Dmitri Love pitchedBundilan app that takes your spare change and invests in cryptocurrencyon Season 10 of Shark Tank. Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc..) and the blockchain technology that powers it, has created new opportunities for investors, startups, and professionals in a variety of industries.
Musician and philanthropist, Akon created his own: Akoin.PatientoryCEO Chrissa McFarlane raised millions for her blockchain startup with an Initial Coin Offering (ICO), and online communities like Wacoinda have developed to share news and financial information about the cryptocurrency market. Knowledge is power but wading through the deluge of news about digital assets can make investing in the speculative asset class daunting.
Thats why Dmitri Love created Bundil, to make it easier for everyday investors to add cryptocurrency to their portfolio. After his appearance on Shark Tank, Black Enterprise contributor Brandon Andrews sat down with Love for an interview about the show and his business.
BUNDIL CEO Dmitri Love on Shark Tank (ABC/Eric McCandless)
Give us a quick overview of the crypto landscape. What is it and how does it work?
Thats a pretty loaded question. The crypto world is an ever-evolving space filled with prowess and ingenuity.Lets start with bitcoins because they are so well known. Bitcoin is like regular money and in a small way, stocks.Its like money in that it has value and you can use it to buy goods and services. Its also like stock because the value fluctuates based on supply and demand. Bitcoin operates on technology called blockchain. Other crypto, like Ethereum, are using that same blockchain technology to allow people to rent out (and make money with) part of their computing power when they arent using it. Its an exciting space thats still in its infancy.
Why should I invest my spare change in crypto instead of saving it or using it for another opportunity?
You should do both! We always advocate diversifying your portfolio. Save some, invest some, repeat. We are actually in the works of adding a savings feature to our platform in coming weeks.
How did you build the Bundil app? What was your biggest challenge in the development process?
Well, lots of code and late nights, haha. We knew who we wanted to help build the system. I had some software friends in my hometown of Fayetteville, Arkansas, who are absolutely brilliant. I cant express enough how much we value them and what they have done for Bundil. The biggest challenge for us was mitigating risk management in the roundup investment process. We knew traditional roundups may provide poor monthly investments for those who dont use their debit/credit cards often enough. We came up with the idea to add different round-up options so users can choose how much to round up based on their spending habits.
Bundil App (enjoybundil.com)
You appeared on Season 10 of Shark Tank! How did you connect with the show? Tell us the story.
Its actually pretty crazy. We were contacted by a Shark Tank producer within two days of launching the initial iOS app back in April. My co-founder and I didnt believe it at first, but after doing some research we learned that it was real. We were asked to send in a pitch video and shortly after I was flown out to LA to film. Its still a little surreal.
You took the Sharks to crypto school, with a chalkboard and everything, how was that experience?
Comfortable. I thought I would be intimidated pitching our tiny startup to the Sharks, but once the pitch started, I felt like I was educating and explaining my business just like I would to anyone else. I used the chalkboard to show how complicated investing in Bitcoin and other crypto can be without using the Bundil app. I felt comfortable throughout the interaction.
Give us an update, what have you been working on since being on the show?
Weve been working on scaling up and adding new features. We know that Bundils an amazing tool for the old and new members of the crypto community and we want to make sure we exceed our users expectations.
BUNDIL CEO Dmtri Love on Shark Tank (ABC/Eric McCandless)
How do you plan to grow the business in 2018 and beyond?
The exposure from the show is going to give us great visibility, which is a good start. We want to show the world that crypto is nothing to be afraid of. I think our efforts in providing a secure, safe, and easy platform to invest in crypto will speak for itself. We also plan to continue engaging the investment community. In the coming weeks, we will provide other features to skyrocket their portfolios, and show them that investing is fun!
Why should African Americans be interested in crypto? Are their specific opportunities for black investors?
There are definitely opportunities for black investors. I think a lot of African Americans feel intimidated by investing in crypto or any other asset, because we often dont have the same financial opportunities. We want to bridge that gap with Bundil. We also want to empower black investors with knowledge. You can invest no matter your background or economic status. Thats the core of why we built Bundil. To engage the people that dont know where to start, and provide an easy and fun way to participate. No matter where theyre from, what their economic status is, or what they look like.
Brandon Andrews is a senior consultant at Values Partnerships. He leads a nationwide casting tour for ABC's Shark Tank. He writes about business, politics, and crowdfunding. Website - http://www.brandonandrews.me Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/brandontalk IG - http://www.instagram.com/yesbrandon Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/mr.brandonandrews Snap - @brandontalk
Read more from the original source:
Invest in Cryptocurrency With Spare Change - Black Enterprise
- Cryptocurrency - CES 2020 - December 4th, 2019
- What is Cryptocurrency? A Simple Explanation - December 4th, 2019
- 8 Best Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Books To Read in 2019 ... - December 4th, 2019
- What Is Cryptocurrency Mining? - Mycryptopedia - December 4th, 2019
- Best Places to Earn Interest on Your Cryptocurrency - Crypto Briefing - December 4th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency 101 in the South Bronx - The New Yorker - December 4th, 2019
- Bitcoin Corrects And What's Next - Seeking Alpha - December 4th, 2019
- Drugs hidden in childs toy lead police to massive $1M cryptocurrency stash - The Next Web - December 4th, 2019
- Chinas blockchain consortium adds cryptocurrency exchange Huobi to its alliance - FXStreet - December 4th, 2019
- Want to Pay for Your Stay with Cryptocurrency? Head to Vir Island - Total Croatia News - December 4th, 2019
- Thai SEC to Amend its Royal Decree on Cryptocurrency - The Tokenist - December 4th, 2019
- German Banks Will Be Allowed to Buy, Sell, and Store Cryptocurrency Starting New Years Day Crypto.IQ | Bitcoin and Investment News from Inside... - December 4th, 2019
- India vs. the people: The battle over cryptocurrency ownership continues - Forkast News - December 2nd, 2019
- Cryptocurrency This Week: Binance Launches Ethereum Futures, Hackers Steal $50 Mn From Korean Exchange And ... - Inc42 Media - December 2nd, 2019
- China Shuts Down 173 Cryptocurrency Exchanges and Token-Issuing Platforms - BeInCrypto - December 2nd, 2019
- More traditional investors are eyeing cryptocurrency to diversify their portfolios - Forkast News - December 2nd, 2019
- U.S. Authorities Arrest Virgil Griffith For Teaching Cryptocurrency And Blockchain - Forbes - November 30th, 2019
- What Hides Behind South Korean Cryptocurrency Regulation Policy? - The Diplomat - November 30th, 2019
- CipherTrace Q3 2019 Cryptocurrency AML Report: 2/3 of the Top 120 - AiThority - November 30th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Crime Spikes This Year and SMBs are Paying the Price - Commercial Integrator - November 30th, 2019
- $150 Billion Cryptocurrency Boom Is Here Buy This ETF to Profit - Banyan Hill Publishing - November 30th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency crime surges, losses hit $4.4 billion by end-September: CipherTrace report - Reuters - November 28th, 2019
- More traditional investors are eyeing cryptocurrency to diversity their portfolios - Forkast News - November 28th, 2019
- Binance CEO: China has never been pro-Bitcoin or pro-cryptocurrency - AMBCrypto - November 28th, 2019
- Nearly $50 Million of Ether Swiped From South Korean Cryptocurrency Exchange - The Wall Street Journal - November 28th, 2019
- The Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin back on recovery track, Ripple and Ethereum follow the lead - FXStreet - November 28th, 2019
- What the Crypto Markets Are Saying About the Future of Bitcoin - Coindesk - November 28th, 2019
- Thailand: Cryptocurrency Law Will Change in 2020 to Stay Competitive - Cointelegraph - November 28th, 2019
- Navigating the Token Crypt: What Options Are Available For Investing Cryptocurrency? - Nasdaq - November 28th, 2019
- This Cryptocurrency Is Up 11310% in a Week. Legit Scam or Just Legit? - CCN.com - November 28th, 2019
- The Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin sits above $7,000 as the trading range is narrowing - FXStreet - November 28th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency policies must combat snake oil without stifling innovation - The Globe and Mail - November 28th, 2019
- Akon has started building Akon City in Senegal with focus on cryptocurrency and renewable energy - Evening Standard - November 28th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency steps closer to legalization in South Korea - CoinGeek - November 28th, 2019
- Dwight Schrute tells Bitcoin holders to give their worthless cryptocurrency to a non-profit - The Next Web - November 22nd, 2019
- VinDAX Is the Seventh Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked This Year: What Should Investors Be Considering? - Lexology - November 22nd, 2019
- Bitfinex Announces Strategic Collaboration with ODEM to Expand Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Education - PRNewswire - November 22nd, 2019
- How a seven-week Wharton course brings the study of cryptocurrency to the classroom - The Daily Pennsylvanian - November 22nd, 2019
- The cryptocurrency market update: Bitcoin bears have an upper hand - FXStreet - November 22nd, 2019
- Sacramento Kings Lead The Way For Sports In Cryptocurrency Solutions - Front Office Sports - November 22nd, 2019
- This week in Cryptocurrency - Born2Invest - November 22nd, 2019
- South African cryptocurrency exchanges will be having their bank accounts shut down - FXStreet - November 22nd, 2019
- PayPal CEO Holds Bitcoin and Only Bitcoin - Cointelegraph - November 22nd, 2019
- Cryptocurrency exchange that went dark with $16M in user funds only has $45k, report - The Next Web - November 20th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency market update: $5 billion wiped off as Bitcoin bears take a breather - FXStreet - November 20th, 2019
- The cryptocurrency market update: Bitcoin bears hit the pause button - FXStreet - November 20th, 2019
- This cryptocurrencys price just pumped 7,000%, but why? - Decrypt - November 20th, 2019
- Swedish gold-for-cryptocurrency scammer finally extradited to US - The Next Web - November 20th, 2019
- Binance US Adds Nano (NANO) as Its 26th Cryptocurrency - SludgeFeed - November 20th, 2019
- Is the IRS HODLing Out on Us? IRS Issues Additional Cryptocurrency Guidance Addressing Hard Forks, Soft Forks, and Airdrops - JD Supra - November 20th, 2019
- Maksim Zaslavskiy of the cryptocurrency Recoin was sentenced to 18 months in prison for lying to investors - Crain's New York Business - November 20th, 2019
- Cryptocurrencies | Category | Fox Business - November 1st, 2019
- Best cryptocurrency to Invest 2019 - The Complete Guide - November 1st, 2019
- Best Cryptocurrency to Invest 2019 Our Top 4 Picks - October 22nd, 2019
- Buy Cryptocurrency with Credit Card or Bank Transfer now ... - September 30th, 2019
- Best 10 Cryptocurrency Brokers - Updated for 2019 (Safe ... - September 30th, 2019
- Fidelity Said to Offer Cryptocurrency Trading Within a Few ... - May 10th, 2019
- Is This Cryptocurrency The Next Bitcoin? - forbes.com - April 28th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Definition | Bankrate.com - April 26th, 2019
- Samsung is developing its own blockchain network, report claims - April 26th, 2019
- 2019s best cryptocurrency wallets | 70+ compared | finder.com - April 26th, 2019
- What is cryptocurrency? - Definition from WhatIs.com - April 25th, 2019
- A Beginner's Guide to Cryptocoin Mining: What You Need to ... - April 25th, 2019
- How Cryptocurrency Assets Are Becoming A New Battleground In ... - April 21st, 2019
- What is Cryptocurrency: Cryptocurrency Explained the Easy Way - April 13th, 2019
- How to trade cryptocurrency in the UK - finance.yahoo.com - April 8th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Trading | TD Ameritrade - April 8th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Prices, Charts, and Market Cap Data - UNHASHED - April 8th, 2019
- Blow To Bitcoin As World's Largest Cryptocurrency IPO Is Iced - April 2nd, 2019
- How and where do I report Cryptocurrency coin-to-coin ... - March 22nd, 2019
- Hundreds of Millions in Cryptocurrency Vanishes After ... - March 11th, 2019
- Fidelity's new cryptocurrency company is up and running ... - March 9th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Says It Can't Access $190 Million ... - February 5th, 2019
- What's the Best Cryptocurrency to Invest in Today? - January 9th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Trading Easy tips to get started | AvaTrade - January 9th, 2019
- Thailand Issues 4 Cryptocurrency Licenses, Rejects 2 ... - January 9th, 2019
- NASDAQ, Fidelity Invest in New Cryptocurrency Exchange ... - January 9th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News | Cryptocurrency News | Blockchain ... - January 9th, 2019
- Differences Between Cryptocurrency Coins and Tokens - January 9th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Charts - January 8th, 2019