Technology is booming day by day from anti-solar panels to Quantum computing; revolutionary inventions and modifications are everywhere.
2020 is going to be another year of new technologies as a number of technological advances have been lined up, as per the MIT Technology Review. These inventions are surely going to change the way we live.
Scientists have begun human trials of the Anti-aging drugs (Senolytics). The drugs are not supposed to make you live longer but they will reverse the process of aging.
The drug removes senescent cells; cells that lose function as we start aging, however, are resistant to cell death and infect neighboring cells.
Senolytic drugs will help save the human body from diseases that occur mainly due to aging such as Dementia, Arthritis, Cancer and Heart diseases.
Previously, scientists were dogmatic to link the natural disaster with climate change. Thanks to the new rising technologies, weather attribution studies have been able to accurately draw a link, thus convincing the world that climate change is real.
This came into existence by the increased computing power which allowed the scientists to develop high-resolution simulations. Now, scientists are able to perform more virtual experiments which increase the chances of tackling unwanted weather disturbances.
The studies also provide brief information about what natural risks can occur in the future. As per the latest studies, scientists came to the conclusion that global warming is boosting dangerous weather disturbances.
The Internet is easily hackable, however, researchers are trying to create a quantum-based Internet which will be unhackable.
A team of developers at the Delft University of Technology is creating a network that will connect four cities in the Netherlands with the use of quantum technology.
The technology will be based on a quantum behavior of atomic particles known as entanglement. Previously, there have been attempts to send photons through fiber-optic cables, however, the process broke the quantum link and made the information prone to hacking.
However, entangled photons cant be read without disrupting their content.
In the wrong hands, Census data can lead back to individuals when combined with other public statistics. To safeguard the privacy of users, the US government Census Bureau injects inaccuracies aka noise to protect the data.
However, the Census Bureau has often mixed up data with other statistics that resulted in the wrong identification of the residents.
Differential privacy is a mathematical technique that measures how much privacy increases when noise is added. The technique will help the bureau in keeping the identities of the residents private.
Hyper-personalized medicines are genetic medicines that can be tailored to any persons genes, therefore curing any specific medical issue they are suffering from. This will help in curing the diseases which are termed as too rare to cure.
Several cases are registered every year in which the patient is suffering from a rare disease caused by a genetic flaw. The concept of hyper-personalized medicines will help in curing extremely rare diseases caused due to flaws in the DNA.
As of now, Artificial intelligence relies a lot on centralized cloud services, that generate high carbon emissions and limit the privacy of AI applications.
However, researchers are working on reducing the size of deep-learning models without hampering their efficiency. Nowadays, AI chips claim to possess more computational power in compact physical space.
In May 2019, Google announced that it can run Google Assitant on smartphones without establishing connections with the remote servers. Slowly and steadily, the world is moving towards Tiny AI
Digital money is going to be the digital version of a particular countrys currency which will work as a replacement for the physical money.
In 2019, Facebook revealed its global digital currency known as Libra, however, the idea met a lot of criticism form countries and politicians. Soon after Facebooks announcement, the Peoples Bank of China also announced that it is going to launch its digital currency.
Chinese leaders see Libra as a threat because it will be backed by US dollars. Mark Zuckerberg claimed that Libra will play a major role in providing financial leadership to America on a global level.
A quantum computer can perform calculations that are almost impossible for the worlds best supercomputers. In October, Google described the first incident of quantum supremacy when a quantum computer with 53 qubits the basic unit of quantum computation solved a calculation in a time span of three minutes.
Google claimed the same calculation would have been solved by a supercomputer in a time span of 10,000 years i.e 1.5 billion times to the time taken by a quantum computer. It clearly states that is the number of qubits will be increased, quantum supremacy can be achieved soon.
Satellite mega-constellations are being created to provide high-speed internet all around the globe. SpaceX has started creating its own mega-constellation.
SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has said that as soon as they create 400 satellite constellation, the internet service will be launched for selected areas. SpaceX has the ultimate goal of creating a constellation of 800 satellites to provide internet coverage all around the globe.
Earth is home to billions of molecules and each molecule offers unlimited chemical possibilities if only researchers knew the right ones.
But now, scientists are using machine learning to explore the existing database of molecules and using the information to come up with breakthrough drugs.
Back in September, researchers at Hong Kong-based Insilico Medicine discovered 30,000 molecules with desirable properties by using deep learning techniques. Out of the total number, six molecules were selected to synthesize and test. One of them was found active and showed promising results when tested on animals.
Read more here:
10 Revolutionary Technologies To Lookout For In 2020 - Fossbytes
- Quantum physicists say time travelers don't have to worry about the butterfly effect - The Next Web - August 2nd, 2020
- Week in review: BootHole, RCEs in industrial VPNs, the cybersecurity profession crisis - Help Net Security - August 2nd, 2020
- New UC-led institute awarded $25M to explore potential of quantum computing and train a future workforce - University of California - July 31st, 2020
- The future of encryption: Getting ready for the quantum computer attack - TechRepublic - July 31st, 2020
- IBM and University of Tokyo team up for Quantum Innovation Initiative Consortium - SmartPlanet.com - July 31st, 2020
- 'Butterfly effect' is wrong and reality can 'heal itself', quantum scientists find in time travel experiment - The Independent - July 31st, 2020
- Research: the butterfly effect does not exist in the quantum model - FREE NEWS - July 31st, 2020
- Solving problems by working together: Could quantum computing hold the key to Covid-19? - ITProPortal - July 2nd, 2020
- Spain Introduces the World's First Quantum Phase Battery - News - All About Circuits - July 2nd, 2020
- Professor tackles one more mystery about quantum mechanics and times flow - GeekWire - July 2nd, 2020
- This Week's Awesome Tech Stories From Around the Web (Through June 27) - Singularity Hub - June 29th, 2020
- Kudos: Read about faculty, staff and student awards, appointments and achievements - Vanderbilt University News - June 29th, 2020
- This Is the First Universal Language for Quantum Computers - Popular Mechanics - June 21st, 2020
- Universal Quantum raises $4.5 million to build a large-scale quantum computer - VentureBeat - June 17th, 2020
- Ethereum (ETH) Might Not have Quantum Resistance on its Roadmap, the QRL Team Reveals - Crowdfund Insider - June 17th, 2020
- Craig Knoblock Named Michael Keston Executive Director of the USC Information Sciences Institute - USC Viterbi School of Engineering - June 17th, 2020
- European quantum computing startup takes its funding to 32M with fresh raise - TechCrunch - June 11th, 2020
- SKT to expand use of new quantum-powered security solutions - The Korea Herald - June 11th, 2020
- Archer looks to commercialisation future with graphene-based biosensor tech - ZDNet - June 11th, 2020
- Dear NASA, please put a particle collider on the Moon - The Next Web - June 11th, 2020
- Top 10 emerging technologies of 2020: Winners and losers - TechRepublic - June 11th, 2020
- When Will Quantum Computing Come to Mainstream? - Analytics Insight - June 8th, 2020
- University announces 2020 winners of Quantrell and Graduate Teaching Awards - UChicago News - June 8th, 2020
- Physicists Found a Way to Save Schrdingers Cat - Dual Dove - June 8th, 2020
- Physicists hunt for room-temperature superconductors that could revolutionize the world's energy system - The Conversation US - June 3rd, 2020
- Covid 19 Pandemic: Quantum Computing Technologies Market 2020, Share, Growth, Trends And Forecast To 2025 - 3rd Watch News - May 24th, 2020
- Molecular dynamics used to simulate 100 million atoms | Opinion - Chemistry World - May 23rd, 2020
- Highest-performing quantum simulator IN THE WORLD delivered to Japan - TechGeek - May 18th, 2020
- Light, fantastic: the path ahead for faster, smaller computer processors - News - The University of Sydney - May 18th, 2020
- Wiring the quantum computer of the future - Space Daily - April 29th, 2020
- Technologies That You Can Explore Other Than Data Science During Lockdown - Analytics India Magazine - April 29th, 2020
- Will Quantum Computing Really Change The World? Facts And Myths - Analytics India Magazine - April 23rd, 2020
- Google's top quantum computing brain may or may not have quit - Fudzilla - April 23rd, 2020
- On the Heels of a Light Beam - Scientific American - April 23rd, 2020
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES): What It Is and How It Works - Hashed Out by The SSL Store - Hashed Out by The SSL Store - April 23rd, 2020
- Google's Head of Quantum Computing Hardware Resigns - WIRED - April 21st, 2020
- COVID-19: Quantum computing could someday find cures for coronaviruses and other diseases - TechRepublic - April 21st, 2020
- The future of quantum computing in the cloud - TechTarget - April 21st, 2020
- Quantum computer chips demonstrated at the highest temperatures ever - New Scientist News - April 17th, 2020
- Alex Garland on 'Devs,' free will and quantum computing - Engadget - April 14th, 2020
- RAND report finds that, like fusion power and Half Life 3, quantum computing is still 15 years away - The Register - April 12th, 2020
- Quantum computing: When to expect the next major leap - TechRepublic - April 12th, 2020
- Cambridge Quantum Computing Performs the World's First Quantum Natural Language Processing Experiment - Quantaneo, the Quantum Computing Source - April 12th, 2020
- The Well-matched Combo of Quantum Computing and Machine Learning - Analytics Insight - March 23rd, 2020
- Picking up the quantum technology baton - The Hindu - March 23rd, 2020
- Research by University of Chicago PhD Student and EPiQC Wins IBM Q Best Paper - HPCwire - March 23rd, 2020
- Honeywell Achieves Breakthrough That Will Enable The Worlds Most Powerful Quantum Computer #47655 - New Kerala - March 23rd, 2020
- Is time broken? Physicists filmed a quantum measurement but the 'moment' was blurry - The Next Web - March 5th, 2020
- What Is Quantum Computing? The Next Era of Computational ... - March 3rd, 2020
- Honeywell says it will soon launch the worlds most powerful quantum computer - TechCrunch - March 3rd, 2020
- Majority of Promising AI Startups Are Still Based in the US - Transport Topics Online - March 3rd, 2020
- Quantum researchers able to split one photon into three - Space Daily - March 3rd, 2020
- Physicists Captured The Moment That An Atom Enters Quantum Measurement - Somag News - February 29th, 2020
- This Week's Awesome Tech Stories From Around the Web (Through February 29) - Singularity Hub - February 29th, 2020
- IC Breakthroughs: Energy Harvesting, Quantum Computing, and a 96-Core Processor in Six Chiplets - News - All About Circuits - February 29th, 2020
- Top 10 Strategic Technology Breakthroughs That Will Transform Our Lives - Analytics Insight - February 29th, 2020
- New Intel chip could accelerate the advent of quantum computing - RedShark News - February 28th, 2020
- Particle accelerator technology could solve one of the most vexing problems in building quantum computers - Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory - February 28th, 2020
- Top 10 breakthrough technologies of 2020 - TechRepublic - February 28th, 2020
- 21st ISQED Conference to Commence With Focus on Quantum Computing, Security, and AI/ML & Electronic Design - PRNewswire - February 25th, 2020
- NTT Research to Collaborate with UCLA and Georgetown on Cryptography and Blockchain - Yahoo Finance - February 25th, 2020
- Should decision makers be concerned by the threat of quantum? - Information Age - February 25th, 2020
- Keeping classified information secret in a world of quantum computing - Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists - February 11th, 2020
- A neural network that learned to predict the behavior of a quantum system - Tech Explorist - February 9th, 2020
- Deltec Bank, Bahamas A combination of Quantum Computing and Blockchain Technology Will Have a huge Impact on Banking - Press Release - Digital... - February 5th, 2020
- Could Photonic Chips Outpace the Fastest Supercomputers? - Singularity Hub - February 5th, 2020
- Google claims to have invented a quantum computer, but IBM begs to differ - The Conversation CA - January 22nd, 2020
- Xanadu Receives $4.4M Investment from SDTC to Advance its Photonic Quantum Computing Technology - Quantaneo, the Quantum Computing Source - January 22nd, 2020
- U of T's Peter Wittek, who will be remembered at Feb. 3 event, on why the future is quantum - News@UofT - January 17th, 2020
- Quantum Computing Technologies Market 2019, Size, Share, Global Industry Growth, Business Statistics, Top Leaders, Competitive Landscape, Forecast To... - January 17th, 2020
- This Week In Security: Windows 10 Apocalypse, Paypal Problems, And Cablehaunt - Hackaday - January 17th, 2020
- Kitchener's Angstrom Engineering is making a quantum leap with its next-generation technology - TheRecord.com - January 17th, 2020
- Xanadu Receives $4.4M Investment from SDTC to Advance its Photonic Quantum Computing Technology - Yahoo Finance - January 16th, 2020
- The dark side of IoT, AI and quantum computing: Hacking, data breaches and existential threat - ZDNet - January 16th, 2020
- 'How can we compete with Google?': the battle to train quantum coders - The Guardian - January 16th, 2020
- IBM heads US patent list for 27th consecutive year - Technology Decisions - January 16th, 2020
- New Technique May Be Capable of Creating Qubits From Silicon Carbide Wafer - Tom's Hardware - January 14th, 2020
- The hunt for the 'angel particle' continues - Big Think - January 13th, 2020
- How to verify that quantum chips are computing correctly - MIT News - January 13th, 2020
- Googles Quantum Supremacy will mark the End of the Bitcoin in 2020 - The Coin Republic - January 13th, 2020