The year 2021 proved that the online world has the power to keep businesses moving through turbulent times. It played a leading role in maintaining relationships between businesses and their customers and it even sparked areas of growth, highlighting the importance of a strong and resilient online presence.
Now we are in 2022, the world of web hosting, domains and website building is likely going to continue shifting to keep up with changing and growing needs of business.
From how the function of domains will change, to the future of server centres and sustainability, here is what might be in store for the world of web tech this new year.
Domains are a finite resource and so its only a matter of time before businesses are forced to start thinking outside the box. 2022 will be the year in which new domains start to gain popularity.
The UK domain name market has been overly saturated with requests for .com and .co.uk extensions for some time. When unavailable, website owners wont go straight for a secondary extension like .me or .cloud. Instead, theyll go back and change something about their company name by adding in a dash or a dot between words. Its only when that compromise isnt available that they look down the list to changing the extension type.
The way domains are used now has changed drastically from ten years ago and this will only continue to evolve in this new year. Often a Google search will be the fastest route to a website and therefore the specific domain name is far less relevant.
Businesses also need to factor in what kind of audience they attract and how they navigate the internet. Everyone has different behavioural traits online, but more often we want to find the required information as fast as possible.
Accessibility and simplicity are key. And because of this everything has got to get shorter and faster to access, including weblinks. Thats where these new domains will come in.
We hope to see new domain extensions take off in 2022 including .shop and .cloud, however for this change to take place, the market has to get behind it.
When it comes to the future of website building, web hosting platforms will need to adapt to ensure they are able to provide businesses with the opportunity to add widgets, new pages and update themes, all at the tap of a screen.
In short, there is going to be much more of an emphasis on convenience and ease than ever before. Website building will be focussed on inputting basic information into an app: and if its not easy to use businesses will lose customer interest.
Take the integration of social shops as an example, with the ever-increasing popularity of platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and TikTok shops, its more important than ever for web builders to offer quick integration that sync with these channels easily.
Businesses dont want the hassle of managing a website, and so in 2022, web hosting platforms that can provide infrastructure support such as upgrades and admin will be favored, enabling businesses to focus on other key areas, like revenue generation and business management.
We have many customers that already consume a lot of our underlying support. Demand for server support, as an example, is on the rise as businesses look for ease of use.
Software developers want to log into a server, install it and be done. Over the next year outsourcing activity such as the management of servers will only grow in importance.
The largest threat to our industry right now is cybersecurity, and this will only intensify over the coming year.
Conversations around cybersecurity have become part of managing a business and identifying who is responsible for the upkeep of the security of certain areas like email accounts, GDPR adherence among other things is crucial.
Cybercriminals are out there, and they will continue to grow in prominence. In 2022, greater focus will be placed on security within web hosting platforms. SSL certificates will become increasingly important to provide customers with the confidence that they can operate in a safe and secure space where daily functions wont be compromised.
Environmental initiatives will be on the agenda for businesses across a range of sectors as the business world turns its attention to how we can build a more sustainable world and reduce carbon emissions.
With stats estimating that data centers are responsible for 1% of the worlds consumed electricity, this is going to become a high priority in meeting environmental business targets: data centers that are run on renewable energy like solar or wind, will rise in popularity.
The key take-outs are simple. Businesses must now pursue the most convenient channels, that add ease to their everyday operations and allow them to focus on revenue generating activities. Traditional uses of domains are going to decline, making way for a search engine focused future.
We will also see an increase in businesses placing importance on their web infrastructure and outsourcing the support they need to maintain it. Finally, the push to find greener server suppliers has only just begun, and businesses are going to be on the lookout for suppliers that help to contribute to their carbon reduction pledges.
There is no denying that the online world is changing. Crucially, hosting and web building platforms as well as domain providers must keep up by offering services businesses require to stay ahead of the curve in 2022.
Read the rest here:
The future of web hosting: 5 things to look out for in 2022 - TechRadar
- Blackline Safety : What is the cloud and why should businesses care about cloud-connected safety? - marketscreener.com - January 22nd, 2022
- DataHEALTH, Inc. Begins Notification of Cybersecurity Incident - PRNewswire - January 22nd, 2022
- Data Centers Must Rethink Interconnection in Order to Evolve - Data Center Frontier - January 22nd, 2022
- Onlive Server Launched Canada VPS Hosting with Upto 48 CPU CORE and Cloud VPS Control Panel - Digital Journal - January 22nd, 2022
- Gartner: IT spending forecast points to skills rebalance - ComputerWeekly.com - January 22nd, 2022
- IBM is selling off its Watson Health assets - Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News - January 22nd, 2022
- Global Cloud Hosting Service Market Focusing on Trends and Innovations during the Period 2021 to 2027 Discovery Sports Media - Discovery Sports Media - January 22nd, 2022
- Why COVIDtests.gov worked where HealthCare.gov stumbled - FedScoop - January 22nd, 2022
- VTEX : 5 benefits of SaaS and a cloud commerce ecosystem - marketscreener.com - January 22nd, 2022
- Ford and ADT team up to prevent theft from vehicles - TechCrunch - January 22nd, 2022
- Patent Awarded to Nanoprecise Sci Corp for its Automated Predictive Maintenance Solution - PR Newswire India - January 22nd, 2022
- Recent Analysis on Cloud Hosting Service Market 2022-2028 Top Trends, Business Opportunity, and Growth Strategy LSMedia - LSMedia - January 22nd, 2022
- Google Project Iris AR Headset in the Works, May Feature In-House Processor: Report - Gadgets 360 - January 22nd, 2022
- Cyber Security in 2022: What Should You Know? - GISuser.com - January 22nd, 2022
- Cellular connectivity: the final piece of the IoT puzzle - ITProPortal - January 22nd, 2022
- The opportunities and challenges of data center industry in 2022 - Analytics India Magazine - January 16th, 2022
- The rising threat of cyber criminals targeting cloud infrastructure in 2022 - Help Net Security - January 16th, 2022
- Strata Identity Hosts Complimentary Webinar Featuring ESG Analyst on Identity and Policy Management for Multi-Cloud in 2022 - Business Wire - January 16th, 2022
- ISG to Conduct Study on Private and Hybrid Cloud Providers - StreetInsider.com - January 16th, 2022
- Strengthening the availability chain - ITProPortal - January 16th, 2022
- NordVPN launches open source VPN speed testing tool - IT PRO - January 16th, 2022
- Emby vs Plex: Which media server is right for you? - nation.lk - The Nation Newspaper - January 16th, 2022
- Nutanix Rajiv Ramaswami On His First Year As CEO - Forbes - January 16th, 2022
- ThycoticCentrify adds new security controls and automation to Secret Server - SecurityBrief Asia - January 16th, 2022
- PCIe 6.0 is here with double the bandwidth at 128Gbps - comments - GSMArena.com - January 16th, 2022
- 'Our servers are secure' -- NIMC responds as hacker claims he gained access to NIN database - TheCable - January 16th, 2022
- How this Mumbai startup is carving a niche for itself in the crowded ecommerce delivery space - YourStory - January 16th, 2022
- What begins with a 'B' and is having problems at tsoHost? Hopefully not your website - The Register - January 12th, 2022
- Sensory Extends Voice and Visual AI Platform to the Cloud - Voicebot.ai - January 12th, 2022
- How these 3 Companies Leverage the Hybrid Cloud - TechGenix - January 12th, 2022
- Multi-cloud security doesn't have to be complicated, just consistent - IT-Online - January 12th, 2022
- Podcast: why the future of data management sits in the cloud - Central Banking - January 12th, 2022
- Streaming Analytics Market worth $50.1 billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets - Yahoo Finance - January 12th, 2022
- Growing Technical Advancements in DevOps Technologies and Their Rising Demand for Optimizing Business Operations to Drive the Global DevOps Market by... - January 12th, 2022
- Data Center Market to Grow by USD 519.34 Bn | Adoption of Multi-cloud and Network Upgrades to Support 5G will Drive Growth | Technavio - PRNewswire - January 12th, 2022
- From 1920s to 2020s: Get ready for a new Roaring Twenties - Big Think - January 12th, 2022
- Post Pandemic: Cloud Adoption Needs to Be Accelerated - APN News - January 12th, 2022
- 2 Growth Stocks That Could Double Your Money in 5 Years - Motley Fool - January 12th, 2022
- Dispelling the top five myths of modern infrastructure - ComputerWeekly.com - January 12th, 2022
- The Future of Records & Compliance With Optimere CEO ICYMI - Government Technology - January 12th, 2022
- Why Banks Are Slow to Embrace Cloud Computing - The New York Times - January 4th, 2022
- How I fell into the self-hosting rabbit hole in 2021 - Windows Central - January 4th, 2022
- New Connectivity Is Bringing Roads Up to Speed - Wired.co.uk - January 4th, 2022
- Healthcare for the new normal world reimagined with digital analytics at the core - ETHealthworld.com - January 4th, 2022
- Opinion: White Renegade of the Year 2021 Gregory Hood - Prescott eNews - January 4th, 2022
- Best of 2021 Why Kubernetes is the King of Containerized Tools - Container Journal - December 27th, 2021
- Cloud and Edge Computing Will Be Key for Government Agencies in 2022 - StateTech Magazine - December 27th, 2021
- Cloud Security Market 2021: Industry Size, Regions, Emerging Trends, Growth Insights, Opportunities, and Forecast By 2027 mainlander.nz -... - December 27th, 2021
- iOS 15.2 Makes it Easier to Replace the Screen on the iPhone 13 - iDrop News - December 27th, 2021
- 4-Year-Old Bug in Azure App Service Exposed Hundreds of Source Code Repositories - The Hacker News - December 27th, 2021
- Top 5 Best Free Linux Cloud Servers  - December 22nd, 2021
- phoenixNAP and MemVerge to Enable Memory Virtualization in Bare Metal Cloud - HPCwire - December 22nd, 2021
- AWS outages and cloud computing, explained - Popular Science - December 22nd, 2021
- How the Cloud Helps With Medical Research and Remote Medicine - Business Insider - December 22nd, 2021
- Contributed | The role of the Cloud in digital transformation - DIGIT.FYI - December 22nd, 2021
- Cloud Security Market 2021 is Expected to be on Course to Achieve Considerable Growth to 2027 mainlander.nz - mainlander.nz - December 22nd, 2021
- How Tripwire Can Be a Partner on Your Zero Trust Journey - tripwire.com - December 22nd, 2021
- Top Cloud Computing Trends Shaping Our IT Landscape in 2022 - CRN - India - CRN.in - December 22nd, 2021
- Medelln Campus writes the future of worldwide industrial automation - Intelligent CIO ME - December 22nd, 2021
- How Kubernetes lowers costs and automates IT department work - The Register - December 22nd, 2021
- 3 Top Trends to Invest in for 2022 (and Beyond) - Motley Fool - December 22nd, 2021
- What Agencies Need to Do to Combat Shadow IT Driven by Cloud Sprawl - Nextgov - December 12th, 2021
- Nvidia CEO Huang jointly files patent for software tech in the metaverse - The Register - December 12th, 2021
- Truly thrifty cloud hosting - Hetzner Online GmbH - December 5th, 2021
- These researchers wanted to test cloud security. They were shocked by what they found - ZDNet - December 5th, 2021
- What Is The Cloud And Where Is It Used? - Fossbytes - December 5th, 2021
- JetBrains starts adding remote dev functionality on IDEs and introduces Fleet - ZDNet - December 5th, 2021
- Your iPhones best trick is tucked away inside Photos app do you know it?... - The Sun - December 5th, 2021
- Tech Investment Alert: Check Out Top Five Tech Stocks Today - Analytics Insight - December 5th, 2021
- Tencent Cloud and AMD Join Forces to Launch StarLake Servers in Southeast Asia - HPCwire - December 3rd, 2021
- A Climate Dystopia Displayed at the UMOCA with 'the weight of a cloud' - Daily Utah Chronicle - December 3rd, 2021
- AWS Announced General Availability of Elastic Disaster Recovery - InfoQ.com - December 3rd, 2021
- The Benefits of Using a Share File Server in Education - eLearningInside News - eLearningInside News - December 3rd, 2021
- 5 questions for Mark Mills on the cloud revolution - Washington Examiner - December 3rd, 2021
- Inspur Information Impresses in AI Performance with 7 Titles in MLPerf Training v1.1 - Business Wire - December 3rd, 2021
- How Secure Is iMessage? | Leaked FBI Document Reveals the Truth - iDrop News - December 3rd, 2021
- Netweb Technologies Bags Award from MeitY in Contribution to the Manufacturing Sector - News Nation - December 3rd, 2021
- FTC is Suing NVIDIA to Stop Its $40B Acquisition of Arm Amidst Concerns of Potential Reliance from Rival Firms Should Deal Push Through - Tech Times - December 3rd, 2021
- Securing the edge server infrastructure from the ground up - The Register - December 3rd, 2021
- VPS Hosting | Free SSD VPS Server Trial | Windows VPS ... - November 22nd, 2021