After losing its major upwards momentum roughly ten days ago when Bitcoin failed to break above $5,400, BTC has been able to hold steady above $5,000 and has tepidly clawed its way upwards towards $5,300.
Now, one analyst believes that Bitcoin will incur just enough buying pressure to propel its price up towards $5,800, at which point it will face significant selling pressure that may lead to a large drop.
At the time of writing Bitcoin is trading up marginally at its current price of $5,300, up slightly from its daily lows of $5,230.
Although Bitcoin has been able to post minor gains over the past several days, it is important to note that is strongest confirmed level of resistance currently exists at $5,400, as BTC has failed to make any decisive advances past this level without being swiftly pushed lower.
Despite this, Bitcoin may be currently incurring strength that will allow it to surge up towards $5,800 at which point it will likely find greater levels of selling pressure.
XC, a popular cryptocurrency trader on Twitter, shared his thoughts on Bitcoin in a recent tweet, explaining that he expects BTC to see another scam move up to the upper-$5,700 region, at which point it will be pushed back down.
Seeing weak bearish moves all across the board here, think we get one more scam move up with a harsh peak around 5777, he explained.
One pattern that traders and analysts alike have been closely watching is the golden cross that Bitcoin is currently en route to forming. Previously, this pattern was only hypothetical, but it now appears that BTC will in fact make this formation, which would be highly bullish for the cryptocurrency.
One analyst believes that the formation of this pattern will lead to massive volatility that could either send Bitcoins price surging upwards or reeling downwards depending on whether bulls or bears take this opportunity to strike.
$BTC. Golden cross trajectory now April 24. (Was previously April 25). Should be interesting. Lot of hype that this is the bull run signal. If I were a bear or bull whale, thats when Id strike. Bull whale rides momentum of GC traders. Bear whale destroys their morale, B.Biddies, another popular crypto analyst, explained in a recent tweet.
Assuming that there are not any massive price movements over the next several days that change the timing of the golden cross formation, investors and traders alike should not take the current stability in the crypto markets for granted, as it may not last for very long.
Read more here:
Analyst: Bitcoin (BTC) Likely to Soon See Massive Volatility ...
- Is This The Real Reason Behind Bitcoins Huge Weekend Flash Crash? - Forbes - August 4th, 2020
- First Mover: As Fed Nears Inflation Rubicon, Analysts See $50K Bitcoin in Play - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - August 4th, 2020
- TUM team finds Bitcoin accounts for 2/3 of total energy consumption of cryptocurrencies - Green Car Congress - August 4th, 2020
- Bitcoin's flash crash and recent rally explained - BNN - August 4th, 2020
- Over 90% of ETH's Supply Now in Profit | Markets and Prices Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - August 4th, 2020
- Chinese Bitcoin Miners Face Tougher Than Ever Rainy Season in 2020 - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - August 4th, 2020
- Bitcoin Trading Is Booming in Uncertain Russia, With 350% Spike in New Users on Paxful | Exchanges - Bitcoin News - August 4th, 2020
- 17-year-old accused of masterminding Twitter bitcoin scam - CNBC - August 4th, 2020
- Bitcoin Scaling Tech Could Have Saved Companies and Users $500M in Fees: Report - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - August 4th, 2020
- Government-Owned Swiss Bank Launching Crypto Trading and Custody Services | News - Bitcoin News - August 4th, 2020
- Bitcoin and Biotech on My Mind as Defiant Bears Get Crushed - RealMoney - August 4th, 2020
- Bitcoin will drop to $10K before rally resumes - Asia Times - August 4th, 2020
- Bitcoin Proof of Stake BitcoinPoS BPS - News Anyway - August 4th, 2020
- Ethereum Is Beating Bitcoin In More Ways Than One - Forbes - July 14th, 2020
- A Panel of Experts See Bitcoin Averaging $12948 by Year End - Bitcoin News - July 14th, 2020
- 'Ferocious Rally': Weiss Ratings Bullish on Bitcoin, Price to Hit $70K Next Year | Markets and Prices - Bitcoin News - July 14th, 2020
- Bitcoin Thieves Hit Cashaa - Infosecurity Magazine - July 14th, 2020
- $424 Million and Numismatic Value: There's Only 20000 Casascius Physical Bitcoins Left Unspent | Featured Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - July 14th, 2020
- This Exchange Crashed Bitcoin Price to $9K: Heres Why Thats Bullish - Cointelegraph - July 14th, 2020
- US Army Requests Information on Tools to Track Cryptocurrency Transactions | News - Bitcoin News - July 14th, 2020
- 'Fiat and Money Printing' Street Mural Earns $500 in Bitcoin Donations in Five Days | News - Bitcoin News - July 14th, 2020
- Bitcoin Trading Volume Slumps; Will TikTok Revive Dogecoin? - Forbes - July 14th, 2020
- Comparing Apple to Bitcoin? Crypto Occupies a Class of Its Own - Cointelegraph - July 14th, 2020
- Huobi Futures to launch bitcoin options trading in Q3 - HedgeWeek - July 14th, 2020
- Bitcoin Transactions: New High for Argentina as Confidence in the Peso Tanks - Bitcoin News - July 14th, 2020
- CoinSwap and the Ongoing Effort to Make Bitcoin Privacy 'Invisible' - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - July 14th, 2020
- Black wealth must exit to Bitcoin, says author Isaiah Jackson - Decrypt - July 14th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Retreat As Bulls Run Out Of Steam At The 50-Day SMA - InvestingCube - July 14th, 2020
- US Dept of Homeland Security Buys Analytics Software From Coinbase | News - Bitcoin News - July 14th, 2020
- Bug in Bitcoin Wallets Found Using the Replace-By-Fee Feature - PRNewswire - July 14th, 2020
- Nearly $60M in Bitcoin Moved to Ethereum in June - Yahoo Finance - July 9th, 2020
- ModiHost's Token Is Live on HitBTC, the Leading European Bitcoin Exchange | Press release - Bitcoin News - July 9th, 2020
- For The First Time It's Free To Hold Bitcoin In A Retirement Account - Introducing The No Annual Fee Choice IRA For Digital And Traditional Assets -... - July 9th, 2020
- Permissionless Software Foundation Aims to Foster Open-Source Software With Bitcoin Cash - Bitcoin News - July 9th, 2020
- Bitcoin Will Never Be Truly Private Says Andreas Antonopoulos - Cointelegraph - July 8th, 2020
- Forget Bitcoin and Cash ISAs! I'd buy cheap FTSE 100 shares now to beat the State Pension - Yahoo Finance UK - July 8th, 2020
- Ethereum, Bitcoin locked in DeFi hits all-time high of $2 billion - Decrypt - July 8th, 2020
- Nearly $60M in Bitcoin Moved to Ethereum in June - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - July 7th, 2020
- The Three Most Controversial Bitcoin Price Models and What They Predict - Cointelegraph - July 7th, 2020
- Trumps Former Sanctions Chief Joins Bitcoin Investigation Firm Advisory Board As Part Of Expanded $49 Million Investment - Forbes - July 7th, 2020
- Bitcoin Undo Button & Fleeing Firms: Bad Crypto News of the Week - Cointelegraph - July 7th, 2020
- Bitcoin Up 27% in First Half of 2020, Beating Gold, Silver and Platinum - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - July 7th, 2020
- The Popular Stablecoin Tether Is Now Circulating on the Bitcoin Cash Network - Bitcoin News - July 7th, 2020
- Demand for Bitcoin Will See a Dramatic Shift in 8 Years - Retail Investors to Eat up Entire New Supply | Economics - Bitcoin News - July 7th, 2020
- Breadwallet and Ledger Live Released Fixes for Flaws in Bitcoin Wallets - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - July 7th, 2020
- Developer Reveals Layer-Two Private Messaging and Payment System on Bitcoin Cash | Technology - Bitcoin News - July 7th, 2020
- Equities Buoy Bitcoin, But Price Headwinds Are Unchanged - Forbes - July 7th, 2020
- Alleged scammers hid $14 million of stolen money in Bitcoin - Decrypt - July 7th, 2020
- Bitcoin As A Payment System Crypto Cards And The Rocky Road They Travel - Forbes - July 7th, 2020
- Bitcoin will hit $50,000 by the end of the year Nexo co-founder - Crypto News Flash - July 7th, 2020
- Crypto Derivatives Volumes Crash 36% to $393 Billion in June, a Low for 2020 | Markets and Prices - Bitcoin News - July 7th, 2020
- 20K Bitcoin Is Still On The Table - Futures Magazine - July 7th, 2020
- First Mover: The Return of the Bitcoin Retail Investor (And Why Thats a Good Thing) - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - June 30th, 2020
- The most secretive Bitcoin wallet just moved nearly $1 billion - Decrypt - June 30th, 2020
- Why the Stock-to-Flow Bitcoin Valuation Model Is Wrong - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - June 30th, 2020
- Why Bitcoin Will Take a Long Time to Dethrone the Dollar - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - June 30th, 2020
- Skeptics Concerned Plustoken Scammers Plan to Dump $187M Worth of Ethereum | Altcoins - Bitcoin News - June 30th, 2020
- Bitcoin.org Maintainer Calls for the Removal of Cobra, Website Owner Then Fires Him - Bitcoin News - June 30th, 2020
- An Israeli Blockchain Startup Claims Theyve Invented an Undo Button for Bitcoin Transactions - Cointelegraph - June 30th, 2020
- Bitcoin and Cardanos ADA Weekly Technical Analysis June 29th, 2020 - Yahoo Finance - June 30th, 2020
- Theory of Bitcoin: Essential knowledge from Craig Wright and Ryan X. Charles - CoinGeek - June 30th, 2020
- Bolstering Separation of Money and State Following the 244th Independence Day - Bitcoin News - June 30th, 2020
- Legendary Investor Jim Rogers Warns Governments Will Have To Eliminate Bitcoin - Forbes - June 27th, 2020
- What Changed My Mind About Bitcoin Narratives - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - June 27th, 2020
- The Last Time Volatility Was This Low Bitcoin Went On to Rally By $2K - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - June 27th, 2020
- Record Unemployment Has Contributed To A Striking Shift Toward Bitcoin, New Research Reveals - Forbes - June 27th, 2020
- Developer Who Successfully Hacked Bitcoin Wallet Ensures BTC Is Still Safe - Cointelegraph - June 27th, 2020
- What will happen to Bitcoin after all 21 million are mined? - Decrypt - June 27th, 2020
- Leveraged Tokens Soon Available on the Bitcoin.com Exchange | Promoted - Bitcoin News - June 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin mining farm buys up 17,600 minersdespite the halving - Decrypt - June 27th, 2020
- 6 Privacy-Enhancing Tools That Place Bitcoin Cash Transactions Ahead of the Pack | Privacy - Bitcoin News - June 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin Mining Chip Manufacturer Ebang to List on Nasdaq This Week - Bitcoin News - June 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin Suddenly Plunged To $8,900And It May Kickstart A 3-Month Correction - Forbes - June 16th, 2020
- Inactive Bitcoin Supply Reaches 4-Year High, Pointing to Bullish Sentiment - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - June 16th, 2020
- Crypto 101: How to Send and Receive Bitcoin Cash Via the Bitcoin.com Wallet | Featured - Bitcoin News - June 16th, 2020
- 6 Reasons Why 2020 Is a Great Year for Bitcoin - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - June 16th, 2020
- Currency wars: The rise of bitcoin - Opinion - Jakarta Post - June 16th, 2020
- Encrypted Messaging Site Privnote Cloned to Steal Bitcoin - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - June 16th, 2020
- Bitcoin is becoming more trustworthy than big banks, says survey - Decrypt - June 16th, 2020
- Bitcoin-Friendly Top US Banking Regulator Aims to Solve Banks' Problems With Decentralization | News - Bitcoin News - June 14th, 2020