If you own cryptocurrencies and an iOS device,I am sure you have struggled to find the right crypto wallets. However, these days developers have started supporting iOS devices too.
Now the iOS device users no longer need to store their cryptos on exchanges and jeopardize the security of their cryptocurrencies.
Also, in any case, the habit of storing your cryptocurrencies on exchanges is stronglydiscouraged by CoinSutra. But we also understand that some crypto users are forced to do so because they dont know about cryptocurrency wallets that are supported on iOS devices.
Thats why in this post I am going to share about popular Bitcoin and cryptocurrency wallets that can be used on iOS devices too.
BRD is easy to use and is a secure Bitcoin wallet through which you can send/store/receive your bitcoins easily.
The UI is sleek and streamlined for beginners as well as advanced users and provides a very good user experience.
The good thing is that it is available for iOS version also where users can get started in seconds as there is no registration or signups required to use this wallet.
Some of its notable features are of this wallet are:
Also, BRD wallet supports segwit addresses which are very good for reduction of transaction fees while transacting in BTC.
Edge (Formerly known as Airbitz) is also a non-custodial HD wallet just like other popular HD wallets and has a very good development community backing it since 2013.
Edges iOS version Bitcoin wallet is one of the oldest in the market and has pretty decent reviews. I have never used it but it always remains on my mobile as an emergency backup wallet that I can use anytime. Its security features are a step ahead than its peers. Some of its notable features are:
Check out our CEO Harsh Agarwal talking to Aitbitzs CEO at the Bitcoin Conference Miami 2017.
Note: This wallet is available for iPhones and iPad currently.
Download Edge iOS Wallet
Copay is a product of BitPay, a long-time operating Bitcoin company in the cryptosphere.
Copay is a non-hosted HD wallet that is very easy to use and is under continuous development/maintenance of a strong development team.
There are some USPs of this wallet that allows one to store their Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash in a hassle free way.
Note: This wallet is a Bitcoin & Bitcoin Cash-only wallet available for iPhones and iPad currently.
Download Copay iOS Wallet
Another fine wallet for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is Jaxx.
Jaxx is a multi-cryptocurrencywallet with an active development community behind it and has all the features that one requires in a non-hosted wallet such as:
Jaxx has had its fair share of controversies, particularly when theywere found keeping usersmnemonic phrases in plain text, but that has changed now.
Note: It supports more than 25 cryptocurrencies (including Bitcoin) in its current iOS version.
Download Jaxx iOS Wallet
Bitpie is another popular Bitcoin wallet that has started getting a lot of traction.
I noticed this wallet while recovering forks of Bitcoin like SBTC and Bitcoin Diamond. Ever since this wallet is on my Android device.
However, the good news is, it is an HD wallet that now supports multiple currencies on the iOS platform too.
While using Bitpie you have access to the following features:
Note: It supports BTC, ETH, LTC, EOS, QTUM, and ZEC as of now on its Android version and BTC plus BCH on its iOS version.
Download Bitpie iOS Wallet
Blockchain wallet is the oldest cryptocurrency mobile wallet available in the market and luckily they have the iOS version for you.
It is, without a doubt, the worlds most popular mobile wallet for storing Bitcoin with more than 23 million users.
It is an HD wallet that comes with all the regular features that one might want in a self-hosted wallet. Some of the features that keep you in charge of your crypto funds all the time are:
Always remember:If you lose the 12-18 seed words, you will lose your all bitcoins.
Note:It is a Bitcoin-only wallet and doesnt support other currencies currently.
Download Blockchain iOS Wallet
Trust wallet is another multi-currency wallet for iOS users but this wallet doesnt support Bitcoin.
Trust wallet is the wallet for Ethereum and Ethereum based ERC20 tokens and ERC223 tokens. Here in this wallet your private key is only stored locally and protected with many layers of security.
Trust wallet also acts like a Web3 Browser that allows you to interact with decentralized applications (DApp) directly from the app.
Download Trust Wallet
The best and easiest way to securely store your cryptocurrencies is to use a good wallet that you control on your device.
If you store your cryptos on exchanges, you stand at the risk of losing all at once. And as the cryptosphere has matured, even iOS users have a lot of options for crypto mobile wallets.
Also, whenever you use any of these iOS wallets, we suggest you follow the basic security practices always, some of which are:
I will update this list on a regular basis so watch this space. Some of the iOS wallets that I am watching now are:
Do let us know which wallets you use in the comments section below.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends on Facebook & Twitter!
Here are hand-picked guides for you to read next:
Read this article:
Best Bitcoin/Altcoin Wallets For iPhone [2019 Edition]
- Top Analyst Says One Altcoin Massively Undervalued, Goes ... - September 19th, 2020
- A "Tsunami" of Wealth - Investorplace.com - September 19th, 2020
- Heres why 2017 altcoin Aelf (ELF) has surged 100% in the past day - CryptoSlate - September 17th, 2020
- Uniswap Protocol Governance Token (UNI) is Live! - Product Release & Updates - Altcoin Buzz - September 17th, 2020
- Analyst Nicholas Merten Says One Altcoin Poised to Outperform Bitcoin As Crypto Markets Search for Direction - The Daily Hodl - September 17th, 2020
- Binance Coin surges by ~22%; could it be the Burger talking? - AMBCrypto English - September 17th, 2020
- Linear Finance Token (LINA) Lists on Uniswap! - Product Release & Updates - Altcoin Buzz - September 17th, 2020
- User who turned $200 in Ethereum into $250k due to altcoin bug comes clean - CryptoSlate - September 10th, 2020
- Bitcoin Crashes Below $10,000, Is The 'Altcoin & DeFi Apocalypse' Over Yet? - Bitcoin Exchange Guide - September 10th, 2020
- YFI Climbs 50% From $18K Low While The Rest Of Crypto Stagnates, But Why? - NewsBTC - September 10th, 2020
- DeFi Exit Scam Alert - $2.5M Moved - Finance and Funding - Altcoin Buzz - September 10th, 2020
- BTC and Altcoin Pay is Growing Fast, Says Crypto Payment Firm BitPay - Cryptonews - August 28th, 2020
- This Will Hold Altcoin Until It Reaches $ 100 Thousand - Somag News - August 28th, 2020
- Analyst Explains Anatomy Of An Altcoin Shakeout With BATs Vertical Rally - newsBTC - August 28th, 2020
- The altcoins are really starting to pop - Asia Times - August 26th, 2020
- But why is altcoin trading concentrated mostly in East Asia? - AMBCrypto English - August 26th, 2020
- Altcoins Look Excessively Swollen Compared to Ethereum - Somag News - August 26th, 2020
- 2017s forgotten altcoins ZRX, OMG, and BAT are booming on a DeFi promise - CryptoSlate - August 26th, 2020
- Analyst Explains Anatomy Of An Altcoin Shakeout With BATs Vertical Rally - The Coin Radar - August 26th, 2020
- Cosmos (ATOM) price surges despite most altcoins in the red - Invezz - August 26th, 2020
- Bitcoin 'maximalists' accused of 'shilling' an SEC-cleared token - Cointelegraph - August 26th, 2020
- 3 Reasons Why Ethereum Price Rallied 75% to Hit a 2-Year High at $400 - Cointelegraph - August 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin SV Price Analysis: BSV/USD takes the altcoin rally a notch higher, approaching $250 - FXStreet - August 2nd, 2020
- DataDash: Two Crypto Newcomers Will Surge Alongside Bitcoin, Ethereum and XRP in New Bull Cycle - The Daily Hodl - August 2nd, 2020
- As Altcoin Season Presses on, Whats Next for Crypto Futures? - Finance Magnates - July 31st, 2020
- Altcoin Price Analysis Bitcoin Cash, Tezos and IOTA: BCH/USD and IOT/USD look to break past key levels - FXStreet - July 31st, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Touched $11,400, Altcoin Season Over? - CryptoPotato - July 31st, 2020
- Bitcoin Struggles At $11,000: Altcoins Starting To Regain Momentum? - CryptoPotato - July 31st, 2020
- Litecoin spikes 10% to lead top altcoin gains today | CoinJournal.net - CoinJournal - July 31st, 2020
- As Bitcoin tops $11,000 level, investor interest in India on the rise - Livemint - July 31st, 2020
- Long Gold, and Long Cryptos - InvestorPlace - July 31st, 2020
- Cardano and Litecoin Lead the Altcoin Market - Somag News - July 27th, 2020
- Top Analyst Bullish on Ethereum and Five Altcoins, Says Bitcoin Wont Lead Surge in Crypto Market Cap - The Daily Hodl - July 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin Analyst Says Crypto Traders Who Ignore Two Emerging Trends Will Miss Out, Warns Altcoins Set for Pullback - The Daily Hodl - July 27th, 2020
- Ethereum 2.0 validator testnet goes live: ETH Research Team - AMBCrypto - July 27th, 2020
- Altcoin Market Update: Akropolis and Ocean Protocol are unstoppable lately thanks to DeFi bull... - Forex Crunch - July 27th, 2020
- Prominent Bitcoin Whale Predicts Mass Altcoin Extinction Ahead of Next BTC Rally - The Daily Hodl - July 5th, 2020
- PrimeXBT Comparison: Will DeFi Defy The ICO-Fueled Ethereum All-Time High? - Ethereum World News - July 4th, 2020
- These Altcoins Set a New ATH While Bitcoin And Ethereum Tank | NewsBTC - newsBTC - July 4th, 2020
- Renowned analyst predicts Bitcoin to outperform altcoins in 2021 - FXStreet - July 4th, 2020
- Ouroboros, as explained by IOHK researchers - Altcoin Buzz - July 4th, 2020
- XRP Price Can Outperform Bitcoin in the Short Term Heres Why - Cointelegraph - July 4th, 2020
- Ethereum, Chainlink and Tezos price analysis: June 28 - AMBCrypto - June 29th, 2020
- This top-30 altcoin is integrating with Chainlink (LINK) for bolstering smart contract ecosystem - CryptoSlate - June 29th, 2020
- Brutal Drop In Altcoins Anticipated as Bitcoin Dominance Projected to Surge | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 29th, 2020
- Chainlink (LINK) Near New All-Time High Heres 3 Reasons for the Rally - Cointelegraph - June 29th, 2020
- Pantera Capital: Bitcoin Set to Begin Meteoric Bull Run But Ethereum and Certain Altcoins Will Outperform BTC - The Daily Hodl - June 29th, 2020
- Most traded crypto in June 2020: are we in the altcoin season? - Capital.com - June 20th, 2020
- Top 3 Price Prediction Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple: Altcoin season just around the corner - FXStreet - June 20th, 2020
- Top Crypto Strategist Predicts Bitcoin (BTC) Will Surpass $20,000 in Just Two Months With Ethereum Leading Next Altcoin Rally - The Daily Hodl - June 17th, 2020
- Liquidations May Loom as Altcoin Bulls Hold Despite Shorts Spiking - Cointelegraph - June 13th, 2020
- Tether.io becomes second largest altcoin behind Ethereum tokens - HedgeWeek - June 13th, 2020
- ETH Miners Will Have Little Choice Once Ethereum 2.0 Launches With PoS - Cointelegraph - June 13th, 2020
- Sparks fly as developer suggests an altcoin will overtake Bitcoin in the next five years - CryptoSlate - June 9th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price To Hit $150,000; Ethereum At $9,000 In Next Bull Run, Blockfyre Founder Predicts - International Business Times - June 9th, 2020
- Despite Its Recent Controversy, This is the Latest Altcoin Ready to Moon - Bitcoin Exchange Guide - June 9th, 2020
- Why An Even Deeper Correction Is Expected For The Crypto Markets Hottest Altcoin | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 8th, 2020
- Analyst Predicts Next Bull Run Will Send Bitcoin to $150K and Ether to $9K - Cointelegraph - June 8th, 2020
- Venture Capitalist Predicts Bitcoin Boom to $150,000, Says Ethereum and Four Altcoins Will Outperform BTC - The Daily Hodl - June 8th, 2020
- Stocks aren't the only asset climbing - InvestorPlace - June 8th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency in Undeveloped Nations - Altcoin Buzz - June 8th, 2020
- Ethereum, Binance Coin, Algorand Price Analysis: 03 June - AMBCrypto English - June 8th, 2020
- Ethereum looks bullish as its fees surpassed BTC's on June 7 - CoinJournal - June 8th, 2020
- Crypto Index Analysis: Boosted by altcoin breakout - Capital.com - June 2nd, 2020
- Ethereums price rush may run out of steam - AMBCrypto English - June 2nd, 2020
- ETH showing strong signals as EOS and XRP likely to regress - CoinJournal - June 2nd, 2020
- Cardano and Ethereum Price Surge Alongside Bitcoin Will XLM Follow? - Cointelegraph - June 1st, 2020
- Ethereum Chart Makes It Clear: Altcoin Season Is Already Over | NewsBTC - newsBTC - June 1st, 2020
- Max Keiser: There Isn't Anything Crypto Altcoins Do That Bitcoin Won't Do - Bitcoinist - June 1st, 2020
- Altcoins Outpace Bitcoin in Broad Crypto Rally: Cardano and Ethereum Biggest Gainers - The Daily Hodl - June 1st, 2020
- Are Altcoins Silver To Bitcoin As Gold? Unusual Correlation Discovered | NewsBTC - newsBTC - May 20th, 2020
- Polkadot: The Interoperable Blockchain Network - Altcoin Projects - Altcoin Buzz - May 20th, 2020
- Beware: this altcoins price action could be part of a pump and dump scheme - CryptoSlate - May 18th, 2020
- Is Tezos rapid progress a threat to both Bitcoin and Ethereum? - AMBCrypto English - May 18th, 2020
- XTZ Price Analysis: Bears Take a Breather on XTZ/USD As Price Swings Past $2.6, Tezos Becomes 2020 Altcoin With STO Pipeline Projects - Latest Crypto... - May 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin Cash struggles with negative pressure, while VET & LINK trend higher - AMBCrypto - May 15th, 2020
- Stellar Cryptocurrency Prints a TD9: Heres Why It Means More Upside is Likely - newsBTC - May 15th, 2020
- As Halving Nears, Ethereum (ETH) Stands More Chances Amid Altcoins - KryptoMoney - May 12th, 2020
- Heres Why Altcoins Bouncing as Bitcoin Retraced From $10K Is Bullish - Cointelegraph - May 11th, 2020
- Crypto scams are on the rise: 5 ways to avoid them - Livemint - May 11th, 2020