With hackers busy exploiting topical events to steal access credentials, properly maintaining the access roles and privileges for your AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) accounts is an essential step in safeguarding the data and workloads you store with these cloud providers.
In this article Ill walk through how Sophos Cloud Optix, our cloud security posture management tool, helps you secure access to your public cloud accounts.
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) adds an extra layer of protection on top of a username and password, protecting against password compromise. All user accounts should have MFA enabled. Cloud Optix ensures MFA is enabled for AWS accounts, and the Cloud Optix service itself.
Identity and Access Management (IAM) is the AWS tool that controls access to services within your Amazon cloud account. You should ensure MFA is enabled for all IAM users that have AWS console access.
The Cloud Optix inventory view allows you to identify any IAM users without MFA enabled. This information is provided by an AWS Credentials report, which is updated by AWS every four hours.
To view this information in the Cloud Optix console, select Inventory in the left-hand navigation > Select IAM > Select MFA Disabled. Access to you AWS account is required to enable MFA for the users identified.
You can also use MFA to improve the security of your Cloud Optix console. This means you must use another form of authentication, as well as username and password, when you sign into Cloud Optix. Learn how to enable MFA for Cloud Optix.
The services within your Amazon cloud account will include server instances, databases, storage literally anything you run in Amazon. As best practice you should give users, groups and services only those privileges which are essential to perform their role. This minimizes risk and exposure.
However, keeping track of the actual use of the privileges assigned in IAM for all accounts, groups and roles can be a nearly impossible task without a lot of manual labor.
Cloud Optix IAM Visualization helps by visualizing these relationships, equipping your teams with a practical view to manage IAM and over-privileged access to cloud accounts and resources.
Accidental or malicious changes to the cloud resource configurations in AWS, Azure or GCP, such as S3 buckets, RDS, and EBS leave your organization exposed to automated hacker searches looking to exploit sensitive data.
Cloud Optix quickly identifies any publicly accessible data or website files, and provides guided or automated remediation pathways to make them private (and secure). Cloud Optix can also add an additional level of security to these critical services with Guardrails, ensuring no configuration changes are made without permission.
- EDA moves to the cloud - eeNews Europe - December 29th, 2020
- One Option You Shouldnt Overlook When Setting Up a Security Camera - The New York Times - December 29th, 2020
- This is the best Google Cloud Print alternative - Android Police - December 29th, 2020
- Finding the balance between edge AI vs. cloud AI - TechTarget - December 29th, 2020
- Cybercriminals to focus on remote and cloud-based systems in UAE next year - Gulf Business - December 29th, 2020
- Top 10 Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) Solutions - Datamation - December 29th, 2020
- The Diminishing Role of Operating Systems | IT Pro - ITPro Today - December 29th, 2020
- Building a Better U.S. Approach to TikTok and Beyond - Lawfare - December 29th, 2020
- Legacy IT: The hidden problem of digital transformation - SC Magazine - December 29th, 2020
- TGen Leverages phoenixNAP's Hardware-as-a-Service Powered by Intel to Empower COVID-19 Research - PR Web - December 29th, 2020
- Global Cloud Server Market Share, Competition Analysis, COVID-19 Impact Analysis & Projected Recovery, and Market Sizing & Forecast to 2026 -... - December 29th, 2020
- Private Cloud Server Market Report, History And Forecast 2020-2025, Breakdown Data By Manufacturers, Key Regions, Types And Application - The Monitor - December 29th, 2020
- Bare Metal Cloud Market Poised to Expand at a Robust Pace Over 2025 - Farming Sector - December 29th, 2020
- 4 reasons your business needs to switch to cloud servers - TechEngage - December 19th, 2020
- Microsoft is designing its own ARM-based processor for Surface and cloud servers - Digital Trends - December 19th, 2020
- Dedicated server or cloud server: which one to choose? - Business MattersBusiness Matters - December 19th, 2020
- Cybersecurity expert: After Russian hack, common security tools, including cloud-based multi-factor systems, shown to be less effective in preventing... - December 19th, 2020
- Remote and cloud-based systems to be ruthlessly targeted next year - Help Net Security - December 19th, 2020
- The ROI of Cloud-Based Email - TechDecisions - December 19th, 2020
- The Advantages of Running your ERP Off-Premise During the COVID-19 Era - BBN Times - December 19th, 2020
- The balkanization of the cloud is bad for everyone - MIT Technology Review - December 19th, 2020
- When Is a Good Time For SMBs To Move Their IT Infrastructure To the Cloud? - Entrepreneur - December 19th, 2020
- AWS reveals array of new cloud observability and other new tools at re:Invent - SiliconANGLE News - December 19th, 2020
- TaxBandits Offers Cloud Based Solution For E-filing Forms W-2, 1099, 94x Series, and ACA 1095 for 2020 Tax Year. - CPAPracticeAdvisor.com - December 19th, 2020
- Programmable NICs Will Empower the Future of the Network - CEOWORLD magazine - December 19th, 2020
- Amazon's weird Halo band is now available if you want to pay $4/month for fitness tracking - Android Police - December 19th, 2020
- Microsoft Says Its Systems Were Exposed to SolarWinds Hack - Data Center Knowledge - December 19th, 2020
- Holiday-proof your Business with Cloud Solutions - The Edge Markets MY - December 19th, 2020
- Gurucul Cloud-native Analytics-driven XDR Platform Sets New Standard for Real-Time Threat Detection and Incident Response - Business Wire - December 19th, 2020
- Run Kubernetes at the edge with these K8s distributions - TechTarget - December 19th, 2020
- How Technology Is Revolutionizing the Unorganized Parking Sector in India and the Road Ahead - News18 - December 19th, 2020
- Cloud Server: The advantages and why Kronos Cloud is worth trying - Programming Insider - December 6th, 2020
- Amazon details cause of AWS outage that hobbled thousands of online sites and services - GeekWire - December 6th, 2020
- Can we really trust the Cloud with our data? - The Next Web - December 6th, 2020
- An Introduction to Cloud Computing | Ethical Hacking | EC-Council Blog - EC-Council Blog - December 6th, 2020
- Google Cloud Will Not Be Able To Overtake Microsoft Azure - Forbes - December 6th, 2020
- Google builds out Cloud with Actifio acquisition Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - December 6th, 2020
- 5 advantages of a cloud disaster recovery plan - BAI Banking Strategies - December 6th, 2020
- Your Digital Transformation Will Be as Successful as the Foundation Its Built On - CMSWire - December 6th, 2020
- Kubernetes: What You Need To Know - Forbes - December 6th, 2020
- 3 cloud computing trends to watch in 2021 - TechHQ - December 6th, 2020
- Amazon Web Service Explains Its Major OutageAnd Other Small Business Tech News - Forbes - December 6th, 2020
- How AWS is computing the future of the cloud - SiliconANGLE News - December 6th, 2020
- ONF Announces Aether 5G Connected Edge Cloud Platform Being Used as the Software Platform for Pronto Project - sUAS News - December 6th, 2020
- International health IT week in review: December 6 - Pulse+IT - December 6th, 2020
- Lenovo boosts low end all-flash array with end-to-end NVMe - Blocks and Files - December 6th, 2020
- Bull of the Day: Baidu (BIDU) - Yahoo Finance - December 6th, 2020
- A re:Invent like no other shows an AWS capitalizing on 2020 chaos - Diginomica - December 6th, 2020
- The Mystery Behind the Aarogya Setu App - TheLeaflet - The Leaflet - December 6th, 2020
- People Cant Vacuum Or Use Their Doorbell Because Amazons Cloud Servers Are Down - Gizmodo Australia - November 26th, 2020
- Inside Innovation: 'In the cloud we trust' doesn't hack it for ransomware protection - Daily Commercial News - November 26th, 2020
- Will edge computing become the new cloud in 2021? - TechRepublic - November 26th, 2020
- Cloud Server Market ? What Factors Will Drive The Market In Upcoming Years And How It Is Going To Impact On Global Industry | (2020-2026) - The... - November 26th, 2020
- IP surveillance: The storage it needs, on-premise and in the cloud - ComputerWeekly.com - November 26th, 2020
- Does AD CS Work in the Cloud? - Security Boulevard - November 26th, 2020
- SKT Unveils its AI Chip and New Plans for AI Semiconductor Business - HPCwire - November 26th, 2020
- Calculating the Total Cost of Hybrid Cloud - Data Center Knowledge - November 26th, 2020
- Cloud Server Market Research Report: Overview With Geographical Segmentation By Revenue With Forecast 2026 - Cheshire Media - November 26th, 2020
- Cryptomining Worm Uses Third-Party Software to Target Cloud - Security Intelligence - November 26th, 2020
- SKT new AI chip changes the company's AI semiconductor bu... - evertiq.com - November 26th, 2020
- Should IT Support Always Be Handled In-House? Are There Other Options? - ABCmoney.co.uk - November 26th, 2020
- Home Automation System Market worth $63.2 billion by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets - PRNewswire - November 26th, 2020
- Global Managed Servers Industry Market Growth Graph To Demonstrate Inclination Towards Positive Axis By 2026 - The Courier - November 26th, 2020
- Everett Police will put body cameras on all its officers - Snohomish County Tribune - November 26th, 2020
- NetRange moves browser to the cloud in new smart TV range - Broadband TV News - November 26th, 2020
- Hackers steal and save Spotify login information - Somag News - November 26th, 2020
- Three Reasons Why You Should Invest in Cloud-based Email - My TechDecisions - TechDecisions - November 4th, 2020
- No way to go but up as cloud solutions shape the future of business - CNN Philippines - November 4th, 2020
- The global cyber insurance market is expected to reach a value of $70,671.9 million by 2030, from $5,573.2 million in 2019 - Yahoo Finance - November 4th, 2020
- Moving to cloud-native applications and data with Kubernetes and Apache Cassandra - JAXenter - November 4th, 2020
- How Digital Twins Accelerate the Growth of IoT - IoT For All - November 4th, 2020
- Bluebeam expands its global Studio data infrastructure - Planning, BIM & Construction Today - November 4th, 2020
- The journey to a cloud BSS - Ericsson - November 4th, 2020
- Edge computing strategies will determine the next cloud frontier - TechTarget - November 4th, 2020
- How do we protect the hybrid workplace? - TechHQ - November 4th, 2020
- Evolution of File Sharing and its method - InfotechLead.com - November 4th, 2020
- Amazon: The Coming Graviton3 - Seeking Alpha - November 4th, 2020
- Windows Admin Center is Coming to the Azure Portal - Petri.com - November 4th, 2020
- Sophos Uncovers Attackers Targeting Non-Governmental Organizations in Myanmar With New 'KilllSomeOne' Backdoor - GlobeNewswire - November 4th, 2020
- IBM Delivered An RDi Update, Too - IT Jungle - November 4th, 2020