First Company to Hit Sweet Spot Between Managed Kubernetes Offerings That Are Restrictive and Complex DIY
SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 17, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) Today Spectro Cloud, an enterprise cloud-native infrastructure company, emerged from stealth and unveiled its first product: Spectro Cloud. Spectro Cloud provides scalable, policy-based management of Kubernetes for enterprises that need a high degree of control over their infrastructure, whether it is in public cloud, private cloud, bare metal or in any combination. The product has been in private beta since January and will be generally available next quarter.
Enterprises are struggling to realize the promise of Kubernetes due to its operational complexity. While the managed Kubernetes services solve this problem for those that want/need a completely pre-packaged approach, for the majority, they can become too restrictive for the varied needs that enterprises have. Spectro Cloud has created a flexible solution that provides the scalable automation and ease-of-use of the managed services, but enables enterprises to retain greater control, said Roy Illsley, Distinguished Analyst, Enterprise IT, Omdia.
Spectro Cloud lets enterprises customize a Kubernetes infrastructure stack for specific business needs by using a declarative model to define cluster profiles. Spectro Cloud uses these cluster profiles to automate deployment and maintenance of clusters across the enterprise. Canary deployments, patterns for rolling out releases to a subset of users or servers, ensure Kubernetes upgrades dont break dependencies on other ecosystem components while keeping everything consistent with enterprise-wide standards.
Sbastien Morissette, P.Eng., IT Architect Specialist Infrastructure, Security and IT Services at Intact Financial Corporation, Canadas largest provider of property and casualty insurance, said: Our business units end up choosing different Kubernetes providers as they all have different niches and varying maturity levels in different fields like AI, machine learning, public cloud vs on premises offerings, etc. Operationally, this becomes a nightmare because IT needs multiple support structures to address the different infrastructure stacks.
Morissette continued: A platform like Spectro Cloud addresses both the day 1 and day 2 operations of our Kubernetes ecosystem by normalizing the way IT deploys, operates and manages Kubernetes clusters over a broad spectrum of endpoints, both on premises and in the cloud. The control IT gets from Spectro Clouds cluster profiles means they can customize offerings to each business unit while maintaining responsibility for overall operations.
Weve seen enterprises struggle with managed Kubernetes options, and weve also seen them waste time and money trying to do everything in-house. With Spectro Cloud, were giving enterprises a way to run Kubernetes at scale without having to convert their entire way of working to whatever one large vendor thinks is correct. Theyve been burned by that approach before, said Tenry Fu, co-founder and CEO of Spectro Cloud. Fu most recently led the architecture for the Cisco CloudCenter Suite and Cisco Container Platform after his previous company, CliQr, was acquired by Cisco. CliQrs technology enabled applications to run more efficiently across public and private clouds.
Instead of converting their entire business to a single way of working, enterprises can experiment with new approaches at the pace that makes sense for them. Developers can work at the speed they need, while security and audit controls are embedded into the process, regardless of where clusters are deployed. Enterprises can make use of public cloud, private cloud, whatever suits their needs at the time, and change their mind as circumstances require.
With Spectro Cloud, the promise of Kubernetes can finally be realized.
Today Spectro Cloud also announced $7.5 million in seed funding led by Sierra Ventures with participation from Boldstart Ventures.
The market for Kubernetes has crossed the chasm. What weve heard from our CXO Advisory Board of Global 1000 IT executives is that enterprises are still struggling with the operational complexity that comes with Kubernetes. Spectro Clouds team has a deep understanding of the needs of enterprises and has found a unique way to make Kubernetes easy to use for its rapidly growing customer base, said Mark Fernandes, managing director at Sierra Ventures.
From our dozens of conversations with Fortune 500s, it was clear that deploying Kubernetes was a top priority but there was still no solution that met their needs. Spectro Cloud is the first company that not only gives customers fine grained control, flexibility and multi-cloud capabilities for their Kubernetes stack but also the ease of use and scalability of a managed SaaS platform. The teams deep background in cloud infrastructure (founded CliQr sold to Cisco) and their design first ethos has been well received by large enterprises, and were thrilled to be partnered with Spectro Cloud as they redefine the infrastructure ecosystem, said Ed Sim, founder and managing partner at Boldstart Ventures.
About Spectro CloudSpectro Cloud is an enterprise cloud-native infrastructure company that makes Kubernetes manageable at scale for enterprises that need superior control and flexibility. Spectro Cloud provides solutions that help enterprises run Kubernetes their way, anywhere. Spectro Cloud is founded by multi-cloud management experts and is backed by Sierra Ventures and Boldstart Ventures. For more information, visithttps://www.spectrocloud.comor follow @spectrocloudinc.
- How cloud is turning to be an effective tool for healthcare industry during Covid-19 - Express Computer - July 29th, 2020
- The pros and cons of moving to the cloud - Accounting Today - July 29th, 2020
- Veritas taps NetBackup as the beating heart of universal data management - Blocks and Files - July 29th, 2020
- The Style Of Cloud Networking In The Corporate Datacenter - The Next Platform - July 29th, 2020
- Storage skills in the age of the cloud and convergence - ComputerWeekly.com - July 29th, 2020
- Report: Despite Covid-19 disruption in 2020, data center capex poised to hit more than $200B over next five years - FierceTelecom - July 29th, 2020
- Ephesoft Releases New Version of Transact; Touts Time-to-Value of Cloud-based Document Processing Solution - PR Web - July 29th, 2020
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication v10 adds vSphere 7 support and other new features - Continuity Central - July 29th, 2020
- Is Application Awareness on the Cusp of a Renaissance? - Redmondmag.com - July 29th, 2020
- DH2i to Address How to Mitigate Microsoft SQL Server Costs Amidst Pandemic-Ravaged Budgets - PRNewswire - July 29th, 2020
- Charting the Massive Scale of the Digital Cloud - Visual Capitalist - July 14th, 2020
- The Interaction Between Identity Cloud and Akamai Edge Services - Security Boulevard - July 14th, 2020
- CHR, Microsoft partner on cloud and visibility - JOC.com - July 14th, 2020
- Amazon Web Services CEO Andy Jassy on How the Cloud is Aiding Vaccine Development; Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning that is Transforming... - July 14th, 2020
- Server Management Software Market 2020 Global Size, COVID 19 Outbreak, Segments, Growth and Trends by Forecast to 2023 - Cole of Duty - July 14th, 2020
- Tengxunyun.net.cn Is Now Among the Best Online Blogs That Cover Information Regarding Tencent Cloud Server Service - Press Release - Digital Journal - July 14th, 2020
- How Tencent is upping the ante on Asian rival Alibaba Cloud - TechHQ - July 14th, 2020
- Top 5 things to know about serverless computing - TechRepublic - July 14th, 2020
- Businesses That Need Cloud Services - Student Assembly of the State University of New York - July 14th, 2020
- An Army of Swipers: Dating in the Modern Age - Visual Capitalist - July 14th, 2020
- QNAPs AirPlay-enabled 2-Bay Cloud NAS falls to Amazon low at $239 (20% off) - 9to5Toys - July 14th, 2020
- Discover the Power of VUNO's AI Solutions at ECR 2020 - PRNewswire - July 14th, 2020
- Evaluate the top hybrid cloud providers - TechTarget - July 14th, 2020
- Why Businesses Are Implementing Edge Analytics in Their Line of Work - RTInsights - July 14th, 2020
- Get Off the Cloud With Start9's Private Internet Kit - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - July 14th, 2020
- Smart Education and Learning Market 2020 Global Size, Top Leaders, Analytical Overview, Business Growth, Sales Revenue and Forecast 2023 - Sports... - July 14th, 2020
- Windows PCs will have to follow Apples switch to ARM, says former Mac chief - 9to5Mac - July 14th, 2020
- Cloud Computing Server Market In-Depth Analysis, Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Threats, Latest Innovations, Applications, And Growth Forecast... - July 14th, 2020
- Smart Education and Learning Market 2020 Global Industry Size, Key Players Analysis, Business Growth, Regional Trends and Forecast 2023 - Daily... - July 14th, 2020
- How Tencent is bringing the storm clouds to arch-rival Alibaba - Tech Wire Asia - July 6th, 2020
- Unsecured servers leaked data of millions of users of dating sites and apps - TEISS - July 6th, 2020
- How Ather Energy is leveraging the Cloud to build and scale smart mobility solutions for India - YourStory - July 6th, 2020
- Nextcloud, the open source platform that allows you to install and configure your own personal cloud on a web server - Explica - July 6th, 2020
- The Chinese Government is Accessing YOUR Network Through the Backdoor and There Still is NO Place to Hide - China Law Blog - July 6th, 2020
- Scientific Thinking: Processes, methods, and approaches with reference to Deep Tech - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily... - July 6th, 2020
- 5 Best VPNs to consider in 2020 - Techiexpert.com - TechiExpert.com - July 6th, 2020
- Huawei Rotating Chairman Highlights Practices and Prospects of 5G in Digital Transformation for Industries at GSMA Thrive - Al-Bawaba - July 5th, 2020
- AIOps and the evolution of IT infrastructure monitoring - IT Brief Australia - July 5th, 2020
- 360Quadrants Releases Top 10 Cloud Computing Software In 2020 edited by leading research firm - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - July 5th, 2020
- How to Watch Netflix With NordVPN: Does it Work in 2020 ? - Cloudwards - July 5th, 2020
- Migrating SaaS to Cloud: How to do it without disruption - Techiexpert.com - TechiExpert.com - July 4th, 2020
- SaaS Company OWNZONES is Keeping the Post-Production Industry in Motion During the Coronavirus Pandemic - Programming Insider - July 4th, 2020
- Huawei Rotating Chairman Highlights Practices and Prospects of 5G - MENAFN.COM - July 4th, 2020
- Cloud Server Market Research Report, Segment by Industry Player, Type, Application, Global Marketing Channel, and Region 2020-2025 - Cole of Duty - July 4th, 2020
- 5 Ways the Cloud Can Benefit Your Business During the Pandemic - Entrepreneur - July 4th, 2020
- Gulf economies to shrink by 7.6% this year, says IMF - Arab News - July 4th, 2020
- Hyperion Forecast Headwinds in 2020 Won't Stifle Cloud HPC Adoption or Arm's Rise - HPCwire - July 4th, 2020
- Intel Forced To Stop Supplying Chips To Chinese Inspur Cloud Server Manufacturer - Research Snipers - July 4th, 2020
- Cloud Infrastructure Market Size and Growth Analysis and Forecast To 2025 - Daily Research Chronicles - July 4th, 2020
- AIOps and the evolution of IT infrastructure monitoring - IT Brief New Zealand - July 4th, 2020
- The Global Virtualization in Industrial Automation Market is expected to grow by $ 216.39 mn during 2020-2024 progressing at a CAGR of 4% during the... - July 4th, 2020
- Boeing 737 MAX certification flight tests to begin - Arab News - July 4th, 2020
- Edge Computing Is A Red-Hot Tech Trend, Here's How To Invest in It - TheStreet - June 27th, 2020
- Docker servers infected with DDoS malware in extremely rare attacks - ZDNet - June 27th, 2020
- Nebulon emerges with software-defined storage, but from the cloud - ComputerWeekly.com - June 27th, 2020
- Ampere's New 128-Core Altra CPU Targets Intel, AMD In The Cloud - CRN: Technology news for channel partners and solution providers - June 27th, 2020
- Cloud IT Infrastructure Spending Continued to Grow in Q1 2020 While Spending on Non-Cloud Environments Saw Double-Digit Declines, According to IDC -... - June 27th, 2020
- Empowering Edge Cloud in the 5G & IoT Hyper-Connected Era - insideHPC - June 27th, 2020
- Ampere's 128-Core Processor Challenges Intel and AMD in a Cloud-Based Processor Showdown - News - All About Circuits - June 27th, 2020
- This Ransomware Campaign is Being Orchestrated from the Cloud - Computer Business Review - June 27th, 2020
- Ad industry spots money in the cloud | Industry Trends | IBC - IBC365 - June 27th, 2020
- Want to work at Microsoft? Dice.com looks at top jobs, skills the tech giant is looking for - OnMSFT - June 27th, 2020
- The Winston-Salem Symphony Announces Newly Elected Directors - Yes! Weekly - June 27th, 2020
- The Best VPNs for Businesses and Teams - PCMag.com - June 27th, 2020
- NexTech AR Solutions tie-up with Fastly cloud platform leads to video security breakthrough - Proactive Investors USA & Canada - June 27th, 2020
- Moving to the cloud: Migrating Blazegraph to Amazon Neptune - idk.dev - June 27th, 2020
- Cloud-Based Automation Is a Reality; Now What? - Radio World - Radio World - June 27th, 2020
- How Azure, AWS, Google handle data destruction in the cloud - TechTarget - June 27th, 2020
- AMD EPYC Processor Adoption Expands with New Supercomputing and High-Performance Cloud Computing System Wins - GlobeNewswire - June 27th, 2020
- What it Means To Be Software-Defined in Retail and How We Got Here - Retail Info Systems News - June 27th, 2020
- Cloud Storage Market 2020: Challenges, Growth, Types, Applications, Revenue, Insights, Growth Analysis, Competitive Landscape, Forecast- 2025 - Cole... - June 27th, 2020
- Why This Cloud ETF Can Keep up its Torrid Pace - ETF Trends - June 20th, 2020
- FaceApp Privacy: What You Need To Know About The Viral Russian App - Forbes - June 20th, 2020
- Cloud flash storage: SSD options from AWS, Azure and GCP - ComputerWeekly.com - June 20th, 2020
- Could the European Cloud Deliver Data Protection by Default? - CPO Magazine - June 20th, 2020
- Private Cloud Server Market How the Business Will Grow in 2026? - Cole of Duty - June 20th, 2020
- How to Profit from the Growing Divide in Tech Stocks. - Barron's - June 20th, 2020
- Cloud Computing in Education Sector Market Size, Growth, Analysis, Outlook by 2019 Trends, Opportunities and Forecast to 2025 - Medic Insider - June 20th, 2020
- Lenovo announces ThinkSystem SR860 V2 and SR850 V2 servers - Gadgets Now - June 20th, 2020
- Here are 8 career options that are least impacted by recessions - Business Standard - June 20th, 2020