ContentBox is utilizing the blockchain in hopes of disrupting the digital content industry.
Relevant content should be easy to find in this technologically-enabled era. However, competition has created white noise that can be hard to penetrate for both creators and content-seekers.
Take podcasts. When we go to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Soundcloud or any other number of apps and search our favorite topics from a phone, tablet or laptop, we expect to find the most relevant results. But, due to convoluted distribution schemes and multiple different platforms, thats not always the case. What happens, for example, when a podcast isnt featured on your devices native app store or podcast app? Or, perhaps its only available in the language of the non-English speaking foreign country you may be traveling in (which you might not happen to speak). At this point, it becomes a matter of scarcity: do you risk settling for a diminished digital experience, or worse, diminishing the quality of your trip?
Renee Wang was working in Japan when she realized there were no podcasting platforms that supported multiple languages on the market. She had to download podcasts to MP3 files and piecemeal them into one. Recognizing the gap, she decided to build a solution.
CastBox was Born
Renee and her co-founder Alex He built CastBox, a discovery app hailed the Netflix of podcasts, and an all-in-one solution to the problem with having to hunt down disparate podcast channels, apps, and stations to find the podcasts you want. Replete with foreign language and multi-platform support, as well as personalized recommendation features, CastBox is essentially a blockchain-enabled podcast aggregator that not only allows individuals to discover new podcasts tailored to their interests, but also allows users to see what others are listening to on the app, and personalize their podcast recommendation and search preferences. One of the greatest ways CastBox adds value to users podcast experience is through its in-audio search feature: the app transcribes and indexes audio files and then allows users to search for them based off of just one sentence or body of text within it, after which CastBox then shows their search result, in addition to giving contextualized recommendations to similar podcasts.
On July 17, CastBox Launched ContentBox
As Wang and He discovered, the creative landscape for digital content creators is wide and deep, leading to significant and often insurmountable competition. Unfortunately, the profit potential for such creatives is bleak, as a result. In a market where distribution channels take the lions share of content creators revenues, the blockchain is poised to rebalance the model in the artists favor. And thats where ContentBox comes in.
On July 17th, CastBox launched ContentBox on Huobi Global. The platform is an open-source blockchain infrastructure for creators, a token-based ecosystem comprised of a shared user and content pool along with a unified payment solution. As a decentralized content ecosystem, ContentBox gives users, creators, and companies alike the ability to integrate into it, opening up content channels, monetization, and multi-platform mobilization.
Boasting 18 million users, 3 billion BOX released, and 750 million BOX circulating as of July, ContentBox is now working on scaling its adoption of BOX Passport, a cross-platform identity and attribution gateway; BOX Payout, a borderless and secure payment transaction network; and BOX Unpack, a turn-key content management solution for publishers, to provide even more monetization opportunities for artists and creators.
ContentBox is allowing users to deposit and buy BOX both on its platform as well as on Huobi, which now also accepts BOX deposits, as well as BOX/ETH and BOX/BTC trades on its platform. ContentBox aims to decentralize the digital content industry and tackle its biggest pain pointscreator monetization, user incentives, and content ownershipthrough a unified payout system, a shared content pool, and a shared user pool. ContentBox is the latest and most wide-ranging effort to combat abuses towards artists in the digital production industries, where platforms take the lions share of creators profits in exchange for distribution rights. ContentBox allows artists to bypass distribution platforms and access users directly, maximizing their profit potential. The release gives creators crypto-incentives for featuring their podcasts on the platform in the form of BOX tokens, which can be traded for ETH and BTC on Huobi Global.
With the release of ContentBox, CastBox further moves to disrupt the digital content production industry with an antagonistic business model that gives value back to creators instead of profiting off of them. There is major support for this: ContentBox is backed by Nirvana Capital, Node Capital, BlockVC, LinkVC, ICONIZ, JRR, and Fenbushi Capital founder Bo Shen. Further, that ContentBox was listed on Huobi at all is validation: only 0.0001% of all crypto projects are listed on this particular exchange. Yet, to definitively change the industry, CastBox will need to reach mass markets to scale platform adoption and reach mass profitability for podcasters using ContentBox, as well as attract key influencers away from top digital content distribution platforms and onto its own. If it can do this, ContentBox could allow CastBox to compete with the top market-dominating podcast apps globally. Keep your eyes open for more news on this continuing development.
Editorial note: this article was updated to correct a typographical error. We previously reported there were 750 billion BOX circulating as of July that number was updated to reflect the accurate figure: 750 million.
What do you think about blockchain vs. tradition digital content distribution platforms? Could these really disrupt todays digital content industry? Post in the comments below to tell us your opinions!
- Regulating cryptocurrency exchanges - The Indian Express - June 2nd, 2020
- Russia Sort Of Dropped The Hammer On Bitcoin, Crypto - Forbes - June 2nd, 2020
- Cryptocurrency This Week: Indian Crypto Exchanges Witness Surge In New Users, Bitcoin Sees $1000 Spike & More - Inc42 Media - June 2nd, 2020
- SEC Wins Terminating Sanctions Against Cryptocurrency Creator - Law Street Media - June 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin hodl waves indicate 60% of the cryptocurrency is being hoarded analysts suggest a bull run could be - Business Insider India - June 2nd, 2020
- Cryptocurrencies and Online Gaming: 4 Use Cases - the blockchain land - June 2nd, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market News: Its a sea of red in the crypto market today - FXStreet - June 2nd, 2020
- Japanese Finance Minister May Be Opposed to Lowering Tax on Crypto - Cointelegraph - June 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin Cash Vietnam-Based Fiat-to-Crypto Trading Support Added to Bvnex Exchange | Exchanges - Bitcoin News - June 2nd, 2020
- Crypto.com Becomes the First Cryptocurrency Company in the World to Achieve ISO/IEC 27701:2019 Certification - WFMZ Allentown - June 2nd, 2020
- Todays cache | Crypto-jacking, and more - The Hindu - June 2nd, 2020
- The Ethereum cryptocurrency has risen above $250,71, showing an increase of 5% - The Times Hub - June 2nd, 2020
- Chinas Cryptocurrency Legitimate Threat to Bitcoin and Dollar - Move Your Money - June 2nd, 2020
- Latest News On The Cryptocurrency Market | Intel, CoinBase, BitGo, and... - Azizsalon News - June 2nd, 2020
- As Bitcoin Flounders, This Tiny Cryptocurrency Has Soared Over 200%Heres Why - Forbes - May 23rd, 2020
- What to Know About Billions' Cryptocurrency Drama If You Know Nothing About Cryptocurrency - Vulture - May 23rd, 2020
- Tether, the most promising stable coin, now the third most valuable cryptocurrency - Nairametrics - May 23rd, 2020
- Taxation on the Cryptocurrency - Live Bitcoin News - May 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Worth $282K from the 2016 Bitfinex Hack on the Move - Bitcoin News - May 23rd, 2020
- A detailed overview of Cryptocurrency Market [PDF] with innovation in technology, various aspects of the industry players, regions, types, and... - May 23rd, 2020
- Why Have Cryptocurrency Payments Failed to Take Off So Far? - Cointelegraph - May 22nd, 2020
- Cryptocurrency and COVID-19: Bitcoins Path to a Safe Haven - Cointelegraph - May 22nd, 2020
- Analysis on Impact of COVID-19- Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market 2020-2024 | Rising Popularity Of Mining Pools to Boost Growth | Technavio -... - May 22nd, 2020
- Top Cryptocurrency Trading Bots 2020 - Conquer The World - KryptoMoney - May 22nd, 2020
- Crypto hedge funds struggle to recover from bloodbath - Financial Times - May 22nd, 2020
- Bitcoins prices slip amid speculation that a block of the cryptocurrency possibly linked to creator Satoshi Nakamoto just changed hands - MarketWatch - May 20th, 2020
- Is 2020 the year to invest in cryptocurrency? - About Manchester - May 20th, 2020
- Ripple, third most valuable cryptocurrency, gets approval from the US for money transfers - Nairametrics - May 20th, 2020
- PODCAST | Why is Africa the most promising region for cryptocurrency? - Business Day - May 20th, 2020
- Learn how to invest in the stock market and cryptocurrency - New York Post - May 20th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact ON Cryptocurrency Exchanges Market: Size, Market Analysis, Application, Growth Drivers, Trends, status and Research Report by 2025 -... - May 20th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market 2020 Size & Share Outlook with COVID-19 Impact Analysis and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 20th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Receiving Massive Favor Amidst Inflation - Move Your Money - May 20th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market 2020 Global Overview, Growth, Size, Opportunities, Trends, Leading Company Analysis and Forecast to 2026 - Cole... - May 20th, 2020
- Telegram shuts down its cryptocurrency operation - The Verge - May 18th, 2020
- The Global Digital Asset & Cryptocurrency Association in Chicago wants to be the one to regulate digital currencies - Crain's Chicago Business - May 15th, 2020
- Bitcoin halving Q&A: what it's all about and what it means for the cryptocurrency - The Conversation US - May 15th, 2020
- This Minor Cryptocurrency Is On Track To Smash Bitcoin In 2020 - Forbes - May 15th, 2020
- FATF: How Will the Guidelines Affect Canadas Crypto Industry? - Finance Magnates - May 15th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency market update: Donald Trump will send Bitcoin to the moon - FXStreet - May 15th, 2020
- Bitcoin and cryptocurrency markets: Where next? - FXStreet - May 15th, 2020
- Thailand Sticks by its Cryptocurrency Commitment - The Phuket News - May 15th, 2020
- Man charged over cryptocurrency investment fraud - The Star Online - May 15th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market News: Bitcoin in tactical retreat to $9,600 before another jump to $10,000 - FXStreet - May 15th, 2020
- No way around it: the irreparable damage cryptocurrency does to the environment - Green Prophet - May 15th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market News: Bitcoin fails to hit 10K but could make another push - FXStreet - May 15th, 2020
- Teen Hackers Accused of Cryptocurrency Theft, Sued For $71 Mn - CISO MAG - May 11th, 2020
- Paul Tudor Jones calls bitcoin a 'great speculation,' says he has almost 2% of his assets in it - CNBC - May 11th, 2020
- Coinbase CEO Says New Cryptocurrency Bill Would Have Major Impact on Future of Finance - The Daily Hodl - May 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bloodbath as Bitcoin nosedives to $8,000, Ethereum $180 and Ripple $0.1780 - FXStreet - May 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market Growth by Top Companies, Trends by Types and Application, Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 11th, 2020
- The IRS Wants to Know About Your Cryptocurrency Transactions - Interesting Engineering - May 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin's halving might see a large influx of investors wanting a piece of the cryptocurrency market - Mashable SE Asia - May 11th, 2020
- Investors Who Bought iMining Blockchain and Cryptocurrency (CVE:IMIN) Shares A Year Ago Are Now Up 56% - Simply Wall St - May 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple have a bullish start to Saturday, following Fridays drop - FXStreet - May 11th, 2020
- What is a cryptocurrency and why is it needed? - AMBCrypto English - May 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Litecoin dipped to 12% - The Times Hub - May 11th, 2020
- Hong Kong Cryptocurrency Platform Crypto.com Announces New $100 Million Insurance Policy Led By Arch Underwriting That Extends Total Coverage to $360... - May 11th, 2020
- Verady Unveils Ledgible Accounting Partnerships With Blockchain.Com and Algorand - AiThority - May 7th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin leaves behind Ethereum and Ripple in the dust as bulls start consolidating their positions pre-halving -... - May 7th, 2020
- 7 Explosive Cryptocurrencies to Buy for the Bitcoin Halvening - InvestorPlace - May 7th, 2020
- Talking Crypto: Learn to really understand the world of cryptocurrency - Financial Post - May 5th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency This Week: Crypto Exchanges Seeks GST Clarification From RBI & More - Inc42 Media - May 5th, 2020
- Google Profits off Impersonations of Banned Cryptocurrency Celebs and Companies - Bitcoin News - May 5th, 2020
- Andreessen Horowitz Creates Second Cryptocurrency Fund With $515M Investment - Benzinga - May 5th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency And Blockchain Technology Market to Observe Strong Development by 2022 - Kentucky Journal 24 - May 5th, 2020
- Bitcoin Accounts For 78% Of The Cryptocurrency Derivatives Market In Q1 2020, Study Finds - CryptoPotato - May 5th, 2020
- MyCryptoMixer 2020 - The Best Bitcoin Mixer Necessary To Protect User's Anonymity and Privacy | Press release - Bitcoin News - May 5th, 2020
- TenX Debit Card Allows Spending Crypto as Cash - Move Your Money - May 5th, 2020
- Cryptocurrencies are gaining major traction as global economy shrinks - IOL - May 5th, 2020
- Total Cryptocurrency Market Cap Adds $20 Billion In Less Than 24 Hours - newsBTC - April 29th, 2020
- US Congress Considering More Than Two Dozen Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Proposals - The Daily Hodl - April 29th, 2020
- Congress Has Now Introduced 32 Crypto And Blockchain Bills - Forbes - April 29th, 2020
- Did This Norwegian Multimillionaire Invent a Cryptocurrency Ransom to Cover Up the Murder of His Wife? - Vanity Fair - April 29th, 2020
- Drawbacks of Cryptocurrency Exchanges - How Non-Custodial Services Are the Solution | Sponsored - Bitcoin News - April 29th, 2020
- Circuit Breakers Could Be Coming to CryptoBut Will they Be Effective? - Finance Magnates - April 29th, 2020
- North Koreas Alleged $670M Cryptocurrency Stash in Question Amid Rumors of Kim Jong-Uns Death - BeInCrypto - April 29th, 2020
- Tips to Understand Cryptocurrency and White Paper - Crypto Daily - April 29th, 2020
- Ethereum Near Levels That Sent Price 25% Down in 2019 - newsBTC - April 29th, 2020
- $8.8 Trillion Traded in Cryptocurrency Spot and Futures Markets in Q1: Reports | Markets and Prices Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - April 29th, 2020