Today, its hard to imagine life without computers & internet, more and more people are storing some of their most valuable information in digital format, even online. So, it is even harder to imagine living a digital life without the protection of internet security software.
However, there are a number of internet security vendors providing various kinds of services from separate protection such as password management, traffic firewall or log analysis, to all-in-one security suite, plus some technical stuff like conflicts and compatibility, finding specific, helpful and correct information of the perfect protection you need can be really difficult.
Our goal is to educate you on exactly how to choose the best security protection for you, and to explain the pros and cons. We will provide some test results by some authority sites and also share our user experience on several products of the leading internet security providers.
OUR TIPS: Read Our Reviews, and have a free trial by yourself before you pay to see if you are liking it and if it works fine with the other software running in your system.
For ordinary user, we always recommend internet security suite, which provides all-around protection. One may think a good antivirus software is enough but viruses are far from the only threat your PC faces. There are hackers, scammers & advertisers who are seeking to spy on you, scam you or make use of your personal information to make money. There are also threats from spyware, adware and other malwares. This is why you need a full security suite.
Good internet security software suites offer additional protection besides antivirus, such as firewalls, HIPS features, warnings about phishing sites, and sandbox environments, etc. Someproducts such asBitdefender Internet Security 2016is even integrated with functionality of password management.Another reason to choose a security suite is that there is only small differences in prices betweenantivirus software & internet security suites, it makes sense to pay a little more for the more comprehensive protection features. And in most cases, top security vendors usually offer bigger discounts for new launched internet security products to grab more market share. For instance,Kaspersky Internet Security 2016costs the same with Anti-Virus 2016 now with $20 off. And in a 50% crazy promotion ofBitdefender Internet Security Suite 2016is even cheaper than its Anti-Virus product.
Our expertise team have reviewed some of the most highly famed and awarded internet security software products based on authority tests & ratings, pros and cons, help & support, customer reviews, complaints, and more, to elaborately select the best of the best for users who are seeking the perfect cyber security & privacy.
Top 3 Internet Security Suites Reviewed
Among the various features a security product may have, we value the following 3 most, that is:
Defense performance of security products are measurements of how well they perform their key task: protecting against hackers & all kinds of malware, and can be evaluated in
(1) File Detection
A good file detection rate is always one of the most important, deterministic & reliable basic features of an anti-virus products. Best internet security software should have a very high detection rate as well as a very low false alarm (false positive) rate.
In the famous third-partyAV-ComparativesTest 2014,Kasperskyranked #1 with 99.8% detection accuracy,F-Secureranked #2 with 99.6% accuracy, whileBitdefenderranked #3 with 99.5% accuracy when detecting 125977 malware samples collected up to the 21st, February 2014.
What is impressive is Bitdefender also has a very low false alarm rate (only 3 false positive samples). Kaspersky has 9 false positive samples, which is a little higher, but also good considering its super high detection rate.
Nowadays, firewall is a necessary module of all internet security suites since it is almost impossible to find a computer that has no connection to the internet.In AV-Comparatives Test 2015, experiments are conducted to evaluate firewalls of top security products in both private and public network environment, expecting they can block connections such as Ping, file sharing and remote desktop in public network, while allow these connection requests in private network.
As a result, only 5 products react 100% correctly in these tests, Bitdefender, Kaspersky & F-Secure are among those best ones.
Our TIPS: Though windows firewall performs very well in these tests, we still strongly suggest use a good third-party firewall because windows firewall does not restrict outbound connections by default and hard to be configured properly.
Our TIPS: There are some famous free firewall, such like Comodo, which has achieved impressive performance in AV-TEST, but it is too complicated for ordinary users. So, we only suggest users with related technical background consider Comodo.
(3) Procative Defense
Many new malware samples appear every day, so it is very important for antivirus products not only provide new updates, as frequently and as quickly as possible, but also that they are able to detect such threats in advance with generic/heuristic techniques.
Proactive Defense is just the ability to act in advance to oppose an attack against computers and networks, rather than scan & repair after your computer has been compromised. It has become a very effective way to deal with new virus or other security threats that has not yet been seen and learned by anti-virus programs, the so called zero-day-malware-attack. Proactive defense is one of the most featured module of Bitdefender, in the famous Proactive/Behavioral Test 2014 by AV-Comparatives, which used 1,200 new unique and very prevalent malware samples that appeared for the first time shortly after the freezing date,Bitdefenderranked #1, Kaspersky ranked #2, while F-Secure ranked #4.
(4) Real World Protection Test
The performance recorded in the real-world protection test are particularly important because they show how good the protection packages are against all possible & relevant kinds of malicious websites/malware threats that are currently out there, presenting risks to ordinary users, which isjust like a real-world threat simulation. This is usually seen as an overall test because allprotections features of the product can be used to prevent infections.
In the worlds most famed AV-Comparatives Whole Product Dynamic Real-World Protection Test in 2015, the 3 products we recommend both get very high score, as illustrated in the graph below.
And in the German-basedAV-Test, one of the most respected third-party test labs, 25 internet security software are put to the overall ability test using windows 8.1.Only two packageswere able to scorethe maximum total of 18 points, namely the solutions fromBitdefender and Kaspersky Lab,another product we prefer F-Securescored 16.5, #4 in the ranking. The best free protection package couldnt manage any higher than 5th place.
OUR TIPS: You may also noticeAvira Internet Security, an award winning software from German Digital-Security Company, is extremely eye-catching in some of the above tests. We do think highly of Avira, but we are trying to recommend the top 3 security software for our readers, if there is a place for #4, we will recommend Avira for sure.
2. Impact to system
To give our computer systems full protection, security programs need to load on systems at a very early stage, and keep running as daemon services. Some features like standard file scanners or on-access scanners take up considerable resources when running. A good security product should not bring too much impact to the original system at the same time when it is providing excellent protection.
To evaluate the impact of the security products to system, the following activities were performed under an up-to-date Windows 8.1 64-Bit system:
The overall impact scores (the lower, the better) are shown below, Bitdefender & Kaspersky are still the top ones (1.2), F-Secure (10.2) is also acceptable as its impact score is comparative to Windows Defender.
OUR TIPS: We suggest consider the defense performance of each security products at the first place. As for system impact, products with scores under 12 are all acceptable.
3. Help & Support
When it comes to computer, there are lots of technical stuff to be handled, not to mention security related problems. Sothe best-performing internet security suites should also provide the best level help & support to their customers. We recommend the top 3 internet security products because they all meet the following 5 criteria:
1) Bitdefender Click herefor our full review.
2) Kaspersky Click herefor our full review.
3) F-Secure Click Herefor our full review.
We encourage you to download trial versions of the 3 internet security suites we reviewed and run them on your own systems for at least one week to compare the above security products on your own, also to test if they are compatible with your existing system & software.
We have provided our reviews as a basis, to help you make an informed decision. We have reached the conclusion thatBitdefender Internet Securityshows a distinct lead when closely compared to the others. Bitdefender provides #1 protection with affordable low price, and has the best reviews by a large margin. Now with thebig 50% off promotion, you can have your PC protected by the world #1 security suite atonly $24.97.
Read the original:
Top 3 Internet Security Software Suites Reviews ...
- Voice recordings from domestic violence alerting app exposed on the internet - Security Boulevard - June 30th, 2020
- The lack of women in cybersecurity puts us all at greater risk - The Next Web - June 30th, 2020
- Cascading Security Through the Internet of Things Supply Chain - Lawfare - June 30th, 2020
- How to Build the Right Security Assessment - Security Boulevard - June 30th, 2020
- Apple may have just changed a key part of how the internet works - TechRadar - June 30th, 2020
- Indians most concerned about identity theft - Fortune India - June 30th, 2020
- Deeper Connect Mini: Decentralized, Private and Secure Internet for the People, launching June 30th on Indiegogo. - Yahoo Finance - June 30th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security: Technologies and Global Markets - Yahoo Finance - June 30th, 2020
- Could Donald Trump claim a national security threat to shut down the internet? - Brookings Institution - June 30th, 2020
- Internet of Things Security Market Strategic Insights 2020 with analysis of Leading players: Check Point Security Software Technologies, Cisco... - June 30th, 2020
- Global IT Security Market is accounted for xx USD million in 2019 and is expected to reach xx USD million by 2025 growing at a CAGR of xx% : Blue... - June 30th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Size, Share, Growth, Revenue, Global Industry Analysis and Future Demand |Globalmarketers.biz - Cole of Duty - June 30th, 2020
- Surge in encrypted malware prompts warning about detection strategies - SecurityBrief Europe - June 30th, 2020
- NexTech AR to supply its video conferencing and virtual events platform to Dallas Independent School District - Proactive Investors UK - June 30th, 2020
- Dutch people are least concerned about safety, survey reveals - IamExpat in the Netherlands - June 30th, 2020
- Only 31% of Americans concerned with data security, despite 400% rise in cyberattacks - TechRepublic - June 24th, 2020
- WatchGuard Technologies Report Finds Two-Thirds of Malware is Encrypted, Invisible Without HTTPS Inspection - GlobeNewswire - June 24th, 2020
- How To Turn Off Firewall In Windows And Mac - Ubergizmo - June 24th, 2020
- OTF's Work Is Vital for a Free and Open Internet - EFF - June 24th, 2020
- Microsoft acquires CyberX to bolster Azure IoT security - Internet of Things News - IoT Tech News - June 24th, 2020
- Partner Content: ESET and Spire Technology on why you need a Password Manager - PCR-online.biz - June 24th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market to Witness Robust Expansion Throughout the Forecast Period 2020 2025 - 3rd Watch News - June 24th, 2020
- Google is on a mission to stop you from reusing passwords - The Verge - June 24th, 2020
- Marking the 30th Anniversary of the Internet and Cybersecurity Treaty - CircleID - June 24th, 2020
- The Cyberlaw Podcast: Using the Internet to Cause Emotional Distress is a Felony? - Lawfare - June 24th, 2020
- DDoS Protection Market 2020 | How The Industry Will Witness Substantial Growth In The Upcoming Years | Exclusive Report By MRE - Cole of Duty - June 24th, 2020
- Julian Assange Extradition and the Freedom of Bitcoin Bitcoin... - Bitcoin Magazine - June 24th, 2020
- How to become a web developer? - The Tribune - June 24th, 2020
- Frost & Sullivan Report Finds BlackBerry Solutions Address 96% of the Enterprise Threat Landscape - PRNewswire - June 24th, 2020
- EAC to evaluate testing and certification of non-voting equipment - Politico - June 24th, 2020
- Global IT Security Spending Market Projected to Reach USD XX.XX billion by 2025- Check Point Software Technologies, Cisco Systems, EMC, Fortinet,... - June 24th, 2020
- OPAQ Webinar to Share Lessons Learned and Best Practices from Zero Trust Migration Project with TTX Company - Business Wire - June 24th, 2020
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) Security Technology Market 2020 Analysis, Types, Applications, Forecast and COVID-19 Impact Analysis 2025 - NJ MMA... - June 24th, 2020
- Put Your Risk on Mute: Using PKI to Simplify Remote Workforce Security - Hashed Out by The SSL Store - Hashed Out by The SSL Store - June 24th, 2020
- NetNumber Expands Industry Recognized Signaling Firewall to Protect SIP Connections - GlobeNewswire - June 24th, 2020
- How to fight back against Covid-19 scams - Global Banking And Finance Review - June 24th, 2020
- What Will The Crypto Market Look Like In A Post COVID-19 Economy? | Coin Insider - Coin Insider - June 24th, 2020
- US: Congress Should Back Open Technology Fund - Human Rights Watch - June 21st, 2020
- David Pratt: Will the next global pandemic take place online? - The National - June 21st, 2020
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) Security Industry Market Insights, Opportunity, Analysis, Market Shares & Forecast 2020 2027 - 3rd Watch News - June 21st, 2020
- Facial recognition to play key role in travel reopening as biometrics industry weighs social responsibility - Biometric Update - June 21st, 2020
- 'IT Act does not protect freedom of speech' - The Sunday Guardian - June 21st, 2020
- In Depth Analysis and Survey of COVID-19 Pandemic Impact on Global Distributed Denial Of Service (DDoS) Protection Market 2020 Key Players A10... - June 21st, 2020
- Cyber Liability Insurance Market (USD 4.6 Billion) Will Grow At A CAGR of 11.12% During Forecast Period 2020-2025 (Impact Analysis of COVID-19) - 3rd... - June 21st, 2020
- Internet of Things Security Market research report presents a thorough study on the overall market by Application Forecast To 2020 - Surfacing... - June 21st, 2020
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) Security Product Market 2020 SWOT Analysis & Key Business Strategies by Leading Industry Players and Forecast 2025... - June 21st, 2020
- Knoxville still quiet on ransomware attack and what's being done to fix it - Knoxville News Sentinel - June 21st, 2020
- Indias digital workforce needs secure software. Testing, not banning apps, is the answer - ThePrint - June 21st, 2020
- Bolton book can be released, but conduct 'raises grave national security concerns' - ABC News - June 21st, 2020
- Broadband Connection Disconnected: Things You Can Do To Fix It - TelecomTalk - June 21st, 2020
- Former Google CEO Eric Schmidt says there's 'no question' Huawei routed data to Beijing - CNBC - June 21st, 2020
- Dating Apps Exposed 845 GB of Explicit Photos, Chats, and More - WIRED - June 21st, 2020
- Internet Security Software Market: Qualitative Analysis of the Leading Players - News by aeresearch - June 11th, 2020
- Global Internet Security Market 2020 by Manufacturers, Size, Development Analysis, Applications and Forecast to 2025 - Cole of Duty - June 11th, 2020
- Internet Security Software Market 2019 Break Down by Top Companies, Countries, Applications, Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast 2026 - Cole of... - June 11th, 2020
- Internet Security Software Market Impact Of Covid-19 And Benchmarking. - Personal Injury Bureau UK - June 11th, 2020
- Drivers is Responsible to for Increasing Internet Security Software Market Share, Forecast 2027 - Cole of Duty - June 11th, 2020
- Webroot Internet Security with Antivirus Protection Software | 3 Device | 1 Year Subscription | PC Download - The Report - June 11th, 2020
- Endpoint Security Market to Cross US$ 10,026 MN by 2026, Growing Adoption of Work from Home Services to Favor Growth: Fortune Business Insights -... - June 11th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market 2019 Break Down by Top Companies, Countries, Applications, Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast 2026 - Cole... - June 11th, 2020
- Yukon's Gurdeep Pandher tries to spread some joy on social media - Lindsay Advocate - June 11th, 2020
- Microsoft Windows users in UAE advised to install security updates - Khaleej Times - June 11th, 2020
- Clear guidelines for remote work will boost security and control access - TechRepublic - June 5th, 2020
- Mozilla Funds Meething to Help Fix the Internet - GlobeNewswire - June 5th, 2020
- The Internet of Bodies is here. This is how it will change our lives - World Economic Forum - June 5th, 2020
- Crowdstrike CEO explains how the future of remote work and security will look - CNBC - June 5th, 2020
- Mocana Recognized as Industry Leader in Cybersecurity and the Industrial Internet of Things - GlobeNewswire - June 5th, 2020
- SC Awards Europe 2020 - CISO/CSO of the Year - SC Magazine UK - June 5th, 2020
- Spike in cryptojacking attempts on devices here, says cyber-security firm - The Straits Times - June 5th, 2020
- The impact of spycraft on how we secure our data - ComputerWeekly.com - June 5th, 2020
- 4 Common Online Frauds That You Need to Know - Techjaja - June 5th, 2020
- This $350 "Anti-5G" Device Is Apparently Just a USB Stick - WIRED - June 5th, 2020
- Cloud DDoS Mitigation Software Market Potential Growth, Share, Demand And Analysis Of Key Players- Analysis Forecasts To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 5th, 2020
- India wants to be a 'partner of the global economy' in its manufacturing push, minister says - CNBC - June 5th, 2020
- Amid the COVID-19 crisis and the looming economic recession, the Web Content Filtering market worldwide will grow by a projected US$3 Billion, during... - June 5th, 2020
- Mozilla VP of IT: How to stay secure while remote working - BusinessCloud - June 5th, 2020
- 6 ways to delete yourself from the internet - CNET - June 5th, 2020
- Is COVID-19 Making the Internet Sick? - Government Technology - May 27th, 2020
- Thanks to Physics, This Chocolate Is Iridescentand Safe to Eat - Smithsonian.com - May 27th, 2020
- $100 million in bounties paid by HackerOne to ethical hackers - BleepingComputer - May 27th, 2020