This VPN post is presented by Surfshark.
Humans use the internet for almost everything. Thats hardly a revolutionary statement, but its crucial to keep in mind. From theater tickets to bank accounts, if we can have it all on one handheld device, why not do it? Its convenient and easy.
But with that convenience comes risks. Typically, humans adapt to new technology but so do criminals, shady corporations and marketing agencies looking to profit off as many internet users as possible.
Thats why virtual private networks (VPNs) have become popular. While the internet security product was initially created for corporations to protect their assets, demand eventually grew for everyday internet users. The market is ever-growing, and theres a VPN for everyone, whether you want a free or a premium product. One of the top-rated and affordable options is Surfshark a humanized VPN for anyone and everyone.
A VPN is like a virtual, high-speed pipeline that connects your device to a server in a distant place, making your online browsing private and encrypting your data in the process. While free VPN options exist, experts recommend premium VPNs for their stouter security and a broader range of features.
For a price as low as $1.99 per month (for a limited time), Surfshark encrypts all the internet traffic sent to and from your device, hides your IP address to make sure nobody can see what you do online, and blocks ads, trackers, malware and phishing attempts. Users also get great benefits, like access to 15-plus different Netflix libraries.
Apple products lead the market in terms of privacy and security features. Its something that the brand puts in the forefront. But to protect yourself online, you need additional help because any device connected to the internet can be at risk. Thats where a VPN comes in.
A VPN encrypts all your data and sends it to a VPN server. The data is then decrypted and sent to the destination (e.g., a website like YouTube). The process happens in milliseconds, but all the information sent to and from the VPN server remains undecipherable to onlookers.
VPN encryption makes you far less vulnerable to hackers looking for unprotected devices, especially those surfing online via public Wi-Fi. A VPN also can help you evade phishing and malware, which could result in stolen credentials or personal information, and ultimately identity theft.
In addition to such threats as identity theft, a VPN helps you avoid various forms of tracking, from advertisers to your internet service provider (ISP). When your data is encrypted, and youre assigned a different IP address, it becomes much harder to track you down.
It also helps you dodge price-discrimination practices, because theyre mostly based on your location and website cookies. Price discrimination is most prevalent in the travel industry. Prices rise and fall based on the country youre from or how many times youve clicked on a particular deal.
Geo-blocking affects every country in one way or another. But with a VPN, country borders are not a limit. Once you connect to a VPN, your IP address is different, which means a website youre trying to reach sees you in a different location than you actually are.
If a streaming service wont give you the goods where you are, connect to a VPN server where they are. All you have to do is open the app and click Connect on any server location you need. Access everything, from your favorite sports broadcast to another countrys Netflix library. Surfshark opens 15-plus different Netflix libraries.
Without geo-blocking, there are also smaller-scale website blocks. For example, there are network restrictions that you come across at work, school or a library. These institutions often block social media sites or other websites that they deem distracting.
What do you get when you join Surfshark?
Price: Free trial and premium options with prices as low as $1.99 per month (for a limited time). Surfshark also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it out for free.
Download from: Surfshark
- Network Security: Don't Trust And Verify - IT Jungle - October 23rd, 2020
- Akamai Reveals State of Internet: Threats to Retailers - Solutions Review - October 23rd, 2020
- Verisign Reports Third Quarter 2020 Results | Business | The Daily News - Galveston County Daily News - October 23rd, 2020
- Global Internet Security Software Market Analysis, Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Threats, Trends, Applications, And Growth Forecast To (2026). -... - October 23rd, 2020
- Nokia Threat Intelligence Report warns of rising cyberattacks on internet-connected devices - GlobeNewswire - October 23rd, 2020
- Cybersecurity and a potential Biden White House: Past tech priorities resurrected - SC Magazine - October 23rd, 2020
- Virgin Media has an important new feature, but switching it on will cost you - Express - October 23rd, 2020
- WISeKey and OpSec Security Partnership Establishes Trust Between Brands and their Customers through Improved Customer Engagement - GlobeNewswire - October 23rd, 2020
- Internet Of Things Iot Security Market Economic Perspective And Forecast To 2027 - PRnews Leader - October 23rd, 2020
- Why cybercriminals have 'Gone Vishing' during the COVID-19 Pandemic - Bdaily - October 23rd, 2020
- Insights on the Digital Security Control Global Market to 2027 - Strategic Recommendations for New Entrants - GlobeNewswire - October 17th, 2020
- More than 25% of Cypriots concerned about internet security - Cyprus Mail - October 17th, 2020
- 5 things you can do to secure your home office without hiring an expert - We Live Security - October 17th, 2020
- Beyond Speed and Reliability: Security Is a New Differentiator - Security Boulevard - October 17th, 2020
- Nationwide and Generali Global Assistance Partner to Enhance Identity Theft Protection - Insurance News Net - October 17th, 2020
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) Security Product Market 2020 Impact of COVID-19, Future Growth Analysis and Challenges | Cisco Systems, Inc, IBM... - October 17th, 2020
- Is BlackBerry (TSX:BB) Stock a Buy on the Latest News? - The Motley Fool Canada - October 17th, 2020
- Global Internet of Things or IoT Security Market to Reach $22 Billion+ Valuation by 2027, Largely Due to Blockchain Adoption - Crowdfund Insider - October 17th, 2020
- Internet Security Market with COVID-19 Recovery Analysis 2020 | Rapid Adoption of BYOD Policy to Boost Market Growth | Technavio - Business Wire - October 8th, 2020
- Tenable and the CIS Enter Partnership to Bolster Cyber Hygiene - AiThority - October 8th, 2020
- How to Build Smart Banks that Connect Customers with Modern DX - AiThority - October 8th, 2020
- #NCSAM: Is Connected Ever Going to be Protected? - Infosecurity Magazine - October 8th, 2020
- Cyber Security Awareness Month is here! - We Live Security - October 2nd, 2020
- Internet security Market Potential Growth, Size, Share, Demand and Analysis of Key Players Research Forecasts to 2027 - The Daily Chronicle - October 2nd, 2020
- Latest Report on Global Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Analysis, Growth, Opportunity and Regional Insights 2026 - The Daily Chronicle - October 2nd, 2020
- Remarks by Henrietta Fore, UNICEF Executive Director, at Security Council meeting on universal connectivity & access to digital technology in... - October 2nd, 2020
- Lessons learned from firsthand experience on how to avoid internet fraud and other forms of cyberattacks (opinion) - Inside Higher Ed - October 2nd, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: Global Internet Security Audit Market is Expected to Grow at a Healthy CAGR with Top players: Symantec, Intel Security, IBM, Cisco,... - October 2nd, 2020
- Internet Security Market 2020: Potential growth, attractive valuation make it is a long-term investment | Know the COVID19 Impact | Top Players: HPE,... - September 30th, 2020
- The Top Internet of Things (IoT) Authentication Methods and Options - Security Boulevard - September 30th, 2020
- How Trusted Internet Connections Is Focusing Telework with TIC 3.0 - FedTech Magazine - September 30th, 2020
- Is your business looking for an extra layer of security - here's why a VPN may be the answer - TechRadar - September 30th, 2020
- A business connected to the cloud needs cloud-ready security, connectivity - Techgoondu - September 30th, 2020
- The 6 key races you haven't heard of that may help decide how we secure our elections - POLITICO - September 30th, 2020
- Get In Depth Analysis Of How Covid-19 Is Impacting The Internet Security Software Market - Unica News - September 30th, 2020
- Study finds over 4-in-10 WFH employees in SEA find it hard to switch-off after work - Backend News - September 30th, 2020
- 5 Ways to Secure Your Home Network - The Good Men Project - September 29th, 2020
- How To Make Peace With Your Internet Passwords - Forbes - September 29th, 2020
- Five Types of Cyber Security for Organizational Safety - Analytics Insight - September 29th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Competitive Research and Precise Outlook 2020 to 2027 - The Daily Chronicle - September 29th, 2020
- IT Security Spending Market Analysis highlights the Impact of covid-19 (2020-2026) | Check Point Software Technologies, Cisco Systems, EMC, Fortinet,... - September 29th, 2020
- Schrdingers Web offers a sneak peek at the quantum internet - Science News - September 29th, 2020
- Counter-Terrorism: Raiders Of The Lost Cache - Strategy Page - September 29th, 2020
- Trending 2020: Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Analysis, Size, Trends and Forecast to 2025| Cisco Systems, Intel Corporation, IBM Corporation... - September 29th, 2020
- IoT coffee machine hacked to demand ransom - IT PRO - September 29th, 2020
- Show me who bans TikTok and I'll show you your (future) allies | TheHill - The Hill - September 27th, 2020
- Lokibot keylogger infections are growing across the internet - Komando - September 27th, 2020
- Evasive Malware Threats on the Rise Despite Decline in Overall Attacks - Infosecurity Magazine - September 27th, 2020
- Internet of Things Security Market size, development, key opportunity, application and forecast to 2026 | Check Point Security Software Technologies,... - September 27th, 2020
- Fears mount over Russian and Chinese hackers targeting the 2020 U.S. presidential election - CNBC - September 27th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security market to Witness Increase in Revenues by 2016-2028 - Crypto Daily - September 27th, 2020
- How to leave no trace on the internet when using a VPN? - Techiexpert.com - TechiExpert.com - September 27th, 2020
- 2020 Demand In Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market By Key Types, Regions, Countries, Top Companies Competition, Consumers, Import-Export Forecast... - September 27th, 2020
- How the Pandemic Pushed a Generation of Americans to Discover the Perks (and Risks) of Online Banking - NextAdvisor - September 27th, 2020
- IT Security-as-a-Service Market 2020 By Manufacturers, Regions, Type And Application, Forecast To 2025| Blue Coat, Cisco, IBM, Intel Security,... - September 27th, 2020
- APT groups actively target Linux-based workstations and servers - Backend News - September 27th, 2020
- Critical steps for securing cyberspace - Microsoft on the Issues - Microsoft - September 27th, 2020
- Proven ways to stay ahead of configuration drift - ITProPortal - September 27th, 2020
- Global Embedded Security For Internet Of Things Market 2020 Trends Analysis and (COVID-19) Effect Analysis | Key Players Market With COVID-19 Impact... - September 27th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Technology Market 2020: Potential growth, attractive valuation make it is a long-term investment | Know the COVID19... - September 27th, 2020
- REMOTE WORKING: PROGRESS AND PERILS - Forbes Africa - September 27th, 2020
- Avoid scam 'DMV' websites | Sedona.Biz - The Internet Voice of Sedona and The Verde Valley - Sedona.biz - September 27th, 2020
- Get In Depth Analysis Of How Covid-19 Is Impacting The Internet Security Software Market - The Daily Chronicle - September 12th, 2020
- Better late than never: Zoom boosts security with 2FA - Verdict - September 12th, 2020
- Show and Tell: The Gryphon Tower Mesh Wi-Fi Security Router - Grit Daily - September 12th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market 2020 Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Opportunities, Drivers, Outlook, Analysis And Forecast To 2028 -... - September 12th, 2020
- Ensuring cyber awareness in the healthcare sector - Help Net Security - September 12th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Size, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies and Forecast by 2026 - The Daily Chronicle - September 12th, 2020
- Internet of Things Security Market, Share, Growth, Trends And Forecast To 2027: Dataintelo - Scientect - September 12th, 2020
- Kaspersky: 37% of internet users in SEA think they won't be targeted by cybercriminals - SoyaCincau.com - September 12th, 2020
- TikTok and WeChat may raise security concerns, but Trump's knee-jerk reaction isn't the way to deal with them - NewsChannel 3-12 - KEYT - September 12th, 2020
- Helping companies prioritize their cybersecurity investments - MIT News - September 6th, 2020
- Rapid7 NICER - starting a conversation on internet security | Company Report - FinTech Magazine - The FinTech & InsurTech Platform - September 6th, 2020
- Kansans are getting letters saying they applied for unemployment. The problem? Some never did. - Pittsburg Morning Sun - September 6th, 2020
- Embedded Security For Internet Of Things Market 2025 Opportunities, Applications, Drivers, Limitations, Companies, Countries, & Forecast - Express... - September 6th, 2020
- 'No longer safe in their classroom:' NHCS remote-learning session hacked, sexualized profanity used - Port City Daily - September 6th, 2020
- How Romania is Solving Technology and Poverty Disparities - Borgen Project - September 6th, 2020
- How government is delivering better election security - GCN.com - September 6th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Report: Regional Data Analysis By Production, Revenue, Price And Gross Margin - Kewaskum Statesman News... - September 6th, 2020
- What is the quantum internet? Everything you need to know about the weird future of quantum networks - ZDNet - September 6th, 2020