by Mary Ann Callahan
If you are here, then you have probably grown curious enough to find out more about the next big investment opportunity everyone has been screaming about. Techies call cryptocurrency the money of the future or digital gold, and skeptics refer to it as a bubble that will burst anytime soon or the biggest digital scam ever.
Needless to say, beyond the initial noise that surrounded the global rise of cryptocurrencies, there seems to be a growing interest and increasing curiosity about the potentials of these digital coins. New investors are attracted by the fact that cryptocurrency has managed to turn many who have been bold enough to put in their money into billionaires. This has raised a nagging question of what cryptocurrency is and what exactly you need to know before investing.
In clear and simple terms, cryptocurrency refers to digital money. Now, there are a lot of technical jargon and complex explanations that will be thrown at you if you seek a deeper knowledge into the origin and how crypto coins came to be.
So, well skip the part about the technology behind it and simply state that the first cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin was the product of Satoshi Nakamotos attempt to create a peer-to-peer electronic cash system. A genius creation, all the same, functions on blockchain technology and is completely decentralized, which means it is independent of banks, governments, and other institutions. Cryptocurrencies are also independent of any form of physical asset backing.
To buy or sell Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency, you need to sign up for an exchange platform and begin trading. There are a number of options available to you if you decide to get in on the trade with cryptocurrency, be the market leader Bitcoin or any prominent altcoin. Still, each coin has its own specific value and dynamics, which you must understand before investing.
Asides the obvious fact that Bitcoin and other digital coins are hugely profitable, there are a lot of advantages that you stand to benefit from in buying cryptocurrencies over holding traditional assets and physical cash.
Stability: many people have probably told you about the highly volatile nature of cryptocurrencies, how they can be sky-high today and plummet to a disappointing low tomorrow. To be fair, they are right in their assessment, and its a known fact that digital coins are quite volatile. But, in the long run, having cryptocurrencies as a global store of value offers an advantage to people who live in regions with less monetary and political stability. The fact that cryptocurrencies are decentralized means the value of your investment is independent of the political and economic situation of any country. It is a world currency of some sort, and its value is universal, making it an excellent choice for investors whose traditional currency is quite unstable.
Anonymity: cryptocurrency offers a way to carry out transactions without leaving any digital or physical footprint. Transactions with digital coins are encrypted, which is the direct opposite of what operates with normal cash or credit card transactions. This eliminates the risk of frauds in form of counterfeit cheques and other illegalities that commonly plague regular transactions, as well as security challenges such as hacks, which can lead to huge losses.
Universally acceptable: as mentioned earlier, a decentralized system independent of political control means cryptocurrencies can be used globally without restrictions. Thus you can buy cryptocurrencies and hold them no matter where you are as long as you have access to the internet. With a global increase in the general acceptability of Bitcoin, some even foresee its potential to replace regular money in the near future and become a much more global form of exchange. However, this also leads to governments paying more attention to cryptocurrency regulation.
The answer to that question depends pretty much on your own view. Undeniable is the fact that cryptocurrencies are great investment options with huge potential for returns on investment. But whether you gain or lose when buying and selling digital coins depends on various factors, just like every other profitable business out there. The volatility of the coin makes it a lot easier to make huge profits but equally makes losing all your investment quite possible.
Trading cryptocurrencies and making profit from it isnt an automatic get-rich-quick scheme. There is a need to take your time to learn the process and understand how it works. Whether you decide to put your money in it at the end or not, should depend on your confidence in your ability to make it work more than anything else.
Follow this link:
What Every Investor Should Know Before Buying Cryptocurrency ...
- Crime And Punishment In The Cryptocurrency World - Forbes - February 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency in Focus: Ethereum Is on Fire - TheStreet - February 27th, 2020
- Warren Buffett says he will never own any cryptocurrency - Yahoo Finance - February 27th, 2020
- The Mystery of Warren Buffett's Missing Crypto is Solved - Cointelegraph - February 27th, 2020
- Hot or cold. Which cryptocurrency wallet is the best? - Toshi Times - February 27th, 2020
- Why 2020 is an important year for cryptocurrency exchange regulation - CryptoSlate - February 27th, 2020
- The Billion-Dollar Cryptocurrency Scams You've Never Heard About - OZY - February 27th, 2020
- JONES DAY TALKS: Hard Forks and Airdrops: The IRS Issues Cryptocurrency Tax Guidance - JD Supra - February 27th, 2020
- Raccoon malware targets massive range of browsers to steal your data and cryptocurrency - ZDNet - February 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency exchange operator ruled in breach of contract - The Straits Times - February 27th, 2020
- The Simpsons Just Gave Cryptocurrency Massive Mainstream Exposure - The Daily Hodl - February 27th, 2020
- Simpsons predicting the future again: Jim Parson of The Big Bang Theory explains what cryptocurrency actually is - The Independent - February 27th, 2020
- Manipulation, Hacks And System Errors Lead To Losses For Cryptocurrency Users And Exchanges - Technology - United States - Mondaq News Alerts - February 27th, 2020
- Analyst: Ripples XRP Could Fall by Another 25% Due to This Reason - newsBTC - February 27th, 2020
- How the IRS Audits Cryptocurrency Tax Returns - Filing Expert Shares Example, Insights on AML Focus - Bitcoin News - February 27th, 2020
- How Cryptocurrency Trading Has Evolved in Recent Years - Cointelegraph - February 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin touches $9,500 as $31 billion wiped off cryptocurrency markets - Yahoo Finance - February 23rd, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Hostility ousted as Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple make blissful moves - FXStreet - February 23rd, 2020
- Will Bitcoin Ever Be a Serious Alternative to Gold and Stocks? - The Motley Fool - February 23rd, 2020
- How This Cryptocurrency Platform Grew From Nothing to Top 5 Exchange Worth $1 Billion in 9 Months - newsBTC - February 23rd, 2020
- Top Cryptocurrency Analysts Say $100,000 Bitcoin Predictions Way Off Base Heres Where They Think BTC Will Land - The Daily Hodl - February 23rd, 2020
- Japan on the verge of national cryptocurrency? - Cryptopolitan - February 23rd, 2020
- The Fed's Cryptocurrency Head Fake | Opinion - Newsweek - February 23rd, 2020
- Why Venezuela's Oil Based Cryptocurrency Is Still Alive - OilPrice.com - February 23rd, 2020
- Top Analyst: Foul Play Pumped the Crypto Market by $66 Billion - newsBTC - February 23rd, 2020
- Russia to Ban Cryptocurrency as a Payment Method and Looking to De-anonymize All Crypto Users, Likely in Response to Accelerating Economic Weakness ... - February 23rd, 2020
- Swedens Central Bank To Begin Testing National Cryptocurrency - CryptoPotato - February 23rd, 2020
- How Cryptocurrency Favors Internet of Things (IoT) - HostReview.com - February 23rd, 2020
- Indicator That Signaled 4,593% Bitcoin (BTC) Rally Now Flashing But This Time Ethereum (ETH) Is the Coin to Watch, Says Crypto Analyst - The Daily... - February 23rd, 2020
- Ripple Battles XRP Scams, Launches Initiative to Combat Cryptocurrency Theft, Fake Giveaways and Financial Crimes - The Daily Hodl - February 23rd, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Price List - Top 20 Cryptocurrency Prices Today - February 9th, 2020
- How to buy Cryptocurrency - WorldCoinIndex - February 9th, 2020
- XRP Could Be Weeks Away from a Major Breakout Despite Overnight Rejection - newsBTC - February 9th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Ripple puts altcoins in the spotlight as NEO and Dash catch the pace - FXStreet - February 9th, 2020
- Draft Bill to Ban Encryption in the US Threatens Cryptocurrency Survival - Coingape - February 9th, 2020
- Ugandan Legislators Address the Role of Cryptocurrency in Pyramid Schemes - CryptoGlobe - February 9th, 2020
- Will MIT Transform Bitcoin (BTC)? New Tech Promises to Dramatically Boost Speed of Cryptocurrency - The Daily Hodl - February 9th, 2020
- Definition of a Cryptocurrency Fork; Why Are They Necessary? - Coin Idol - February 9th, 2020
- Three Reasons Why Bitcoin is Bearish, Explains Analyst - newsBTC - February 9th, 2020
- Keene Solidifies Position as Global Leader in Cryptocurrency Acceptance with Three More Businesses Onboard in January! - Free Keene - February 9th, 2020
- Wendy McElroy: The Narrative and Philosophy of Cryptocurrency - Bitcoin News - February 9th, 2020
- Samsung and Salesforce invest in cryptocurrency company - Decrypt - February 9th, 2020
- USA Is Looking Closely To Launching Its Own Cryptocurrency, According To Fed Governor Lael Brainard - CryptoPotato - February 9th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: The tug of war begins as Bitcoin and altcoins consolidate - FXStreet - February 9th, 2020
- As Bitcoin Fails To Break Out, This Minor Cryptocurrency Has Surged By 400% - Forbes - February 4th, 2020
- This is not cool: Elon Musk attacks Twitter over impersonators scamming bitcoin from followers - The Independent - February 4th, 2020
- CQG Partners with DVeX to Offer Front-End Platforms to New Cryptocurrency Exchange - PRNewswire - February 4th, 2020
- Bitcoin Hits Weekly Low as Fears of a $37M Dump Grow - newsBTC - February 4th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Taxes in the UK: What You Need to Know - Nasdaq - February 4th, 2020
- Bitcoin on Track for Best Q1 in Seven Years | Cryptocurrency News - Crypto Briefing - February 4th, 2020
- Why Are Governments Really Opposed to Cryptocurrencies? - Coingape - February 4th, 2020
- Bitcoin Could Fall Hard, This Textbook Indicator Shows - newsBTC - February 4th, 2020
- Will 2020 Be The Year Cryptocurrency And Blockchain Becomes Operational? - Forbes - February 1st, 2020
- This is the right amount of bitcoin to keep in an investment portfolio - CNBC - February 1st, 2020
- Top 5 Performing Cryptocurrency In Jan 2020: Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, Bitcoin SV are Among them - Coingape - February 1st, 2020
- XRP Q4 2019: Crypto traders had one shot to make 20% profit - The Next Web - February 1st, 2020
- Two types of cryptocurrency are now dominating the market - Decrypt - February 1st, 2020
- How does risk and reward work in cryptocurrency? - Coin Rivet - February 1st, 2020
- I took out a loan with cryptocurrency and didn't sign a thing - Mashable - February 1st, 2020
- Top 10 Most Read Cryptocurrency Whitepapers of 2019, Bitcoin Tops the Chart - Coin Idol - February 1st, 2020
- Singapore tightens AML restrictions on cryptocurrency companies - The Next Web - February 1st, 2020
- 2019 saw more cryptocurrency hacks than any other year - ZDNet - February 1st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Taxes in the UK: What You Need to Know - Bitcoin... - Bitcoin Magazine - February 1st, 2020
- Paris Saint-Germain Teams up With Cryptocurrency Exchange Platform CoinCasso - Bitcoin News - February 1st, 2020
- Banning Cryptocurrency - Economic and Political Weekly - February 1st, 2020
- Cambodia To Launch A National Cryptocurrency In The Coming Months Crypto.IQ | Bitcoin and Investment News from Inside Experts You Can Trust -... - February 1st, 2020
- 49,999,995 XRP Sent to Bitstamp Is This Cryptocurrency Giant Behind the Curtain? - The Daily Hodl - February 1st, 2020
- Stake Algorand and Cosmos on Binance.US | Cryptocurrency News - Crypto Briefing - February 1st, 2020
- XRP Trounces Bitcoin, Ethereum as Conjectured Best Performing Cryptocurrency of 2020 - NewsLogical - February 1st, 2020
- Research: Ether Was the Cryptocurrency Most Correlated to Other Coins in 2019 - Cointelegraph - January 27th, 2020
- Regulating Bitcoin: WEF2020 Announced A Global Consortium For Cryptocurrency Governance - CryptoPotato - January 27th, 2020
- This Top Cryptocurrency Got 51% Attacked. Yet, Its Up 19% And Its a Problem - newsBTC - January 27th, 2020
- It's tax season and the IRS wants to know about your crypto. How to prepare - CNBC - January 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin, Ripple and Ethereum dive into the rabbit holes - FXStreet - January 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency mining in Iran to boost economic conditions - Cryptopolitan - January 27th, 2020
- Creator of Cryptocurrency Price Tracking App Wins India PM Award - Altcoin Buzz - January 27th, 2020
- Alleged BTC-e boss will be extradited to France over cryptocurrency fraud - The Next Web - January 27th, 2020
- Price Analysis: Discovering the Top Cryptocurrency Market Performers This Week - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - January 27th, 2020
- Trend Micro creates honeypot to analyse security threats, gets subjected to ransomware & cryptocurrency mining - Economic Times - January 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Hackers Were More Active in 2019, but Were Less Successful - CryptoGlobe - January 27th, 2020