If you own cryptocurrencies and an iOS device,I am sure you have struggled to find the right crypto wallets. However, these days developers have started supporting iOS devices too.
Now the iOS device users no longer need to store their cryptos on exchanges and jeopardize the security of their cryptocurrencies.
Also, in any case, the habit of storing your cryptocurrencies on exchanges is stronglydiscouraged by CoinSutra. But we also understand that some crypto users are forced to do so because they dont know about cryptocurrency wallets that are supported on iOS devices.
Thats why in this post I am going to share about popular Bitcoin and cryptocurrency wallets that can be used on iOS devices too.
BRD is easy to use and is a secure Bitcoin wallet through which you can send/store/receive your bitcoins easily.
The UI is sleek and streamlined for beginners as well as advanced users and provides a very good user experience.
The good thing is that it is available for iOS version also where users can get started in seconds as there is no registration or signups required to use this wallet.
Some of its notable features are of this wallet are:
Also, BRD wallet supports segwit addresses which are very good for reduction of transaction fees while transacting in BTC.
Edge (Formerly known as Airbitz) is also a non-custodial HD wallet just like other popular HD wallets and has a very good development community backing it since 2013.
Edges iOS version Bitcoin wallet is one of the oldest in the market and has pretty decent reviews. I have never used it but it always remains on my mobile as an emergency backup wallet that I can use anytime. Its security features are a step ahead than its peers. Some of its notable features are:
Check out our CEO Harsh Agarwal talking to Aitbitzs CEO at the Bitcoin Conference Miami 2017.
Note: This wallet is available for iPhones and iPad currently.
Download Edge iOS Wallet
Copay is a product of BitPay, a long-time operating Bitcoin company in the cryptosphere.
Copay is a non-hosted HD wallet that is very easy to use and is under continuous development/maintenance of a strong development team.
There are some USPs of this wallet that allows one to store their Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash in a hassle free way.
Note: This wallet is a Bitcoin & Bitcoin Cash-only wallet available for iPhones and iPad currently.
Download Copay iOS Wallet
Another fine wallet for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is Jaxx.
Jaxx is a multi-cryptocurrencywallet with an active development community behind it and has all the features that one requires in a non-hosted wallet such as:
Jaxx has had its fair share of controversies, particularly when theywere found keeping usersmnemonic phrases in plain text, but that has changed now.
Note: It supports more than 25 cryptocurrencies (including Bitcoin) in its current iOS version.
Download Jaxx iOS Wallet
Bitpie is another popular Bitcoin wallet that has started getting a lot of traction.
I noticed this wallet while recovering forks of Bitcoin like SBTC and Bitcoin Diamond. Ever since this wallet is on my Android device.
However, the good news is, it is an HD wallet that now supports multiple currencies on the iOS platform too.
While using Bitpie you have access to the following features:
Note: It supports BTC, ETH, LTC, EOS, QTUM, and ZEC as of now on its Android version and BTC plus BCH on its iOS version.
Download Bitpie iOS Wallet
Blockchain wallet is the oldest cryptocurrency mobile wallet available in the market and luckily they have the iOS version for you.
It is, without a doubt, the worlds most popular mobile wallet for storing Bitcoin with more than 23 million users.
It is an HD wallet that comes with all the regular features that one might want in a self-hosted wallet. Some of the features that keep you in charge of your crypto funds all the time are:
Always remember:If you lose the 12-18 seed words, you will lose your all bitcoins.
Note:It is a Bitcoin-only wallet and doesnt support other currencies currently.
Download Blockchain iOS Wallet
Trust wallet is another multi-currency wallet for iOS users but this wallet doesnt support Bitcoin.
Trust wallet is the wallet for Ethereum and Ethereum based ERC20 tokens and ERC223 tokens. Here in this wallet your private key is only stored locally and protected with many layers of security.
Trust wallet also acts like a Web3 Browser that allows you to interact with decentralized applications (DApp) directly from the app.
Download Trust Wallet
The best and easiest way to securely store your cryptocurrencies is to use a good wallet that you control on your device.
If you store your cryptos on exchanges, you stand at the risk of losing all at once. And as the cryptosphere has matured, even iOS users have a lot of options for crypto mobile wallets.
Also, whenever you use any of these iOS wallets, we suggest you follow the basic security practices always, some of which are:
I will update this list on a regular basis so watch this space. Some of the iOS wallets that I am watching now are:
Do let us know which wallets you use in the comments section below.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends on Facebook & Twitter!
Here are hand-picked guides for you to read next:
Read this article:
Best Bitcoin/Altcoin Wallets For iPhone [2019 Edition]
- Crypto Analyst: Ethereum, XRP and Altcoins Poised for Major Rally As Bitcoin (BTC) Dominance Drops - The Daily Hodl - November 18th, 2019
- Bye-Bye Bitcoin? Why the Altcoin Bottom is In - newsBTC - November 18th, 2019
- Proof of Stake Creator: Bitcoin Unlikely to Dominate Altcoins in Long Run - Ethereum World News - November 18th, 2019
- Crypto Conundrum: Bullish Bitcoin Price Action Halts Altcoin ... - April 24th, 2019
- Altcoin Season 2019 Thrives: Everex (EVX) Leading Binance ... - April 21st, 2019
- What is an Altcoin? - CCN - February 9th, 2019
- Altcoin Trader South Africa - ice3x Altcoin Exchange ... - February 2nd, 2019
- Altcointrader.co.za Review - Altcoin Trader, Login ... - January 27th, 2019
- Bitcoin History Part 5: A Wild Altcoin Appears - Bitcoin News - January 9th, 2019
- Latest News on Altcoin | Altcoin Breaking News | DC Forecasts - January 9th, 2019
- Altcoin Daily Preview: Tron (TRX) Could Bounce back ... - January 9th, 2019
- Most promising Altcoins and ... - Captain Altcoin - January 8th, 2019
- Altcoin - Investopedia - December 12th, 2018
- GoChain (GO): Here's Why This Altcoin Might $GO All The ... - November 10th, 2018
- Find The Best Bitcoin, Altcoin, or Multi-Cryptocurrency ... - November 10th, 2018
- Altcoins Explained | The Best Altcoin Guide for the Beginning ... - October 3rd, 2018
- Altcoin.io | The cryptocurrency exchange of the future | Wefunder - September 30th, 2018
- Android Bitcoin ~ Altcoin Price Ticker ~ Coin Maker - September 4th, 2018
- 7 Altcoin Exchanges Without KYC & AML - CoinSutra - August 22nd, 2018
- Altcoin News Archives - Ethereum World News - August 7th, 2018
- How to Choose Which Altcoin to Invest In? - Coinidol.com - August 7th, 2018
- Altcoin News | Altcoin News today | Latest Altcoin News - July 27th, 2018
- USING ALTCOIN TRADER - rsainvestments.blogspot.com - June 24th, 2018
- Guide: Compiling an altcoin daemon in Ubuntu Linux ... - May 31st, 2018
- Top 3 Altcoin Trading Exchanges - [Reviews and Ratings] - May 27th, 2018
- PacCoin VPS Masternode Guide AltCoin Guide - May 12th, 2018
- Asian Cryptocurrency Trading Roundup: Top Altcoin is Tron ... - May 10th, 2018
- Alternate Cryptocurrencies aka altcoins r/altcoin - reddit - May 9th, 2018
- Garzik Forks UnitedBitcoin Away from "Maximalists" to Support Altcoin ... - April 13th, 2018
- Bitcoin, Altcoin and Cryptography explained - April 4th, 2018
- ZClassic and the Bitcoin Private fork : altcoin - March 4th, 2018
- Altcoin Trustworthy Decentralized Cryptocurrency Exchange? - March 4th, 2018
- Blockfolio Bitcoin Altcoin App on the App Store - March 4th, 2018
- Morning Asian Altcoin Trading Roundup: the leader is Tron - February 28th, 2018
- Webinar: Bitcoin Overshadowed by Altcoin Surge - Nasdaq.com - February 12th, 2018
- Bitcoin Mine News Bitcoin & Altcoin Mining & Trading News - January 7th, 2018
- Ethereum, Litecoin Prices Headline $20 Billion Altcoin Rally - January 7th, 2018
- What is an Altcoin? - CryptoCurrency Facts - January 4th, 2018
- What is an Altcoin? - ccn.com - December 20th, 2017
- Trading Bitcoin for an Altcoin Won't Shield You From the IRS ... - December 20th, 2017
- Buy or Sell Bitcoin, Litecoin, Altcoin Multi Crypto Currency ... - December 20th, 2017
- Altcoin Exchange Performs First Atomic Swap Between Bitcoin ... - December 6th, 2017
- GitHub - ander7agar/altcoin-rpc: A modern Bitcoin Core REST ... - December 2nd, 2017
- Altcoins - BTCMANAGER - November 28th, 2017
- Markets Update: Bitcoin Bull-Run Primes Altcoin Markets for ... - November 25th, 2017
- Altcoin Exchange, the Decentralized Cryptocurrency Exchange ... - October 17th, 2017
- Altcoin Watchlist | Meet & Learn Cryptocurrencies - October 4th, 2017
- CryptoCurrency Investing: Research and Due-Diligence ... - September 6th, 2017
- ATC Coin Review: ATCC altcoin with massively inflated ... - September 5th, 2017
- JRM Altcoin Update - Quit chasing the headlines! - YouTube - September 4th, 2017
- Bitcoin Cash Statistics Confirm BCH is Just Another Altcoin - Live Bitcoin News - September 2nd, 2017
- Which Altcoins to Buy This Week? (31st of August, 2017) - Live Bitcoin News - September 1st, 2017
- OpenBazaar Developers May Introduce Altcoin Support in the Near Future - The Merkle - August 27th, 2017
- Exante launches XAI, the world's first altcoin fund - GlobeNewswire (press release) - August 25th, 2017
- ALTCOIN | Bitcoin Insider - August 23rd, 2017
- Altcoin Forum - Alternative Cryptocurrecies Location - August 23rd, 2017
- Op Ed: Drivechains Could Kill Off the Altcoin Market - August 22nd, 2017
- Nakamoto Institute Daniel Krawisz: I Don't Like Altcoins, but I Like Forks - Bitcoin News (press release) - August 22nd, 2017
- Bithumb, Highest Volume Exchange Globally, Adds Monero - Inside Bitcoins - August 22nd, 2017
- One-Man Band To Create The Second Altcoin Forum In The World - Coin Idol (press release) - August 18th, 2017
- When altcoin life imitates art - FT Alphaville (registration) - August 14th, 2017
- ALTCOIN CAPITAL - Trusted Crypto Traders - August 12th, 2017
- Overstock Now Accepts Various Altcoins for Payment - Including ... - Bitcoin News (press release) - August 10th, 2017
- What are Altcoins and ICOs Bitcoin Whiteboard Tuesday - 99 Bitcoins (blog) - August 9th, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Symbol BCC Belongs to BitConnect Coin, Not Bitcoin Cash - Markets Insider - August 8th, 2017
- Crypto-Startup Hubcoin Announces Distribution of Pre-Mined HUB to Altcoin Developers - Bitcoinist - August 3rd, 2017
- This Altcoin Is Ready to Challenge Bitcoin's Domination of the ... - Futurism - July 31st, 2017
- Beginning of altcoin's end: US signals digital coins may be subject to federal securities law - CalvinAyre.com - July 31st, 2017
- All Major Indian Exchanges Reject Bitcoin Cash Completely - Live Bitcoin News - July 31st, 2017
- Global Advisors Launches ICO and Altcoin Closed-End Private Fund - Finance Magnates - July 31st, 2017
- USING ALTCOIN TRADER - rsainvestments.blogspot.co.za - Google - July 9th, 2017
- Payza Commits to Cryptocurrency: Unveils Full Bitcoin Services, Introduces Altcoin Exchanges - CoinDesk - July 7th, 2017
- What is an Altcoin? Bitcoin Magazine - July 7th, 2017
- CryptoPing completes $2.5 million ICO to further develop altcoin trading intel bot - CryptoNinjas - July 4th, 2017
- Saturday Slump: Ethereum, Bitcoin Prices Headline Crypto Market Downturn - CryptoCoinsNews - July 1st, 2017
- Monday Massacre: Bitcoin, Ethereum Lead the Way as Cryptocurrencies Retreat into the Red - CryptoCoinsNews - June 26th, 2017
- Altcoin signal app CryptoPing set to conclude ICO with over $1m already raised - CryptoNinjas - June 25th, 2017
- EasyMINE: Altcoin Mining for Everyone - Coin Idol (press release) - June 22nd, 2017
- Altcoin 2017 Forecast: Litecoin (LTC), Peercoin (PPC ... - June 18th, 2017
- Which Altcoins To Buy This Week (16th of June, 2017) - Live Bitcoin News - June 17th, 2017