Winner Stays is a monthly series of events where content creators of different chess levels go head-to-head for their portion of the $3,000 event prize, plus a chance at an additional $3,000 if they win their match in three consecutive events and retire to the Pantheon.
Matches are held on the first Friday of every month. The series will begin with three matches held on June 4, 2021 at 2 p.m. PDT/ 22:00 CEST.
Fans will be able to watch the live broadcast of the event on Chess.com/TV and our Twitch Channel.
The event is hosted by the ChessBrahs, GMs Eric Hansen and Aman Hambleton.
Each month will feature three matches, where players of three different strength levels will face each other.
*Rating ranges are approximate.
The winner in each category will go on to face a new opponent the following month. After three consecutive wins, players retire to The Pantheon.
Each match will be played in a format loosely based on the Speed Chess Championships. Each match will last 90 minutes at the following time controls:
There is no increment. Tied matches go to overtime of 1-minute bullet until there is a winner.
There is a $1,000 prize fund each week for each match, with $750 going to each winning player and $250 to the losing players. The winners also stay alive for the next month's match.
A player who wins three matches in a row wins an additional $3,000.
Matches are held on the first Friday of every month at 2 p.m. PDT/ 22:00 CEST beginning on June 4, 2021.
June 4, 2021
We will publish the results here.
Go here to see the original:
Winner Stays: All The Information - Chess.com
- Young Canadian chess grandmaster credits parents and coaches for his success - The Globe and Mail - January 14th, 2022
- Buckhead cityhood legislation challenged by political chess moves in first week of General Assembly session - Buckhead.com - January 14th, 2022
- Can You Solve The Hardest Puzzles On Chess.com? - Chess.com - January 8th, 2022
- The 2022 Pan-American Intercollegiate Team Championship Is Almost Here - Chess.com - January 8th, 2022
- Polish chess player falls off chair after humiliating defeat. His reaction to viral video is the winning move - The Indian Express - January 8th, 2022
- Chess Competition at Innocent Hearts, Jalandhar - The Tribune India - January 8th, 2022
- Crypto is the future and could replace dollar: chess star Garry Kasparov - Markets Insider - January 8th, 2022
- Trent's Tactics - Recap of 2021 and finding creative patterns - Chessbase News - January 8th, 2022
- Music and chess: Mason Williams' "Classical Gas" in "The Queen's Gambit" - Chessbase News - December 27th, 2021
- Masango in the hunt for Zim Open chess title - The Herald - December 27th, 2021
- Film Room: Chess Not Checkers - How The Titans Stayed Ahead Of The Steelers' Offense - Steelers Depot - December 22nd, 2021
- Chess: Atieno and Okoth shine at Kisumu Venmar Chess tourney - The Standard - December 22nd, 2021
- China says Taipei no chess piece to be used by others, will finally come home - Press TV - December 22nd, 2021
- Chess Federation to embark on membership drive - Searchlight Newspaper - December 18th, 2021
- DNA recovered in 2017 from attempted rape matched to South Kitsap man repeatedly accused of sexual assaults - Kitsap Sun - December 16th, 2021
- Hastings International Chess Congress cancelled due to Covid amid rise in Omicron variant - Hastings Observer - December 16th, 2021
- The Last Dictator Of Europe Is Just Out Here Playing Chess With Literal Human Beings - Barstool Sports - December 16th, 2021
- Gill St. Bernard's chess team ranked 8th in nation - New Jersey Hills - December 12th, 2021
- Texas university offers full scholarship to teenage Canadian chess star - The Globe and Mail - December 12th, 2021
- With 'Chess,' Country Duo Honey County Offers A Searing Testament To Girl Power - HuffPost - December 12th, 2021
- Magnus Carlsen Hates the World Chess Championship Format, Apparently - World Chess - December 3rd, 2021
- Business executive credits chess for honing his analytical skills - The Globe and Mail - December 3rd, 2021
- The Armenian Advantage: The Past, Present and Future of Chess - The Armenian Mirror-Spectator - December 3rd, 2021
- GM Levon Aronian Now Represents the United States - uschess.org - December 3rd, 2021
- International Chess Federation ties up with HDBank for 10 years - Taiwan News - December 3rd, 2021
- City girl ranked World No. 2 in Under-10 chess rankings - The Hindu - December 3rd, 2021
- Giving Tuesday | US Chess.org - uschess.org - December 3rd, 2021
- Space Force official: Satellites in orbit have become pawns in geopolitical chess games - SpaceNews - December 3rd, 2021
- Kasparov Chess Foundation to Host University Cup Online Global Tournament - uschess.org - December 3rd, 2021
- Velammal win world school chess - The New Indian Express - December 3rd, 2021
- The strongest move - Morgan Stanley Hungary head and Chess Federation board member Norbert Fogarasi discusses the power of teamwork, AI, and coaching... - November 25th, 2021
- 10 things to do at Expo 2020 Dubai this week: world chess tournament and film screenings - The National - November 25th, 2021
- Chess Corner: It's good to be kind 11.18.21 - Muskogee Daily Phoenix - November 20th, 2021
- 'Chess of the Wind,' lost film found in Tehran junk shop, to air at Pacific Film Archive Sunday - Berkeleyside - November 20th, 2021
- The addictive world of competitive chess - The Guardian - November 20th, 2021
- Balogun, Ogbiyoyo Crowned National Chess ChampionsTHISDAYLIVE - THISDAY Newspapers - November 20th, 2021
- Race to make Chess national team heats up - diggers.news - November 20th, 2021
- Chess Legend Viswanathan Anand Confirms His Biopic, Wants Aamir Khan To Play Him & Theres Reason Behind It - koimoi - November 20th, 2021
- Chess genius Kasparov shares insight on AI and supply chain - Supply Chain Digital - The Procurement & Supply Chain Platform - November 10th, 2021
- Facebook should not have bowed to public outrage and shut down its facial recognition system, former world chess champion says - CNBC - November 10th, 2021
- Poland-Belarus border: Asylum-seekers trapped in Eastern Europe by Lukashenko's political chess game - The Globe and Mail - November 10th, 2021
- Montclair's The Clairidge Screens 'Chess of the Wind' Friday - Baristanet - November 10th, 2021
- GM Joey Antonio still the king of online chess tourney - PhilBoxing.com - October 24th, 2021
- The Algorand Series: the Final - World Chess - October 22nd, 2021
- Chess Fever sweeps the nation - WATE 6 On Your Side - October 14th, 2021
- 2021 US Chess Championships Opening Ceremony Streamed Live - uschess.org - October 10th, 2021
- An 11-year-old Black boy on his way to becoming chess youngest grandmaster - Yahoo News - October 10th, 2021
- St. Louis based grandmaster wins over $37k in chess tournament - KTVI Fox 2 St. Louis - September 15th, 2021
- 21-year-old Nikolas Theodorou Becomes Chess Grand Master After Winning International Event Greek - GreekCityTimes.com - September 15th, 2021
- Governor Lamont Announces Public-Private Initiative to Address Homelessness and Chronic Health Problems - CT.gov - September 8th, 2021
- 7 Days, 7 Good News: The chess prodigy, Tom Brady and cash for footballers - ISPO - September 8th, 2021
- Sheikh Kamal Int'l Chess begins Friday - United News of Bangladesh - August 26th, 2021
- All-India Chess Federation and breakaway Chess Association of India end feud, announce merger - India Today - August 26th, 2021
- Anya Taylor-Joy Talks 'The Queen's Gambit' And More: Watch The Actor's Side Deadline - Deadline - August 24th, 2021
- Ending years of feud, AICF and Chess Association of India announce merger - Devdiscourse - August 24th, 2021
- Chess, PHILSPADA athletes to be honored in 27th SKC awards - Mindanao Times - August 24th, 2021
- Finally, All-India Chess Federation merges with warring side Chess Association of India - The New Indian Express - August 22nd, 2021
- Chess Corner: Even the strong - Muskogee Daily Phoenix - August 20th, 2021
- Project Chess: The Story Behind the Original IBM PC - PCMag - August 14th, 2021
- Local band Chess at Breakfast closes career with show at Aggie Theatre The Rocky Mountain Collegian - Rocky Mountain Collegian - July 12th, 2021
- The 3rd International Koltanowski Conference on Chess in Education - uschess.org - July 12th, 2021
- Theres a Life-Size Chess Set at This Newly Listed Mid-Century Gem in Los Feliz, California - Mansion Global - July 2nd, 2021
- The B-52s' Cindy Wilson to headline gala benefitting Chess & Community, Wild Rumpus - Online Athens - July 2nd, 2021
- FIDE Rating Reports: Submission Update, Effective July 1, 2021 | US Chess.org - uschess.org - July 2nd, 2021
- Erdoan's chess game in the international arena | Daily Sabah - Daily Sabah - June 19th, 2021
- 'It's a moving chess board': Covid reopening creates new anxieties - CNN - June 19th, 2021
- Chess.com And The Charlotte Chess Center Present: The Blitzcoin Invitational - Chess.com - June 19th, 2021
- Judith's last shuffle of the Chess board - thedailyblog.co.nz - June 2nd, 2021
- PH chess child prodigy Al-Basher "Basty" Buto receives P100,000 and scholarship from Lanao Governor - PhilBoxing.com - June 2nd, 2021
- The Grand Chess Tour 2021 begins - with tournaments in Bukarest and Paris - Chessbase News - June 2nd, 2021
- Grade II listed house with giant chess board and glorious gardens for sale in Kent - HouseBeautiful.com - May 1st, 2021
- Teaching children to play chess makes them more confident taking calculated risks - ZME Science - April 22nd, 2021
- Two grandmasters will play in the "European Parliamentary Friendship Online Chess Tournament" - Chessbase News - April 22nd, 2021
- The ratings gap and gender: Analyzing U.S. Chess Championships (Part II) - Chessbase News - April 22nd, 2021
- Brain-controlled chess is here - Big Think - April 22nd, 2021
- Chess Market to Witness Growth Acceleration by Top Key Players The House of Staunton, ChessSUA, CNCHESS NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - April 22nd, 2021
- Mental chess is out of this world - The Guardian - April 13th, 2021
- UTRGV Just Won Its Third Consecutive National Chess Championship - Texas Monthly - April 8th, 2021
- UTRGV Wins 'Final Four' Of Chess For Third Time Against Favored Rival Team - Texas Standard - April 8th, 2021
- Invitational chess tournament to be held in Benin for IDSDP | sportanddev.org - sportanddev.org - April 8th, 2021