A few weeks ago, Devere Group CEO and founder Nigel Green said that he believed the U.S. election would bolster the price of bitcoin. Speaking with the financial broadcast MoneyFM on Monday, Green said he also believes that bitcoin will replace gold as the ultimate financial safe haven within the timespan of a generation.
Devere Group CEO Nigel Green is a big believer in crypto assets like bitcoin (BTC) and hes been more vocal about his forecasts in recent days. Last August, news.Bitcoin.com reported on Green explaining why he thinks the U.S. presidential election would have devastating effects on the U.S. dollar but also bolster bitcoin at the same time.
Greens firm Devere Group is one of the worlds largest independent financial advisory organizations in the fintech world and the firms assets under management (AUM) exceed $10 billion.
On Monday, Green once again spoke about the crypto asset again during an interview with the broadcast MoneyFM. The discussion was prompted by the Singapore Exchange (SGX) invoking two new crypto indexes in order to create a price standard for BTC and ETH throughout Asia.
Green shared his thoughts about bitcoin (BTC) and other digital currencies in the interview and explains why he thinks bitcoin could potentially replace gold.
I just think [bitcoin] has gradually become more accepted, Green said. When you go back to the basics, theres always been a system of payments in the world. If you go back to bartering, theres always been some way of people keeping score. With the current situation, we have governments keeping score, and not everyone in the world is comfortable with their own government. So one way of looking at cryptocurrencies is that a computer is keeping score.
The Devere Group CEO added:
So thats what weve seen over a number years and just gradually more and more acceptance from people. [Bitcoin] is similar to gold, as so much as gold is limited, and obviously young people are more willing to accept a digital currency than perhaps some older people.
Green said that owning U.S. dollars or Venezuelan bolivars is basically equivalent to owning promises from governments. Essentially, citizens are allowing governments to keep score, but the scorekeepers are easily corrupted.
Of course, whats happened in recent times has been mass printing of money but its really digitally added, Green stressed. If you are flooding the market with extra dollars, then in fact you are devaluing [money]. The advantage of bitcoin is that there is a limited amount. Some people would rather a computer keep score, and some people would not have faith in their government and they would rather have something where theres a limited amount.
When asked if his bitcoin prediction was sped up by Covid-19, Green responded that he thinks the coronavirus has fueled his forecast and technology in general.
Do we really think we will have Singapore dollars in our pocket or will we have digital currencies? I think we accept that ultimately it will be digital currencies, Green insisted. The next question is: Is bitcoin accepted as part of that digital world? It has become more and more apparent that it is, as younger people are more familiar with [bitcoin] and they trust in that world than perhaps other people, the Devere Group founder added.
Green continuously noted that there was a strong prevalence of the youth being more geared toward innovations like bitcoin.
Theres a particular generation that is more trusting in gold, but then theres another generation coming through, Green said.
However, he also said he was in his sixties and even at his age he believes digital currencies are easier than storing precious metals. Its easier, Green remarked. You can put [crypto assets] on your telephone, [opposed] to carrying some gold or storing gold, he concluded.
What do you think about the Devere Group CEOs opinion that bitcoin will replace gold in a generation? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
Image Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services, or companies. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.
- Bitcoin analysts explain what's next in the aftermath of BTC plunging to $16.2K - Cointelegraph - November 28th, 2020
- Bitcoin loses steam after nearing all-time highs, but trader says it could be on track to $74,000 - CNBC - November 28th, 2020
- Bitcoin plunges by nearly $3,000 after closing in on its all-time record - CNBC - November 28th, 2020
- Veteran Analyst Says BTC Might See Further Correction but 'Prices Have Not Topped' | Markets and Prices - Bitcoin News - November 28th, 2020
- Bitcoin's Carnivore Cult Is Both Stupid and Correct - CoinDesk - Coindesk - November 28th, 2020
- Ether, XRP and other 'altcoins' rally as bitcoin heads for all-time high - CNBC - November 28th, 2020
- Mike Novogratz: Everyone Should Put 2% to 3% of Their Net Worth in Bitcoin | News - Bitcoin News - November 28th, 2020
- Why Bitcoin price just hit $19,000 for the first time in 3 years - Cointelegraph - November 28th, 2020
- Will 'money printer go brrr' rob Bitcoin of its all-time high? - Cointelegraph - November 28th, 2020
- Why Is Bitcoin's Price Rising? Here Are a Few Possible Answers - CoinDesk - November 28th, 2020
- OKEx Sees Biggest Bitcoin Outflow in 8 Months After Resuming Withdrawals - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - November 28th, 2020
- Bitcoin faces this final resistance zone before $20K all-time high - Cointelegraph - November 28th, 2020
- EURST Stablecoin Reinvention of the European Economy | Sponsored - Bitcoin News - November 28th, 2020
- Bitcoin hopes of record value of over $20,000 dashed after cryptocurrency falls again - Sky News - November 28th, 2020
- Should you invest in Bitcoin and how to do it - Telegraph.co.uk - November 28th, 2020
- Russian Hospitalized After Bitcoin Mining Farm Sets Apartment on Fire - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - November 28th, 2020
- Researcher Publishes Never Before Seen Emails Between Satoshi Nakamoto and Hal Finney - Bitcoin News - November 28th, 2020
- OKExs Withdrawal Suspension Isnt Behind Bitcoins Rally: Analysts - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - November 28th, 2020
- Bitcoin now has a 7% chance of beating $20K highs in the next 2 months - Cointelegraph - October 23rd, 2020
- For the first time since 2018 Bitcoin balances on exchanges fell below 2.5M - Cointelegraph - October 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin top signal from 2017 reappears, but heres why it may not matter this time - Cointelegraph - October 23rd, 2020
- First Mover: PayPal Rushes In and Bitcoin Breaches $12K, While USDC Gains on Tether - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - October 23rd, 2020
- Macro Investor Dan Tapiero on Crypto Adoption: Emerging Economies Ahead of Developed States | News - Bitcoin News - October 23rd, 2020
- Ban All Ransomware Payments, in Bitcoin or Otherwise - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - October 23rd, 2020
- Hotel Bitcoin ATMs on the Rise With Addition of Swiss Hotel Dolder Grand | News - Bitcoin News - October 23rd, 2020
- World Gold Council Survey Shows Cryptocurrency Investment the 5th Most Popular in Russia - Bitcoin News - October 23rd, 2020
- Ethereum Q3 Volume Dwarfs Bitcoin's, Fueled by DeFi - Decrypt - October 23rd, 2020
- Crypto fans rejoice: Bitcoin rallies to the brink of $12,000 - Aljazeera.com - October 23rd, 2020
- 187,000 BTC Drained: Over $2 Billion in Bitcoin Leave the Top Exchanges Since June | Exchanges - Bitcoin News - October 19th, 2020
- A Former Goldman Sachs Hedge Fund Chief Has Predicted Bitcoin Will Surge To $1 MillionHeres Why - Forbes - October 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin minings future is green, and Russia has the best chance - Cointelegraph - October 19th, 2020
- Has Bitcoin Finally Met Its Match? - Forbes - October 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin rips and cruise ships: Bad crypto news of the week - Cointelegraph - October 19th, 2020
- Where Does Bitcoin Fit in the Global Reserve Currency Game? - CoinDesk - Coindesk - October 19th, 2020
- Enormous wall of money will send Bitcoin to $1M in 2025 Raoul Pal - Cointelegraph - October 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin's Intrinsic Value: Crypto Community Responds to Bank of England Governor | News - Bitcoin News - October 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Ready For a New Pop Will It Do It Today? - InvestingCube - October 19th, 2020
- 'Enormous Wall of Money' Coming Into Bitcoin, Price to Reach $1 Million in 5 Years, Says Raoul Pal - Bitcoin News - October 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin and Ripple's XRP - Weekly Technical Analysis October 19th, 2020 - FX Empire - October 19th, 2020
- Blockchain Bites: Bitcoin on Ethereum The Whos, Whats and Whys - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - October 19th, 2020
- First Mover: Privacy Is Litecoin's Ace in the Hole as JPMorgan Touts Bitcoin - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - October 19th, 2020
- Hathor Merge Mining Pool Commands 33% of the Bitcoin Cash Hashrate - Bitcoin News - October 19th, 2020
- Cashfusion Use Increased by 328%, $200M in BCH Fused and Close to 20,000 Fusions | Privacy - Bitcoin News - October 19th, 2020
- The Silk Road Balance Sheet Discrepancy: Bitcoin Worth $4.8 Billion Still Missing | Featured - Bitcoin News - October 19th, 2020
- Bitcoins Taproot is ready to go, but it's unlikely to be included in the next release - Cointelegraph - October 19th, 2020
- How will the US presidential election affect the price of Bitcoin? - Cointelegraph - October 11th, 2020
- $12K Bitcoin price back on the table after BTC rallies above $11.4K - Cointelegraph - October 11th, 2020
- Coinbase's 'Mission' Violates the Spirit of Bitcoin - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - October 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin: the UK and US are clamping down on crypto trading here's why it's not yet a big deal - The Conversation UK - October 11th, 2020
- Lyn Alden: Bitcoin Correlations Depend on What Phase It Is In - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - October 11th, 2020
- UK Bans Sale of Crypto Derivatives to Retail Investors from January 2021 | News - Bitcoin News - October 11th, 2020
- Yearn Finance Token Value Slides 67%, While Locked Value Loses Over $300M | Altcoins - Bitcoin News - October 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin price holds $10.5K but a $30M sell wall looms overhead - Cointelegraph - October 6th, 2020
- Bitcoin To Hit $100,000 in Five Years as Demand and Adoption Increase - Report | Markets and Prices - Bitcoin News - October 6th, 2020
- Trump, price dots and COVID-19: 5 things to watch in Bitcoin this week - Cointelegraph - October 6th, 2020
- $8M Worth of 'Sleeping' Bitcoin Rewards from 2010 Moved the Day Before 'Black Thursday' - Bitcoin News - October 6th, 2020
- Interest in Bitcoin Soars in Egypt Amid Economic Crisis and Unemployment | News - Bitcoin News - October 6th, 2020
- A Major Tesla Investor Has Predicted Bitcoin Will Be Worth More Than $1 Trillion In Under 10 Years - Forbes - October 6th, 2020
- Crypto for Congress: Bitcoin Sent to All Congress Members' Campaigns | News - Bitcoin News - October 6th, 2020
- Stacking Satoshis: Leveraging Defi Applications to Earn More Bitcoin | Featured - Bitcoin News - October 6th, 2020
- FCA bans the public from Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency derivatives - Evening Standard - October 6th, 2020
- Pro-Crypto PAC Giving $50 in Bitcoin to the Campaign of Each Member of Congress - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - October 6th, 2020
- Ethereum Transaction Fees Fall 82%, as Defi Hype Eases | Altcoins Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - October 6th, 2020
- Crypto for Congress sends $50 in Bitcoin to all US Congress members - Crypto News Flash - October 6th, 2020
- Abkhazia Lifts Two-Year Ban on Bitcoin Mining, Moves to Regulate the Sector | Regulation - Bitcoin News - October 6th, 2020
- Why reduced Bitcoin futures volume may signal the start of a new bull trend - Cointelegraph - October 2nd, 2020
- Market Wrap: Bitcoin Rebounds to $10.5K; Stablecoin Market Cap Goes Parabolic - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - October 2nd, 2020
- Spike in new participants buying Bitcoin is obviously bullish Analyst - Cointelegraph - October 2nd, 2020
- Romania set to auction Bitcoin and Ether confiscated in criminal case - Cointelegraph - October 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin Balances on Exchanges at 2-Year Low and That May Be a Bullish Sign - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - October 2nd, 2020
- Venezuela To Start Using Cryptocurrency in Global Trade in Efforts To Fend off US Sanctions | Emerging Markets - Bitcoin News - October 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin Posts a 66-Day Consecutive Streak Above the $10K Price Range | Markets and Prices - Bitcoin News - October 2nd, 2020
- Aurus Disrupts the Gold Industry Today Its Ecosystem Lists at a Value of $75m | Sponsored - Bitcoin News - October 2nd, 2020
- Satoshi Nakamoto's Peer-to-Peer vision for Bitcoin - Korea IT Times - October 2nd, 2020
- Crypto Bets on the US Election Show Joe Biden Winning the Presidency by 60% - Bitcoin News - October 2nd, 2020
- At $10,600, Bitcoin price is on track for its second-best quarter ever - Cointelegraph - September 30th, 2020
- Ex-CEO of Bitcoin.com, a Leading Proponent of Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Joins Nodle's Board to Help Develop the Nodle Cash Ecosystem - GlobeNewswire - September 30th, 2020
- Trump, tax and hacks: 5 things shaping Bitcoin price action this week - Cointelegraph - September 30th, 2020
- One of Hal Finney's lost contributions to Bitcoin Core to be 'resurrected' - Cointelegraph - September 30th, 2020
- French police arrest terror financing ring that used Bitcoin coupons - Cointelegraph - September 30th, 2020