CenturyLink is giving businesses the option to migrate to a hybrid cloud environment that balances public cloud agility with the security and dedicated infrastructure of a private offering with its DCC (Dedicated Cloud Compute) Foundation.
Based on VMware Cloud Foundation and high-performance HPE ProLiant servers, CenturyLinks DCC Foundation is a fully private service thatoffers customers an updated architecture moving to a converged, software-defined data center (SDDC) model to help businesses overcome challenges of lengthy provisioning, configuration errors and costly processes by automating labor-intensive tasks and operationalizing private cloud on-demand.
RELATED: CenturyLinks Hussain: Network virtualization is a cultural transformation
Available now to customers and partners in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific, this enhanced dedicated cloud serviceis built on one of the largest integrated solutions networks and supported by thousands of experienced CenturyLink support staff with advanced certifications.
The new enhanced service is focused on helping businesses and other partners get more out of a managed cloud service. Built on VMware Cloud Foundation, DCC Foundation is a cloud infrastructure platform that accelerates IT's time-to-market by providing a factory-integrated cloud infrastructure stack.
The platform includes a complete set of software-defined services for computing, storage, networking and security. DCC Foundation combines VMware Cloud Foundation with HPE ProLiant servers and automation and management capabilities to deliver an enterprise-grade, globally available service with consistent customer experience across private and public clouds.
CenturyLink said that integration of DCC Foundation with CenturyLink Cloud Application Manager further enhances support of multitiered hybrid-cloud configurations.
"The software-defined data center approach enables the flexible delivery of enterprise applications connected to our global network across 32 hosting locations on four continents, said David Shacochis, VP of Hybrid IT product management for CenturyLink, in a release.
As a multielement platform, CenturyLink's DCC Foundation delivers on four main elements to assist businesses in their migration to hybrid cloud environments:
Reduced security risks: Microsegmentation allows for security policies to be applied across the data center, with granular firewalling by workload. IT teams can define security policies and controls for each workload based on dynamic security groups, enabling immediate responses to threats inside the data center and enforcement down to the individual virtual machine.
Global deployment options: Customizable configurations can be deployed across multiple data centers in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific, with scale options from four nodes to multiple 32-node configurations. Customers can use Managed Services Anywhere from CenturyLink to provide application life-cycle management through CenturyLink Cloud Application Manager.
Agile enterprise applications with hybrid cloud: Businesses can replicate entire application environments to remote data centers for disaster recovery, move them around their corporate data centers, or deploy them in a hybrid cloud environment without disrupting the applications. DCC Foundation leverages vCloud Availability to facilitate self-service migration of VMware workloads from customers' present environments to their new CenturyLink environment.
Predictable performance: DCC Foundation is built on best-of-breed Hewlett Packard Enterprise(HPE) ProLiant servers, helping to ensure predictable, high-performance operations for hyperconverged infrastructures on which to deliver critical business applications.
With this service, businesses can rapidly deploy new workloads and innovations in an easily scalable, highly secure environment, Shacochis said.
CenturyLinks expanded managed private cloud service builds on the strategic collaboration the service provider previously began with VMware as a way to assist enterprise customers in their transition to a hybrid cloud architecture.Earlier this year, CenturyLink worked with VMware to deepen the level of SDDCtechnologies available to enterprise customers. This collaboration will help preserve and enhance customer investments in on-premises data centers and extend strategic workloads and applications to the cloud.
- Unlocking the Key to the Cloud - Security Boulevard - January 23rd, 2020
- What is the difference between SaaS and Cloud Computing - WhaTech - January 23rd, 2020
- Cloud Database and Database as a Service (DBaaS) Market Analysis on Top Key Vendors, Revenue Growth and Business Development Forecast 2017-2025 -... - January 23rd, 2020
- Helsinki-based UpCloud raises 18 million to rapidly grow its team and cloud computing services - Tech.eu - January 23rd, 2020
- Nextcloud Hub takes on Google Docs and Office 365 - ZDNet - January 23rd, 2020
- Google Cloud Run: What every IT Ops team should know - TechBeacon - January 23rd, 2020
- Microsoft's Nadella On Why The Future Is All About Cloud; Buyers Are Into TikTok's Self-Serve Ad Platform - AdExchanger - January 23rd, 2020
- Why Many Tech Companies are Turning to the Hybrid Cloud to Tackle Today's Business Challenges - Data Center Frontier - January 23rd, 2020
- Global Cloud Server Market 2020 By Analysis -Worldwide Opportunities, Revenue, Production, Demand and Geographical Forecast To 2025 Dagoretti News -... - January 23rd, 2020
- The trillionaires club: How big data, cloud and AI are powering the tech economy - SiliconANGLE - January 23rd, 2020
- Nebulon gets less nebulous, aims to replace SAN and hyperconverged storage - Blocks and Files - January 23rd, 2020
- Global Private Cloud Server Market Growth Opportunities, Challenges, Competitive Analysis And Forecast 2020-2025 - Expedition 99 - Expedition 99 - January 23rd, 2020
- Experts discuss industry response to multicloud - IT Brief New Zealand - January 23rd, 2020
- Data Governance And Smart Cities Are Helping Improve Quality Of Life In Japan - Forbes - January 23rd, 2020
- The Benefits of Identity Management for Healthcare Businesses - Solutions Review - January 23rd, 2020
- How the cloud went from 0 to 100 in ten years - Express Computer - January 23rd, 2020
- Suspect Wanted in May Shooting Arrested in St. Cloud - WJON News - January 23rd, 2020
- Wyze data leak: Key takeaways from server mistake that exposed information from 2.4M customers - GeekWire - January 1st, 2020
- Conquering the Cyber Security Challenges of the Cloud - CPO Magazine - January 1st, 2020
- City of Cottonwood now a certified sustainable business | Sedona.Biz - The Internet Voice of Sedona and The Verde Valley - Sedona.biz - January 1st, 2020
- A restaurant server got a massive tip and it is helping to change her life - KFOR Oklahoma City - January 1st, 2020
- Cloud Hopper Attacks Far More Extensive than First Thought - CloudWedge - January 1st, 2020
- 2019: The Year in Hyperscale - Data Center Frontier - January 1st, 2020
- Using the Windows Admin Center Azure services feature - TechTarget - January 1st, 2020
- Privacy scare leads Wyze to unpair all devices from Google Assistant and Alexa, you'll need to add them back (Update: Further responses) - Android... - January 1st, 2020
- 5 top tech predictions for 2020 and beyond - BusinessTech - January 1st, 2020
- Exposed databases are as bad as data breaches, and they're not going anywhere - CNET - December 28th, 2019
- From bookstore to cloud hosting: How Amazon 'took the lead' in the technology world - CBC.ca - December 28th, 2019
- Bare Metal Cloud Market Future Aspect Analysis and Current Trends by 2017 to 2025 - Market Research Sheets - December 28th, 2019
- Microsoft Stock Is Floating on a Cloud - Investorplace.com - December 28th, 2019
- How Important Is The Intelligent Cloud Segment To Microsofts Stock? - Forbes - December 28th, 2019
- Privacy scare leads Wyze to unpair all devices from Google Assistant and Alexa, you'll need to add them back - Android Police - December 28th, 2019
- To protect data and code in the age of hybrid cloud, you can always turn to Intel SGX - The Register - December 28th, 2019
- The silver lining in cloud for financial institutions - ITProPortal - December 28th, 2019
- Server Microprocessor Market Projected to Grow at an Impressive CAGR Of XX% Between 2017 2027 Bulletin Line - Bulletin Line - December 28th, 2019
- Listen to the boomers - or cloud could make you go bust - ITProPortal - December 28th, 2019
- Dr. Max Welling on Federated Learning and Bayesian Thinking - Synced - December 28th, 2019
- 7 crackpot technologies that might transform IT - CIO East Africa - December 28th, 2019
- Over 750,000 Applications for Copies of US Birth Certificates Left Exposed Online - Security Boulevard - December 14th, 2019
- For Cloud-native App Security, Few Companies Have Embraced DevSecOps - Security Boulevard - December 14th, 2019
- Amping Up The Arm Server Roadmap - The Next Platform - December 14th, 2019
- Over 750,000 Applications for US Birth Certificates Left Exposed Online - Security Boulevard - December 14th, 2019
- AWS outperforms rivals in test of cloud capabilities - TechRepublic - December 14th, 2019
- Hyperscale operators accounted for a third of all data center spending in first three quarters of 2019 - FierceTelecom - December 14th, 2019
- IoT news of the week for Dec. 13, 2019 - Stacey on IoT - December 14th, 2019
- Data Sovereignty: The imperative for action - DatacenterDynamics - December 14th, 2019
- Google Transfer Service makes moving your data to the cloud easier than ever - ITProPortal - December 14th, 2019
- Why Middle East startups are choosing the cloud - Khaleej Times - December 14th, 2019
- The 10 Hottest New Business And Enterprise Servers Of 2019 - CRN: Technology news for channel partners and solution providers - December 14th, 2019
- Pulseway Introduces the All New, Integrated Cloud Backup Solution - PR Web - December 14th, 2019
- Edge predictions for 2020: From SD-WAN and cloud interconnection to security - Small Business - December 14th, 2019
- Broadcom Launches Another Tomahawk Into The Datacenter - The Next Platform - December 14th, 2019
- Four Technologies That Are Changing The Way We Do Business - TechShout! - December 14th, 2019
- Meet the power players behind Microsoft's Azure cloud - Business Insider - December 8th, 2019
- Hyperscale Data Center Market - Global Outlook and Forecast 2019-2024: Adoption of Cloud-based Services and & Big Data Driving Hyperscale Data... - December 8th, 2019
- Inside Intel's billion-dollar transformation in the age of AI - Fast Company - December 8th, 2019
- Amazon's cloud business bombards the market with dozens of new features as it looks to preserve its lead - CNBC - December 8th, 2019
- What is Infrastructure-as-a-Service? Everything you need to know about IaaS - TechRadar - December 8th, 2019
- Report: Growing HCI Space Boosted by Cloud, AI - Virtualization Review - December 8th, 2019
- 20 VPS providers to shut down on Monday, giving customers two days to save their data - ZDNet - December 8th, 2019
- How AWS Plans to Speed Up the Cloud - Toolbox - December 8th, 2019
- Finally: AWS Gives Servers A Real Shot In The Arm - The Next Platform - December 8th, 2019
- 5 Top Features of the Cloud that can Benefit Your Small Business - Atlanta Small Business Network - December 8th, 2019
- Once-Reticent Utilities Accelerating Move to the Cloud - Transmission & Distribution World - December 8th, 2019
- Ampere preps an 80-core Arm processor for the cloud - Network World - December 8th, 2019
- Cisco Down Two Execs As One Reportedly Jumps To John Chambers-Backed Pensando - CRN: The Biggest Tech News For Partners And The IT Channel - December 8th, 2019
- Meet CIMON-2, a new and improved robotic AI astronaut - Astronomy Magazine - December 8th, 2019
- Qualcomms Snapdragon Tech Summit focuses on 5G AI chips and use cases - VentureBeat - December 8th, 2019
- Are All Russian Mobile Apps Really a Potential Counterintelligence Threat? This is What the Experts Say - Newsweek - December 8th, 2019
- Overcome these VMware Cloud on AWS migration challenges - TechTarget - December 8th, 2019
- Aptiv To Unveil Open Source Advanced Technology Architecture - Forbes - December 8th, 2019
- Bitcoin Ichimoku Cloud Analysis BTC Price Prediction When To Buy Bitcoin? - Nasdaq - December 8th, 2019
- FBI classifies FaceApp as counterintelligence threat, citing ties to Russian intelligence | TheHill - The Hill - December 2nd, 2019
- Tech co. with Glasgow office merges, rebrands - Delaware Business Times - December 2nd, 2019
- Gatsby Cloud and its Impact on the Headless CMS Space - CMSWire - December 2nd, 2019
- This Holiday Season, Give Your Data Center Manager the Gift of Clarity - Data Economy - December 2nd, 2019
- Unsecured Server with Private Data from Millions of SMS Messages Found Online - Security Boulevard - December 2nd, 2019
- Media Giant Meredith Corporation Selects Nasuni To Help Move Traditional On-Premises File Infrastructure To Amazon Web Services - PRNewswire - December 2nd, 2019
- Encapulsation means application migration is no longer the blocker to digital transformation - Business MattersBusiness Matters - December 2nd, 2019
- Cloud Server Market by 2023 Worldwide Growth Opportunities Recent Trends Forecast by Types and Application to 2023 - Space Market Research - December 2nd, 2019