Finder has released a solution for secure online identity verification for banking details in its new app, a very timely solution given the current necessity for Australians to self isolate.
With the COVID-19 pandemic pushing Australia to the edge of a recession, more Australians will be looking online to see how they can find better deals to save money and reduce unnecessary spending. As more people go online, there becomes a greater risk of Australians being attacked by cyber criminals and having their personal information compromised, Finder said.
With 2.6 million unique monthly visitors, Finder wanted to reinvent its membership program back in 2018. While Finders existing model wasnt broken, it saw an opportunity to better serve users by leading the development of the Finder app, which aims to connect users bank accounts to track their spending habits and identify where they could save by switching products.
To do this, Finder needed a robust security solution that would keep users financial data secure.
The Finder app is designed to find members better deals for credit cards, home loans, savings accounts and health insurance. It does this by linking users financial data for analysis across thousands of financial products and notifies them of potential savings across those four main categories.
As Australia enters a new open data sharing landscape with Open Banking just around the corner, there is also a growing requirement for companies to be proactive in sourcing robust security solutions to maintain customer trust and loyalty when dealing with private details, such as email addresses, phone numbers, banking details and credit scores. COVID-19 has brought this need for remote security to the forefront even more.
Using multiple user systems, including a main website service and credit score service, meant Finder needed a solution that utilised a number of features to improve user data security and to consolidate several stores of user data into one unified system.
Finder chief product and technology officer, Joe Walker, said the aim was a defence in-depth security strategy.
If you've somehow gotten through the castle walls, we dont necessarily assume that just because youre inside, youre allowed to be inside. Its safer to keep running additional checks, and so we continue to re-authenticate users," he said.
Trying to build out authentication ourselves would divert all of the hundreds of engineers that we have working on key products and features for our members.
"We wanted to reduce the potential attack surface, and consolidating our member data into a single, secure system was the best approach. When our users provide us withmembership and financial information, they are placing a level of trust in us, and its important that we honour that trust."
When Finder began moving towards a microservices architecture and building their app, the company sought out an authentication provider that could provide strong security. Once the decision to use Auth0 was made, Finder started to migrate hundreds of thousands of user accounts to the new system.
The Finder app launched in mid-March, with plans to roll it out in the UK and the US. Within the first week of launching, the group received 10,000 downloads of the new app. With this many downloads comes the need for a robust platform that secures and authenticates personal information continuously, to prevent fraudulent activity and identity theft.
One of the security features Finder uses is anomaly detection. It prevents malicious attempts to access the website or the Mobile application as well as block further login attempts.
Finder further secures data by fully integrating Auth0 into their membership flow, with tokens refreshing regularly. This continuous authentication strengthens the walls of Finders data fortress.
For me, a secure member platform is a license to innovate safely and securely. Without a solid member platform thats secure, we wouldnt be able to innovate as quickly as we do. Any future work that we create, we make from eligibility programs or membership data which Auth0 has made possible, Walker added.
Follow CMO on Twitter:@CMOAustralia, take part in the CMO conversation on LinkedIn:CMO ANZ,follow our regular updatesvia CMO Australia's Linkedin company page, or join us on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/CMOAustralia.
See more here:
Finder helps secure the Internet in a time of crisis - CMO
- Show me who bans TikTok and I'll show you your (future) allies | TheHill - The Hill - September 27th, 2020
- Lokibot keylogger infections are growing across the internet - Komando - September 27th, 2020
- Evasive Malware Threats on the Rise Despite Decline in Overall Attacks - Infosecurity Magazine - September 27th, 2020
- Internet of Things Security Market size, development, key opportunity, application and forecast to 2026 | Check Point Security Software Technologies,... - September 27th, 2020
- Fears mount over Russian and Chinese hackers targeting the 2020 U.S. presidential election - CNBC - September 27th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security market to Witness Increase in Revenues by 2016-2028 - Crypto Daily - September 27th, 2020
- How to leave no trace on the internet when using a VPN? - Techiexpert.com - TechiExpert.com - September 27th, 2020
- 2020 Demand In Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market By Key Types, Regions, Countries, Top Companies Competition, Consumers, Import-Export Forecast... - September 27th, 2020
- How the Pandemic Pushed a Generation of Americans to Discover the Perks (and Risks) of Online Banking - NextAdvisor - September 27th, 2020
- IT Security-as-a-Service Market 2020 By Manufacturers, Regions, Type And Application, Forecast To 2025| Blue Coat, Cisco, IBM, Intel Security,... - September 27th, 2020
- APT groups actively target Linux-based workstations and servers - Backend News - September 27th, 2020
- Critical steps for securing cyberspace - Microsoft on the Issues - Microsoft - September 27th, 2020
- Proven ways to stay ahead of configuration drift - ITProPortal - September 27th, 2020
- Global Embedded Security For Internet Of Things Market 2020 Trends Analysis and (COVID-19) Effect Analysis | Key Players Market With COVID-19 Impact... - September 27th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Technology Market 2020: Potential growth, attractive valuation make it is a long-term investment | Know the COVID19... - September 27th, 2020
- REMOTE WORKING: PROGRESS AND PERILS - Forbes Africa - September 27th, 2020
- Avoid scam 'DMV' websites | Sedona.Biz - The Internet Voice of Sedona and The Verde Valley - Sedona.biz - September 27th, 2020
- Get In Depth Analysis Of How Covid-19 Is Impacting The Internet Security Software Market - The Daily Chronicle - September 12th, 2020
- Better late than never: Zoom boosts security with 2FA - Verdict - September 12th, 2020
- Show and Tell: The Gryphon Tower Mesh Wi-Fi Security Router - Grit Daily - September 12th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market 2020 Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Opportunities, Drivers, Outlook, Analysis And Forecast To 2028 -... - September 12th, 2020
- Ensuring cyber awareness in the healthcare sector - Help Net Security - September 12th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Size, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies and Forecast by 2026 - The Daily Chronicle - September 12th, 2020
- Internet of Things Security Market, Share, Growth, Trends And Forecast To 2027: Dataintelo - Scientect - September 12th, 2020
- Kaspersky: 37% of internet users in SEA think they won't be targeted by cybercriminals - SoyaCincau.com - September 12th, 2020
- TikTok and WeChat may raise security concerns, but Trump's knee-jerk reaction isn't the way to deal with them - NewsChannel 3-12 - KEYT - September 12th, 2020
- Helping companies prioritize their cybersecurity investments - MIT News - September 6th, 2020
- Rapid7 NICER - starting a conversation on internet security | Company Report - FinTech Magazine - The FinTech & InsurTech Platform - September 6th, 2020
- Kansans are getting letters saying they applied for unemployment. The problem? Some never did. - Pittsburg Morning Sun - September 6th, 2020
- Embedded Security For Internet Of Things Market 2025 Opportunities, Applications, Drivers, Limitations, Companies, Countries, & Forecast - Express... - September 6th, 2020
- Why should you use a VPN on your iPhone and Mac? - Cult of Mac - September 6th, 2020
- 'No longer safe in their classroom:' NHCS remote-learning session hacked, sexualized profanity used - Port City Daily - September 6th, 2020
- How Romania is Solving Technology and Poverty Disparities - Borgen Project - September 6th, 2020
- How government is delivering better election security - GCN.com - September 6th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Report: Regional Data Analysis By Production, Revenue, Price And Gross Margin - Kewaskum Statesman News... - September 6th, 2020
- What is the quantum internet? Everything you need to know about the weird future of quantum networks - ZDNet - September 6th, 2020
- How automation testing stays crucial to the future of Internet of Things (IoT) - Latest Digital Transformation Trends | Cloud News - Wire19 - September 6th, 2020
- One of the largest internet outages ever recorded occurred this weekend - TechRadar - September 6th, 2020
- A third of companies are exposing unsafe network services to the internet - BetaNews - September 6th, 2020
- Meet The New Anonymous100 Million BTS ARMY And K-Pop Stans, A Cyber Threat To Be Reckoned With - Forbes - September 6th, 2020
- Is Wall Street winning in China? - The Economist - September 6th, 2020
- 60 Seconds In Cybersecurity: Heres What Happens In Just One Malicious Internet Minute - Forbes - August 28th, 2020
- Research Report prospects the Internet Security Software Market - Owned - August 28th, 2020
- Cyber Security Market to Benefit from Increasing Application of AI and IoT Technologies - GlobeNewswire - August 28th, 2020
- Hackers are exploiting the 'Internet of Things' - ITProPortal - August 28th, 2020
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection Market Will Generate New Growth Opportunities in the next upcoming year - The Daily Chronicle - August 28th, 2020
- IT Security Market to Remain Competitive | Major Giants Continuously Expanding Market - The News Brok - August 28th, 2020
- Internet Of Things Iot Security Market : Global Industry Analysis And Opportunity Assessment 2026 Cisco Systems, Inc., Ibm Corporation, Intel... - August 28th, 2020
- Click Fraud Risk as Smartphone Is Discovered with Pre-Installed Malware - Infosecurity Magazine - August 28th, 2020
- The ability to hear, be heard and be understood is vital The importance of audio communication devices in security - IFSEC Global - August 28th, 2020
- Wrap your ears around Episode 451 of the Two Blokes Talking Tech podcast - Tech Guide - August 28th, 2020
- Taking stock of the Chinese factor in American elections - Arab News - August 28th, 2020
- How to choose and set up a business VPN - TechRadar - August 28th, 2020
- Internet Grows to 370.1 Million Domain Name Registrations at the End of the Second Quarter of 2020 - Social News XYZ - August 28th, 2020
- Internet of Things Security Market Analysis by Size, Share, Growth, Latest Innovation, Trends and Forecast 2019 2025 - Scientect - August 28th, 2020
- The TikTok Ban Should Worry Every Company - Harvard Business Review - August 28th, 2020
- TLS and VPN Flaws Offer Most Pen Tester Access - Infosecurity Magazine - August 28th, 2020
- The Center for Internet Security (CIS) Use Cases and Cost Justification - Security Boulevard - August 10th, 2020
- Peering into the Future of Sino-Russian Cyber Security Cooperation - War on the Rocks - August 10th, 2020
- Internet of Things Security Industry Market Sales, Price, Revenue, Gross Margin and Industry Share 2020-2025 - Express Journal - August 10th, 2020
- Insights on the Cyber Security Global Market to 2028 - Featuring Dell Technologies, Fireeye & Fortinet Among Others - GlobeNewswire - August 10th, 2020
- So What Does Trump Have Against TikTok? - The New York Times - August 10th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Size, Development, Key Opportunity, Application & Forecast to 2025 - Chelanpress - August 10th, 2020
- Someone just dumped 20GB of internal Intel data on the Internet - TechSpot - August 10th, 2020
- Malaysia Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Size, Global Future Trend, Segmentation, Business Growth, Top Key Players, Opportunities and... - August 10th, 2020
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market 2020 Competitive Analysis Cisco Systems, Intel Corporation, IBM Corporation - Owned - August 10th, 2020
- Common Internet of Things security pitfalls Urgent Comms - Urgent Communications - July 29th, 2020
- US starts work on making virtually unhackable internet a reality; All you need to know about Quantum Internet - The Financial Express - July 29th, 2020
- Internet Of Everything (IoE) Market Growth Analysis By Manufacturers, Regions, Types and Application Forecast - Market Research Posts - July 29th, 2020
- What are you giving away on social media? | IT PRO - IT PRO - July 29th, 2020
- Explained: Why is spyware, stalkerware gaining traction during the pandemic? - The Indian Express - July 29th, 2020
- Are we seeing the beginnings of an Indian internet? - Deccan Herald - July 29th, 2020
- What the Tech? Check Your Internet Security When Working from Home - Alabama News Network - July 27th, 2020
- Security of the internet is improving, but there is work to be done - Security Magazine - July 27th, 2020
- Outlook on the Internet Security Software Market to 2025 by Application, End-user and Geography - CueReport - July 27th, 2020
- U.S. Government Says Its Building A Virtually Unhackable Quantum Internet - Forbes - July 27th, 2020
- Amid 'heightened tensions,' US government issues warning to critical infrastructure providers - Utility Dive - July 27th, 2020
- The global Internet of Things (IoT) security market size is expected to grow from USD 12.5 billion in 2020 to USD 36.6 billion by 2025, at a Compound... - July 27th, 2020
- WISeKey to Showcase its Cybersecurity Solutions for Artificial Intelligence Used in Drones and Robots at SIDO 2020 - GlobeNewswire - July 27th, 2020
- Various Politicians, Companies, And Activists Are Targeted By A Secretive Industry - See How India Has Become A Hire-for-hack Place For Other... - July 27th, 2020