All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
Buildots, a construction digital twin company, garnered a $30 million series B round led by Lightspeed Ventures, bringing its total investment to $46 million. Buildots will use the new funds to double the size of its global team, focusing on sales and R&D to expand its digital twins efforts, which use process mining techniques to improve outcomes as construction trades go digital.
The new funding will support our ambitious growth plans for 2021-2022, including extending our existing sales team and opening new territories, Buildots cofounder and CEO Roy Danon told VentureBeat.
It will also support additional enhancements to the product, such as supporting more project workflows, integrations with other ecosystem players, and [fine-tuning] our AI to provide more critical insights to our clients, he continued.
Buildots has early customers in 13 different countries, including Build Group in California and Washington state, MBN in Germany, Gammon in Hong Kong, and Wates in the U.K. Previous investors include TLV Partners, Future Energy Ventures, and Tidhar Construction Group.
While other companies focus on the design or presentation of 3D construction data, Buildots specializes in operationalizing it. Buildots has concentrated on the gap between existing tools for design, scheduling, document management, and process controls that provide visibility into whats happening on construction sites. The company focuses on higher-frequency updates and greater detail.
Founded in 2018, Buildots aims to improve the user experience for workers and managers. Its special sauce lies in streamlining and automating the reality capture process using hardhat-mounted 360-degree cameras.
The Buildots tools bring process mining techniques to construction projects. The software is able to track the exact process by which construction projects are built for the first time, Danon said. Connecting these process models with the original design and schedule information is intended to help managers learn more about bottlenecks in their existing processes and how to get them right the first time.
In the background, Buildots AI algorithm double-checks new work against the plan, tracks progress, and updates an as-built digital twin model. The granularity of information in Buildots enables teams to drill down on any issue found on-site and take immediate actions to keep the project on budget and on schedule.
A projects current state is captured on an ongoing basis through cameras while teams make incremental changes. Proprietary AI and computer vision algorithms fuse this data with the latest design and scheduling plans and update the platforms internal digital twin.
For example, one European company using Buildots discovered that its concrete finishing team was proceeding much more slowly than the partition building team. This created a bottleneck for the construction of new floors.
The Buildots application alerted managers to the problem. Then it helped them formulate a new plan that diverted workers away from building partitions to finishing the concrete, which reduced delays for everyone.
The platform can also identify quality gaps between the plan and what was actually built. It is common for humans to miss some elements when manually comparing building documents to what they see.
Manual tracking processes tend to be infrequent; have low granularity; and rely on peoples objectivity, skill, and attention to detail. Once such processes are automated, teams capture details more frequently, which reduces the delays in resolving problems. It is also possible to drill down into construction progress at the level of an individual socket and its different stages of installation.
For example, the two images below show a 3D model of the plan on the right and a white outline where the application detected a missing outlet.
While this isnt a huge deal for any given outlet, on the average project, we spot a missing element for every 50 to 100 square meters, Danon said. Averting hundreds of those issues can lead to a substantial efficiency improvement.
Above: Here, software detected an overlooked power outlet requirement.
Image Credit: Buildots
The focus on updating and auditing the data trail across the lifecycle of a project is another key feature. Existing market solutions such as PlanGrid, Procore, and others have already paved the way for construction teams now using mobile apps on the construction site. Todays engineers and managers are generally comfortable using iPads or web applications in their day-to-day work.
But all these tools require someone to enter data manually. In contrast, Buildotsapproach to digital twins automates this process and connects the data to an audit trail woven into AI models. This transparency allows construction teams to understand how conclusions about a particular project scheduling problem were reached.
We have built our platform with the principle of transparent AI, meaning that every conclusion the system makes can be drilled down into so that construction managers can develop trust with their new virtual team members, Danon said.
Read more here:
- Now Isnt the Time to Give Users Control of Their Data - WIRED - November 25th, 2021
- What is The Role of Chief Data Officers (CDOs) - TechFunnel - November 25th, 2021
- Top 10 AI Jobs Available in Government Agencies Across the World - Analytics Insight - November 25th, 2021
- The Crucial Role Of Wild Horses In Bitcoin Mining - Bitcoin Magazine - November 25th, 2021
- Sprout Health Solutions Presents Data on Social Media Listening and the Patient Experience at ISPOR EU 2021 - PRNewswire - November 25th, 2021
- Allorion Debuts with $40 Million to Enhance and Discover Precision Targets - BioSpace - November 25th, 2021
- Needed: Discoveries to feed green economy - www.mining-journal.com - November 25th, 2021
- Lore has it that there's a lull leading up to Santa Claus rallies here's what the statistics show - MarketWatch - November 25th, 2021
- Who Says AI Is Not For Women? Here Are 6 Women Leading AI Field In India - SheThePeople - November 25th, 2021
- No-Code Analytics The Best Introduction to Data Science - Analytics Insight - November 25th, 2021
- Manchin and Cortez Masto kill chances of reforming outdated hardrock mining law - Grist - November 25th, 2021
- Seeing the Future: How to Use Predictive Analytics in Your Business - Silicon UK - November 25th, 2021
- Bullish: Analysts Just Made A Significant Upgrade To Their Evolution Mining Limited (ASX:EVN) Forecasts - Simply Wall St - November 25th, 2021
- New legal framework evolving on tech, internet; data protection bill step towards that: MoS IT - ETCIO.com - November 25th, 2021
- Data-Mining to Serve Your Patient, Your Team and Your Business Better - InvisionMag - November 13th, 2021
- 3 Reasons to Buy Palantir, And 1 Reason To Sell - The Motley Fool - November 13th, 2021
- Top Pros and Cons of AI in Cloud Computing for You to Know - Analytics Insight - November 13th, 2021
- Neural Network Software Market Research Report by Component, by Type, by Vertical, by Region - Global Forecast to 2026 - Cumulative Impact of COVID-19... - November 13th, 2021
- Southern Cities Rank High on List of Places With Highest Rates of Car Accidents - Insurance Journal - November 13th, 2021
- Comets Find Right Ingredients, Win Business Hall of Fame Scholarships - University of Texas at Dallas - November 13th, 2021
- Letter: Insurance industry is exploitative - The Columbian - November 13th, 2021
- To Give Away your Life Savings, Press One - Global Banking And Finance Review - November 13th, 2021
- SOS Reports Progress on the Construction of Its North American Super-Computing and Hosting Center - PRNewswire - November 13th, 2021
- These 4 Measures Indicate That Hut 8 Mining (TSE:HUT) Is Using Debt Reasonably Well - Simply Wall St - November 13th, 2021
- AdGuard is an ad blocker, a VPN and a security app in one -- and this deal makes it a steal! - Cult of Mac - November 13th, 2021
- Reduced Data Accuracy Helps Save Energy Tampere University, Finland, Is Coordinating a Project That Trains Young Scientists From Around the World to... - November 13th, 2021
- Data Mining Tools Market increasing demand with Industry Professionals: IBM, SAS Institute, Oracle The Host - The Host - November 1st, 2021
- COVID19 patient diagnosis and treatment data mining algorithm based on association rules - Wiley - November 1st, 2021
- Data Mining Software Market 2021 Detailed Analysis of top Ventures with Regional Outlook | Key Companies: IBM, RapidMiner, GMDH, SAS Institute,... - November 1st, 2021
- Top Roles and Skills needed to build a Data Science Team - APN News - November 1st, 2021
- Here are the 14 most important pieces of surveillance technology that make up the US 'digital border wall,' according to immigrant-rights groups -... - November 1st, 2021
- Data Preprocessing in Data Mining - GeeksforGeeks - October 28th, 2021
- Miners Are The Optimal Buyers: The Data Behind Bitcoin-Led Decarbonization In Texas - Bitcoin Magazine - October 28th, 2021
- The Benefits of Data Analytics in Clinical Reporting - Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiology - October 28th, 2021
- Ex-WNBA player Alana Beard joins effort to bring expansion team to Oakland - ESPN - October 28th, 2021
- Top Surveillance Technology That Makes up the US 'Digital Border Wall' - Business Insider - October 28th, 2021
- CORRECTING and REPLACING OLB Group Announces Total of 600 Antminer S19j Pro Cryptocurrency Asic Miners in Operation - Yahoo Finance - October 28th, 2021
- INTRUSION to Announce Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results on Thursday, November 11, 2021 - Yahoo Finance - October 28th, 2021
- How to Use App Privacy Report in the iOS 15.2 Beta - Mac Rumors - October 28th, 2021
- What are task and process mining in AI? - Ericsson - October 28th, 2021
- A glimpse into the terrifying world of social media manipulation - The Business Standard - October 28th, 2021
- NSF Awards Grant to Study Use of AI to Improve Sustainable Energy Infrastructure Network - University of Arkansas Newswire - October 28th, 2021
- Australia plans to boost mineral discovery with new drill core research lab - MINING.COM - MINING.com - October 28th, 2021
- Here are the 14 most important pieces of surveillance technology that make up the US digital border wall, according to immigrant-rights groups - News... - October 28th, 2021
- KDD 2021 Celebrates Winning Teams of 25th Annual KDD Cup - KCRG - October 20th, 2021
- The Full Picture, the Right Picture High-Resolution Mass Spectrometry for Metabolomic Profiling - Technology Networks - October 20th, 2021
- Anacortes Mining acquires Tres Cruces surface rights and drill data as option agreements with MBM terminate - Proactive Investors USA - October 20th, 2021
- Hackers mining third-party apps to steal your health data - Greater Kashmir - October 20th, 2021
- Top 10 Business Intelligence Books to Read 2021 - Analytics Insight - October 20th, 2021
- FAU Engineering One of the Top Three Fastest Improving Colleges in the U.S. - Newswise - October 20th, 2021
- Integrated Predictive Safety Systems: Highlighting the Importance of Safety in Mining - AZoMining - October 15th, 2021
- University At Buffalo - News Center: Data Mining The Past - Patch.com - October 15th, 2021
- Peter Thiel bets on the far right: Tech tycoon spending millions to bankroll "Trump wing" of GOP - Salon - October 15th, 2021
- Eni S p A : selects the best startups to develop innovative solutions in Communications Data Mining - Marketscreener.com - October 15th, 2021
- R&D Solutions for Pharma and Medical Technology - Knovel - October 15th, 2021
- Windfall Geotek Completes Soil Program and 43-101 on Sobeski Lake Property in the Red Lake Area - Junior Mining Network - October 15th, 2021
- SkyChain Signed Agreement to Secure Land and Power... | INN - Investing News Network - October 15th, 2021
- Data mining the past - UB News Center - October 14th, 2021
- How Financial Institutions Are Trying To Make Sense Of ESG Data - Todayuknews - Todayuknews - October 14th, 2021
- Decarbonisation and sector disclosure for metals & mining - ING Think - October 14th, 2021
- Xin Tian, Esq., Recognized for Excellence in Patent Law and Scientific Research - PRNewswire - October 14th, 2021
- Is big tech the new East India Company? - IT PRO - October 14th, 2021
- Sustainable projects and investments in the metals & mining sector - Hellenic Shipping News Worldwide - October 14th, 2021
- Dried Blood Spot Collection Cards Market In-Depth Analysis On Forthcoming Development And Forecast By 2030 - Scoop.co.nz - October 14th, 2021
- IT Asset Disposition Market Performance In Upcoming Years Based On Market Share, Size, Supply Volume And Key Regions - Scoop.co.nz - October 14th, 2021
- Concentrated Milk Fat Market Report Highlights The Competitive Scenario With Impact Of Drivers And Challenges 2030 - Scoop.co.nz - October 14th, 2021
- KDD 2021 Honors Recipients of the SIGKDD Best Paper Awards - PRNewswire - October 2nd, 2021
- AI and Software Development: Let the Revolution Begin | eWEEK - eWeek - October 2nd, 2021
- Will Palantir Be Worth More Than IBM by 2025? - Motley Fool - October 2nd, 2021
- Clinical Significance and Underlying Mechanisms of CELSR3 in Metastatic Prostate Cancer Based on Immunohistochemistry, Data Mining, and In Silico... - October 2nd, 2021
- Assessing the intersection of open source and AI - VentureBeat - October 2nd, 2021
- What is data mining? | SAS - September 19th, 2021
- What is Data Mining? | IBM - September 19th, 2021
- Gold Mining Market Report 2021: A $249.6 Billion Market by 2026 with 3% CAGR Predicted Between 2021 and 2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - September 19th, 2021
- Convention centers stay hopeful in 2nd year of cancellations - Alaskajournal.com - September 19th, 2021
- New Research report on Hematology (CBC) Analyzers Market Insights and Forecast to 2026 | International Key Company's Siemens, Abbott, SFRI, Roche,... - September 19th, 2021
- London open: Stocks fall as investors digest jobs data; miners in the red - ShareCast - September 19th, 2021
- Jon Najarian Says People Invested In These Stocks 'Are Going To Continue To Just Mint Money' - Benzinga - Benzinga - September 19th, 2021
- The multi-colored Kevin Cubes in Fortnite are heading for the center of the map - Gamepur - September 19th, 2021
- Dios Exploration to Drill Windfall Geotek Provided AI Targets on the K2 Project Located in James Bay, Quebec - Junior Mining Network - September 19th, 2021