dpa/picture alliance via Getty Images
How many credit cards do you have? If youre like the average American, you carry four in your wallet.
Chances are your credit cards are from different banks. But if you dumped out your wallet on the table and laid all your cards side by side, youd notice something odd.
While all the cards are from different banksand they all have their own special privileges, prestigious names, and color schemesmost have one thing in common:
Visaor MasterCardstamped on the bottom right.
Visa (V) and Mastercard (MA) Created a Global Currency
It hardly matters what bank you use. At the end of the day, your card likely needs Visa or Mastercards payment network to function.
Over 80 million stores accept Visa or Mastercard. With one of their cards in your wallet, you can buy stuff anywhere in the world.
Visa and Mastercard have effectively created a universally accepted moneya global currency. $13trillionflowed through their networks last year. Thats 24X more than Bitcoin processed in 2019, according to CCN.
They make money by taking a small cut of each transaction, like a tollbooth on a highway. Both Visa and Mastercard are minting record profits, and their stocks have handed investors tremendous gains:
Visa and Mastercard
Heres why this is important for you.
Banks Stranglehold on Money Is Weakening
For many decades, weve had to deal with banks to move money. If you wanted to cash your paycheck, wire money, or get a credit card, you often had to talk to a banker.
These days, you can do all these things without ever stepping foot inside a bank. You can even get a mortgage without ever talking to a human banker!
Sending money no longer means writing a check and waiting three days for it to clear. Now you can send and receive money instantly withPayPals (PYPL)Venmo.
Roughly 50 million Americans use Venmo every month. You can even pay your taxes with PayPal.
Have you ever usedSquares (SQ)little white box that swipes credit cards? It plugs into your smartphone to turn it into a cash register. Over two million small businesses use it to accept cards instead of cash.
And getting a credit card no longer requires filling out piles of paperwork and answering a bankers questions. Smartphone giantApple (AAPL)made a splash when it debuted its shiny new titanium credit card last August.
These disruptors will end banks as we know them. Nobody cares if banks have fancy lobbies with marble floors these days. Most Americans just want a fast and convenient way to manage their money.
I havent stepped foot in a bank in years. And foot traffic into branches has fallen close to 50% in the past decade.
Many folks assume old money companies like Visa and Mastercard are in trouble too. These folks are wrong.
Visa and Mastercard Are Untouchable Stocks
What few people realize isall the "money disruptors I just mentioned are plugged into Visa and Mastercards networks.
Apple designed its titanium card to resemble its sleek products. But did you know it runs on Mastercards network? And credit cards from PayPal, Square, and Stripe all have Visa or Mastercard logos.
These disruptors arent ripping out the pipes of our financial system and trying to cut out Visa and Mastercard. Instead, theyre partnering with them, sending even more money flowing through their networks.
Remember, each time you pay with a card, Visa and Mastercard collect a small fee. In fact, even when you pay with your phone, these giants make money.
Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Amazon Pay, are simply apps built on Visa and Mastercard networks!
Nobody Can Touch These Untouchable Stocks
How we move money around and pay for things has changed for good. Yet these changes have only cemented Visa and Mastercards dominance.
Theyve built payment networks nobody can match. More than 30,000 banks use their credit cards. There are 3.4 billion Visa cards alone in circulation!
And now partnerships with PayPal, Square, and others are injecting a new wave of growth into Visa and Mastercard. Visas sales shot up 11.5% last year to a record $22 billion. And Mastercards revenue jumped 20% to $14.5 billion.
They Are Two of the Most Consistently Impressive Businesses Ive Ever Analyzed
Visas profit margins are 5X better than the average US stock. It turns 52 cents on every dollar into pure profit. Mastercards profit margins are 3X better than the average S&P 500 company. If youre investing for the long haul, you could do a lot worse than owning these two undisruptible tollbooth stocks.
Get my report"The Great Disruptors:3 Breakthrough Stocks Set to Double Your Money".These stocks will hand you 100% gains as they disrupt whole industries.Get your free copy here.
- Bitcoin Ascends on Twitter While Major Altcoins Hit Multi-Year Lows - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin Is a Safe Haven for a Worse Storm Than This - CoinDesk - March 27th, 2020
- Japanese Investors Rushed To Buy The Dip After Bitcoin Bloodbath - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin community responds to FDIC warning on bank run - Decrypt - March 27th, 2020
- Binance Reveals Visa Debit Card in Push to Bring Bitcoin (BTC) and Crypto Payments Worldwide - The Daily Hodl - March 27th, 2020
- Just Like Bitcoin Before It, Cardano Is Banned From Wikipedia - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- How would a US recession affect Bitcoin? - Decrypt - March 27th, 2020
- Are Miners Waiting for Bitcoin to Hit Breakeven Point? - Cryptonews - March 27th, 2020
- Feds Unlimited QE Places Spotlight on Bitcoin Store-of-Value Narrative - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Vitalik Proposes Solution to 'Embarrassing' Lack of BitcoinEthereum Bridge - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin Will "Come Of Age" During This Crisis: Top Investor Explains Why - Blockonomi - March 27th, 2020
- Algorithmic Crypto Art Changes Appearance to Reflect Bitcoin Volatility - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Heres How To Predict Major Moves In The Price Of Bitcoin - Forbes - March 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Just Reversed and Its Vulnerable To A Drop Towards $5,200 - newsBTC - March 23rd, 2020
- Did BTC Miners Crash Bitcoin Price With 51 Days Before the Halving? - Cointelegraph - March 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Bitcoin Steady Above $6,000, But Is It The Calm Before The Storm? - CryptoPotato - March 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Highly Correlated With HYG And IWM ETFs As Contagion Effect From Coronavirus Epidemic Spreads Across All Asset Classes - Forbes - March 23rd, 2020
- Top 3 Price Prediction Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple: A sea of red returns as weekend love disappears - FXStreet - March 23rd, 2020
- Tezos Foundation Offloaded Millions of Dollars Worth of Bitcoin in 2019: Report - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - March 23rd, 2020
- The Internet May Be Next Victim of Coronavirus Pandemic Netflix, Google, Apple and Amazon React - Bitcoin News - March 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Price (BTCUSD) is Off to a Bullish Start; Can It Sustain Gains Above $5,900.00? - InvestingCube - March 23rd, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Might Drop Beneath $4,800 Again If It Breaks THIS Short Term Trend Line - Coingape - March 21st, 2020
- Top 3 Coins Price Prediction: Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple consolidate their price following as bulls and bears wrestle for control - Confluence... - March 21st, 2020
- A factor that predicted the Bitcoin crash in 2018 suggests bullish action is ahead - CryptoSlate - March 21st, 2020
- Bitcoin's Difficulty on Track for Historic Drop, but There Is Silver Lining - U.Today - March 21st, 2020
- Bitcoin ranked on top 100 greatest designs of all time - Decrypt - March 21st, 2020
- The Puell Multiple Is Turning Bullish on Bitcoin - CoinDesk - Coindesk - March 20th, 2020
- Bitcoin Is Fast Approaching $7,000Heres Why - Forbes - March 20th, 2020
- Contrary To Popular Belief, Bitcoin Isn't Consistently Correlated To Anything - Forbes - March 20th, 2020
- Bitcoins Magic Is Fading, And Thats A Good Thing - Forbes - March 20th, 2020
- Bitcoin Rally Leaves Stocks In The Dust - Forbes - March 20th, 2020
- Coronavirus is forcing fans of Bitcoin to realize its not a safe haven after all - MIT Technology Review - March 20th, 2020
- Bitcoin Is Back In Free Fall And Dropping FastHeres Why - Forbes - March 20th, 2020
- Top Analyst Explains Why Bitcoin Price is Up 78% amid Coronavirus Outbreak - newsBTC - March 20th, 2020
- A Treatise on Bitcoin and Privacy Part 2: Dont Be Misled by Red Herrings - Nasdaq - March 20th, 2020
- Here's Why Grayscale Bitcoin Trust Is Rising Today - Motley Fool - March 20th, 2020
- Bitcoin (BTC) Bulls Say It's Time for 'Plan B' as Fed Ramps Up Repo Operations - U.Today - March 20th, 2020
- All You Need to Know About Bitcoin Wallets in... - Coinspeaker - March 20th, 2020
- Heres Why Bitcoins 15% Rally Could Fail Near The Key $6,500 Barrier - newsBTC - March 20th, 2020
- Bitcoin [BTC] Gains Expected as Unemployment Claims Soar in the US - Coingape - March 20th, 2020
- Heres What Caused Bitcoins Extreme Price Plunge - Forbes - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin Sees 9% Gain as Turmoil Hits the Forex Markets - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin loses half of its value in two-day plunge - CNBC - March 19th, 2020
- Here is the real reason behind Bitcoin price drop - Cryptopolitan - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin, Not Governments Will Save the World After Crisis, Tim Draper Says - Cointelegraph - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin Lost Roughly 50% Of Its Value In A Day - Forbes - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Briefly Dips to 12-Month Low in Overnight Trading - CoinDesk - Coindesk - March 19th, 2020
- Despite Bitcoin Price Dips, Crypto Is a Safe Haven in the Middle East - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - March 19th, 2020
- What Bitcoin Price Would Be If Every American Invested $1K - Bitcoinist - March 19th, 2020
- Tether is Now Printing Millions, and Thats Huge for Bitcoin - newsBTC - March 19th, 2020
- Cyperpunk Myths and Bitcoin in Real Life with Udi Wetheimer - Coindesk - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin Lacks Momentum And A Break Below $5K Could Be Trend Defining - newsBTC - March 19th, 2020
- Experts Say the Fed's QE Program Will Strengthen Bitcoin One Way or Another - CoinDesk - Coindesk - March 19th, 2020
- Why Bitcoin's Safe-Haven Narrative Has Flown Out the Window - CoinDesk - Coindesk - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin Safe Haven Narrative in Question After Biggest Drop in 7 Years - Cointelegraph - March 19th, 2020
- 2 Months Ago, Andreas Antonopoulos Explained Why Bitcoin Would Crash - Cointelegraph - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Is This The Day Bitcoin Had Been Waiting For 11 Years? - CryptoPotato - March 19th, 2020
- Investors Can Hedge Long-Term Risk With New 2-Year Bitcoin Derivatives - CoinDesk - Coindesk - March 19th, 2020
- Lost Your Bitcoin? Here Is How You Can Recover It - Bitcoinist - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin & Gold Are Doing the Same Thing in Coronavirus Crisis: Pomp - Cointelegraph - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin is dead, long live Bitcoin - Decrypt - March 19th, 2020
- Ripple Executive Says Bitcoin, Ethereum and XRP Represent First Wave in Deconstruction of Finance - The Daily Hodl - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin and Altcoins Correct Gains - Cryptonews - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin Live: How to Watch the Next Price Run or Crash in Real-Time - Bitcoin News - March 19th, 2020
- Indian Government Reveals Inspection of Bitcoin Businesses, Informs Parliament of Results - Bitcoin News - March 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Is Now Up Just 9% This Year - CoinDesk - Coindesk - March 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin Steadies as Bank of England Suddenly Cuts Rates to 11-Year Low - Cointelegraph - March 11th, 2020
- Is Bitcoin Really A Safe-Haven Asset? - Forbes - March 11th, 2020
- What the Oil Market Says About Bitcoin's 'Safe Haven' Status - CoinDesk - Coindesk - March 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin can still be a safe haven, experts say - Decrypt - March 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency in Focus: Outbreak Takes Toll on Bitcoin - TheStreet - March 11th, 2020
- Retail Demand May Force the SEC to Approve a Bitcoin ETF - Cointelegraph - March 11th, 2020
- The Simpsons Correctly Called President TrumpDid It Just Predict When Bitcoin Will Go Mainstream? - Forbes - March 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin Is Still Failing As A Flight To Safety Investment - Benzinga - March 11th, 2020
- Lightning-Fast New Bitcoin.com Wallet Proves Popular With Over 10 Million Wallets Created - Bitcoin News - March 11th, 2020
- Proving That Tether Manipulated Bitcoin 2017 Bull Run Wont Be Easy - Cointelegraph - March 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Elliott Wave Theory suggests price could fall further - FXStreet - March 11th, 2020
- Tezos Price Makes Gigantic Steps Eyeing $3.0 As Bitcoin Price Deals With Rejection At $8,000 - Coingape - March 11th, 2020
- Interlay Receives Web3 Foundation Grant for Bridging Bitcoin to Polkadot - Cointelegraph - March 7th, 2020
- Bitcoin's $9,000 Price Stays Steady as Sentiment Stays Positive - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - March 7th, 2020