We've got a few storage news sushi snacks to start off your week. Get your chopsticks out and lift up each of these little beauties to get a taste of who's doing what in the land of the data-baiters, virtualizer commercializers and the cloud crowd.
Data protection supplier Code42 has partnered with cloud-based e-discovery software Zapproved LLC to produce CloudPreserve for Code42 and Legal Hold Pro.
Legal Hold Pro is Zapproveds product which automates legal holds and data preservation requests. Customers use Code42s endpoint data protection software to back up employee data to a secure on-premises or cloud location and then Legal Hold Pro can be used to wall off part of it behind a legal hold barrier. That data is preserved for litigation and e-discovery purposes.
Corporate legal departments can select computers protected by Code42 as an additional preservation source within the Legal Hold Pro interface. Businesses have the ability to apply in-place preservation holds on custodian computer data directly from Legal Hold Pro.
The two say identified files on those computers can be collected every minute without any manual collection processes and without disrupting the custodian. Legal teams will have faster access to files for litigation and compliance purposes, point-in-time historical visibility to the documents, and protection from device tampering and ransomware-related file loss. Unlimited cloud storage ensures that the protected data is continually maintained and accessible.
End-point protector, file sharer and governancer (Is that a word? Ed) announced Druva Cloud Platform to provide a unified control plane for data management services across endpoint, server, and cloud application data.
This Druva Cloud Platform features time-indexed metadata, global scale-out de-duplication, auto-tiering, RESTful APIs for access and ecosystem integration, and highly elastic search and analytics capabilities.
Jaspreet Singh, co-founder and CEO of Druva, said the Druva Cloud Platform is designed to provide data protection, governance, and intelligence across the full data footprint of the enterprise all delivered as a service. Search, deletion, recovery, compliance monitoring and more functions are applicable across the full data set.
There is no dedicated hardware and storage infrastructure to drive up total cost of ownership, and the associated software that must replicate data between systems to address discrete data challenges (eg, backup, disaster recovery, compliance, eDiscovery, analytics).
Druva says server, endpoint, cloud workload, and application data are optimised as a single, globally de-duplicated data set, and natively managed in the cloud. Companies can achieve global visibility and policy management across all their data from a single control plane.
It claims the product's storage uses heuristics and machine learning to optimize and auto-tune data protection policies, resulting in significantly shorter backup windows.
Find out more here. Druva Cloud Platform is available in Tech Preview, shipping GA in calendar Q4 in 2017.
Findings of the Druva 2017 VMware Cloud Migration Survey are:
Panzura announced its Mobile Client which enables organizations to natively share files from the cloud to any device at any location.
It provides Enterprise File Sync and Share (EFSS) functionality so users can give employees access to the data via all iOS, Android, PC, and Mac devices.
Hyper-converged virtual SAN storage software supplier StorMagic says its SvSAN product will form an integral part of Ciscos Secure Ops managed cybersecurity offering for OT (Operational Technology) networks, targeted to medium sized and large enterprises.
Ciscos Secure Ops Solution offering helps businesses manage cybersecurity risk and compliance requirements in industrial automation environments. Example customers include Diamond Offshore, active in, unsurprisingly, in offshore drilling and a provider of contract drilling services to the global energy industry. It is also used by a major oil and gas company to protect its ICS Network.
StorMagic says SvSAN forms one of several tightly integrated products and services brought together to form a single product that offers network monitoring and data flow.
Secure Ops original architecture ran in its data centre and was dependent on non-HA local storage to provide the required performance and uptime. Cisco revised the architecture to include a client-side compute infrastructure. This enabled Secure Ops to provide security protection at the client site in combination with a data centre component that collects and analyses critical information.
The updated design uses SvSAN for clusters of dense rack servers for high-availability. At each client site there is a cluster of two Cisco UCS C220 M4 rack servers that communicate back to another cluster of two Cisco UCS C240 M4 rack servers in a Secure Ops data centre. The servers are virtualized using VMware and the storage is virtualized by StorMagic using internal server disks. There is no need for external storage arrays at any of the sites. SvSAN mirrors data between servers to provide the required high availability at each location.
Enterprise backup and business continuity supplier Unitrends says its Recovery Series backup appliances and Unitrends Backup virtual appliances have hypervisor integration for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV).
It helps to eliminate the VMware tax as Unitrends' CEO Paul Brady explained in a canned quote: "Our joint customers running 3rd party hypervisors on Nutanix are looking for new ways to increase the ROI of their infrastructure, and have told us Acropolis is a great way to do that by eliminating the high cost of VMware licensing. Without proper backup, data management, and enterprise cloud continuity in place, customers could never make that ROI a reality."
Unitrends will extend its core data centre backup and recovery capabilities for Nutanix to the purpose-built Unitrends Cloud which provides continuity services that fill gaps enterprises face with hyperscale clouds like Amazon Web Services (AWS), such as recovery Service Level Agreements (SLAs), failover scalability, and cost-effective compliance for DR testing and long-term retention.
We've reached the end of the sushi buffet. We hope your storage news hunger has been sated.
Sponsored: The Joy and Pain of Buying IT - Have Your Say
- Unlocking the Key to the Cloud - Security Boulevard - January 23rd, 2020
- What is the difference between SaaS and Cloud Computing - WhaTech - January 23rd, 2020
- Cloud Database and Database as a Service (DBaaS) Market Analysis on Top Key Vendors, Revenue Growth and Business Development Forecast 2017-2025 -... - January 23rd, 2020
- Helsinki-based UpCloud raises 18 million to rapidly grow its team and cloud computing services - Tech.eu - January 23rd, 2020
- Nextcloud Hub takes on Google Docs and Office 365 - ZDNet - January 23rd, 2020
- Google Cloud Run: What every IT Ops team should know - TechBeacon - January 23rd, 2020
- Microsoft's Nadella On Why The Future Is All About Cloud; Buyers Are Into TikTok's Self-Serve Ad Platform - AdExchanger - January 23rd, 2020
- Why Many Tech Companies are Turning to the Hybrid Cloud to Tackle Today's Business Challenges - Data Center Frontier - January 23rd, 2020
- Global Cloud Server Market 2020 By Analysis -Worldwide Opportunities, Revenue, Production, Demand and Geographical Forecast To 2025 Dagoretti News -... - January 23rd, 2020
- The trillionaires club: How big data, cloud and AI are powering the tech economy - SiliconANGLE - January 23rd, 2020
- Nebulon gets less nebulous, aims to replace SAN and hyperconverged storage - Blocks and Files - January 23rd, 2020
- Global Private Cloud Server Market Growth Opportunities, Challenges, Competitive Analysis And Forecast 2020-2025 - Expedition 99 - Expedition 99 - January 23rd, 2020
- Experts discuss industry response to multicloud - IT Brief New Zealand - January 23rd, 2020
- Data Governance And Smart Cities Are Helping Improve Quality Of Life In Japan - Forbes - January 23rd, 2020
- The Benefits of Identity Management for Healthcare Businesses - Solutions Review - January 23rd, 2020
- How the cloud went from 0 to 100 in ten years - Express Computer - January 23rd, 2020
- Suspect Wanted in May Shooting Arrested in St. Cloud - WJON News - January 23rd, 2020
- Wyze data leak: Key takeaways from server mistake that exposed information from 2.4M customers - GeekWire - January 1st, 2020
- Conquering the Cyber Security Challenges of the Cloud - CPO Magazine - January 1st, 2020
- City of Cottonwood now a certified sustainable business | Sedona.Biz - The Internet Voice of Sedona and The Verde Valley - Sedona.biz - January 1st, 2020
- A restaurant server got a massive tip and it is helping to change her life - KFOR Oklahoma City - January 1st, 2020
- Cloud Hopper Attacks Far More Extensive than First Thought - CloudWedge - January 1st, 2020
- 2019: The Year in Hyperscale - Data Center Frontier - January 1st, 2020
- Using the Windows Admin Center Azure services feature - TechTarget - January 1st, 2020
- Privacy scare leads Wyze to unpair all devices from Google Assistant and Alexa, you'll need to add them back (Update: Further responses) - Android... - January 1st, 2020
- 5 top tech predictions for 2020 and beyond - BusinessTech - January 1st, 2020
- Exposed databases are as bad as data breaches, and they're not going anywhere - CNET - December 28th, 2019
- From bookstore to cloud hosting: How Amazon 'took the lead' in the technology world - CBC.ca - December 28th, 2019
- Bare Metal Cloud Market Future Aspect Analysis and Current Trends by 2017 to 2025 - Market Research Sheets - December 28th, 2019
- Microsoft Stock Is Floating on a Cloud - Investorplace.com - December 28th, 2019
- How Important Is The Intelligent Cloud Segment To Microsofts Stock? - Forbes - December 28th, 2019
- Privacy scare leads Wyze to unpair all devices from Google Assistant and Alexa, you'll need to add them back - Android Police - December 28th, 2019
- To protect data and code in the age of hybrid cloud, you can always turn to Intel SGX - The Register - December 28th, 2019
- The silver lining in cloud for financial institutions - ITProPortal - December 28th, 2019
- Server Microprocessor Market Projected to Grow at an Impressive CAGR Of XX% Between 2017 2027 Bulletin Line - Bulletin Line - December 28th, 2019
- Listen to the boomers - or cloud could make you go bust - ITProPortal - December 28th, 2019
- Dr. Max Welling on Federated Learning and Bayesian Thinking - Synced - December 28th, 2019
- 7 crackpot technologies that might transform IT - CIO East Africa - December 28th, 2019
- Over 750,000 Applications for Copies of US Birth Certificates Left Exposed Online - Security Boulevard - December 14th, 2019
- For Cloud-native App Security, Few Companies Have Embraced DevSecOps - Security Boulevard - December 14th, 2019
- Amping Up The Arm Server Roadmap - The Next Platform - December 14th, 2019
- Over 750,000 Applications for US Birth Certificates Left Exposed Online - Security Boulevard - December 14th, 2019
- AWS outperforms rivals in test of cloud capabilities - TechRepublic - December 14th, 2019
- Hyperscale operators accounted for a third of all data center spending in first three quarters of 2019 - FierceTelecom - December 14th, 2019
- IoT news of the week for Dec. 13, 2019 - Stacey on IoT - December 14th, 2019
- Data Sovereignty: The imperative for action - DatacenterDynamics - December 14th, 2019
- Google Transfer Service makes moving your data to the cloud easier than ever - ITProPortal - December 14th, 2019
- Why Middle East startups are choosing the cloud - Khaleej Times - December 14th, 2019
- The 10 Hottest New Business And Enterprise Servers Of 2019 - CRN: Technology news for channel partners and solution providers - December 14th, 2019
- Pulseway Introduces the All New, Integrated Cloud Backup Solution - PR Web - December 14th, 2019
- Edge predictions for 2020: From SD-WAN and cloud interconnection to security - Small Business - December 14th, 2019
- Broadcom Launches Another Tomahawk Into The Datacenter - The Next Platform - December 14th, 2019
- Four Technologies That Are Changing The Way We Do Business - TechShout! - December 14th, 2019
- Meet the power players behind Microsoft's Azure cloud - Business Insider - December 8th, 2019
- Hyperscale Data Center Market - Global Outlook and Forecast 2019-2024: Adoption of Cloud-based Services and & Big Data Driving Hyperscale Data... - December 8th, 2019
- Inside Intel's billion-dollar transformation in the age of AI - Fast Company - December 8th, 2019
- Amazon's cloud business bombards the market with dozens of new features as it looks to preserve its lead - CNBC - December 8th, 2019
- What is Infrastructure-as-a-Service? Everything you need to know about IaaS - TechRadar - December 8th, 2019
- Report: Growing HCI Space Boosted by Cloud, AI - Virtualization Review - December 8th, 2019
- 20 VPS providers to shut down on Monday, giving customers two days to save their data - ZDNet - December 8th, 2019
- How AWS Plans to Speed Up the Cloud - Toolbox - December 8th, 2019
- Finally: AWS Gives Servers A Real Shot In The Arm - The Next Platform - December 8th, 2019
- 5 Top Features of the Cloud that can Benefit Your Small Business - Atlanta Small Business Network - December 8th, 2019
- Once-Reticent Utilities Accelerating Move to the Cloud - Transmission & Distribution World - December 8th, 2019
- Ampere preps an 80-core Arm processor for the cloud - Network World - December 8th, 2019
- Cisco Down Two Execs As One Reportedly Jumps To John Chambers-Backed Pensando - CRN: The Biggest Tech News For Partners And The IT Channel - December 8th, 2019
- Meet CIMON-2, a new and improved robotic AI astronaut - Astronomy Magazine - December 8th, 2019
- Qualcomms Snapdragon Tech Summit focuses on 5G AI chips and use cases - VentureBeat - December 8th, 2019
- Are All Russian Mobile Apps Really a Potential Counterintelligence Threat? This is What the Experts Say - Newsweek - December 8th, 2019
- Overcome these VMware Cloud on AWS migration challenges - TechTarget - December 8th, 2019
- Aptiv To Unveil Open Source Advanced Technology Architecture - Forbes - December 8th, 2019
- Bitcoin Ichimoku Cloud Analysis BTC Price Prediction When To Buy Bitcoin? - Nasdaq - December 8th, 2019
- FBI classifies FaceApp as counterintelligence threat, citing ties to Russian intelligence | TheHill - The Hill - December 2nd, 2019
- Tech co. with Glasgow office merges, rebrands - Delaware Business Times - December 2nd, 2019
- Gatsby Cloud and its Impact on the Headless CMS Space - CMSWire - December 2nd, 2019
- This Holiday Season, Give Your Data Center Manager the Gift of Clarity - Data Economy - December 2nd, 2019
- Unsecured Server with Private Data from Millions of SMS Messages Found Online - Security Boulevard - December 2nd, 2019
- Media Giant Meredith Corporation Selects Nasuni To Help Move Traditional On-Premises File Infrastructure To Amazon Web Services - PRNewswire - December 2nd, 2019
- Encapulsation means application migration is no longer the blocker to digital transformation - Business MattersBusiness Matters - December 2nd, 2019
- Cloud Server Market by 2023 Worldwide Growth Opportunities Recent Trends Forecast by Types and Application to 2023 - Space Market Research - December 2nd, 2019