March 4 2020 @ 13:42 by Steven Hugill
Having swapped the rolling Tynedale hills for the ever-shifting Dubai dunes more than two decades ago, James Hares thoughts have once again turned to home.
Not necessarily his old abode, but the fact that the UK has almost two million people registered as waiting to find a home and a Government facing up to a severe lack of social housing.
The least anyone living in a country as rich as the UK deserves is a place to live, said James, who has more than 20 years experience in property development, private equity and operating in international markets.
To come anywhere near addressing the current housing shortage, the Government must build over three million homes over the next 20 years, and even that doesnt help the people who are desperately in need of homes now.
I dont think Im alone in thinking that to get anywhere near this target, a radical re-think of the way affordable and social housing is currently being delivered is required.
And this is where BRIKCOIN comes in.
James developed BRIKCOIN to offer investors access to an easy in/easy out high-growth UK property investment, with no fees, no commissions and secured by ownership of the properties themselves.
We are developers, said James.
Our aim is to turn a profit and investors are no different. But this business model enables us to do that as well as act as a catalyst for a social housing rebirth, helping improve the quality of peoples lives by creating safe, healthy and sustainable communities.
BRIKCOIN is the first decentralised blockchain application dedicated to delivering 100 per cent genuinely affordable and social housing in the UK.
The business last year issued one billion tokens to potential investors on its platform and was released on global cryptocurrency exchanges on February 29.
It has become more than a business venture for James. Having worked for 20 years in the worlds of international finance and development, he backs the BRIKCOIN concept to not only stimulate housebuilding across the UK, but also revolutionise current investment models, making them quicker, simpler and more transparent.
Dubai may now be home, but James hails from a Tynedale family.
His father Rad is a councillor and served twice as town Mayor. The Hare family spent James early years in Nigeria, before returning to Northumberland, where he attended Mowden Hall School, in Stocksfield.
My first full-time job was in banking and finance in Dubai. I received an offer and travelled over on my own in 1997, to a place very different to what it is now.
I wanted the adventure of living and working abroad while building my own career, said James.
When Dubais freehold property market opened up, I structured project finance for residential and commercial projects, working with both international and regional banks. These were first of their kind structures for this region, where I was securing senior debt funding for foreign-owned development companies.
Based in Dubai for 22 years, James has developed affordable residential schemes, exclusive villa collections and commercial office towers in London, Dubai and Colorado, USA. His knowledge of structuring, recapitalising and driving projects to completion led him to creating his current vision and to the launch of BRIKCOIN.
Cryptocurrency represents a world of opportunity for investors, but we recognise that were going to have to overcome some misconceptions, mainly due to high-profile Bitcoin scams a few years ago, adds James.
Those were a lifetime ago in terms of the speed that technology is moving, but its what comes to mind for some when they think crypto.
However, many of the worlds largest companies are now integrating the blockchain into investment models and its advancement and adoption is moving far quicker than the internet 20 years ago.
BRIKCOIN utilises crypto as a new form of shares, but with the significant efficiencies the blockchain offers its fast, transparent, cost effective and liquid.
James said: We are matching future tech to accepted understanding of land and property.
BRIKCOIN is a second-generation crypto and has been established as a company built on solid ground with a highly experienced team driving itour ultimate aim is to be the UKs top community-focused affordable housing developer.
So, how will BRIKCOIN deliver the bricks and mortar to solve the UK housing crisis?
The model is relatively simple: the sale of BRIKCOIN will fund affordable housing schemes across the UK, working in partnership with local authorities.
BRIKCOIN retains ownership of, and management responsibility for, the properties, building a portfolio and increasing the token value.
Long lease guarantees from the local authority are then sold to financial institutions, such as the pension funds, with BRIKCOIN benefiting from a competitive profit.
BRIKCOIN will also generate revenues from fees associated with property development and facilities management.
James added: We believe everyone should have a home safe, clean and secure, a place to grow and live a happy and healthy life with your family. Thriving communities are our focus and our future.
BRIKCOIN will help address the UK housing crisis by delivering 100 per cent genuinely affordable housing.
And with the long lease agreements, everyone living in a BRIKCOIN home will have a home for life.
And the best bit? Through covenant, every propertywe build will remain affordable forever.
- As Bitcoin Flounders, This Tiny Cryptocurrency Has Soared Over 200%Heres Why - Forbes - May 23rd, 2020
- What to Know About Billions' Cryptocurrency Drama If You Know Nothing About Cryptocurrency - Vulture - May 23rd, 2020
- Tether, the most promising stable coin, now the third most valuable cryptocurrency - Nairametrics - May 23rd, 2020
- Taxation on the Cryptocurrency - Live Bitcoin News - May 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Worth $282K from the 2016 Bitfinex Hack on the Move - Bitcoin News - May 23rd, 2020
- A detailed overview of Cryptocurrency Market [PDF] with innovation in technology, various aspects of the industry players, regions, types, and... - May 23rd, 2020
- Why Have Cryptocurrency Payments Failed to Take Off So Far? - Cointelegraph - May 22nd, 2020
- Cryptocurrency and COVID-19: Bitcoins Path to a Safe Haven - Cointelegraph - May 22nd, 2020
- Analysis on Impact of COVID-19- Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market 2020-2024 | Rising Popularity Of Mining Pools to Boost Growth | Technavio -... - May 22nd, 2020
- Top Cryptocurrency Trading Bots 2020 - Conquer The World - KryptoMoney - May 22nd, 2020
- Crypto hedge funds struggle to recover from bloodbath - Financial Times - May 22nd, 2020
- Bitcoins prices slip amid speculation that a block of the cryptocurrency possibly linked to creator Satoshi Nakamoto just changed hands - MarketWatch - May 20th, 2020
- Is 2020 the year to invest in cryptocurrency? - About Manchester - May 20th, 2020
- Ripple, third most valuable cryptocurrency, gets approval from the US for money transfers - Nairametrics - May 20th, 2020
- PODCAST | Why is Africa the most promising region for cryptocurrency? - Business Day - May 20th, 2020
- Learn how to invest in the stock market and cryptocurrency - New York Post - May 20th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact ON Cryptocurrency Exchanges Market: Size, Market Analysis, Application, Growth Drivers, Trends, status and Research Report by 2025 -... - May 20th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market 2020 Size & Share Outlook with COVID-19 Impact Analysis and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 20th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Receiving Massive Favor Amidst Inflation - Move Your Money - May 20th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market 2020 Global Overview, Growth, Size, Opportunities, Trends, Leading Company Analysis and Forecast to 2026 - Cole... - May 20th, 2020
- Telegram shuts down its cryptocurrency operation - The Verge - May 18th, 2020
- The Global Digital Asset & Cryptocurrency Association in Chicago wants to be the one to regulate digital currencies - Crain's Chicago Business - May 15th, 2020
- Bitcoin halving Q&A: what it's all about and what it means for the cryptocurrency - The Conversation US - May 15th, 2020
- This Minor Cryptocurrency Is On Track To Smash Bitcoin In 2020 - Forbes - May 15th, 2020
- FATF: How Will the Guidelines Affect Canadas Crypto Industry? - Finance Magnates - May 15th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency market update: Donald Trump will send Bitcoin to the moon - FXStreet - May 15th, 2020
- Bitcoin and cryptocurrency markets: Where next? - FXStreet - May 15th, 2020
- Thailand Sticks by its Cryptocurrency Commitment - The Phuket News - May 15th, 2020
- Man charged over cryptocurrency investment fraud - The Star Online - May 15th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market News: Bitcoin in tactical retreat to $9,600 before another jump to $10,000 - FXStreet - May 15th, 2020
- No way around it: the irreparable damage cryptocurrency does to the environment - Green Prophet - May 15th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market News: Bitcoin fails to hit 10K but could make another push - FXStreet - May 15th, 2020
- Teen Hackers Accused of Cryptocurrency Theft, Sued For $71 Mn - CISO MAG - May 11th, 2020
- Paul Tudor Jones calls bitcoin a 'great speculation,' says he has almost 2% of his assets in it - CNBC - May 11th, 2020
- Coinbase CEO Says New Cryptocurrency Bill Would Have Major Impact on Future of Finance - The Daily Hodl - May 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bloodbath as Bitcoin nosedives to $8,000, Ethereum $180 and Ripple $0.1780 - FXStreet - May 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market Growth by Top Companies, Trends by Types and Application, Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 11th, 2020
- The IRS Wants to Know About Your Cryptocurrency Transactions - Interesting Engineering - May 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin's halving might see a large influx of investors wanting a piece of the cryptocurrency market - Mashable SE Asia - May 11th, 2020
- Investors Who Bought iMining Blockchain and Cryptocurrency (CVE:IMIN) Shares A Year Ago Are Now Up 56% - Simply Wall St - May 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple have a bullish start to Saturday, following Fridays drop - FXStreet - May 11th, 2020
- What is a cryptocurrency and why is it needed? - AMBCrypto English - May 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Litecoin dipped to 12% - The Times Hub - May 11th, 2020
- Hong Kong Cryptocurrency Platform Crypto.com Announces New $100 Million Insurance Policy Led By Arch Underwriting That Extends Total Coverage to $360... - May 11th, 2020
- Verady Unveils Ledgible Accounting Partnerships With Blockchain.Com and Algorand - AiThority - May 7th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin leaves behind Ethereum and Ripple in the dust as bulls start consolidating their positions pre-halving -... - May 7th, 2020
- 7 Explosive Cryptocurrencies to Buy for the Bitcoin Halvening - InvestorPlace - May 7th, 2020
- Talking Crypto: Learn to really understand the world of cryptocurrency - Financial Post - May 5th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency This Week: Crypto Exchanges Seeks GST Clarification From RBI & More - Inc42 Media - May 5th, 2020
- Google Profits off Impersonations of Banned Cryptocurrency Celebs and Companies - Bitcoin News - May 5th, 2020
- Andreessen Horowitz Creates Second Cryptocurrency Fund With $515M Investment - Benzinga - May 5th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency And Blockchain Technology Market to Observe Strong Development by 2022 - Kentucky Journal 24 - May 5th, 2020
- Bitcoin Accounts For 78% Of The Cryptocurrency Derivatives Market In Q1 2020, Study Finds - CryptoPotato - May 5th, 2020
- MyCryptoMixer 2020 - The Best Bitcoin Mixer Necessary To Protect User's Anonymity and Privacy | Press release - Bitcoin News - May 5th, 2020
- TenX Debit Card Allows Spending Crypto as Cash - Move Your Money - May 5th, 2020
- Cryptocurrencies are gaining major traction as global economy shrinks - IOL - May 5th, 2020
- Total Cryptocurrency Market Cap Adds $20 Billion In Less Than 24 Hours - newsBTC - April 29th, 2020
- US Congress Considering More Than Two Dozen Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Proposals - The Daily Hodl - April 29th, 2020
- Congress Has Now Introduced 32 Crypto And Blockchain Bills - Forbes - April 29th, 2020
- Did This Norwegian Multimillionaire Invent a Cryptocurrency Ransom to Cover Up the Murder of His Wife? - Vanity Fair - April 29th, 2020
- Drawbacks of Cryptocurrency Exchanges - How Non-Custodial Services Are the Solution | Sponsored - Bitcoin News - April 29th, 2020
- Circuit Breakers Could Be Coming to CryptoBut Will they Be Effective? - Finance Magnates - April 29th, 2020
- North Koreas Alleged $670M Cryptocurrency Stash in Question Amid Rumors of Kim Jong-Uns Death - BeInCrypto - April 29th, 2020
- Tips to Understand Cryptocurrency and White Paper - Crypto Daily - April 29th, 2020
- Ethereum Near Levels That Sent Price 25% Down in 2019 - newsBTC - April 29th, 2020
- $8.8 Trillion Traded in Cryptocurrency Spot and Futures Markets in Q1: Reports | Markets and Prices Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - April 29th, 2020
- Things You Should Be Aware Of Behind the Cryptocurrency And 5G Covid-19 Plot - The Coin Republic - April 29th, 2020
- New cryptocurrency 'CRO' to list on CoinDCX crypto exchange, to be traded in two pairs - CNBCTV18 - April 29th, 2020
- Binance-backed Cryptocurrency Derivatives Exchange FTX to Launch Spot Trading in the US - Crowdfund Insider - April 29th, 2020
- Some US Citizens Look to Be Splashing Their Stimulus Cash on Cryptocurrency - CoinDesk - April 24th, 2020
- There's Cryptocurrency Twist in Crazy 5G COVID-19 Conspiracy - U.Today - April 24th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency predictions: what coins to choose in 2020? - Capital.com - April 24th, 2020
- This is what happens to cryptocurrency paid out in sextortion campaigns - ZDNet - April 24th, 2020
- This AI-focused cryptocurrency is up 300%, but on-chain fundamentals spell trouble - CryptoSlate - April 24th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin. Ethereum and Ripple in total lockdown as consolidation takes over - FXStreet - April 24th, 2020
- Tether Surpasses XRP to Become the Third-Largest Cryptocurrency - newsBTC - April 24th, 2020
- TaxBit Simplifies Cryptocurrency Taxes with Innovative Reporting and Audit Tools - BTCMANAGER - April 24th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Price Analysis: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, and ChainLink Where Are They Heading? - Coingape - April 24th, 2020
- Is Chinas National Cryptocurrency The Beginning Of A New Financial Era? - The Coin Republic - April 24th, 2020
- Ripple Executive Says Institutional Trading Boosting XRP Behind the Scenes, With Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitso Taking the Lead - The Daily Hodl - April 24th, 2020