by Mary Ann Callahan
If you are here, then you have probably grown curious enough to find out more about the next big investment opportunity everyone has been screaming about. Techies call cryptocurrency the money of the future or digital gold, and skeptics refer to it as a bubble that will burst anytime soon or the biggest digital scam ever.
Needless to say, beyond the initial noise that surrounded the global rise of cryptocurrencies, there seems to be a growing interest and increasing curiosity about the potentials of these digital coins. New investors are attracted by the fact that cryptocurrency has managed to turn many who have been bold enough to put in their money into billionaires. This has raised a nagging question of what cryptocurrency is and what exactly you need to know before investing.
In clear and simple terms, cryptocurrency refers to digital money. Now, there are a lot of technical jargon and complex explanations that will be thrown at you if you seek a deeper knowledge into the origin and how crypto coins came to be.
So, well skip the part about the technology behind it and simply state that the first cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin was the product of Satoshi Nakamotos attempt to create a peer-to-peer electronic cash system. A genius creation, all the same, functions on blockchain technology and is completely decentralized, which means it is independent of banks, governments, and other institutions. Cryptocurrencies are also independent of any form of physical asset backing.
To buy or sell Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency, you need to sign up for an exchange platform and begin trading. There are a number of options available to you if you decide to get in on the trade with cryptocurrency, be the market leader Bitcoin or any prominent altcoin. Still, each coin has its own specific value and dynamics, which you must understand before investing.
Asides the obvious fact that Bitcoin and other digital coins are hugely profitable, there are a lot of advantages that you stand to benefit from in buying cryptocurrencies over holding traditional assets and physical cash.
Stability: many people have probably told you about the highly volatile nature of cryptocurrencies, how they can be sky-high today and plummet to a disappointing low tomorrow. To be fair, they are right in their assessment, and its a known fact that digital coins are quite volatile. But, in the long run, having cryptocurrencies as a global store of value offers an advantage to people who live in regions with less monetary and political stability. The fact that cryptocurrencies are decentralized means the value of your investment is independent of the political and economic situation of any country. It is a world currency of some sort, and its value is universal, making it an excellent choice for investors whose traditional currency is quite unstable.
Anonymity: cryptocurrency offers a way to carry out transactions without leaving any digital or physical footprint. Transactions with digital coins are encrypted, which is the direct opposite of what operates with normal cash or credit card transactions. This eliminates the risk of frauds in form of counterfeit cheques and other illegalities that commonly plague regular transactions, as well as security challenges such as hacks, which can lead to huge losses.
Universally acceptable: as mentioned earlier, a decentralized system independent of political control means cryptocurrencies can be used globally without restrictions. Thus you can buy cryptocurrencies and hold them no matter where you are as long as you have access to the internet. With a global increase in the general acceptability of Bitcoin, some even foresee its potential to replace regular money in the near future and become a much more global form of exchange. However, this also leads to governments paying more attention to cryptocurrency regulation.
The answer to that question depends pretty much on your own view. Undeniable is the fact that cryptocurrencies are great investment options with huge potential for returns on investment. But whether you gain or lose when buying and selling digital coins depends on various factors, just like every other profitable business out there. The volatility of the coin makes it a lot easier to make huge profits but equally makes losing all your investment quite possible.
Trading cryptocurrencies and making profit from it isnt an automatic get-rich-quick scheme. There is a need to take your time to learn the process and understand how it works. Whether you decide to put your money in it at the end or not, should depend on your confidence in your ability to make it work more than anything else.
Follow this link:
What Every Investor Should Know Before Buying Cryptocurrency ...
- Research: Ether Was the Cryptocurrency Most Correlated to Other Coins in 2019 - Cointelegraph - January 27th, 2020
- Regulating Bitcoin: WEF2020 Announced A Global Consortium For Cryptocurrency Governance - CryptoPotato - January 27th, 2020
- This Top Cryptocurrency Got 51% Attacked. Yet, Its Up 19% And Its a Problem - newsBTC - January 27th, 2020
- It's tax season and the IRS wants to know about your crypto. How to prepare - CNBC - January 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin, Ripple and Ethereum dive into the rabbit holes - FXStreet - January 27th, 2020
- Coinbase Set to Pass $8,400,000,000 Bitcoin Milestone, Outperforming All Cryptocurrency Exchanges With Highest Amount of BTC - The Daily Hodl - January 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency mining in Iran to boost economic conditions - Cryptopolitan - January 27th, 2020
- Creator of Cryptocurrency Price Tracking App Wins India PM Award - Altcoin Buzz - January 27th, 2020
- Alleged BTC-e boss will be extradited to France over cryptocurrency fraud - The Next Web - January 27th, 2020
- Price Analysis: Discovering the Top Cryptocurrency Market Performers This Week - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - January 27th, 2020
- Trend Micro creates honeypot to analyse security threats, gets subjected to ransomware & cryptocurrency mining - Economic Times - January 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Hackers Were More Active in 2019, but Were Less Successful - CryptoGlobe - January 27th, 2020
- Bank of England to consider adopting cryptocurrency - The Guardian - January 22nd, 2020
- Crypto Tidbits: Bitcoin Hits $9,000, Institutional Cryptocurrency Investment Spikes, NBA Team Uses Ethereum - newsBTC - January 22nd, 2020
- How Cybercriminals Are Converting Cryptocurrency to Cash - BankInfoSecurity.com - January 22nd, 2020
- UK offers $130K for software that can trace Bitcoin, Ethereum, and (hopefully) Monero - The Next Web - January 22nd, 2020
- Hackers have got their hands on $11 billion in stolen cryptocurrency since 2011 - SmartCompany.com.au - January 22nd, 2020
- Thailand launches probe into $2.46M cryptocurrency pyramid scam - The Next Web - January 22nd, 2020
- Moonday Mornings: Its 2020 and the OneCoin scam is still alive - The Next Web - January 22nd, 2020
- $140,600,000 in Bitcoin (BTC) Exits Cryptocurrency Exchange As Whale Moves $6,320,422 in XRP - The Daily Hodl - January 22nd, 2020
- Cryptocurrency No longer banned in India? - The Coin Republic - January 22nd, 2020
- Akons AKOIN Cryptocurrency City White Paper to be Live by February 2020 - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - January 22nd, 2020
- BTC/USD: Will 2020 Bring Clear Vision to the Oldest Cryptocurrency? - FXStreet - January 16th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Two-day recovery on the rocks as Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple trim gains - FXStreet - January 16th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin bulls hit the pause button, altcoins follow the lead - FXStreet - January 16th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency billionaire funds SF-wide web of cameras to help fight crime - KRON4 - January 16th, 2020
- North Korea is Holding a Secretive Cryptocurrency Conference, and Experts Warn it's a Very Bad Idea to Attend - Newsweek - January 16th, 2020
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP/USD capitalizes on the global cryptocurrency bulls' run - FXStreet - January 16th, 2020
- Bitcoin rises as cryptocurrency has its best January since 2012 - SiliconANGLE News - January 16th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency and Remittance: The Case of Mexico - Crypto Education - Altcoin Buzz - January 16th, 2020
- Ethereum (ETH) - Based Cryptocurrency Tested By The Reserve Bank of Australia as Payment Tool - U.Today - January 16th, 2020
- $1.4B in illicit Bitcoin was laundered via Binance and Huobi last year, report says - The Next Web - January 16th, 2020
- How to minimize the cryptocurrency tax burden this tax season - Canadian Lawyer Magazine - January 16th, 2020
- The future of cryptocurrency - Lexology - January 13th, 2020
- Analyst: Bitcoin Will Skyrocket to $100,000 in 24 Months and Theres Nothing You Can Do About It - CCN.com - January 13th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Slowly Recovers as Buyers Fail to Emerge - Coin Idol - January 13th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Has Earned Its Place as a Safe Haven - Investorplace.com - January 13th, 2020
- eToro CEO On Bitcoin Dominance in the Cryptocurrency Market - The Coin Republic - January 13th, 2020
- Moonday Mornings: Ethereum dev released on $1M bail over North Korea case - The Next Web - January 13th, 2020
- As Bitcoin Struggles, This Minor Cryptocurrency Is Up Almost 500% Over The Past 12 Months - Forbes - January 12th, 2020
- What to expect from cryptocurrency legislation in 2020 - Yahoo Finance - January 12th, 2020
- South Korea Moves Toward Institutional Acceptance of Cryptocurrency - Nasdaq - January 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Cap May Surge 37%. But There's One 'If' - U.Today - January 12th, 2020
- Financial Services Agency to limit leverage in cryptocurrency margin trading to twice the deposits made by traders - The Japan Times - January 12th, 2020
- Naive IoT botnet wastes its time mining cryptocurrency - ZDNet - January 12th, 2020
- Directors of bogus Ugandan cryptocurrency startup charged after 4,000 investor complaints - The Next Web - January 12th, 2020
- Can digital gold Bitcoin ever be mined in India? - ETCIO.com - January 12th, 2020
- 321 Cryptocurrency Whales Control Staggering Amounts of Bitcoin, Ethereum And Litecoin - The Daily Hodl - January 12th, 2020
- Why the Worlds Most Used Cryptocurrency isnt Bitcoin - NewsLogical - January 12th, 2020
- South Korea Works to Bring Cryptocurrency Into the Mainstream - The Diplomat - January 5th, 2020
- Most Significant Hacks of 2019 New Record of Twelve in One Year - Cointelegraph - January 5th, 2020
- Why a Technical Analyst Believes Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Will Surge by 80% - newsBTC - January 5th, 2020
- Why Analysts Are Bullish On Cryptocurrency As Bitcoin Turns 11 - Ethereum World News - January 5th, 2020
- Bitcoin is on the Cusp of a Major Price Movement - Crypto Briefing - January 5th, 2020
- 7 Big Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Predictions for 2020 - The Daily Hodl - January 5th, 2020
- China and Russia begin testing cryptocurrency - Born2Invest - January 5th, 2020
- Ethereum Foundation is an opaque Swiss foundation related to cryptocurrency - AMBCrypto - January 5th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency in Arab World: Clock is Ticking, But Pace is Slow - Finance Magnates - January 5th, 2020
- National Governments Around The Globe Look To Embrace Blockchain - Forbes - January 5th, 2020
- Chinas Dichotomy Between Cryptocurrency And Blockchain - Forbes - December 31st, 2019
- What Is a Cryptocurrency? We Need Clearer Definitions - Coindesk - December 31st, 2019
- Ian Balina, The Controversial Face Of Cryptocurrency - Nasdaq - December 31st, 2019
- Cryptocurrency This Week: YouTube Removes Crypto Videos; Russia Bomb Threats Over A Bitcoin Fraud And More - Inc42 Media - December 31st, 2019
- How To Really Help Free North Koreans Through Crypto - Forbes - December 31st, 2019
- The Dividing of Bitcoin to shake markets of cryptocurrency - Market Research Sheets - December 28th, 2019
- The $3 Bilion Bitcoin Dump Isnt Going to Happen - newsBTC - December 27th, 2019
- Googles YouTube Goes To War With Bitcoin And Crypto - Forbes - December 26th, 2019
- Top five cryptocurrency guides of 2019 - Yahoo Finance - December 26th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency is a tool for speculation not an investment - The Globe and Mail - December 26th, 2019
- Rakuten Wallet Will Allow Users to Convert Their Loyalty Points to Cryptocurrency - CryptoVibes - December 26th, 2019
- Top China Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Headlines of 2019 - Crowdfund Insider - December 26th, 2019
- How to Make Money with Cryptocurrency: Beginner's Guide 2019 - December 24th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Market News - Bitcoin and Altcoins News - December 24th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency For Beginners - CryptoCurrency Facts - December 24th, 2019
- Crypto Legislation 2020: Analysis Of 21 Cryptocurrency And Blockchain Bills In Congress - Forbes - December 24th, 2019
- This Trader Sees No Value in Ripple and Its Cryptocurrency XRP - newsBTC - December 24th, 2019
- Why XRP Isnt Surging in Tandem With Rest of the Cryptocurrency Market - newsBTC - December 24th, 2019
- Hackers steal $480,000 worth of NULS cryptocurrency from its dev team - The Next Web - December 24th, 2019
- How VeChain Cryptocurrency Was Able to Track and Freeze $6.1M of Stolen Funds - newsBTC - December 24th, 2019
- This bizarre anime cryptocurrency is now ranked 12 in the world - Decrypt - December 24th, 2019