Australia and India have joined hands to advance the development of critical and emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), 5G networks, the internet-of-things (IoT) and quantum computing through a research grant programme.
Through the programme, the two countries hope to help shape a global technology environment that meets Australia and Indias shared vision of an open, free, rules-based Indo-Pacific region.
The first three projects in the initial round of the programme, which prioritised proposals focused on strengthening understanding of ethical frameworks and developing technical standards for critical technologies, were recently announced by Australias department of foreign Affairs and trade.
This project, led by the Centre for International Security Studies at the University of Sydney and experts such as Rajeshwari Rajagopalan of the Delhi-based Observer Research Foundation and quantum physicist Shohini Ghose, aims to develop quantum accords to shape international governance of quantum technologies.
The team will build guiding principles on ethics, best practices and progressive applications of quantum technologies.
But rather than propose a formal set of universal rules, they will seek consensus among key stakeholders on what constitutes ethical or unethical behaviour, good or bad practices, productive or destructive applications for emerging quantum technologies.
The project, spearheaded by La Trobe University and Indian Institute of Technology Kampur, will provide Australian and Indian business with an ethics and policy framework when outsourcing their technology to Indian providers.
It will do by improving the understanding of how they translate being signatories of ethical codes to their actual practice. The project will also analyse the emotions and views of stakeholders expressed in social media on the ethical issues found to be important through business surveys.
In doing so, the project intends to advance knowledge in AI and cyber and critical technology, ethics and sustainability and risk by bringing together disciplines in business management and ethics, computer science and engineering, and AI and business analytics.
The outcomes expected include recommendations on revised ethical codes and practices and a framework for using AI and advanced analytics to review ethical practices of companies.
The explosive growth in wireless network usage and IoT systems is expected to accelerate. While 5G networks offer significant improvements in terms of capacity, data rates, and potential energy efficiency, there is a need to address critical privacy and security challenges.
The work will focus on the issues that arise from wireless tracking systems that rely on detecting variations in the channel state information (CSI) due to the users physical activities and wireless networking.
Based on a series of experiments in Australia and India, the project will develop a comprehensive understanding of the extent of private information and metadata exposed and related inferences. This will be used to engage with standards and regulatory agencies and government bodies to strengthen data protection regimes in Australia, India and globally.
The research will be the basis for a whitepaper detailing the emerging wireless network privacy and security threat landscape. This will be followed up with a workshop in Bangalore with key regulators, standards body officials, policy makers and researchers, with the goal of initiating action to effectively address the emerging threats.
The work will be led the University of Sydney, University of New South Wales, Orbit Australia, Reliance Jio Infocomm, Indian Institute of Technology Madras and Calligo Technologies.
See the original post:
Australia and India team up on critical technology - ComputerWeekly.com
- Breakthroughs in quantum computing drive higher processing power - Digital Nation - November 25th, 2021
- US blocks export of quantum computing tech to Chinese organizations - CNET - November 25th, 2021
- Why Blockchain isnt as secure as you think - Evening Standard - November 25th, 2021
- Tech pioneers to headline Princeton conference on innovation and entrepreneurship - Princeton University - November 25th, 2021
- Quantum Turing machine - Wikipedia - November 11th, 2021
- Is Quantum Computing the Future of AI? - Datanami - November 11th, 2021
- Multiverse Computing Partners with IonQ to Bring Quantum Computing to Global Finance - HPCwire - November 11th, 2021
- Leading Technology Executive Max Schireson Joins Quantum Machines' Board of Directors - HPCwire - November 11th, 2021
- Andrew Chi-Chih Yao receives the 2021 Kyoto Prize in Advanced Technology: Commemorative Lecture on his wonderful journey in computer science to be... - November 11th, 2021
- Clever Combination of Quantum Physics and Molecular Biology - SciTechDaily - November 11th, 2021
- QuTech creates a time crystal - Innovation Origins - November 6th, 2021
- Grover's algorithm - Wikipedia - November 1st, 2021
- Quantum Engineering | Electrical and Computer Engineering - November 1st, 2021
- First Photonic Quantum Computer on the Cloud - IEEE Spectrum - November 1st, 2021
- Quantum Computer Maker Rigetti to Go Public via $1.5 ... - November 1st, 2021
- Building a large-scale quantum computer is a huge challenge. Will we ever get there? - ZDNet - November 1st, 2021
- Two UCSB Scientists Receive Award to Partner With Ciscos New Quantum Research Team - Noozhawk - November 1st, 2021
- Researchers show new strategy for detecting non-conformist particles called anyons - Brown University - November 1st, 2021
- IonQ to Report Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results on November 15, 2021 - Yahoo Finance - November 1st, 2021
- UCSB and Cisco Systems Collaboration Aims to Push the Boundaries of Quantum Technologies - AZoQuantum - November 1st, 2021
- 'Quantum computer algorithms are linear algebra, probabilities. This is not something that we do a good job of teaching our kids' - The Register - October 2nd, 2021
- Quantum computer company IonQ makes Wall Street debut - Financial Times - October 2nd, 2021
- Fujitsu and Osaka University Deepen Collaborative Research and Development for Fault-Tolerant Quantum Computers - HPCwire - October 2nd, 2021
- Fermilab on the trail for a new building block of matter and quantum computing power - Medill Reports Chicago - Medill Reports: Chicago - October 2nd, 2021
- A Boulder Company Is Leading the Next Technology Revolution - 5280 - 5280 | The Denver Magazine - October 2nd, 2021
- Judith Olson, Senior Physicist at ColdQuanta, Named Next Generation Leader of the Year at Women in IT Awards - HPCwire - October 2nd, 2021
- Quantum Computing in Manufacturing Market Still Has Room To Grow: International Business Machines, D-Wave Systems, Microsoft - Digital Journal - October 2nd, 2021
- The coevolution of particle physics and computing - Symmetry magazine - September 30th, 2021
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) Takeover: IoT and Quantum-Resistant Blockchains Are Setting the Trend - FinanceFeeds - September 30th, 2021
- $5M NSF Grant to Fund Research on Quantum Internet Foundations - Maryland Today - September 19th, 2021
- 3 Quantum Computing Stocks to Buy for Their Promising Healthcare Potential - InvestorPlace - September 19th, 2021
- DoD Buys Two New Supercomputers That Rank Among Its Most Powerful Ever - Breaking Defense - September 19th, 2021
- College Park's IonQ and the University of Maryland are teaming up to open a $20M quantum lab - Technical.ly DC - September 15th, 2021
- Where the laws of matter break down, a quantum discovery crops up - UPJ Athletics - September 15th, 2021
- Small, diamond-based quantum computers could be in our hands within five years - Cosmos Magazine - August 26th, 2021
- IBM partners with the University of Tokyo on quantum computer - Illinoisnewstoday.com - August 26th, 2021
- A Simple Crystal Could Finally Give Us Large-Scale Quantum Computing, Scientists Say - ScienceAlert - August 16th, 2021
- IBM Partnering with University of Tokyo on Quantum Computer - Datamation - August 16th, 2021
- 40 years ago the first IBM PC was presented, that's how it was and what it knew how to do - Tech Gaming Report - August 14th, 2021
- The week in science news: Olympic Bat, controlled qubits, and speeding metal stars - TechRadar - August 14th, 2021
- Quantum information and quantum field theory: Study found a new connection between them - Tech Explorist - August 14th, 2021
- Global AI Chipsets for Wireless Networks and Devices, Cloud and Next Generation Computing, IoT, and Big Data Analytics to 2026 -... - August 14th, 2021
- What is quantum computing? Everything you need to know about the strange world of quantum computers - ZDNet - July 29th, 2021
- Is Bitcoin (BTC) Safe from Grover's Algorithm? - Yahoo Finance - July 29th, 2021
- Will the NSA Finally Build Its Superconducting Spy Computer? - IEEE Spectrum - July 29th, 2021
- IBM's newest quantum computer is now up-and-running: Here's what it's going to be used for - ZDNet - July 27th, 2021
- URI to host international experts for conference on future of quantum computing - URI Today - July 27th, 2021
- Research by University of Surrey and Arqit reveals Quantum Threat to Digital Assets - Business Wire - July 27th, 2021
- A Roadmap On The Geopolitical Impact Of Emerging Technologies By Chuck Brooks And Dr. David Bray - Forbes - July 27th, 2021
- IBM and CERN on quantum computing to track the elusive Higgs boson - Tech News Inc - July 27th, 2021
- The Convergence of Communication and Computation with Dr. Vida Ilderem - RCR Wireless News - July 27th, 2021
- Quantum Computing Market is anticipated to surge at a CAGR of 33.7% over the next ten years - PRNewswire - July 21st, 2021
- Quantum Computing for the Future Grid - Transmission & Distribution World - July 21st, 2021
- Red Hat embraces quantum supremacy as it looks to the future - SiliconANGLE News - July 21st, 2021
- Quantum Computing Is Coming. What Can It Do? - Harvard Business Review - July 16th, 2021
- Rigetti Computing Partners with Riverlane, Astex Pharmaceuticals on Quantum Computing for Drug Discovery - HPCwire - July 16th, 2021
- Quantware Launches the World's First Commercially Available Superconducting Quantum Processors, Accelerating the Advent of the Quantum Computer. -... - July 16th, 2021
- The Future of Data Encryption: What You Need to Know Now - FedTech Magazine - July 16th, 2021
- Quantum computing: this is how quantum programming works using the example of random walk - Market Research Telecast - July 16th, 2021
- IBM shows the advantages of a quantum computer over traditional computers - Tech News Inc - July 16th, 2021
- Quantum Blockchain Technologies Plc - Working with D-Wave Systems - Yahoo Finance UK - July 6th, 2021
- Conclusions from Forum TERATEC 2021: European Cooperation, Novel Uses of HPC - HPCwire - July 6th, 2021
- IBM researchers demonstrate the advantage that quantum computers have over classical computers - ZDNet - July 2nd, 2021
- Is this the first physics problem that the quantum computer will solve? - Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI) - July 2nd, 2021
- New research proves that quantum computational errors are correlated and connects them to cosmic rays - Illinoisnewstoday.com - July 2nd, 2021
- CSRWire - Refusing Limits with Liz Ruetsch - CSRwire.com - July 2nd, 2021
- Crdit Agricole CIB partners with Pasqal and Multiverse Computing - IBS Intelligence - June 29th, 2021
- Keynotes Announced for IEEE International Conference on Quantum Computing and Engineering - HPCwire - June 29th, 2021
- The evolution of cryptographic algorithms - Ericsson - June 29th, 2021
- EU rewrites rulebook on science and technology cooperation with the rest of the world - Science Business - June 29th, 2021
- IBM's first quantum computer outside of the US has just gone live - ZDNet - June 22nd, 2021
- Quantum computers take up a lot of space. Researchers decided to shrink this one down - ZDNet - June 22nd, 2021
- New discoveries of rare superconductors may be essential for the future of quantum computing - Illinoisnewstoday.com - June 22nd, 2021
- Williams F1 drives digital transformation in racing with AI, quantum - VentureBeat - June 22nd, 2021
- Global IT giant to partner with U of C on quantum computing centre - Calgary Herald - June 2nd, 2021
- A Computer Memory Based on Cold Atoms and Light - Physics - June 2nd, 2021
- Quantum Chip Market by Trends, Dynamic Innovation in Technology and 2027 Forecasts Covid-19 Analysis The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - June 2nd, 2021
- Quantum Blockchain inks deal with cryptography expert to optimise Bitcoin mining operations - Proactive Investors UK - June 2nd, 2021
- ColdQuanta Named to IBM Quantum Network to Help Research Quantum Computing Applications - ExecutiveBiz - May 28th, 2021
- Big bang theory: Maryland company moves ahead in quantum space race - The Star Democrat - May 28th, 2021