12h | Saf Malik
Here are the five things you need to know this morning, October 15, 2021, from around the world.
Dell Technologies unveils new offerings for CSPs
Dell Technologies has introduced its new telecom software, solutions and services to help communications services providers (CSPs) accelerate their open, cloud-native network deployments.
Dell says its new software modernises network deployment and management and its Bare Metal Orchestrator telecom software offers the scale to automate the deployment and management of servers across geographic locations to support ORAN and 5G deployments.
The company adds that the software will give CSPs the tools to discover inventory servers bring them online and deploy software. Bare Metal Orchestrator tells the targeted server what to do so that tasks can be completed quickly and efficiently.
Dennis Hoffman, senior vice president and general manager at Dell Technologies Telecom Systems Business, said: As server technology proliferates through increasingly open telecom networks, the industry sees an immediate and growing need for remote lifecycle management of a highly distributed compute fabric.
Bare Metal Orchestrator gives communication services providers an easier way to deploy and manage open network infrastructure while saving costs and time, allowing them to focus on delivering new and differentiated services to their customers.
Colt and Telia among companies committed to TM Forum Pilot of Inclusion
Colt and Telia are among the companies that have committed to TM Forums Pilot of Inclusion and Diversity Score to drive top talent to telecoms.
The TM Forum has completed the trial of the Inclusion and Diversity Score (IDS) which aims to create a single, universal index which can be used to measure both diversity and cultural inclusiveness.
Following a successful pilot with five companies which also include Accedian, Bain & Company and Rostelecom, IDS will now move to a beta phase with a broader set of organisations, ahead of a full launch in 2022.
As an industry, we have made very little progress in driving real change when it comes to inclusion and diversity, said Keri Gilder, CEO, Colt & Chair of TM Forum Inclusion & Diversity Council.
We all know that we need executive support and data to drive decisions to drive change in our business.
Although this is only the beginning of our journey, I truly believe that by having this metric in place, we can now set about actioning real change to ensure we have a healthy environment for the industry to attract and develop the talent that we require to drive the tremendous growth we are seeing and the innovation that we need in an environment for everyone to thrive.
DISH selects Spirent for 5G core automated testing
Dish has selected Spirent Communications to test its 5G network core and validate its performance.
This will allow DISH to continuously integrate functionality into its 5G network and deliver edge solutions to both retail and enterprise customers.
DISH is partnering with AWS on cloud infrastructure and it is set to become the worlds first telecom company to run its service on the public cloud. Spirents solutions will allow DISH to realise greater agility of OpenRAN, cloud-native 5G network, according to the company.
DISH is transforming the industry as it prepares to deploy 5G in a public cloud network and pioneer Open Radio Access Network (Open RAN) technology, said Doug Roberts, general manager of Spirents lifecycle service assurance business.
Spirent understands the inherent challenges that come with building an open, secure network and supporting a new, first-of-its-kind delivery model.
Were excited to assist DISH in driving operational excellence across the entire lifecycle with industry-leading automation, coverage and analytics capabilities.
KPN turns to Oracle to modernise operations
Oracle has revealed that it has been chosen by KPN to deploy its Oracle Fusion Applications programme for finance, supply chain management and human resources to help streamline the companys business operations.
Dutch-based KPN has over six million customers on broadband and mobile in the Netherlands and has been diversifying its business towards digital services over the last few years. Oracles integrated cloud platform will enable KPN to optimise financial planning and forecasting while modernising its HR processes.
It will also improve the employee experience and consolidate and streamline procurement and supply chain management.
"Digitalisation is transforming how we work and live, and also offers significant opportunities to recover from the pandemic and address many of the social and environmental challenges we face, said Chris Figee, CFO at KPN.
KPN is transforming its business to support our customers in this new world, and this requires us to simplify and consolidate our operations to become more agile, more adaptable, and more flexible in what is a continually shifting environment.
We believe Oracle can support us in this transformation.
Rogers 5G expands to 11 new markets across Quebec
Rogers Communications has announced it has extended its 5G network to 11 new cities and towns throughout Quebec.
Rogers 5G is now available in the following areas:
The network expansion is part of a long-term plan to bring 5G to Quebec and will see additional deployments in 2022.
These are critical investments to keep Quebecers, wherever they may reside, connected to award-winning wireless technology that will drive innovation and prosperity across our province, said Edith Cloutier, President of Qubec, Rogers Communications.
The company also recently announced an enhanced wireless network across more than 162 Quebec communities since January 2020 and plans to improve that to a total of 360 communities by the end of the year.
- Tencent Cloud and AMD Join Forces to Launch StarLake Servers in Southeast Asia - HPCwire - December 3rd, 2021
- A Climate Dystopia Displayed at the UMOCA with 'the weight of a cloud' - Daily Utah Chronicle - December 3rd, 2021
- AWS Announced General Availability of Elastic Disaster Recovery - InfoQ.com - December 3rd, 2021
- The Benefits of Using a Share File Server in Education - eLearningInside News - eLearningInside News - December 3rd, 2021
- 5 questions for Mark Mills on the cloud revolution - Washington Examiner - December 3rd, 2021
- Inspur Information Impresses in AI Performance with 7 Titles in MLPerf Training v1.1 - Business Wire - December 3rd, 2021
- How Secure Is iMessage? | Leaked FBI Document Reveals the Truth - iDrop News - December 3rd, 2021
- Five Things to Know About Twitters New CEO Parag Agrawal - Coindesk - December 3rd, 2021
- Netweb Technologies Bags Award from MeitY in Contribution to the Manufacturing Sector - News Nation - December 3rd, 2021
- FTC is Suing NVIDIA to Stop Its $40B Acquisition of Arm Amidst Concerns of Potential Reliance from Rival Firms Should Deal Push Through - Tech Times - December 3rd, 2021
- Securing the edge server infrastructure from the ground up - The Register - December 3rd, 2021
- VPS Hosting | Free SSD VPS Server Trial | Windows VPS ... - November 22nd, 2021
- Amazons in-person cloud training skills center is for other companies, too - WRAL Tech Wire - November 22nd, 2021
- Server Error 500 sees some Tesla drivers locked out of their MuskMobiles - The Register - November 22nd, 2021
- ZTE wins three awards at Layer123 World Congress - ITWeb - November 22nd, 2021
- 6 use cases for Docker containers -- and when to pass - TechTarget - November 22nd, 2021
- CIOs across Europe add their VOICE to chorus of calls to regulate cloud gatekeepers - The Register - November 22nd, 2021
- SoftBank Corp. and Honda start use case verification of technologies to reduce collisions involving pedestrians and vehicles using 5G SA and Cellular... - November 22nd, 2021
- The Benefits and Challenges of Setting Up a Private Cloud | ITBE - IT Business Edge - November 20th, 2021
- Blue Hill moves municipal computer service to the Cloud - The Weekly Packet - November 20th, 2021
- Lacework lands $1.3B to expand its cloud cybersecurity platform - VentureBeat - November 20th, 2021
- What Is Edge Computing, and How Can It Be Leveraged for Higher Ed? - EdTech Magazine: Focus on Higher Education - November 20th, 2021
- Check Out the Top Cloud-Based Manufacturing Tools for 2021 - Analytics Insight - November 20th, 2021
- OVHcloud to share its OpenStack automation for use in on-prem clouds - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- Top Cloud Computing Jobs in India to Apply This November - Analytics Insight - November 20th, 2021
- Protecting financial institutions from downtime and data loss - BAI Banking Strategies - November 20th, 2021
- What You Need to Know About Cloud Automation | ENP - EnterpriseNetworkingPlanet - November 20th, 2021
- 5 Ways That Restaurant Systems in the Cloud Unite Operations and Strategy - Hospitality Net - November 20th, 2021
- The rise of the cloud data warehouse - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- How does cloud computing transforming the accounting industry? - HostReview.com - November 20th, 2021
- Most HPC data centers will deploy quantum computing within the next few years - TechRadar - November 20th, 2021
- FBI spams thousands with fake infosec advice after 'software misconfiguration' - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- Friday FOSS fest: Franz, RamBox, Pidgin and more - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- Dynatrace : Automatic connection of logs and traces accelerates AI-driven cloud analytics - marketscreener.com - November 20th, 2021
- EU digital sovereignty project Gaia-X opens its summit with the departure of Scaleway - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- Why is AI an obsession for business insiders? - just-auto.com - November 20th, 2021
- Sponsored post: Ready for cloud? Five factors to consider before choosing your partner - TechCrunch - November 13th, 2021
- Cloud Computing Market Research Report Highlights the Key Findings in the Area of Vendor Landscape, Key Market Segments, Regions, Latest Trends &... - November 13th, 2021
- In the AI era, the edge is the new cloud - TechRadar - November 13th, 2021
- Amazon plans to build servers to host cloud computing in Calgary - MobileSyrup - November 13th, 2021
- Actiphy Inc., Releases ActiveImage Protector 2022 Backup and Recovery Solution Featuring Direct-To-Cloud Backup and In-Cloud Recovery - Galveston... - November 13th, 2021
- Foxconn Reports Better-Than-Expected Q3 Profits - iPhone in Canada - November 13th, 2021
- ThycoticCentrify builds on vision for modern PAM with latest integration - IT Brief New Zealand - November 13th, 2021
- Amazon Cloud can save the world AWS plays the green card Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - November 11th, 2021
- European server sales sink to 4-year low: Cloud, software-defined and chip shortage blamed - The Register - November 11th, 2021
- AMD Deepens Its Already Broad Epyc Server Chip Roadmap - The Next Platform - November 11th, 2021
- Red Hat Extends Foundation for Multi-Cloud Transformation and Hybrid Innovation with Version 8.5 of Red Hat Enterprise Linux - Database Trends and... - November 11th, 2021
- Wiwynn Showcases High Performance OCP OAI Server and Immersion Cooling Solutions at OCP Global Summit 2021 - Yahoo Finance - November 11th, 2021
- Apple letting third-party shops replace screens is the right thing to do, but why was it ever in question? - iMore - November 11th, 2021
- Oracle expands in Middle East with new cloud region in Abu Dhabi - The National - November 11th, 2021
- The future of OT security in an IT-OT converged world - The Register - November 11th, 2021
- Still reeling from the Great Facebook Blackout of 2021? Turns out Zuck is not the worst offender - The Register - November 11th, 2021
- Use smarter key management to secure your future anywhere in the cloud PCR - PCR-online.biz - November 11th, 2021
- In the spirit of open government, France dumps 9,067 repos online to show off its FOSS credentials - The Register - November 11th, 2021
- Old Microsoft is back: If the latest Windows 11 really wants to use Edge, it will use Edge no matter what - The Register - November 11th, 2021
- Dutch newspaper accuses US spy agencies of orchestrating 2016 Booking.com breach - The Register - November 11th, 2021
- Analysing cloud providers' infrastructure management the bank perspective - Finextra - November 6th, 2021
- MemVerge takes Big Memory to the cloud - TechTarget - November 6th, 2021
- At 2021 PASBA Fall Management Conference in Nashville, Infinitely Virtual Affirms Value of Managed IT No Matter the Host - PRUnderground - November 6th, 2021
- LA County Assessor's Office Looks to Oracle Cloud to Improve Operations - PRNewswire - November 6th, 2021
- Wiwynn Successfully Implemented Open System Firmware on Its OCP Yosemite V3 Server - PRNewswire - November 6th, 2021
- Huawei Selling x86 Server Business Due To US Sanctions: Report - CRN - November 6th, 2021
- Best of VMworld: Harnessing Data Center Modernization and the Public Cloud with SBG-SMIT - Marketscreener.com - November 6th, 2021
- Intel Xe-HPG GPU: Aiming The Gaming & Visual Cloud-Based Segment With a Focus on AI & Superior Performance - Wccftech - November 6th, 2021
- PSA | Unauthorized iPhone 13 Screen Replacements Will Break Face ID - iDrop News - November 6th, 2021
- The Worldwide Cloud Music Services Industry is Expected to Reach $19+ Billion by 2026 - PRNewswire - November 6th, 2021
- India's cloud end-user spending to grow by 35% in 2021: Gartner - Business Today - November 6th, 2021
- Tips and tricks to minimise downtime while you migrate to the cloud - ITWeb - November 6th, 2021
- Global Cloud Music Services Market (2021 to 2026) - Featuring Apple, Spotify and Amazon Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - November 6th, 2021
- Kyndryl set for IBM spin-off: Can it grow ecosystem, innovation and revenue? - SmartPlanet.com - November 6th, 2021
- The buzz about cloud-based document management systems and why it is likely to become mainstream - YourStory - November 6th, 2021
- Virospack acquires IFSs technology to improve its operational efficiency - Cosmetics Business - November 6th, 2021
- Moving to the cloud: Resistance is futile but not for everyone - TechGenix - October 26th, 2021
- Real words or Buzzwords?: Cloud Native IoT - SecurityInfoWatch - October 26th, 2021
- Endless regression: hardware goes virtual on the cloud - E&T Magazine - October 26th, 2021
- How bare metal servers enhance the work of online media - www.computing.co.uk - October 26th, 2021
- Wells Fargo has a new virtual assistant in the works named Fargo - CNBC - October 26th, 2021
- Facebook is spending more, and these companies are getting the money - MarketWatch - October 26th, 2021
- Cybersecurity to server admin in Linux with this 12-course bundle - BleepingComputer - October 26th, 2021
- "Unified Technology Solution" - An InfoNetworks Service that Delivers Managed IT & Network Security Plus Voice and Internet Solutions -... - October 26th, 2021