More and more sophisticated cyber attacks have rendered antivirus-type security solutions useless. While the majority of antivirus products offer protection against various types of malware, they become pointless in the face of targeted attacks from hackers.
When that happens, Internet Security-type solutions come to save the day. These deliver complete protection from different types of cyber threats, like: spam, hacking, spyware and phishing.
Since they come with many more features than your regular antivirus software, the price of Internet security solutions is usually high. However, if you want to buy something like that, you need to consider its advantages.
Before we reveal the best Internet Security solution of 2018 for Windows 7, 8 and 10, well tell you when to even consider buying this kind of security solution instead of a regular top-rated antivirus.
Choosing antivirus software may be difficult if youre a home user. Why? Because security solutions against viruses are hard to test and compare by a regular user. Especially when the process requires a certain amount of time before reaching clear conclusions. If you are a home user, this post on the best security products might help you.
Heres when youll need an Internet Security solution:
One of the most frequent questions regarding security software applications has to do with the differences between an antivirus and a Security solution solution.
Normally, security software manufacturers create applications in a modular way. Different protection modules are either integrated or not in the suites these manufacturers offer. The rules well talk about arent found universally. Some manufacturers of antivirus solutions prefer to group the protection modules in other ways.
Generally, an antivirus keeps you safe from viruses, files infected with malware and websites affected by different types of viruses. The protection offered by an antivirus can be resumed to the three big types of threats mentioned earlier.
Internet Security software suites come with a series of bonus modules compared to what antiviruses deliver. Here are some of them:
The table below shows a comparative analysis we did between antivirus protection systems and Internet Security ones. The comparison was performed by looking at the most frequent features integrated in these security products. Sometimes, some modules are also to be found in the best antivirus suites, even if our table doesnt show this.
Attention! These modules arent available with every Internet Security solutions out there. They can vary depending on the manufacturer. Make sure to choose the security solution that works best for you when you decide to buy one.
We tested some Internet Security software solutions on different operating systems (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 10) to answer the following question: Which is the best Internet Security protection suite?
In case you decide to buy or test an Internet Security solution, visit its manufacturers website and check the tables with comparative features. These show every capability each security suite has. We also recommend checking the differences between these manufacturers antivirus software versions and Internet Security versions.
Some of them have antivirus solutions with multiple interesting features. Remember this and dont necessarily rush into buying one Internet Security solution over the other. First, check whether or not the antivirus suites deliver the protection you as a user actually need.
For instance, if you dont have kids, you will never require something with parental control. Should you not have a webcam attached to your PC, the webcam protection options a security solution suite offers are pointless.
Just as in the case of the comparative analysis of antivirus solutions, identifying the best Internet Security suite took quite long. We tested well-known security solutions and the ones created by less known software manufacturers. Security companies have already launched version 2018 of their applications. The latter have already been available ever since the middle of 2017.
To better find the best Internet Security software solutions of 2017 and 2018, we considered the following:
Heres a top of the best 2017 applications after we performed our tests:
Score: 9.9 / 10As soon as we received the results for our tests, it was no surprise that Bitdefender Internet Security 2018 came on our top of the best Internet protection suites. Compared to the Antivirus version (whose detailed review ishere), the new Bitdefender Internet Security suite features new functionalities:
Here are the advantages of the Bitdefender Internet Security 2018: very easy configuration, excellent scanning speed and minimal impact on system resources.
Bitdefender offer the best Internet Security solution we tested. This top rated security suite has an excellent price for its features: only $49.99 for up to 3 devices. You shouldnt miss out on such a good deal.
If you want extended protection against computer theft, the Bitdefender Total Security version is what you need. The new module offers the possibility to remotely access any stolen or lost PC when the latter is connected to the Internet. The application can be found here.
Our rating: 9.9/10
Compatibility:Windows 7 (SP 1), 8, 8.1 and 10
Price: $49.99 / 3 devices
Score: 9.8 / 10Number two of our best Internet Security software is something created by Symantec, namely Norton SecurityDeluxe 2018. Here are the bonus features which the Antivirus version doesnt offer:
Some of the advantages of this suite are its excellent stability, great scanning speed and an easy to perform configuration.
Norton Security Deluxe is an excellent choice for users who want to protect their computer and personal data against destruction or intrusion. For only $39.99 for 5 devices (PC / Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 / Mac), you can be sure your important information is kept safe from every kind of cyber attack.
Our rating: 9.8/10
Compatibility:iOS, Android, Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
Price: $39.99 / 5 devices
Score: 9.7 / 10
Veteran Kaspersky couldnt miss from the top best Internet Security manufacturers. The 2018 version of their security software features a series of improvements compared to the older version. As opposed to the Antivirus version we recently analyzed and tested, the Kaspersky Internet Security comes with the following:
Heres a short list of the advantages offered by the Kaspersky security suite: one of the best anti-malware protection from the market, the possibility of advanced configuration and detailed reports of identified problems.
TheKaspersky Internet Security 2018 has an excellent price when we think about its capabilities: for $39.99 you can benefit from complete protection against various cyber threats.
For extra protection, you can opt for theKaspersky Total Security version. This one has the following bonus features:
The Kaspersky Total Security 2018 is available here at a very good price for its capabilities.
Our rating: 9.7/10
Compatibility:Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
Price: $39.99 / 3 devices
Score: 9.6 / 10
Having already performed tests using the new McAfee Antivirus, the expectations we had about the companys Internet Security solution were sky high. After several days of testing, we can finally say that the new McAfee Internet Security 2018 exceeded expectations.
The application is different compared to the antivirus solution thanks to these additional modules:
The latest McAfee Internet Security features significant improvements. The scanning speed has increased and the impact on computer resources has decreased. If youre looking for excellent protection against cyber attacks and spam as well as parental control, the Internet Security from McAfee is one of your best choices. The application can be yours for $59.99 and its available here.
Our rating: 9.6/10
Compatibility:Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
Price: $59.99 / 1 device
Score: 9.5 / 10
After reviewing the Antivirus option from Avast, we moved on to their Internet Security 2018 version. We had a pleasant surprise and it was all due to the improvements and additional modules we found. Here is a list of them:
The new Avast Internet Security has a very good price for its features. For only $47.99 you can enjoy excellent protection from viruses, phishing attacks and threats coming from hackers.
Our rating: 9.6/10
Compatibility:Windows XP (SP3), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
Price: $47.99 / 1 device
Score: 9.4 / 10
The most recent version of the ESET Internet Security delivers many improvements and new features compared to the 2017 version our team recently looked at. Heres what you can expect from the 2018 version in terms of added features:
TheESET Internet Security 2018 comes with lots of excellent features, an easy-to-use interface and complete protection against a wide range of cyber threats. You can buy this top rated security suite here for only$49.99.
If you want a version that includes password management and the possibility to encrypt sensitive data, theESET Smart Security Premium 2018 is the way to go. You can get ithere for only $59.99, which is a great price for its features.
Our rating: 9.4/10
Compatibility: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
Price: $49.99 / device
Score: 9.3 / 10
Panda Internet Security 2018 was one of the most pleasant surprises when we decided to make a list of the best security solutions for 2018. With its improved interface and new features, Pandas security suite left a great impression on us. Compared to theAntivirus Plus, the Panda Internet Security 2018 adds the following features:
The Panda Internet Security 2018 can be downloaded for one PC for only$29.99 from here.
Our rating: 9.2/10
Compatibility: Windows XP (SP 2), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
Price: $29.99 / one device
Score: 9.2 / 10
Another product that caught our eye during the making of todays top Internet Security solutions for 2018 comes from AVG. Their latest creation has more features than the ones included in their free antivirus version. Here they are:
This product offers numerous other features we didnt include in todays post. If youre interested in a full review of the AVG Internet Security 2018, you can find one here.
AVGs security suite has an excellent price for the features it offers. For only$55.99, you can enjoy full protection for an unlimited number of devices.
Our rating: 9.3/10
Compatibility: Windows XP (SP 3), Vista (SP2), 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
Price: $55.99 / unlimited devices
The number of cyber attacks continues to grow. The latest threats targeted not only home users, but also companies and government agencies.
Choosing a top rated Internet Security software solution is one of the smartest investments if you wish to protect your computers data. In case you want to benefit from total protection against cyber attacks, select one of the solutions we added to our list of best Internet Security applications for 2018.
Go here to read the rest:
Best Internet Security Software 2018 - The best rated ...
- IT spending on Internet connectivity, security to rise in India: Report - Business Insider India - July 6th, 2020
- VPNs are the need-of-the-hour for safe and fast connections as we work-from-home - The Hindu - July 6th, 2020
- What is network security in the cloud computing era? - TechRadar - July 6th, 2020
- Revealed: How home router manufacturers dropped the ball on security - TechHive - July 6th, 2020
- Malaysia Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- Akamai Is an Overlooked Web Infrastructure Play. Its a Buy, Analyst Says. - Barron's - July 6th, 2020
- According to Latest Report on Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market to Grow with an Impressive CAGR - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- Enterprise Firewall Market Overview and Regional Outlook with Research Study 2019 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- How Have I Been Pwned became the keeper of the internets biggest data breaches - TechCrunch - July 6th, 2020
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Trends, Opportunities, Key Players, Growth, Analysis, Outlook & Forecasts To 2026 - Daily Research... - July 6th, 2020
- WISeKey develops WIShelter Covid-19 secured smartphone app, using digital IDs and blockchain protocols, to certify users that are not infected with... - July 6th, 2020
- Cryptocurrencies Adding to the Safety and Security in the UK Gambling Industry - London Post - July 6th, 2020
- Voice recordings from domestic violence alerting app exposed on the internet - Security Boulevard - June 30th, 2020
- The lack of women in cybersecurity puts us all at greater risk - The Next Web - June 30th, 2020
- Cascading Security Through the Internet of Things Supply Chain - Lawfare - June 30th, 2020
- How to Build the Right Security Assessment - Security Boulevard - June 30th, 2020
- Apple may have just changed a key part of how the internet works - TechRadar - June 30th, 2020
- Indians most concerned about identity theft - Fortune India - June 30th, 2020
- Deeper Connect Mini: Decentralized, Private and Secure Internet for the People, launching June 30th on Indiegogo. - Yahoo Finance - June 30th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security: Technologies and Global Markets - Yahoo Finance - June 30th, 2020
- Could Donald Trump claim a national security threat to shut down the internet? - Brookings Institution - June 30th, 2020
- Internet of Things Security Market Strategic Insights 2020 with analysis of Leading players: Check Point Security Software Technologies, Cisco... - June 30th, 2020
- Global IT Security Market is accounted for xx USD million in 2019 and is expected to reach xx USD million by 2025 growing at a CAGR of xx% : Blue... - June 30th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Size, Share, Growth, Revenue, Global Industry Analysis and Future Demand |Globalmarketers.biz - Cole of Duty - June 30th, 2020
- Surge in encrypted malware prompts warning about detection strategies - SecurityBrief Europe - June 30th, 2020
- NexTech AR to supply its video conferencing and virtual events platform to Dallas Independent School District - Proactive Investors UK - June 30th, 2020
- Dutch people are least concerned about safety, survey reveals - IamExpat in the Netherlands - June 30th, 2020
- Only 31% of Americans concerned with data security, despite 400% rise in cyberattacks - TechRepublic - June 24th, 2020
- WatchGuard Technologies Report Finds Two-Thirds of Malware is Encrypted, Invisible Without HTTPS Inspection - GlobeNewswire - June 24th, 2020
- How To Turn Off Firewall In Windows And Mac - Ubergizmo - June 24th, 2020
- OTF's Work Is Vital for a Free and Open Internet - EFF - June 24th, 2020
- Microsoft acquires CyberX to bolster Azure IoT security - Internet of Things News - IoT Tech News - June 24th, 2020
- Partner Content: ESET and Spire Technology on why you need a Password Manager - PCR-online.biz - June 24th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market to Witness Robust Expansion Throughout the Forecast Period 2020 2025 - 3rd Watch News - June 24th, 2020
- Google is on a mission to stop you from reusing passwords - The Verge - June 24th, 2020
- Marking the 30th Anniversary of the Internet and Cybersecurity Treaty - CircleID - June 24th, 2020
- The Cyberlaw Podcast: Using the Internet to Cause Emotional Distress is a Felony? - Lawfare - June 24th, 2020
- DDoS Protection Market 2020 | How The Industry Will Witness Substantial Growth In The Upcoming Years | Exclusive Report By MRE - Cole of Duty - June 24th, 2020
- Julian Assange Extradition and the Freedom of Bitcoin Bitcoin... - Bitcoin Magazine - June 24th, 2020
- How to become a web developer? - The Tribune - June 24th, 2020
- Frost & Sullivan Report Finds BlackBerry Solutions Address 96% of the Enterprise Threat Landscape - PRNewswire - June 24th, 2020
- EAC to evaluate testing and certification of non-voting equipment - Politico - June 24th, 2020
- Global IT Security Spending Market Projected to Reach USD XX.XX billion by 2025- Check Point Software Technologies, Cisco Systems, EMC, Fortinet,... - June 24th, 2020
- OPAQ Webinar to Share Lessons Learned and Best Practices from Zero Trust Migration Project with TTX Company - Business Wire - June 24th, 2020
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) Security Technology Market 2020 Analysis, Types, Applications, Forecast and COVID-19 Impact Analysis 2025 - NJ MMA... - June 24th, 2020
- Put Your Risk on Mute: Using PKI to Simplify Remote Workforce Security - Hashed Out by The SSL Store - Hashed Out by The SSL Store - June 24th, 2020
- NetNumber Expands Industry Recognized Signaling Firewall to Protect SIP Connections - GlobeNewswire - June 24th, 2020
- How to fight back against Covid-19 scams - Global Banking And Finance Review - June 24th, 2020
- What Will The Crypto Market Look Like In A Post COVID-19 Economy? | Coin Insider - Coin Insider - June 24th, 2020
- US: Congress Should Back Open Technology Fund - Human Rights Watch - June 21st, 2020
- David Pratt: Will the next global pandemic take place online? - The National - June 21st, 2020
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) Security Industry Market Insights, Opportunity, Analysis, Market Shares & Forecast 2020 2027 - 3rd Watch News - June 21st, 2020
- Facial recognition to play key role in travel reopening as biometrics industry weighs social responsibility - Biometric Update - June 21st, 2020
- 'IT Act does not protect freedom of speech' - The Sunday Guardian - June 21st, 2020
- In Depth Analysis and Survey of COVID-19 Pandemic Impact on Global Distributed Denial Of Service (DDoS) Protection Market 2020 Key Players A10... - June 21st, 2020
- Cyber Liability Insurance Market (USD 4.6 Billion) Will Grow At A CAGR of 11.12% During Forecast Period 2020-2025 (Impact Analysis of COVID-19) - 3rd... - June 21st, 2020
- Internet of Things Security Market research report presents a thorough study on the overall market by Application Forecast To 2020 - Surfacing... - June 21st, 2020
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) Security Product Market 2020 SWOT Analysis & Key Business Strategies by Leading Industry Players and Forecast 2025... - June 21st, 2020
- Knoxville still quiet on ransomware attack and what's being done to fix it - Knoxville News Sentinel - June 21st, 2020
- Indias digital workforce needs secure software. Testing, not banning apps, is the answer - ThePrint - June 21st, 2020
- Bolton book can be released, but conduct 'raises grave national security concerns' - ABC News - June 21st, 2020
- Broadband Connection Disconnected: Things You Can Do To Fix It - TelecomTalk - June 21st, 2020
- Former Google CEO Eric Schmidt says there's 'no question' Huawei routed data to Beijing - CNBC - June 21st, 2020
- Dating Apps Exposed 845 GB of Explicit Photos, Chats, and More - WIRED - June 21st, 2020
- Internet Security Software Market: Qualitative Analysis of the Leading Players - News by aeresearch - June 11th, 2020
- Global Internet Security Market 2020 by Manufacturers, Size, Development Analysis, Applications and Forecast to 2025 - Cole of Duty - June 11th, 2020
- Internet Security Software Market 2019 Break Down by Top Companies, Countries, Applications, Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast 2026 - Cole of... - June 11th, 2020
- Internet Security Software Market Impact Of Covid-19 And Benchmarking. - Personal Injury Bureau UK - June 11th, 2020
- Drivers is Responsible to for Increasing Internet Security Software Market Share, Forecast 2027 - Cole of Duty - June 11th, 2020
- Webroot Internet Security with Antivirus Protection Software | 3 Device | 1 Year Subscription | PC Download - The Report - June 11th, 2020
- Endpoint Security Market to Cross US$ 10,026 MN by 2026, Growing Adoption of Work from Home Services to Favor Growth: Fortune Business Insights -... - June 11th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market 2019 Break Down by Top Companies, Countries, Applications, Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast 2026 - Cole... - June 11th, 2020
- Yukon's Gurdeep Pandher tries to spread some joy on social media - Lindsay Advocate - June 11th, 2020
- Microsoft Windows users in UAE advised to install security updates - Khaleej Times - June 11th, 2020
- Clear guidelines for remote work will boost security and control access - TechRepublic - June 5th, 2020
- Mozilla Funds Meething to Help Fix the Internet - GlobeNewswire - June 5th, 2020
- The Internet of Bodies is here. This is how it will change our lives - World Economic Forum - June 5th, 2020
- Crowdstrike CEO explains how the future of remote work and security will look - CNBC - June 5th, 2020
- Mocana Recognized as Industry Leader in Cybersecurity and the Industrial Internet of Things - GlobeNewswire - June 5th, 2020
- SC Awards Europe 2020 - CISO/CSO of the Year - SC Magazine UK - June 5th, 2020