Classical computers have served us well and they will continue to do so but breakthroughs in quantum physics are opening up new doors. Thats why Im sharing my favorite quantum computing stocks today.
Its still in the early stages and could take a while to pay off. But the list of companies below gives you some great investing opportunities. Youll find big companies shaking up the technology world. Theyre not resting on their laurels.
Ill highlight some research from each company and what excites me most. But first, itd be good to get a better understanding of this up-and-coming technology. The potential is huge
Moores Law states that the number of transistors in an integrated circuit doubles about every two years. This exponential trend has led to massive advancements in our world. In fact, its impacted every industry and all of our lives.
To help put Moores Law in perspective, a new iPhone is millions of times faster than the Apollo spacecraft when it comes to computing. Computers have become exponentially faster. This trend might be coming to an end, though
Gordon Moore and other forecasters expect that Moores law will end around 2025. Its the result of an intricate set of physics problems. And quantum computing might be the next big step forward.
Many technology companies see the potential and are investing lots of money. If their research pays off, the top quantum computing stocks could hand shareholders huge returns.
These new computers have the ability to store more information thanks to whats called superposition. Unlike traditional computers that use bits with only ones and zeros, quantum computers take it to the next level. They have the advantage of using ones, zeros and superpositions of ones and zeros. This opens up the door for solving tasks that have long been thought impossible for classical computers.
This list of quantum computing companies includes some of the largest companies in the world. They have proven business models and the resources to push quantum computing forward.
As a result, this list provides some cashflow safety for investors, while providing exposure to new technologies. So lets take a look at some of their top quantum research and projects
IBM was one of the first big movers in quantum research. And already, its deployed 28 quantum computers. Thats the largest fleet of commercial devices, and IBM has a road map to scale systems to 1,000 qubits and beyond.
The IBM Quantum Network is currently working with more than 100 partners. These partners are in many different industries and are developing real-world commercial applications. IBM also offers free access to quantum computing.
IBM is scaling these technologies and making them more accessible. This is vital for further adoption and innovation. The strategy is working, and IBM will continue to be one of the top quantum computing stocks over the coming decades.
Alphabet is one of the top quantum computing stocks to buy. Back in 2019, the company claimed quantum supremacy for the first time when its advanced computer surpassed the performance of conventional devices.
Alphabets Sycamore quantum processor performed a specific task in 200 seconds that would take the worlds best supercomputer 10,000 years. Thats a huge milestone, and the company is continuing to advance with quantum physics.
Google AI Quantum is making big strides as well. Its developing new quantum processors and algorithms to help solve a wide range of problems. Its also open sourcing some of its framework to spur innovation.
Intel is a semiconductor giant thats developing many cutting-edge technologies. And its been making quantum processors in Oregon. Furthermore, the company hopes to reach production-level quantum computing within 10 years.
Intel is on its third generation of quantum processors with 49 qubits. The company has a unique approach, advancing a technology known as spin qubits in silicon. Intel believes it has a scaling advantage over superconducting qubits.
This easily makes Intel one of the top quantum computing stocks. Buying into this company gives investors exposure to many cutting-edge technologies.
Similar to IBM, Microsoft takes a comprehensive approach to quantum computing. Its working on all the technologies required to scale commercial application.
Microsoft is advancing all layers of its computing stack. This includes the controls, software and development tools. Microsoft also created the Azure Quantum open cloud ecosystem. This helps speed up innovation.
In addition, the tech giant is making great advancements with Topological qubits. These provide performance gains over conventional qubits. They increase stability and reduce the overall amount of qubits needed. Its promising technology that should reward shareholders down the road.
Amazon Quantum Solutions Lab is helping businesses identify opportunities. Amazons experts are working with clients to better understand quantum computing. This helps them build new algorithms and solutions.
Amazon now offers quantum computing on Amazon Web Services through Amazon Bracket. This service provides access to D-Wave hardware. D-Wave is a leading quantum computing company based in Canada. Its not publicly traded, though
Overall, Amazon is continuing to disrupt many industries. And advancing quantum computing should help drive its innovation even further.
This quantum stock is the smallest on the list. It gives direct exposure to quantum computing. This makes it a higher-risk opportunity, however. Its risk-to-reward setup looks good for long-term investors, though.
Quantum Computing offers cloud-based, ready-to-run software. Its focused on creating services that dont require quantum expertise or training to use. This approach is opening the doors for more businesses to leverage the new technologies.
This company is also focusing on real-world problems such as logistics optimization, cybersecurity and drug discovery. To accomplish this, its partnering with hardware companies such as D-Wave.
The quantum computing companies above are mostly indirect plays. Their other established businesses provide the capital required to innovate. This is vital, as quantum computing is still an up-and-coming industry.
It might take a decade or more to really play out. And investing early in these technologies can lead to large returns for patient investors. Quantum breakthroughs are compounding and creating new opportunities.
Whether you buy into these top quantum computing stocks or not, well all benefit from the innovation. If you want to stay on the cutting edge of tech investing, consider signing up for Profit Trends. Its a free e-letter thats packed with useful research and tech investing opportunities. Also, here are some othertech IPOs that you might want to consider.
Read the original post:
- Physicist and jazz pianist combines music and science at Rochester - University of Rochester - May 9th, 2021
- Are We on the Brink of a New Age of Scientific Discovery? - SciTechDaily - May 9th, 2021
- The First-Ever Evidence of the Multiverse - Interesting Engineering - May 9th, 2021
- Not Even This by Jack Underwood review fatherhood, philosophy and fear - The Guardian - May 9th, 2021
- College majors that earn the most money | Personal Finance | stltoday.com - Suburban Journals - May 9th, 2021
- MIT Researcher Says UFO Research Could Lead to New Laws of Physics - Futurism - May 9th, 2021
- The coherence of light is fundamentally tied to the quantum coherence of the emitting particle - Science Advances - May 1st, 2021
- Tulane part of Navy/Army-funded research on improving communication - Newswise - May 1st, 2021
- Introduction to Quantum Algorithms via Linear Algebra, 2nd Ed (MIT Press) - iProgrammer - May 1st, 2021
- Cornell Researchers Aid in Discovery of Anomalous Muon Wobble, Challenging Understanding of Natural World - Cornell University The Cornell Daily Sun - May 1st, 2021
- Linda Perry And Soleil Moon Frye On Role Of Music In Punky Brewster Reboot, Kid 90 Documentary - Forbes - May 1st, 2021
- Turning the tide in educational inequity - Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences - May 1st, 2021
- Carlo Rovelli's Helgoland argues that all reality is relative - New Statesman - April 28th, 2021
- UW physicists contribute to quantum experiment that may lead to discovery of new subatomic particle - Dailyuw - April 28th, 2021
- Muon g-2 Particle Accelerator Experiment Results Are Not Explained by Our Current Theories of Physics - SciTechDaily - April 28th, 2021
- NTT Research and Tokyo Institute of Technology Target Two Applications for CIM - Business Wire - April 28th, 2021
- Partners Capital Strengthens Global Leadership Team with Appointment of Senior Executive in Asia Pacific - PR Newswire UK - April 28th, 2021
- In Quantum Physics, Reality Really Is What We Choose To Observe - Walter Bradley Center for Natural and Artificial Intelligence - April 27th, 2021
- Post-doctoral Fellow in Experimental Condensed Matter Physics job with THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG | 252748 - Times Higher Education (THE) - April 27th, 2021
- The Great Question Is Our Universe Extremely Unnatural, a Weird Permutation? (Weekend Feature) - The Daily Galaxy --Great Discoveries Channel - April 27th, 2021
- In the midst of it all we are not alone - Global Sisters Report - April 27th, 2021
- Black holes, string theory and more: Q&A with physicist Brian Greene - Space.com - April 27th, 2021
- Theoretical Physicist Prof Arvind appointed Punjabi Varsity Vice Chancellor - The Tribune - April 27th, 2021
- Optimal Information About the Invisible: Measuring Objects That You Cant See - SciTechDaily - April 27th, 2021
- IISER physicist Prof Arvind is Punjabi University VC - The Tribune India - April 27th, 2021
- Researchers Visualize the Motion of Vortices in Quantum Superfluid Turbulence - SciTechDaily - April 17th, 2021
- Quantum computers are revealing an unexpected new theory of reality - New Scientist - April 17th, 2021
- Will we ever know exactly how the universe ballooned into existence? - Livescience.com - April 17th, 2021
- The Big Theoretical Physics Problem At The Center Of The 'Muon g-2' Puzzle - Forbes - April 17th, 2021
- Albert Einstein Death Anniversary: How did the greatest physicists of all time die? - Free Press Journal - April 17th, 2021
- 'The Disordered Cosmos', A Contemplation of the Exclusionary Culture of Physics - The Wire Science - April 17th, 2021
- Scott Aaronson Winner of 2020 ACM Prize In Computing - iProgrammer - April 17th, 2021
- The Disordered Cosmos review: An insider take on physics and injustice - New Scientist News - April 17th, 2021
- Book Review: A Cosmologist Throws Light on a Universe of Bias - Undark Magazine - April 17th, 2021
- Realization of an ideal Weyl semimetal band in a quantum gas with 3D spin-orbit coupling - Science Magazine - April 17th, 2021
- The God Equation Review: One String Theory to Rule Them All - The Wall Street Journal - April 12th, 2021
- This Tech Dinosaur Just Took a Game-Changing Step in Healthcare - The Motley Fool - April 12th, 2021
- NIT Srinagar hosts webinar on pursuing Quantum career in age of neural networks - Kashmir Reader - April 12th, 2021
- The windswept German island that inspired quantum physics - Spectator.co.uk - April 8th, 2021
- A Tiny Particles Wobble Could Upend the Known Laws of Physics - The New York Times - April 8th, 2021
- New computing algorithms expand the boundaries of a quantum future - Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory - April 8th, 2021
- Quantum Computing Revolution: Is it the next big thing? - Analytics Insight - April 8th, 2021
- Scientists Are Baffled By A Mysterious Particle That Defies Physics And Violates The Laws Of The Universe - BroBible - April 8th, 2021
- Officials Aim to Diversify the U.S. Quantum Workforce Early On - Nextgov - April 8th, 2021
- Searching for New Physics in the Subatomic World - SciTechDaily - April 8th, 2021
- Herms collaborates with artists on Watches and Wonders 2021 scenography - Wallpaper* - April 8th, 2021
- Quantum Physics to Disrupt Geospatial Industry over the Coming Decade - GIM International - April 4th, 2021
- The mystery of the muon's magnetism | symmetry magazine - Symmetry magazine - April 4th, 2021
- Can science explain the mystery of consciousness? - The Irish Times - April 4th, 2021
- 'Spacekime theory' could speed up research and heal the rift in physics - Big Think - April 4th, 2021
- Where did the antimatter go? - The Express Tribune - April 4th, 2021
- Small things misbehaving leads to the greatest question of all - Spectator.co.uk - April 4th, 2021
- Ultracold Quantum Collisions Have Been Achieved in Space for the First Time - Scientific American - March 23rd, 2021
- I'm Agonizing over My Naive Realism - Scientific American - March 23rd, 2021
- Six fabulous facts about the Standard Model - Symmetry magazine - March 23rd, 2021
- Cryptocurrency: Can it be climate conscious, and if so, how? - Landscape News - March 23rd, 2021
- Physicists Create Quasiparticles That Bind Together Two Differently Colored Particles of Light - SciTechDaily - March 6th, 2021
- Element Sixs DNV-B1 Announced Winner for the Quantum Category at the 13th Edition of the SPIE Prism Awards - AZoM - March 6th, 2021
- Tech that sees through the earth could help build cities of the future - The Times - March 6th, 2021
- Physicists Just Found 4 New Subatomic Particles That May Test The Laws of Nature - ScienceAlert - March 6th, 2021
- Living in a simulation: Is Universe a Neural Network? - The Indian Wire - March 6th, 2021
- This Is the Fastest Random-Number Generator Ever Built - Scientific American - March 4th, 2021
- Physics - The Tiniest Superfluid Circuit in Nature - Physics - March 4th, 2021
- New research indicates the whole universe could be a giant neural network - The Next Web - March 4th, 2021
- New History of the Physics Department by Raj Gupta and Paul Sharrah Published - University of Arkansas Newswire - March 4th, 2021
- International Business Machines : The Decade of Quantum Computing Is Upon Us, IBM Executive Says - Marketscreener.com - March 4th, 2021
- Quantum Tunneling in Graphene Advances the Age of High Speed Terahertz Wireless Communications - SciTechDaily - March 4th, 2021
- Subtle quantum phenomenon found to alter chemical reactivity for the first time - Chemistry World - March 4th, 2021
- Physicists believe faster-than-light travel is indeed possible with new warp drive - ZME Science - March 4th, 2021
- Exclusive! Ashwin Sanghi on his dream to cast Sushant Singh Rajput in 'Keepers Of The Kalachakra' series: He was like an excited child when it came to... - March 4th, 2021
- Can god be disproved using the laws of physics? An expert explains how it depends on perspective - Scroll.in - March 4th, 2021
- Global Quantum Computing Technologies Market will grow to at CAGR 15.89% from 2020 to 2027 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel... - March 4th, 2021
- Quantum Technology Innovation Hub to transform local businesses - University of Birmingham - March 4th, 2021
- And So It Begins Quantum Physicists Create a New Universe With Its Own Rules - The Daily Galaxy --Great Discoveries Channel - February 18th, 2021
- Quantum Theory May Twist Cause And Effect Into Loops, With Effect Causing The Cause - ScienceAlert - February 18th, 2021
- Extracting information stored in 100,000 nuclear quantum bits - Advanced Science News - February 18th, 2021
- Light and a Single Electron Used to Detect Quantum Information Stored in 100,000 Nuclear Quantum Bits - SciTechDaily - February 18th, 2021
- IBM Adds Future Developer And Software Details To Its Quantum Roadmap - Forbes - February 18th, 2021
- Physics - A Superconducting Qubit that Protects Itself - Physics - February 18th, 2021
- Black Quantum Futurism receives the Knight Foundations new art and technology fellowship - WHYY - February 18th, 2021