Visitors tour the Chinese internet security firm Qihoo 360.
BEIJING (AP) China demand Monday that Washington withdraw export sanctions imposed on Chinese companies in the latest round of a worsening conflict over technology, security and human rights.
The foreign ministry accused the Trump administration of interfering in China's affairs by adding eight companies accused of playing roles in a crackdown in its Muslim northwestern region of Xinjiang to an export blacklist.
Washington also imposed controls on access to American technology for 24 companies and government-linked entities it said might be involved in obtaining goods with potential military uses.
The U.S. decision violated basic norms of international relations" and "harmed China s interests, said a ministry spokesman, Zhao Lijian.
We urge the United States to correct its mistakes, revoke the relevant decision and stop interfering in Chinas internal affairs," Zhao said.
The measures announced Friday expand a U.S. campaign against Chinese companies including tech giant Huawei that Washington says might be security threats.
Beijing criticized curbs imposed earlier on Huawei Technologies Ltd. and other companies including Hikvision Digital Technology Ltd., a supplier of video security products. It has yet to say whether it will retaliate.
One company cited Friday in connection with Xinjiang is accused of engaging in human rights violations," the Commerce Department said. The rest are accused of enabling Chinas high-technology surveillance in the region.
One of the technology suppliers, CloudWalk Technology Ltd., which makes facial recognition systems, said in a statement such unfair treatmentwill hurt American companies and global development.
Chinas fledgling tech industries are developing their own processor chips, software and other products. But they need U.S., European and Japanese components and technology for smartphones and other devices, as well as for manufacturing processes.
The company accused of human rights violations, Aksu Huafu Textiles Co., said in a statement the U.S. decision recklessly disregards facts." The company said it won't be affected because any American materials can be replaced by Chinese sources.
Other companies didn't respond Monday to questions about how they might be affected.
The decision to add the companies to the Commerce Departments Entity List limits their access to U.S. components and technology by requiring government permission for exports.
American officials complain Beijing's technology development is based at least in part on stolen foreign know-how and might erode U.S. industrial leadership or threaten the security of its neighbors.
Complaints about Beijings technology ambitions prompted President Donald Trump to raise duties on Chinese imports in 2018, triggering a tariff war that weighs on global trade. The two governments signed a truce in January but Trump has threatened to back out if China fails to buy more American exports.
Other companies cited Friday represent a significant risk of supporting procurement of items for military end-use in China, the Commerce Department said.
The most prominent name on that list is Qihoo 360, a major supplier of anti-virus software and a web browser.
On its social media account, Qihoo 360 accused the Commerce Department of politicizing business and commercial research and development.
Companies including Huawei that were targeted by earlier U.S. sanctions deny they are a threat. Chinese officials accuse Washington of using phony security warnings to block rising competitors of U.S. tech industries.
Another blacklisted company, CloudMinds Technology Co., a maker of internet-linked robots, said all its products are designed for civilian use. It appealed to the U.S. government on its social media account to stop this unfair treatment.
Go here to see the original:
China Demands Us Withdraw Sanctions on Tech Suppliers - Manufacturing Business Technology
- IT spending on Internet connectivity, security to rise in India: Report - Business Insider India - July 6th, 2020
- VPNs are the need-of-the-hour for safe and fast connections as we work-from-home - The Hindu - July 6th, 2020
- What is network security in the cloud computing era? - TechRadar - July 6th, 2020
- Revealed: How home router manufacturers dropped the ball on security - TechHive - July 6th, 2020
- Malaysia Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- Akamai Is an Overlooked Web Infrastructure Play. Its a Buy, Analyst Says. - Barron's - July 6th, 2020
- According to Latest Report on Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market to Grow with an Impressive CAGR - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- Enterprise Firewall Market Overview and Regional Outlook with Research Study 2019 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- How Have I Been Pwned became the keeper of the internets biggest data breaches - TechCrunch - July 6th, 2020
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Trends, Opportunities, Key Players, Growth, Analysis, Outlook & Forecasts To 2026 - Daily Research... - July 6th, 2020
- WISeKey develops WIShelter Covid-19 secured smartphone app, using digital IDs and blockchain protocols, to certify users that are not infected with... - July 6th, 2020
- Cryptocurrencies Adding to the Safety and Security in the UK Gambling Industry - London Post - July 6th, 2020
- Voice recordings from domestic violence alerting app exposed on the internet - Security Boulevard - June 30th, 2020
- The lack of women in cybersecurity puts us all at greater risk - The Next Web - June 30th, 2020
- Cascading Security Through the Internet of Things Supply Chain - Lawfare - June 30th, 2020
- How to Build the Right Security Assessment - Security Boulevard - June 30th, 2020
- Apple may have just changed a key part of how the internet works - TechRadar - June 30th, 2020
- Indians most concerned about identity theft - Fortune India - June 30th, 2020
- Deeper Connect Mini: Decentralized, Private and Secure Internet for the People, launching June 30th on Indiegogo. - Yahoo Finance - June 30th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security: Technologies and Global Markets - Yahoo Finance - June 30th, 2020
- Could Donald Trump claim a national security threat to shut down the internet? - Brookings Institution - June 30th, 2020
- Internet of Things Security Market Strategic Insights 2020 with analysis of Leading players: Check Point Security Software Technologies, Cisco... - June 30th, 2020
- Global IT Security Market is accounted for xx USD million in 2019 and is expected to reach xx USD million by 2025 growing at a CAGR of xx% : Blue... - June 30th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Size, Share, Growth, Revenue, Global Industry Analysis and Future Demand |Globalmarketers.biz - Cole of Duty - June 30th, 2020
- Surge in encrypted malware prompts warning about detection strategies - SecurityBrief Europe - June 30th, 2020
- NexTech AR to supply its video conferencing and virtual events platform to Dallas Independent School District - Proactive Investors UK - June 30th, 2020
- Dutch people are least concerned about safety, survey reveals - IamExpat in the Netherlands - June 30th, 2020
- Only 31% of Americans concerned with data security, despite 400% rise in cyberattacks - TechRepublic - June 24th, 2020
- WatchGuard Technologies Report Finds Two-Thirds of Malware is Encrypted, Invisible Without HTTPS Inspection - GlobeNewswire - June 24th, 2020
- How To Turn Off Firewall In Windows And Mac - Ubergizmo - June 24th, 2020
- OTF's Work Is Vital for a Free and Open Internet - EFF - June 24th, 2020
- Microsoft acquires CyberX to bolster Azure IoT security - Internet of Things News - IoT Tech News - June 24th, 2020
- Partner Content: ESET and Spire Technology on why you need a Password Manager - PCR-online.biz - June 24th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market to Witness Robust Expansion Throughout the Forecast Period 2020 2025 - 3rd Watch News - June 24th, 2020
- Google is on a mission to stop you from reusing passwords - The Verge - June 24th, 2020
- Marking the 30th Anniversary of the Internet and Cybersecurity Treaty - CircleID - June 24th, 2020
- The Cyberlaw Podcast: Using the Internet to Cause Emotional Distress is a Felony? - Lawfare - June 24th, 2020
- DDoS Protection Market 2020 | How The Industry Will Witness Substantial Growth In The Upcoming Years | Exclusive Report By MRE - Cole of Duty - June 24th, 2020
- Julian Assange Extradition and the Freedom of Bitcoin Bitcoin... - Bitcoin Magazine - June 24th, 2020
- How to become a web developer? - The Tribune - June 24th, 2020
- Frost & Sullivan Report Finds BlackBerry Solutions Address 96% of the Enterprise Threat Landscape - PRNewswire - June 24th, 2020
- EAC to evaluate testing and certification of non-voting equipment - Politico - June 24th, 2020
- Global IT Security Spending Market Projected to Reach USD XX.XX billion by 2025- Check Point Software Technologies, Cisco Systems, EMC, Fortinet,... - June 24th, 2020
- OPAQ Webinar to Share Lessons Learned and Best Practices from Zero Trust Migration Project with TTX Company - Business Wire - June 24th, 2020
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) Security Technology Market 2020 Analysis, Types, Applications, Forecast and COVID-19 Impact Analysis 2025 - NJ MMA... - June 24th, 2020
- Put Your Risk on Mute: Using PKI to Simplify Remote Workforce Security - Hashed Out by The SSL Store - Hashed Out by The SSL Store - June 24th, 2020
- NetNumber Expands Industry Recognized Signaling Firewall to Protect SIP Connections - GlobeNewswire - June 24th, 2020
- How to fight back against Covid-19 scams - Global Banking And Finance Review - June 24th, 2020
- What Will The Crypto Market Look Like In A Post COVID-19 Economy? | Coin Insider - Coin Insider - June 24th, 2020
- US: Congress Should Back Open Technology Fund - Human Rights Watch - June 21st, 2020
- David Pratt: Will the next global pandemic take place online? - The National - June 21st, 2020
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) Security Industry Market Insights, Opportunity, Analysis, Market Shares & Forecast 2020 2027 - 3rd Watch News - June 21st, 2020
- Facial recognition to play key role in travel reopening as biometrics industry weighs social responsibility - Biometric Update - June 21st, 2020
- 'IT Act does not protect freedom of speech' - The Sunday Guardian - June 21st, 2020
- In Depth Analysis and Survey of COVID-19 Pandemic Impact on Global Distributed Denial Of Service (DDoS) Protection Market 2020 Key Players A10... - June 21st, 2020
- Cyber Liability Insurance Market (USD 4.6 Billion) Will Grow At A CAGR of 11.12% During Forecast Period 2020-2025 (Impact Analysis of COVID-19) - 3rd... - June 21st, 2020
- Internet of Things Security Market research report presents a thorough study on the overall market by Application Forecast To 2020 - Surfacing... - June 21st, 2020
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) Security Product Market 2020 SWOT Analysis & Key Business Strategies by Leading Industry Players and Forecast 2025... - June 21st, 2020
- Knoxville still quiet on ransomware attack and what's being done to fix it - Knoxville News Sentinel - June 21st, 2020
- Indias digital workforce needs secure software. Testing, not banning apps, is the answer - ThePrint - June 21st, 2020
- Bolton book can be released, but conduct 'raises grave national security concerns' - ABC News - June 21st, 2020
- Broadband Connection Disconnected: Things You Can Do To Fix It - TelecomTalk - June 21st, 2020
- Former Google CEO Eric Schmidt says there's 'no question' Huawei routed data to Beijing - CNBC - June 21st, 2020
- Dating Apps Exposed 845 GB of Explicit Photos, Chats, and More - WIRED - June 21st, 2020
- Internet Security Software Market: Qualitative Analysis of the Leading Players - News by aeresearch - June 11th, 2020
- Global Internet Security Market 2020 by Manufacturers, Size, Development Analysis, Applications and Forecast to 2025 - Cole of Duty - June 11th, 2020
- Internet Security Software Market 2019 Break Down by Top Companies, Countries, Applications, Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast 2026 - Cole of... - June 11th, 2020
- Internet Security Software Market Impact Of Covid-19 And Benchmarking. - Personal Injury Bureau UK - June 11th, 2020
- Drivers is Responsible to for Increasing Internet Security Software Market Share, Forecast 2027 - Cole of Duty - June 11th, 2020
- Webroot Internet Security with Antivirus Protection Software | 3 Device | 1 Year Subscription | PC Download - The Report - June 11th, 2020
- Endpoint Security Market to Cross US$ 10,026 MN by 2026, Growing Adoption of Work from Home Services to Favor Growth: Fortune Business Insights -... - June 11th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market 2019 Break Down by Top Companies, Countries, Applications, Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast 2026 - Cole... - June 11th, 2020
- Yukon's Gurdeep Pandher tries to spread some joy on social media - Lindsay Advocate - June 11th, 2020
- Microsoft Windows users in UAE advised to install security updates - Khaleej Times - June 11th, 2020
- Clear guidelines for remote work will boost security and control access - TechRepublic - June 5th, 2020
- Mozilla Funds Meething to Help Fix the Internet - GlobeNewswire - June 5th, 2020
- The Internet of Bodies is here. This is how it will change our lives - World Economic Forum - June 5th, 2020
- Crowdstrike CEO explains how the future of remote work and security will look - CNBC - June 5th, 2020
- Mocana Recognized as Industry Leader in Cybersecurity and the Industrial Internet of Things - GlobeNewswire - June 5th, 2020
- SC Awards Europe 2020 - CISO/CSO of the Year - SC Magazine UK - June 5th, 2020