Bitcoin-rivals bitcoin cash and bitcoin SV, both of which are offshoots of the original bitcoin, have suddenly soaredwith bitcoin SV now double where it started the year.
The bitcoin price has climbed on the back of the broader crypto rally, adding 5% over the last 25-hour trading period to hit a fresh high for 2020. Bitcoin cash, which split from bitcoin in 2017 in a so-called hard fork, has climbed around 7%.
Bitcoin SV, which in turn broke away from bitcoin cash in 2018 and is controlled by the controversial Australian computer scientist Craig Wright, has rocketed higher following reports Wright has acquired documents that might help prove he had a hand in bitcoin's creation a little over 10 years ago.
The price of bitcoin forks bitcoin SV and bitcoin cash failed to perform as well as bitcoin last ... [+] year but they have both started 2020 strongly.
Bitcoin SV has been climbing for the last month after struggling for most of 2019 and over the last few weeks has leaped sharply higheradding a staggering 80% in just the last week.
Wright, who has repeatedly claimed to be the mysterious creator of bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto, is locked in a long-running U.S. legal dispute with Ira Kleiman who is suing for half of a 1.1 million bitcoin hoard, worth almost $9 billion.
Wright scored a minor victory in court last week when a judge ruled facts previously established in the Florida trial were now in dispute and granted Wright three weeks to unlock the so-called Tulip Trust that contains many of the first bitcoin ever created.
Wright claims the trust is currently inaccessible because several keys are held by an unnamed intermediary but now has until February 3 to find them.
However, U.S. judge Beth Bloom has expressed doubts that the documents will eventually appear.
"Given the defendants many inconsistencies and misstatements, the court questions whether it is remotely plausible that the mysterious bonded courier is going to arrive, yet alone that he will arrive in January 2020 as the defendant now contends," judge Bloom wrote in a court order dated January 10.
Bitcoin SV's supporters hope that this latest development in the complex story will mean Wright is accepted as bitcoin's creator and, with control of more than 1 million bitcoin, is able to steer the market towards his bitcoin SV.
The bitcoin SV price has added a whopping 110% over the last month, climbing above the psychological ... [+] $200 per token mark.
Meanwhile, the bitcoin and cryptocurrency market remains upbeat heading into 2020despite some dire warnings.
Yesterday, long-awaited exchange-traded bitcoin options launched on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, allowing traders to make more sophisticated bets on the future price of bitcoin.
Elsewhere, bitcoin's hash rate last week hit a fresh all-time high while some have speculated digital assets have begun to act as so-called safe havens.
- Bitcoin Reaches Its Highest In More Than 2 Months - Forbes - January 14th, 2020
- Resurgent Bitcoin Will Likely Shrug Off Long-Term Bear Cross - Coindesk - January 14th, 2020
- Bitcoin's price rose 87% in 2019 here's what happened in Q4 - The Next Web - January 14th, 2020
- Is Bitcoin in 2020 Really Like the Early Internet? - CoinDesk - January 14th, 2020
- Bitcoin: The Next Level - Forbes - January 14th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin and major altcoins start the trip to the moon - FXStreet - January 14th, 2020
- US Judge Appoints Receiver To Oversee Butte Bitcoin Plant - MTPR - January 14th, 2020
- Adam Back: $10 Million Bitcoin Prediction Is Closer Than It Sounds - CCN.com - January 14th, 2020
- Teslas Elon Musk Teases Bitcoin Community With Tongue-In-Cheek Tweet - Forbes - January 14th, 2020
- Whale Alert: $1 Billion (0.7% Of Total Bitcoins) Just Transferred For $80 Fees - CryptoPotato - January 14th, 2020
- Former Coinbase VP: we moved billions of dollars into Bitcoin in large part because of Plaid - CryptoSlate - January 14th, 2020
- These Factors Suggest Bitcoin Cashs Recent Rally is Just Getting Started - newsBTC - January 14th, 2020
- 2019 Bitcoin Transaction Volume Moved Away From US in First Since 2013 - Cointelegraph - January 14th, 2020
- Top 3 Price Prediction Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum: Higher levels to watch after the bullish run - FXStreet - January 14th, 2020
- Bitcoin Trading Volumes More than Doubled in a Week Says Report - Cointelegraph - January 14th, 2020
- Bitcoin Equivalent of $4.7 Trillion Added to US Debt is $260k per BTC - Bitcoinist - January 14th, 2020
- Is Bitcoin Is About To Repeat Its 2019 Rally? - Bitcoinist - January 14th, 2020
- 2010s In Bitcoin: The Year 2019 - Forbes - January 1st, 2020
- Officials with Butte Bitcoin company suing major investor - KPAX-TV - January 1st, 2020
- Ethereums Price Action is Similar to Bitcoins at $3,000: An Insane Rally is Imminent - newsBTC - January 1st, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Yearly Candle Shows Failed Rally, Longest Wick on Record - newsBTC - January 1st, 2020
- Etoro CEO Yoni Assia on Reaching 12 Million Users and Why Cryptos Are a Gateway to Stocks - Bitcoin News - January 1st, 2020
- 2010s In Bitcoin: The Year 2016 - Forbes - December 31st, 2019
- Bitcoin Price Poised to Jump 40% Towards $10,000; Heres Why - newsBTC - December 31st, 2019
- The 2010s In Bitcoin: The Year 2015 - Forbes - December 31st, 2019
- Bitcoin, despite its ups and downs, had a monster decade of growth - American Banker - December 31st, 2019
- 2010s In Bitcoin: The Year 2017 - Forbes - December 31st, 2019
- Bitcoin Price On Verge of Long-Term Doom; Heres Why - Ethereum World News - December 31st, 2019
- Whats in Store for Bitcoin as the Year Draws to a Close - Market Realist - December 31st, 2019
- Why Bitcoin Price Is Likely to Gain Momentum After New Years - Ethereum World News - December 31st, 2019
- Bitcoin, Ethereum are most profitable investments of the decade - Decrypt - December 31st, 2019
- Bitcoin to Benefit More from Trade War in 2020 than Halving - newsBTC - December 31st, 2019
- TronWallet Fires Away Updated Version with Bitcoin Transactions and TRX to BTC Swap Feature - U.Today - December 31st, 2019
- Bitcoin in 2019: Positive BTC Performance Across the Board - Bitcoinist - December 31st, 2019
- Bitcoin Alchemy: BTC Turns 100 Grams of Gold into Eight Tons - U.Today - December 31st, 2019
- Is Bitcoin Resilient Enough to Take on Cyber Threats in 2020? - Bitcoinist - December 31st, 2019
- This Bitcoin Halvening Could Be Drastically Different, According to Bloomberg Analyst - U.Today - December 31st, 2019
- Bitcoin's Next Decade Will Be Shaped by Derivatives - Bitcoin News - December 31st, 2019
- Analyst Who Predicted Bitcoins Plunge Months Ago: Price to Top $20,000 By Early 2021 - Ethereum World News - December 31st, 2019
- Is BSV the real Bitcoin? - CoinGeek - December 31st, 2019
- 2020 predictions for gold, bitcoin and other precious metals - Money Observer - December 31st, 2019
- Heres How to Prepare for Bitcoins Annual Birthday Bank Run - newsBTC - December 27th, 2019
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC/USD directionless ahead of New Year Confluence Detector - FXStreet - December 27th, 2019
- Bitcoin Is the Only Asset Class in the World That Is Not Rallying: Peter Schiff - U.Today - December 27th, 2019
- Bitcoin mining mostly uses energy that otherwise wouldnt be spent - AMBCrypto - December 27th, 2019
- Early Bitcoin Adopter Throws Cold Water On Halving Narrative; Heres Why - newsBTC - December 26th, 2019
- Bitcoin Gained 8.9 Million Percent Over the Last Decade - Bitcoin News - December 26th, 2019
- As 2019 closes, a look back at what happened to the altcoin boom - TechCrunch - December 26th, 2019
- Corporations Need Bitcoin. They Just Don't Know It Yet - Coindesk - December 26th, 2019
- Bitcoin Will Go Vertical In 2020, Spencer Bogart Says - Bitcoinist - December 26th, 2019
- 10 Best Performing Cryptos of 2019 Not Named Bitcoin - Cointelegraph - December 24th, 2019
- $7,700 to $7,300: Where Bitcoin Is Heading After Violent Rejection - newsBTC - December 24th, 2019
- Sell-off in marijuana stocks reminds Tom Lee of bitcoin and the dotcom bubble - CNBC - December 24th, 2019
- Ripple Bears Advance Warning To Bitcoin And Ethereum Bulls - newsBTC - December 24th, 2019
- Bitcoin's rally gets traction, $8,000 within reach? - FXStreet - December 24th, 2019
- Bitcoin Weekly Forecast: Is This Right Time To Buy BTC? - newsBTC - December 24th, 2019
- Art Haus Ethereum Meets Bitcoin Financialization - CoinDesk - December 24th, 2019
- Bitcoin Gathering Momentum to Reach $8,000 - Crypto Briefing - December 24th, 2019
- Bitcoin Could Be Better Investment Than Top Stocks in 2020s: Trader - U.Today - December 24th, 2019
- Bitcoin Developer Throws Light on BTC's Upcoming Future - Bitcoinist - December 22nd, 2019
- Hanukkah Reflections on My Year of Toying With Bitcoin - Coindesk - December 22nd, 2019
- Bitcoin's Path From Insurgents Talisman to Tool of Big Tech - WIRED - December 22nd, 2019
- Ethereum transaction volume tops Bitcoin but does that matter? - Yahoo Finance - December 22nd, 2019
- The Bitcoin multi-year trendline will break, says renowned analyst - CryptoSlate - December 22nd, 2019
- Real Bitcoin Double Spends Are Hard, Looking Into Alleged Issue - Cointelegraph - December 22nd, 2019
- Bitcoin 's recovery attempt fails to free the price from the downside trend - FXStreet - December 22nd, 2019
- How to make a Bitcoin conversion - Yahoo Finance - December 21st, 2019
- Bitcoin Hit Its All-Time High in 2017. Here Comes New Competition. - Barron's - December 21st, 2019
- Did Bitcoin Bottom? The Positive Case And The Negative Case. - Forbes - December 21st, 2019
- Bitcoin Worth $3 Billion Expected to be Mined in 2020 - Bitcoinist - December 21st, 2019
- Bitcoin Cash Accepted in Burger King as Crypto Adoption Spreads Wider - U.Today - December 21st, 2019
- Bitcoin History Part 22: The New Wealthy Elite - Bitcoin News - December 21st, 2019
- Heres What Burst Bitcoins $14,000 Yearly Top and May Lead it Even Lower - newsBTC - December 21st, 2019
- Bitcoin may revisit $7,400-$7,600 zone in the next 24 hours - AMBCrypto - December 21st, 2019
- MARKETS DAILY: Bullish Bitcoin Dreams and a 2019 to Remember - Coindesk - December 20th, 2019
- Bitcoin Price Jumps 10%, But Bull Reversal Still $700 Away - Coindesk - December 20th, 2019
- Bitcoin Price Reaches Fair Market Valuation, While Costs of Production Rise - newsBTC - December 20th, 2019
- Bitcoin And Crypto Market On The Edge: BCH, Litecoin, EOS, XLM Analysis - newsBTC - December 20th, 2019
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC/USD at crossroads, is it $8,000 or $6,000 Confluence Detector - FXStreet - December 20th, 2019
- Bitcoin vs . Ethereum: Which Cryptocurrency Should You Invest In? - Robb Report - December 20th, 2019