Today, its hard to imagine life without computers & internet, more and more people are storing some of their most valuable information in digital format, even online. So, it is even harder to imagine living a digital life without the protection of internet security software.
However, there are a number of internet security vendors providing various kinds of services from separate protection such as password management, traffic firewall or log analysis, to all-in-one security suite, plus some technical stuff like conflicts and compatibility, finding specific, helpful and correct information of the perfect protection you need can be really difficult.
Our goal is to educate you on exactly how to choose the best security protection for you, and to explain the pros and cons. We will provide some test results by some authority sites and also share our user experience on several products of the leading internet security providers.
OUR TIPS: Read Our Reviews, and have a free trial by yourself before you pay to see if you are liking it and if it works fine with the other software running in your system.
For ordinary user, we always recommend internet security suite, which provides all-around protection. One may think a good antivirus software is enough but viruses are far from the only threat your PC faces. There are hackers, scammers & advertisers who are seeking to spy on you, scam you or make use of your personal information to make money. There are also threats from spyware, adware and other malwares. This is why you need a full security suite.
Good internet security software suites offer additional protection besides antivirus, such as firewalls, HIPS features, warnings about phishing sites, and sandbox environments, etc. Someproducts such asBitdefender Internet Security 2016is even integrated with functionality of password management.Another reason to choose a security suite is that there is only small differences in prices betweenantivirus software & internet security suites, it makes sense to pay a little more for the more comprehensive protection features. And in most cases, top security vendors usually offer bigger discounts for new launched internet security products to grab more market share. For instance,Kaspersky Internet Security 2016costs the same with Anti-Virus 2016 now with $20 off. And in a 50% crazy promotion ofBitdefender Internet Security Suite 2016is even cheaper than its Anti-Virus product.
Our expertise team have reviewed some of the most highly famed and awarded internet security software products based on authority tests & ratings, pros and cons, help & support, customer reviews, complaints, and more, to elaborately select the best of the best for users who are seeking the perfect cyber security & privacy.
Top 3 Internet Security Suites Reviewed
Among the various features a security product may have, we value the following 3 most, that is:
Defense performance of security products are measurements of how well they perform their key task: protecting against hackers & all kinds of malware, and can be evaluated in
(1) File Detection
A good file detection rate is always one of the most important, deterministic & reliable basic features of an anti-virus products. Best internet security software should have a very high detection rate as well as a very low false alarm (false positive) rate.
In the famous third-partyAV-ComparativesTest 2014,Kasperskyranked #1 with 99.8% detection accuracy,F-Secureranked #2 with 99.6% accuracy, whileBitdefenderranked #3 with 99.5% accuracy when detecting 125977 malware samples collected up to the 21st, February 2014.
What is impressive is Bitdefender also has a very low false alarm rate (only 3 false positive samples). Kaspersky has 9 false positive samples, which is a little higher, but also good considering its super high detection rate.
Nowadays, firewall is a necessary module of all internet security suites since it is almost impossible to find a computer that has no connection to the internet.In AV-Comparatives Test 2015, experiments are conducted to evaluate firewalls of top security products in both private and public network environment, expecting they can block connections such as Ping, file sharing and remote desktop in public network, while allow these connection requests in private network.
As a result, only 5 products react 100% correctly in these tests, Bitdefender, Kaspersky & F-Secure are among those best ones.
Our TIPS: Though windows firewall performs very well in these tests, we still strongly suggest use a good third-party firewall because windows firewall does not restrict outbound connections by default and hard to be configured properly.
Our TIPS: There are some famous free firewall, such like Comodo, which has achieved impressive performance in AV-TEST, but it is too complicated for ordinary users. So, we only suggest users with related technical background consider Comodo.
(3) Procative Defense
Many new malware samples appear every day, so it is very important for antivirus products not only provide new updates, as frequently and as quickly as possible, but also that they are able to detect such threats in advance with generic/heuristic techniques.
Proactive Defense is just the ability to act in advance to oppose an attack against computers and networks, rather than scan & repair after your computer has been compromised. It has become a very effective way to deal with new virus or other security threats that has not yet been seen and learned by anti-virus programs, the so called zero-day-malware-attack. Proactive defense is one of the most featured module of Bitdefender, in the famous Proactive/Behavioral Test 2014 by AV-Comparatives, which used 1,200 new unique and very prevalent malware samples that appeared for the first time shortly after the freezing date,Bitdefenderranked #1, Kaspersky ranked #2, while F-Secure ranked #4.
(4) Real World Protection Test
The performance recorded in the real-world protection test are particularly important because they show how good the protection packages are against all possible & relevant kinds of malicious websites/malware threats that are currently out there, presenting risks to ordinary users, which isjust like a real-world threat simulation. This is usually seen as an overall test because allprotections features of the product can be used to prevent infections.
In the worlds most famed AV-Comparatives Whole Product Dynamic Real-World Protection Test in 2015, the 3 products we recommend both get very high score, as illustrated in the graph below.
And in the German-basedAV-Test, one of the most respected third-party test labs, 25 internet security software are put to the overall ability test using windows 8.1.Only two packageswere able to scorethe maximum total of 18 points, namely the solutions fromBitdefender and Kaspersky Lab,another product we prefer F-Securescored 16.5, #4 in the ranking. The best free protection package couldnt manage any higher than 5th place.
OUR TIPS: You may also noticeAvira Internet Security, an award winning software from German Digital-Security Company, is extremely eye-catching in some of the above tests. We do think highly of Avira, but we are trying to recommend the top 3 security software for our readers, if there is a place for #4, we will recommend Avira for sure.
2. Impact to system
To give our computer systems full protection, security programs need to load on systems at a very early stage, and keep running as daemon services. Some features like standard file scanners or on-access scanners take up considerable resources when running. A good security product should not bring too much impact to the original system at the same time when it is providing excellent protection.
To evaluate the impact of the security products to system, the following activities were performed under an up-to-date Windows 8.1 64-Bit system:
The overall impact scores (the lower, the better) are shown below, Bitdefender & Kaspersky are still the top ones (1.2), F-Secure (10.2) is also acceptable as its impact score is comparative to Windows Defender.
OUR TIPS: We suggest consider the defense performance of each security products at the first place. As for system impact, products with scores under 12 are all acceptable.
3. Help & Support
When it comes to computer, there are lots of technical stuff to be handled, not to mention security related problems. Sothe best-performing internet security suites should also provide the best level help & support to their customers. We recommend the top 3 internet security products because they all meet the following 5 criteria:
1) Bitdefender Click herefor our full review.
2) Kaspersky Click herefor our full review.
3) F-Secure Click Herefor our full review.
We encourage you to download trial versions of the 3 internet security suites we reviewed and run them on your own systems for at least one week to compare the above security products on your own, also to test if they are compatible with your existing system & software.
We have provided our reviews as a basis, to help you make an informed decision. We have reached the conclusion thatBitdefender Internet Securityshows a distinct lead when closely compared to the others. Bitdefender provides #1 protection with affordable low price, and has the best reviews by a large margin. Now with thebig 50% off promotion, you can have your PC protected by the world #1 security suite atonly $24.97.
Read the original:
Top 3 Internet Security Software Suites Reviews ...
- Securing Your Wireless Network | FTC Consumer Information - October 14th, 2019
- Amazon.com: Kaspersky Internet Security | 1 Device | 1 ... - October 1st, 2019
- Download ESET Internet Security | ESET - September 30th, 2019
- VPN Publishes Forbes Internet Security Guide for Law Firms - September 18th, 2019
- Avast Internet Security 2019 v19.7.2388 Activation Code ... - September 18th, 2019
- Trend Micro - Simply Security News, Views and Opinions from ... - May 30th, 2019
- Kaspersky Internet Security - Wikipedia - May 13th, 2019
- Anti-Virus Web Protection & Spyware Removal | StopSign ... - May 13th, 2019
- Internet security Great-West Life - ssl.grsaccess.com - March 22nd, 2019
- Download COMODO Internet Security 220.127.116.1144 - softpedia.com - January 31st, 2019
- Avast Internet Security Review 2018 - We Hate Malware - November 8th, 2018
- Security Packages | High-Speed Internet | Windstream - November 8th, 2018
- Antivirus vs Internet Security [Security Software Comparison] - November 8th, 2018
- Internet Security Lectures by Prabhaker Mateti - November 8th, 2018
- Vipre Internet Security 2016 Free Download - Softlay - November 8th, 2018
- Internet security software Reviews 2018 - Compared & Reviewed - November 2nd, 2018
- Exhibit A - Internet Security Requirements - November 2nd, 2018
- CIS Benchmarks - Center for Internet Security - November 2nd, 2018
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 Crack + License Key [Latest] - October 12th, 2018
- Zillya! Internet Security | Best Security Solution for Active ... - October 12th, 2018
- Download Norton Internet Security 18.104.22.168 - softpedia.com - October 9th, 2018
- Avast Internet Security 2018 Activation Code, Serial Key Till ... - October 9th, 2018
- Download Avast Internet Security 18.6.2349 Build 18.6.3983 ... - October 9th, 2018
- Download McAfee Internet Security 19.0 Build 19.0.4016 - October 3rd, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2018 Free Download - FileHippo - October 3rd, 2018
- Internet Security - Quick Heal - October 3rd, 2018
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 v22.214.171.1248 | Software ... - October 3rd, 2018
- VIPRE Internet Security Review & Comparison - September 22nd, 2018
- Internet Security Suite | Verizon Internet - September 20th, 2018
- Antivirus Security Software & Internet Security - Newegg.com - September 19th, 2018
- Amazon Best Sellers: Best Internet Security Suites - September 7th, 2018
- Download Bitdefender Internet Security 2019 126.96.36.199 - August 24th, 2018
- Best (and Worst) Internet Security Software of 2018 for Windows - August 18th, 2018
- Amazon.com: Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 | 3 Device | 1 ... - August 8th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security - Free download and software reviews ... - August 3rd, 2018
- GRC | LeakTest -- Firewall Leakage Tester - July 26th, 2018
- Internet Security is an important part of Identity Theft ... - June 22nd, 2018
- V3 Internet Security | AhnLab - June 22nd, 2018
- Internet Security with Xfinity - Norton Security Online - June 17th, 2018
- Best Internet Security Software Compared - May 25th, 2018
- Computer and internet security software Chili Security - May 21st, 2018
- Internet Security Market Size, Share and Technology, 2021 - May 21st, 2018
- Center for Internet Security - Wikipedia - May 10th, 2018
- Download Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus & Internet ... - May 1st, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2018 review | Ultimate antivirus ... - April 29th, 2018
- The Internet Security Academy - SAHCOM Technologies LLP - April 27th, 2018
- These files can't be opened. Your Internet security ... - April 20th, 2018
- How to Uninstall Norton Internet Security: 12 Steps - April 20th, 2018
- Internet Security Software at Office Depot OfficeMax - April 19th, 2018
- Why is Internet security important? | Reference.com - March 26th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security Unlimited 2018 18.2.3827 20% OFF ... - March 25th, 2018
- Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security - Download - March 21st, 2018
- Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security ... - March 21st, 2018
- Why do I Need Internet Security - The High Tech Society - March 21st, 2018
- Cincinnati Bell - Other Services Support - March 21st, 2018
- Internet Security Essentials for Business 2.0 | U.S ... - March 21st, 2018
- ESET Internet Security 10.0.386.0 Crack + License Keys ... - March 21st, 2018
- Privacy and Security in the Internet Age | WIRED - March 19th, 2018
- News & Events | K9 Web Protection - Free Internet Filter ... - March 19th, 2018
- 10 Internet Security Programs (for Windows), Ranked Best ... - March 7th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2015 Free Download - getintopc.com - March 3rd, 2018
- McAfee Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - February 28th, 2018
- COMODO Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - January 30th, 2018
- Best Internet Security Software 2018 - The best rated ... - January 28th, 2018
- Comodo Antivirus - Best Virus Removal Software 2018 - January 13th, 2018
- ZoneAlarm Antivirus Software | Virus Protection & Firewall - January 13th, 2018
- What Is the Meaning of Internet Security? | Techwalla.com - January 12th, 2018
- Download Avast Internet Security 17.7.2314 - FileHippo.com - January 12th, 2018
- Vipre Antivirus VIPRE Internet Security - January 12th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2018 License Key With Crack Full Version - January 8th, 2018
- CA Internet Security Suite Plus - Download - December 27th, 2017
- Collaborative Security: An approach to tackling Internet ... - December 27th, 2017
- Norton Internet Security - Download - December 20th, 2017
- Best Internet Security 2017 - Total Security Software for ... - December 20th, 2017
- Get the Best Internet Security Software of 2016! - December 20th, 2017
- Internet Security Administrator: Job Description and Requirements - December 19th, 2017
- Top 10 Cheap Antivirus and Internet Security Protection for ... - December 19th, 2017
- Download AVG Internet Security Unlimited - FileHippo.com - December 19th, 2017
- Norton Internet Security - softpedia.com - December 19th, 2017
- Internet Security - Cisco - December 19th, 2017