Technologies have been gearing us up for the remote workforce for years, providing solutions that can equip employees to work from anywhere in the world. However, according to Owl Labs 2019 State of Remote Work report until now only 44% of global companies have embraced the remote workforce. The notion of work from home has never been practised to the extent that the current situation calls for it to be.
On the back of the news that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a global pandemic and President Cyril Ramaphosa setting the scene for South Africans to take precautions to protect themselves and their families from contracting the virus, drastic measures have been put in place. Businesses have responded to the news responsibly with many organisations calling for employees to stay safe and work from home.
Many employees today already have laptops, high-speed internet connectivity and access to networks via the cloud to perform their daily tasks remotely. However, are they equipped to deliver consistent brand experiences that customers have come to expect when dealing with the organisation?
Having invested significantly into their brands for years, companies need to put the best interests of their employees and customers at heart but not at the detriment of their brands. As such employees should be equipped with tools that will help them to meet customers needs seamlessly and deliver consistent brand experiences in every email and document sent to clients wherever they are working from.
There are several measures that companies should put in place to secure their brand and deliver a consistent experience in all customer and employee engagements whether working remotely or not.
Always on brand wherever you are
To help employees to deliver consistent experiences in every email, they must have a professional and consistent email signature that is used across the company so that all correspondence that employees send out is consistently branded.
Further, the body of the emails should be on-brand using the same font and colour across the company. It is also recommended to have pre-developed and pre-approved content available and easily accessible for employees to insert into emails while working remotely. This requires minimal input and keeps the brand integrity in every communication.
Employees should have access to the latest company letterheads, templates, documents and presentations that are required for client communication. If documents are updated while the employees are working remotely, the latest versions should be easy-to-access without the need for a Virtual Private Network (VPN) and employees should feel comfortable that they are sending their customers the most up-to-date information at all times.
Up to date employee communications
Working remotely can impact on employee communication with CoSo Cloud finding that more than half of remote employees feel disconnected from those employees working in offices.
When employees are separate from the company it is critical they are kept up to date on all important company news and information throughout the day to prevent them from becoming disconnected and uncoordinated. An employee communication tool should be used to broadcast information to employees throughout the day and keep them informed about company news.
It would also be valuable to share updates on topical issues such as the latest coronavirus stats regularly via the broadcast tool to minimise the amount of time employees would otherwise spend looking for the information themselves.
Keeping security intact
Having a remote workforce means that companies need to put stringent security measures in place that can protect their data at all times. Yet according to GetApp workers working from remote locations often receive confidential business data but less than half of these employees have received proper internet security training.
To avoid financial and brand damage, companies need to incorporate layered security to help prevent customers and employees from falling victim to email scams, particularly while working with a remote workforce. Centrally managed, tamperproof email signatures are also a first step in helping to prevent fraudulent emails from being sent on behalf of a company. Built-in email verification would also benefit the company and email recipients and give them added peace of mind that emails are authentic.
However, more than this, companies need to have a segmentation of risk built into their email branding solution to safeguard customer and company information at all times, particularly when employees are working remotely. This is key to preventing security breaches.
Consistent experiences are crucial
Companies already have many of the basics in place to enable a remote workforce but they need to have measures in place to protect their employees and customers data and their brand. The remote workforce opens up huge opportunities for inconsistencies and uncertainty which need to be limited during a pandemic when consistency provides the familiarity customers are seeking. As such the customer experience has to be nurtured at this time and employees need to be empowered to continue to deliver on-brand experiences wherever they may be working from.
Here is the original post:
How Safe is Your Brand in the Hands of a Remote Workforce? - Techfinancials.co.za
- Show me who bans TikTok and I'll show you your (future) allies | TheHill - The Hill - September 27th, 2020
- Lokibot keylogger infections are growing across the internet - Komando - September 27th, 2020
- Evasive Malware Threats on the Rise Despite Decline in Overall Attacks - Infosecurity Magazine - September 27th, 2020
- Internet of Things Security Market size, development, key opportunity, application and forecast to 2026 | Check Point Security Software Technologies,... - September 27th, 2020
- Fears mount over Russian and Chinese hackers targeting the 2020 U.S. presidential election - CNBC - September 27th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security market to Witness Increase in Revenues by 2016-2028 - Crypto Daily - September 27th, 2020
- How to leave no trace on the internet when using a VPN? - Techiexpert.com - TechiExpert.com - September 27th, 2020
- 2020 Demand In Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market By Key Types, Regions, Countries, Top Companies Competition, Consumers, Import-Export Forecast... - September 27th, 2020
- How the Pandemic Pushed a Generation of Americans to Discover the Perks (and Risks) of Online Banking - NextAdvisor - September 27th, 2020
- IT Security-as-a-Service Market 2020 By Manufacturers, Regions, Type And Application, Forecast To 2025| Blue Coat, Cisco, IBM, Intel Security,... - September 27th, 2020
- APT groups actively target Linux-based workstations and servers - Backend News - September 27th, 2020
- Critical steps for securing cyberspace - Microsoft on the Issues - Microsoft - September 27th, 2020
- Proven ways to stay ahead of configuration drift - ITProPortal - September 27th, 2020
- Global Embedded Security For Internet Of Things Market 2020 Trends Analysis and (COVID-19) Effect Analysis | Key Players Market With COVID-19 Impact... - September 27th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Technology Market 2020: Potential growth, attractive valuation make it is a long-term investment | Know the COVID19... - September 27th, 2020
- REMOTE WORKING: PROGRESS AND PERILS - Forbes Africa - September 27th, 2020
- Avoid scam 'DMV' websites | Sedona.Biz - The Internet Voice of Sedona and The Verde Valley - Sedona.biz - September 27th, 2020
- Get In Depth Analysis Of How Covid-19 Is Impacting The Internet Security Software Market - The Daily Chronicle - September 12th, 2020
- Better late than never: Zoom boosts security with 2FA - Verdict - September 12th, 2020
- Show and Tell: The Gryphon Tower Mesh Wi-Fi Security Router - Grit Daily - September 12th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market 2020 Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Opportunities, Drivers, Outlook, Analysis And Forecast To 2028 -... - September 12th, 2020
- Ensuring cyber awareness in the healthcare sector - Help Net Security - September 12th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Size, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies and Forecast by 2026 - The Daily Chronicle - September 12th, 2020
- Internet of Things Security Market, Share, Growth, Trends And Forecast To 2027: Dataintelo - Scientect - September 12th, 2020
- Kaspersky: 37% of internet users in SEA think they won't be targeted by cybercriminals - SoyaCincau.com - September 12th, 2020
- TikTok and WeChat may raise security concerns, but Trump's knee-jerk reaction isn't the way to deal with them - NewsChannel 3-12 - KEYT - September 12th, 2020
- Helping companies prioritize their cybersecurity investments - MIT News - September 6th, 2020
- Rapid7 NICER - starting a conversation on internet security | Company Report - FinTech Magazine - The FinTech & InsurTech Platform - September 6th, 2020
- Kansans are getting letters saying they applied for unemployment. The problem? Some never did. - Pittsburg Morning Sun - September 6th, 2020
- Embedded Security For Internet Of Things Market 2025 Opportunities, Applications, Drivers, Limitations, Companies, Countries, & Forecast - Express... - September 6th, 2020
- Why should you use a VPN on your iPhone and Mac? - Cult of Mac - September 6th, 2020
- 'No longer safe in their classroom:' NHCS remote-learning session hacked, sexualized profanity used - Port City Daily - September 6th, 2020
- How Romania is Solving Technology and Poverty Disparities - Borgen Project - September 6th, 2020
- How government is delivering better election security - GCN.com - September 6th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Report: Regional Data Analysis By Production, Revenue, Price And Gross Margin - Kewaskum Statesman News... - September 6th, 2020
- What is the quantum internet? Everything you need to know about the weird future of quantum networks - ZDNet - September 6th, 2020
- How automation testing stays crucial to the future of Internet of Things (IoT) - Latest Digital Transformation Trends | Cloud News - Wire19 - September 6th, 2020
- One of the largest internet outages ever recorded occurred this weekend - TechRadar - September 6th, 2020
- A third of companies are exposing unsafe network services to the internet - BetaNews - September 6th, 2020
- Meet The New Anonymous100 Million BTS ARMY And K-Pop Stans, A Cyber Threat To Be Reckoned With - Forbes - September 6th, 2020
- Is Wall Street winning in China? - The Economist - September 6th, 2020
- 60 Seconds In Cybersecurity: Heres What Happens In Just One Malicious Internet Minute - Forbes - August 28th, 2020
- Research Report prospects the Internet Security Software Market - Owned - August 28th, 2020
- Cyber Security Market to Benefit from Increasing Application of AI and IoT Technologies - GlobeNewswire - August 28th, 2020
- Hackers are exploiting the 'Internet of Things' - ITProPortal - August 28th, 2020
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection Market Will Generate New Growth Opportunities in the next upcoming year - The Daily Chronicle - August 28th, 2020
- IT Security Market to Remain Competitive | Major Giants Continuously Expanding Market - The News Brok - August 28th, 2020
- Internet Of Things Iot Security Market : Global Industry Analysis And Opportunity Assessment 2026 Cisco Systems, Inc., Ibm Corporation, Intel... - August 28th, 2020
- Click Fraud Risk as Smartphone Is Discovered with Pre-Installed Malware - Infosecurity Magazine - August 28th, 2020
- The ability to hear, be heard and be understood is vital The importance of audio communication devices in security - IFSEC Global - August 28th, 2020
- Wrap your ears around Episode 451 of the Two Blokes Talking Tech podcast - Tech Guide - August 28th, 2020
- Taking stock of the Chinese factor in American elections - Arab News - August 28th, 2020
- How to choose and set up a business VPN - TechRadar - August 28th, 2020
- Internet Grows to 370.1 Million Domain Name Registrations at the End of the Second Quarter of 2020 - Social News XYZ - August 28th, 2020
- Internet of Things Security Market Analysis by Size, Share, Growth, Latest Innovation, Trends and Forecast 2019 2025 - Scientect - August 28th, 2020
- The TikTok Ban Should Worry Every Company - Harvard Business Review - August 28th, 2020
- TLS and VPN Flaws Offer Most Pen Tester Access - Infosecurity Magazine - August 28th, 2020
- The Center for Internet Security (CIS) Use Cases and Cost Justification - Security Boulevard - August 10th, 2020
- Peering into the Future of Sino-Russian Cyber Security Cooperation - War on the Rocks - August 10th, 2020
- Internet of Things Security Industry Market Sales, Price, Revenue, Gross Margin and Industry Share 2020-2025 - Express Journal - August 10th, 2020
- Insights on the Cyber Security Global Market to 2028 - Featuring Dell Technologies, Fireeye & Fortinet Among Others - GlobeNewswire - August 10th, 2020
- So What Does Trump Have Against TikTok? - The New York Times - August 10th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Size, Development, Key Opportunity, Application & Forecast to 2025 - Chelanpress - August 10th, 2020
- Someone just dumped 20GB of internal Intel data on the Internet - TechSpot - August 10th, 2020
- Malaysia Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Size, Global Future Trend, Segmentation, Business Growth, Top Key Players, Opportunities and... - August 10th, 2020
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market 2020 Competitive Analysis Cisco Systems, Intel Corporation, IBM Corporation - Owned - August 10th, 2020
- Common Internet of Things security pitfalls Urgent Comms - Urgent Communications - July 29th, 2020
- US starts work on making virtually unhackable internet a reality; All you need to know about Quantum Internet - The Financial Express - July 29th, 2020
- Internet Of Everything (IoE) Market Growth Analysis By Manufacturers, Regions, Types and Application Forecast - Market Research Posts - July 29th, 2020
- What are you giving away on social media? | IT PRO - IT PRO - July 29th, 2020
- Explained: Why is spyware, stalkerware gaining traction during the pandemic? - The Indian Express - July 29th, 2020
- Are we seeing the beginnings of an Indian internet? - Deccan Herald - July 29th, 2020
- What the Tech? Check Your Internet Security When Working from Home - Alabama News Network - July 27th, 2020
- Security of the internet is improving, but there is work to be done - Security Magazine - July 27th, 2020
- Outlook on the Internet Security Software Market to 2025 by Application, End-user and Geography - CueReport - July 27th, 2020
- U.S. Government Says Its Building A Virtually Unhackable Quantum Internet - Forbes - July 27th, 2020
- Amid 'heightened tensions,' US government issues warning to critical infrastructure providers - Utility Dive - July 27th, 2020
- The global Internet of Things (IoT) security market size is expected to grow from USD 12.5 billion in 2020 to USD 36.6 billion by 2025, at a Compound... - July 27th, 2020
- WISeKey to Showcase its Cybersecurity Solutions for Artificial Intelligence Used in Drones and Robots at SIDO 2020 - GlobeNewswire - July 27th, 2020
- Various Politicians, Companies, And Activists Are Targeted By A Secretive Industry - See How India Has Become A Hire-for-hack Place For Other... - July 27th, 2020