is looking to become a place for peer-to-peer sharing of digital entertainment content. It will allow developers to build applications on top of its protocol to introduce a more decentralized way to consume and share media.
Huobi Token (HT)Huobi Token is the native cryptocurrency within the Huobi exchange trading platform. It is modeled after the Binance Coin with a few extra perks. Investors and traders on Huobi get discounts on fees, airdrops of various coins, and can vote on certain decision within the exchange, such as new coin listings.
Monero (XLR)Monero is a privacy-centric cryptocurrency aiming to allow all transactions to be completely anonymous and untraceable. Monero uses highly technical cryptography, such as ring signatures and stealth address, to make it virtually impossible for third-parties to track. By obscuring all addresses and transactions, proponents say it makes for a more useful and fungible currency.
Dash (DASH)Dash is an open-source privacy-centric cryptocurrency that was started in early 2014. Dash is short for digital cash. Its two priorities are privacy and scalability. It uses a coin-mixing process to make transactions harder to trace and uses proof-of-stake to allow for a higher transaction throughput.
Bitcoin SV (BSV)Bitcoin SV stands for Bitcoin Satoshis Vision. It was created after a fork of Bitcoin Cash (which was originally a fork of Bitcoin). Similarly, the Bitcoin SV team wanted to make technical upgrades that allowed the network the capacity to handle an even larger volume of transactions.
IOTA (IOT)The IOTA project is focused on creating a decentralized network for connecting the Internet of Things, like smart devices and vehicles. It is aiming to make nanopayments between machines efficient and automated. It uses a different form of distributed ledger technology called Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG).
Ontology (ONT)Ontology is an open-source blockchain project that focuses on tackling issues of identity, data storage and data exchange for enterprise use cases. Ontology aims to solve problems that arise around proprietary data for large companies. It was launched in late 2017 by a Chinese company called OnChain.
NEO (NEO)NEO is meant to be a base-layer protocol that acts a platform for other decentralized applications to be built on. NEO is based in China and is sometimes referred to as the Chinese Ethereum. It aims to have better scalability and implement an identity system for all users.
Basic Attention Token (BAT)Basic Attention Token is a utility coin used in an internet browser called Brave that exchanges value between advertisers, web-sites and users in a peer-to-peer fashion. Users can earn money paid directly from advertisers for not blocking ads and websites can earn money directly from users activity on their pages.
Ethereum Classic (ETC)Ethereum Classic is the original version of the Ethereum blockchain. It only appeared following the events of the 2016 DAO Hack. Ethereum Classic was the version that decided not to fork following a dramatic debate within the community. Additionally, unlike its similarly named counterpart, Ethereum Classic has instituted a supply hard cap and remains using a proof-of-work system.
Read the original post:
Cryptocurrency Price List - Top 20 Cryptocurrency Prices Today
- Cryptocurrency market update: Major cryptos trade in tight ranges on Saturday - FXStreet - April 6th, 2020
- These are the main factors to consider before investing in the cryptocurrency market - CryptoSlate - April 6th, 2020
- Brian Armstrong: Cryptocurrency Boom Will Spawn Millions of Tokens - The Daily Hodl - April 6th, 2020
- Global demand for cryptocurrencies escalating rapidly: What is the reason for this? - Cryptopolitan - April 6th, 2020
- This Cryptocurrency Casino Is the Latest Terrible Idea by Atari - CCN.com - April 6th, 2020
- First Mover: Trillions in Coronavirus Stimulus Bring Out the Bitcoin Bulls - Yahoo Finance - April 6th, 2020
- YouTube Scares Off Cryptocurrency Supporters by Banning their Content - Coin Idol - April 6th, 2020
- Alipays Progress in Developing the Official Chinese Cryptocurrency Amidst the Global Chaos - TWJ News - March 29th, 2020
- Huobi (HT) Buying Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrency Is Easier With Huobi Lite - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - March 29th, 2020
- Lukka debuts resource library on all things cryptocurrency - Accounting Today - March 28th, 2020
- Not Convinced New Investors are Buying Bitcoin, Top Analyst Says - newsBTC - March 28th, 2020
- How to identify when a cryptocurrency is about to skyrocket? | The Home of Altcoins: All About Crypto, Bitcoin & Altcoins - Coinlist - March 28th, 2020
- Coronavirus Crisis Shows Benefits of Virtual Reality to Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts - The Merkle Hash - March 28th, 2020
- Report: Asian Nations are Increasing Cryptocurrency Usage - Asia Crypto Today - March 28th, 2020
- President of Brazilian banking On cryptocurrency: They do not fulfill any of the classic functions of currency - Crypto Daily - March 28th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Accounting Firm Launches Library of Legal and Tax Advice - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Binance Reveals the Secret Behind Its Cryptocurrency Futures Success - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- What Happened In Cryptocurrency Tax Space In Q1 2020 - Forbes - March 27th, 2020
- What Will $6 Trillion in Monetary Expansion Do To Cryptocurrency? (Opinion) - CryptoPotato - March 27th, 2020
- Why this cryptocurrency just surged 16% on news of a key Binance partnership - CryptoSlate - March 27th, 2020
- The Role of Cryptocurrencies in the Rise of Ransomware - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Dash and Monero edge above Bitcoin to lead a remarkable recovery - FXStreet - March 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin news: Price hit by dramatic value fluctuations amid coronavirus panic buying and selling - The Independent - March 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin in the Palm of Your Hand Crypto Hardware Wallets Review - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Ranked: US cities with the most crypto owners - Decrypt - March 27th, 2020
- The Coder and the Dictator - The New York Times - March 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Gains $25.7B In 24 Hours As It Recovers From Massive Sell-Off - Benzinga - March 27th, 2020
- Chinas Cryptocurrency Is Closer Than Expected, Already Working On Legislation - CryptoPotato - March 27th, 2020
- We Implemented Cryptocurrency In Our Cannabis Business. Here's What We Found. - Green Entrepreneur - March 27th, 2020
- How To Make Money When The Cryptocurrency Market Is Tanking - Forbes - March 19th, 2020
- Thousands of These Computers Were Mining Cryptocurrency. Now They're Working on Coronavirus Research - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - March 19th, 2020
- Itiviti and Gemini to offer Nyfix connectivity for cryptocurrency customers - Finextra - March 19th, 2020
- 6 Cryptocurrency Exchanges That Don't Require KYC - Bitcoin News - March 19th, 2020
- How to Seize What Might Be Unprecedented Crypto Buying... - Coinspeaker - March 19th, 2020
- Will iMining Blockchain and Cryptocurrency (CVE:IMIN) Spend Its Cash Wisely? - Simply Wall St - March 19th, 2020
- How Do You Maximize the Benefits of Cryptocurrency While Avoiding Near-Term Tax? Consider a Self-Directed IRA - The Block Talk - March 19th, 2020
- Russian Premier Bank Signals Red For Cryptocurrency Circulation And Issuance - TWJ News - March 19th, 2020
- Cyber Thieves Using Coronavirus Fears to Steal Bitcoin (BTC) and Cryptocurrency - The Daily Hodl - March 19th, 2020
- BitGo Starts to Further its Cryptocurrency insurance policies - Crypto Daily - March 19th, 2020
- Cryptocurrencies see $93.5 billion wiped off value in 24 hours as bitcoin plunges 48% - CNBC - March 15th, 2020
- [Updated] The Real Reason Behind Bitcoin And Cryptos Massive $50 Billion Crash? - Forbes - March 15th, 2020
- 50 Companies Back New Cryptocurrency Project Competing With Facebook's Libra - Bitcoin News - March 15th, 2020
- The unlikely cryptocurrency bill that went to Congress - Decrypt - March 15th, 2020
- Bitcoin Just Failed the Coronavirus Test - Motley Fool - March 15th, 2020
- XRP on the Verge of Free Fall - Crypto Briefing - March 15th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency exchange CoinDCX invests $1.3M in education initiative 'TryCrypto' - YourStory - March 15th, 2020
- Rise in trading volume a positive sign for cryptocurrency - BTC Wires - March 15th, 2020
- Elon Musk and Daniel Craig Featured in Cryptocurrency Scam Promising Massive Returns - The Daily Hodl - March 15th, 2020
- South Korea passes one of the worlds first comprehensive cryptocurrency laws - TechCrunch - March 10th, 2020
- Bitcoin And Crypto Investors: Avoid This New Cryptocurrency Like The Plague - Forbes - March 10th, 2020
- Over $26 billion wiped off cryptocurrency market in 24 hours after massive oil price plunge - CNBC - March 10th, 2020
- Chinese Nationals Charged with Laundering More Than $100 Million in Cryptocurrency | Chief Investment Officer - Chief Investment Officer - March 10th, 2020
- View: Why it's better for RBI to just wait and watch on cryptocurrency - Economic Times - March 10th, 2020
- Will Japan have a National Cryptocurrency? - Asia Crypto Today - March 10th, 2020
- Cardano (ADA) Cryptocurrency Going Great with Commercialization Measures - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - March 10th, 2020
- Binance Coin (BNB) Cryptocurrency Is Surging: Here's How It Can Refuel BTC - newsBTC - March 10th, 2020
- Is the Coronavirus The Black Swan Event That Crushes Cryptocurrency? - newsBTC - March 5th, 2020
- Nearly $10bn worth of cryptocurrency was stolen in the past three years - TechRadar - March 5th, 2020
- Latest news on the cryptocurrency market - Born2Invest - March 5th, 2020
- Coinbase CEO Reveals Controversial Bitcoin (BTC) and Cryptocurrency Prediction With Major Shift Incoming - The Daily Hodl - March 5th, 2020
- Elon Musk Just Sent The Best Cryptocurrency And Prank Bitcoin Rival Sharply HigherHeres Why - Forbes - March 4th, 2020
- Who Needs Cryptocurrency FedCoin When We Already Have A National Digital Currency? - Forbes - March 4th, 2020
- Binance, Coinbase, And Other Cryptocurrency Exchanges Reportedly Targeted By A New Trojan Virus - CryptoPotato - March 4th, 2020
- North Korea may Have to Forfeit 113 Cryptocurrency Accounts - The Merkle Hash - March 4th, 2020
- Elon Musk says Dogecoin is the best cryptocurrency - Decrypt - March 4th, 2020
- CoronaCoin: Cryptocurrency that bets on coronavirus deaths - Business Today - March 4th, 2020
- Meet the Northumbrian using cryptocurrency to address the UK's housing crisis - North East Times - March 4th, 2020
- How UNICEFs crypto currency fund could change the UN - Quartz - February 28th, 2020
- When IRS Asks About Cryptocurrency On Your Taxes, Answer Carefully - Forbes - February 28th, 2020
- While The Rest of the Market Tanks, One Cryptocurrency Is Above All-Time High - newsBTC - February 28th, 2020
- Crypto in the Hermit Kingdom: Understanding the Objectives of the Pyongyang Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference - RUSI Analysis - February 28th, 2020
- Warren Buffett: Cryptocurrency 'has no value' 'I don't own any and never will' - CNBC - February 28th, 2020
- VeChain (VET) Billion Dollars Partners Believe in the Cryptocurrency - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - February 28th, 2020
- Yemens Civil War Shows the Dangers of Crypto - Yahoo Finance - February 28th, 2020
- Fantom Foundation (FTM) 20 Cryptocurrency Transactions in a Single Second on the Blockchain - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - February 28th, 2020
- VertCoin (VTC) One Click Miner Beginning To Rock the Cryptocurrency World Already - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - February 28th, 2020
- A plan to sell Perth Glory to the LFE cryptocurrency firm is over, but the deal never added up - ABC News - February 28th, 2020
- Crime And Punishment In The Cryptocurrency World - Forbes - February 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency in Focus: Ethereum Is on Fire - TheStreet - February 27th, 2020
- Warren Buffett says he will never own any cryptocurrency - Yahoo Finance - February 27th, 2020